You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worth a big blind?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    hope they sack the camera man at kelsobloody thing didnt stop shaking
  • edited February 2011
    Have will hill radio on gonna listen to the 6.05 race before decidin wether to have a bet or wait for tomoro.

Edit - that Kilmansac is down to 12/1 now....and theyre tipping up a horse in the 6-35 at Kempton called Nahab.......Which they say is 20/1 on hills, only 16/1 here, sigh.

Gonna have an ew double on those 2!
  • edited February 2011
    well the odds on fav got beaten but ours was no where
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind?:
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : you sure you wanna do this after yesterday disasters??? had 6 winners but still wellllllll down.  Only having a bet this afternoon for the sake of it, only had a quick look, and small stakes comapred to alst few days.  Will have a better bet tonights racing, mrs is at college so need soemthing for then. 2.30 - Peck Seasons - 16/1 £2.50ew (outsider of the field dont fancy anytihng in this race) 3.05 - Tanners Court - 11/2 £5 3.40 - Martha Elizabeth - 15/8 £20 (only horse i really fancy) 4.15 - irish Sympathy - 13/2 - £5 4.50 - There Ya - 10/1 - £5 (fav is big odds on and only 7 runners) 5.25 - Newton Tonic - 33/1 - £2.50ew (as short as 16/1 with soem bookies only reason ive had it) As you can see im not confident about any of these really, but then when i was really confident yesterday i ahd a mare, Good luck all Gareth
    Posted by 35suited
    Well this won, but at 15/8!!!! the odds on fav was pulled out in the end and this ran as 2nd fav
  • edited February 2011
    I wouldnt bother having another bet m8, non runners are destryonig todays racing, there was 3 in the 6.20 and thorse i abcked at 3/1 went of 6/5 fav, and still lost!!!! my next at kelso the 6.50 is a non runner now as well, wish i hadnt bothered betting now
  • edited February 2011
    Whats brought that on then? I know it normally happens when theres a sudden change in weather, usually for the worse.....

But 2day is dry?

• edited February 2011
    Dunno m8, been quite a few all day, maybe becuase its april they were hoping for rain, i know 1 triner withdrew a lot of his horses because of a bad journy down to the course.
  • edited February 2011

The 2nd snooker bet finishes tonight, its the final session in each of the matches...

I Have Ally Carter to win, currently 9-8 up, first to 13....

And Ronnie to win, currently 9-7 up (struggling in the 17th) , again....first to 13....

19/5 double.

Gonna be a tense night, I need 2 red buttons !!!
  • edited February 2011
    O'sullivan isnt playing very well tonight, missed more shots tongiht than id expect him to miss the whole tournament
  • edited February 2011

"WHERE'S THE CUEBALL GOING???" - gotta love John Virgo thats all he says.

Yea Ronnys not on it yet, this is a huge frame I think, 10-9 or 11-8 is a huge difference.

I wanted Ronnie -2.5 on the handicap but skybet messed up and I cudnt get it on in time, might have done me a favour.

At least one is gonna go to a deciding frame......
  • edited February 2011
    Unlucky m8, his head wsnt there today, surely you gotta try for snookers in that last frame you got nothing to loose
  • edited February 2011

Ohh well yet another snooker bet fails miserably!!

1 more shot on a handicap double on the semi finals tomorrow!! Aghhhh
  • edited February 2011
    what you having m8, i cnat see past slebyand roberston myself,but dont think they will be much of a price
  • edited February 2011

like the look of liverpool to qualify for the final tonight. theyve been poor away in europe but destroyed better teams than athletico at anfield so 10/11 looks good to me 

• edited February 2011

I think Ally Carter could beat Robertson...I wtched the whole of his game against Murphy, and he didnt turn up.

You saw glimpses of him in top form, and he was brilliant, he just made so many unforced errors.

If he can cut those out (and of course he can hes a professional snooker player), missing blacks off the spot etc, then he can turn up and run over the Aussie.

For that reason, and to find a bigger price, I want to back Carter -4/5/6 frames.....But sky arent offering the minus handicap betting on him,  as he's the underdog. This sucks!!!

I would go Carter -5, Selby -5 double if I could.....

• edited February 2011
    I got 2 tips for the snooker :

Derek McGovern in The Mirror said back N.Robertson at 12/1

My mate is the racing tipster in our local paper the Oldham Chron. he advised A.Carter at 33/1

Not had a bet so a bit gutted !

Im going to have £40 on N.Robertson now at 3/1 (now i have missed the boat)
  • edited February 2011

have gone for an e/w treble on

2-20 hereford      Rossbrin           @  9/1
       2-40 folkestone   Caramelita        @  9/1
       3-00 redcar         Mr Prize Fighter  @  12/1

gl 2 all  dtw
  • edited February 2011
    Wasnt gonig to have a bet today, with a stag do on saturday and wedding nxt saturday was planning on saving somemoney, but what the heck :) didnt have a bet this afternoon and after looknig at the results think i mgiht have had a few winners, of course it easy to say that after the race.

Only had a bet a brighton tonight

5.00 - Prophet in a dream - 11/4 - £5
    5.30 - Shadow bay - 25/1 - £2.50ew
    6.00 - Noble jack - 14/1 - £2.50ew
    6.30 - StanleyRigby 12/1 - £2.50ew
    7.00 - Blue Tango - 7/4 - £20
    7.30 - Choreography - 8/1 £2.50ew
    8.00 - Wreningham - 15/8 - £20
  • edited February 2011
    Doh im glad you couldnt get your bet on carter 5-0 down getting spanked
  • edited February 2011
    Yah he's missing the sitters again - might get a bet on him in running after this session - shud be a nice price, and tie it in with the Selby -5.5 for a double...

I aint gonna give up on him !! - He will win the next session 7-1/6-2 I rekon ! :)
  • edited February 2011
    where is 35suited today? i'm missing my daily tips
  • edited February 2011

Maybe he hit the jackpot last night and is on a plane somwehere?

He better be back for tomorrow afternoon when it's on tele !!
  • edited February 2011
    think he's at a wedding this weekend is'nt he?
  • edited February 2011

ahhhh maybe, im nakerd then !!

Bring back Moonoo !!! Dunguib or no Dunguib !!!
  • edited February 2011
    where will i get my daily fix from now....... oh no my hands are starting to shake,before you know it
    i'll be foaming at the mouth!!!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Lol well if id hav known there was a dmeand for them id have started charging ;)

Had a break today, friday is the one day of the week im busy, dont get that much of a chance to get on here, and the last couple of days havent been fantastic so a day off wont hurt.  I mgiht have been temtped to have a bet tonight but im babysitting in a little while and no sure they have sky.

Im not at a wedding tihs weekend its the following, stag do is tomorrow ngiht looknig forward to that so rest assured ill be posting some bets tomorrow.

Gareth
  • edited February 2011
    oh thank go d for that. cheers gareth, i know i dont post alot but always come on here to read yours and silentbobs tip
    be assured they are much appreciated, ty.
  • edited February 2011
    sorry forgot to say a thank you too dohhhhh for his snooker tips......cheers
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind?:
    oh thank go d for that. cheers gareth, i know i dont post alot but always come on here to read yours and silentbobs tip be assured they are much appreciated, ty.
    Posted by LENGALENG
    thanks for that, just hope ive got you some winners!!

Dohhh your a cricket man you had a bet on the 2020 world cup???? i like to watch it but dont know enoguh about the toher teams so jsut had a patriotic tenner on england 10/1
  • edited February 2011
    Leng my snooker tips are about as reliable as Englands batting order, which leads me onto the 20 20....

N no Gareth, I havent backed anyone one as it's just too hard to call.

I always like Sri Lanka in this format, especially on the slow pitches is in the Windies, India have the batting line up, South Africa strong all round, and NZ always there or there abouts.....

I'd like to think England have as good a chance as theyve ever had, the selectors have gone with their heads this time, rather than bottling it and goin for the safe picks.....

So yeh generally when I have no clue and want a bet I go for what I want to happen, so will probably join ya and have abit on England myself before their first match.