You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thanks and goodbye

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
You may have noticed , I've not been a regular contributor to the forum recently. sort of becoming disillusioned with poker recently, especially doubting my own ability.

Just wanted to say goodbye to all those that I've had the pleasure playing with, chatting with and meeting at SPTs over the last 2-3 years. Tonight will be my final night on the tables.

You've got a great site, community and forum here guys and a special thanks goes to Tikay, Rich orford and all the other Skypoker presenters and team.

Good luck to you all, hope to see many of you on tv in future big tournaments.

for those wanting to keep in touch, you can always add me on facebook , not many David Pilling in the world.

Thanks for all your kind words and support, stay lucky guys (and gals )

Jaeger

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Thanks and goodbye:
    You may have noticed , I've not been a regular contributor to the forum recently. sort of becoming disillusioned with poker recently, especially doubting my own ability. Just wanted to say goodbye to all those that I've had the pleasure playing with, chatting with and meeting at SPTs over the last 2-3 years. Tonight will be my final night on the tables. You've got a great site, community and forum here guys and a special thanks goes to Tikay, Rich orford and all the other Skypoker presenters and team. Good luck to you all, hope to see many of you on tv in future big tournaments. for those wanting to keep in touch, you can always add me on facebook , not many David Pilling in the world. Thanks for all your kind words and support, stay lucky guys (and gals ) Jaeger
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Dave why not take a break the next time you're on the rig mate. It would be a shame to lose you.
    How you can doubt your ability is beyond me I hope I speak for all when I say you are a top player, we all go through ups and downs it's poker mate.
    take a few weeks off when you're next offshore and come back all the stronger bud
  • edited February 2011
    Don't say good bye..just say "see you later" and have a break :) x
  • edited February 2011
    Dave

I was a bit worried you might come out saying this... One minute you were playing £5 MTT's steadily going along enjoying poker blah blah, then you had that big Primo win and suddenly you were playing 200nl and the big cash 300 game. I think you have just jumped way to many levels too quick and are feeling the beats now they are worth £200 instead of £10.

My advice is take a break, a month or what ever you need, come back with a smaller bankroll and go back to the games you were ENJOYING. Rome was not built over night (Or 1 tournament)
  • edited February 2011
    OH MAN ANOTHER FISH ( BIG ) LEAVING HOW COULD YOU, WHEN I`V BEEN CHEESED OFF JUST TAKE COUPLE DAYS OFF WHICH I FIND TOUGH BECAUSE THERE ARE LOTS OFF FRIENDS AND I MISS THE BANTER - PLEASE RECONSIDER AND TAKE A FEW DAYS OFF
  • edited February 2011

Q. What do Peter Eastgate, Shaun Deeb and Jaegarbomb all have in common?

A. They've all retired from poker.

Eastgate and Deeb were both back playing within a year or so.

We'll see you in a few months!

• edited February 2011

WTF???
    The world has gone mad I tell thee. Sounds like a few of us are disillusioned with poker ATM and need to refocus and/or take a break. I hope you reconsider David after maybe a few days/weeks away which hopefully will refresh you and you will come back to smash the tables up again.
    Are you sure you just don't need a week @ Burgundy fields mate???
    Take care dude......hope you don't feel too blue for long (not an Everton link btw).

Alan
  • edited February 2011
    have a break, refreash and refocus and come back fighting! phil
  • edited February 2011
    Jaeger if it is the swings that are getting too much then just lay off cash and play the 2.20/5.50/11 tournies to get your poker fix.  The schedule is pretty good now so theres usually a decent torunie about.

Mix in trying to sat into some big tournies too and you'll soon be on fire again.
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Dave,

Will be sorry to see you go if that reallly is the case.

Who's going to be my number 2 in the next TKO?!

I'm rather hoping though that you're just having a crisis of poker confidence, which happens to us all (me more than most!) and that one good result and you'll be loving your game again.

Fully respect your decision though. But even if you don't play again, please do drop by from time to time on the forum or the show to say hello!

Cheers for all your input

Rich :)
  • edited February 2011

Sigh Plopper

You are one of the nicest and fun people around here

Hope u think again. if you dont mind ill give you a call at some point i have your number innit...

• edited February 2011
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • edited February 2011
    Sorry to hear that Jaeger - sleep on it for a few days and all will seem better.

A few days off works wonders.
  • edited February 2011
    David, have you lost your mind?  I'm sure a month on the rig will sort your mind out, if it's a choice of coming back to FarmVille or Sky Poker, surely Sky Poker wins hands down?

Don't let doubt of your own ability stop you, it never stopped me or Alan.

If you want to phone for a chat anytime, please pick up the phone, you've got Irene's number still I assume?

Seriously, see you in 4-6 weeks at the tables and at SPT-Whatever we are both at next.

Aaron
  • edited February 2011
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This will NEVER do.. Not when you still owe me 5 Jaegerbombs!!

*SAD FACE*

No Goodbyes.. Just a see you later?? 
  • edited February 2011

chillax babe, for a wee bit, then see..

best regards

• edited February 2011
    As my dad would say...TTFN. The others have said it right. Take some time out, have a few in Del's bar, kick a couple of cats and come back refreshed. IF you don't come back then all the best for the future.
  • edited February 2011

For most of us, that's very sad news, Dave.

You have become a personal friend to me, & a good one, at that, & you'll be much missed by me.

Most "I'm leaving" Posts mean the opposite, but I think you, sadly will be the exception.

Whatever you do, be happy mate.

Sky Poker is a poorer place tonight.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Thanks and goodbye:
    For most of us, that's very sad news, Dave. You have become a personal friend to me, & a good one, at that, & you'll be much missed by me. Most "I'm leaving" Posts mean the opposite, but I think you, sad will be the exception. Whatever you do, be happy mate. Sky Poker is a poorer place tonight.
    Posted by tikay1
    I don't know you personally Dave, but you must be a gem of a bloke when you get so many Sky presenters bigging you up.............now that's worth a second thought at least..................you're extremely well thought of and the community will always need guys like you.....pls reconsider.........my regards Billy .
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Thanks and goodbye : I don't know you personally Dave, but you must be a gem of a bloke when you get so many Sky presenters bigging you up.............now that's worth a second thought at least..................you're extremely well thought of and the community will always need guys like you.....pls reconsider.........my regards Billy .
    Posted by billyboots
    True. I'm genuinely sad to see him leave. Top bloke, really genuine.

He paid - PAID, with his own money - for a "Friends Freeroll" last Christmas!

• edited February 2011
    Lets all have a group hug as there seems to be alot of negativity on here right now.

Like flash has said maybe drop down the levels where you can take the beats better.

• edited February 2011
    I don't really know what to say mate. You've always been a top bloke on here & always a laugh but whatever happens you're doing what you think is best for you.

It's not a nice place to be when you lose your confidence at the tables.

Take care mate & hopefully we'll see you back here sometime in the future

Jay
  • edited February 2011
    Dave - fb or pm me please and we'll chat through what's bugging u about poker. Ur too good a player to simply stop!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Thanks and goodbye : True. I'm genuinely sad to see him leave. Top bloke, really genuine. He paid - PAID, with his own money - for a "Friends Freeroll" last Christmas!
    Posted by tikay1
    I just hope he's back before his next freeroll, erm, I mean Birthday. ;-)
  • edited February 2011

Sorry to hear this Dave,

You are a Top Bloke, great guy to have around and the best skipper i have ever played under.

Hopefully a break will recharge your batteries.

As a few have said if you need a chat or anything even a round of golf sometime let me know

Hope to see you back Plopping on the tables soon if not good luck in whatever  you decide to do

All the best
    Dave

• edited February 2011
    Plop!! Sorry to hear this m8 but do what's best for you and I hope you come back when your ready - will miss you man!! Keep in touch through FB etc and hopefully if you don't come back and play, then come to the live events - will not be the same without you at the SPT - you more than anyone liven up those events and you would be missed more than anyone if you don't attend!!

Gl for now m8 and speak soon :) 
  • edited February 2011
    Very sad news. Dave, ultimately it's your decision, but imo you're far too good a player to give up and I hope in time that you return to poker. This site will definitely be worse without you. A gent away from the site too on the couple of occasions I have met you.

All the best in the future and hope to cross paths again. 

Rich
  • edited February 2011
    Dave

I will be really sorry if you do indeed go.  You're a top bloke and real fun on the forum as well as being a very good player.  No door should ever be closed Sir.  Take a break from poker or the site, we all need them from time to time.  Just remember that you can always come back in and pick up from where you left off.

Take care mate.
  • edited February 2011
    David, have you lost your mind?  I'm sure a month on the rig will sort your mind out, if it's a choice of coming back to FarmVille or Sky Poker, surely Sky Poker wins hands down? Don't let doubt of your own ability stop you, it never stopped me or Alan. If you want to phone for a chat anytime, please pick up the phone, you've got Irene's number still I assume? Seriously, see you in 4-6 weeks at the tables and at SPT-Whatever we are both at next. Aaron
    Posted by Machka
    Zuma Blitz Rulez Innit!...........lololololol.......

Dave, reading all the forum posts i certainly agree with the majority that if your not enjoying Poker then its best to take a long extended break away from the tables and also if your playing at the higher levels and your not winning then quite simply drop down the levels to a point where you are slaughtering the lower levels and then when it feels right for you, move up the levels again.

For me Poker is a confidence game, and if you feel good you will play well but if levels dip then stop playing and focus on other things that makes El Ploppyster happy! ;-)
  • edited February 2011
    Dave is a pivotal member of TeamKnightPlop and has the support of our mighty team as well as this great community.

TKP hug and all will be well

Dave
  • edited February 2011
    Dave,

Would be gutted if this is the case - top bloke, very friendly at the Sky Poker Tours and plays poker the right way: with a smile on his face. I'd always say give it a couple of weeks, go enjoy life without poker and then get back and see if it has helped any.

Either that or put a stinking bad beat on Maxally.

Either way, do stay in touch and I hope to see you back at the tables whenever seems right for you.

Good luck!
    Dave