You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Double your money... Halve your brain cells. Hoggers' TSP grind thread...

13»

Comments

• edited February 2011
    When does the league restart ?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Double your money... Halve your brain cells. Hoggers' TSP grind thread...:
    When does the league restart ?
    Posted by Salad_Face
    morning chubby face:)

it restarts on 1st April i think.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Double your money... Halve your brain cells. Hoggers' TSP grind thread...:
    flashflush the money you have in your poker account is not the same thing as your bankroll. I don't think a 70BI bankroll is conservative, I have over 100BI's in mine - when you're not playing with a high percentage of your roll at any one time you aren't afraid to try new things which will benefit your game. It will take time to adjust playing 100bbs deep and getting into difficult spots that you never have to deal with in mtt's/stt's, but as long as you have good BR management, discuss some of your hands with other cash players after sessions, post on forums etc. there isn't a reason why you can't be successful at it. gl
    Posted by yb
    Thank you for the advice Yb, much appreciated. The most important thing for me is to learn and apply myself to good BR management, as this is something i have never nailed before.

The thinking brain needed for cash is there (allegedly and hopefully!) as is lots of experience in sngs and mtts, so taking the step to grinding cash should not be as daunting as it first seems.( i have always historically avoided cash games for fear of being outplayed, but, ofc cash is the only way forward, just took me 3 years to realise it!!! i have played a bit of cash before but never studied it properly.

But, i must stay disciplined and play well within my BR. Something I have never managed before. (with the exception of the last two months playing lots and lots of sngs)

• edited February 2011
    Cheers GREGGS

Might put some serious effort in for it come April then. Having something like the league adds some motivation I guess.