You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tough spot. Call or fold?

2»

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Tough spot. Call or fold?:
    In Response to Re: Tough spot. Call or fold? : i just dont think that happens in this hand just by the way it played out but i understand what your saying
    Posted by N1CK
    I had this one hand when I was playing 4NL raised standard with AQ get FLAT call from blinds, flop comes QQ4 I bet 3/4 get call, then on turn a Jack bet 3/4 again, guy shoves on me, I snap it off obviously, he turns over AA. This hand is the reason I would never fold AK in that spot, people over value hands.
  • edited February 2011
    Yea but that's NL4, which is it's own game entirely. There's micro stakes (8-20) then NL4 is just a complete donkfest where people will shove anything. Even then, that hand is slightly different, since standard micro stakes players getting AA/KK will just donk their stack off every time blindly, so if you manage to set up or get two pair against them- dreamland. Not so much with a standard pair on the board, they'll probably call almost any bet with TPTK but don't go crazy raising. That's exclusive to 2 pair+ or AA/KK.

I could ofc be miles off here but that's my evaluation of micros when it comes to them raising- the closest you'll get to them 'bluffing' is overvaluing the overpair.