You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat
so some of you may have noticed i made a run at 10k points this month (sky priority club etc... ra ra ra) anyway done that then with 3 days left i was wooo....lets go for 12k!

anyway i got up to 11645 points, and just now my last session 'Started' in Feb but ended 40 odd mins in 'March' but your points dont register till u leave the tables :-( is there anyway i can use those points for Feb instead of March

as far as i know those extra 1645 points arent redeemable, cash for points works in 'steps' etc... dont it?

and the difference in step is £125 is is quite substantial for the sake of 40 odd minutes and 300 odd points outta 12k!

i had a chat with customer support , dude was helpful explained there were rules etc.. and he couldnt really do ought

so mayb Dave/Jordan/Rich can have a cheeky word *wink* *wink* perhaps sort something out

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs:
    so some of you may have noticed i made a run at 10k points this month (sky priority club etc... ra ra ra) anyway done that then with 3 days left i was wooo....lets go for 12k! anyway i got up to 11645 points, and just now my last session 'Started' in Feb but ended 40 odd mins in 'March' but your points dont register till u leave the tables :-( is there anyway i can use those points for Feb instead of March as far as i know those extra 1645 points arent redeemable, cash for points works in 'steps' etc... dont it? and the difference in step is £125 is is quite substantial for the sake of 40 odd minutes and 300 odd points outta 12k! i had a chat with customer support , dude was helpful explained there were rules etc.. and he couldnt really do ought so mayb Dave/Jordan/Rich can have a cheeky word *wink* *wink* perhaps sort something out
    Posted by sikas
    I know you may already be aware that you have to leave the table before midnight for those points to count in Febuary. But If you had left the table before midnight those extra 1645 points would have gone on to febuary's tally and would now be pretty much worthless - So looking on the bright side, at least you have now got a good start to your cash for points for March.
  • edited March 2011
    nah i had 11645, i only needed 365 more to reach 12k, so i started a session at about 10pm n finished at 00:40am or so, made those 345 points and some but obviously they count for march now...

So if i accrued 11645 points in Feb, and 10k of them are used for Cash 4 Points, 1645 of them would be carried over? i thought they were just lost...
  • edited March 2011
    People have suffered this before, including me, and haven't got anywhere.  I wouldn't expect any different here.
  • edited March 2011
    I ended up less than 100 points short of the next ladder,was planning to get em earlier but had to go out to help a mate who's car had broken down,gutted,the remainder of these points will now join the 30k plus i have sitting in my account.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs:
    nah i had 11645, i only needed 365 more to reach 12k, so i started a session at about 10pm n finished at 00:40am or so, made those 345 points and some but obviously they count for march now... So if i accrued 11645 points in Feb, and 10k of them are used for Cash 4 Points, 1645 of them would be carried over? i thought they were just lost...
    Posted by sikas
    Hi Sikas.
    Soz - I missunderstood. I thought u meant u had earned another 1645 points after the cut off.

Unfortunately as far as I understand it only the 10k points will count and the extra 1645 u earned in feb are now pretty much useless - unless u like a good freeroll lol.
  • edited March 2011
    i made 6591 poker points this month

i reckon this should be rounded up to 40k imo

2k bonus and priority club innit. not holding my breath tho lol
  • edited March 2011
    i made 6591 poker points this month i reckon this should be rounded up to 40k imo 2k bonus and priority club innit. not holding my breath tho lol
    Posted by GREGHOGG

LOL

wp sir
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs:
    so some of you may have noticed i made a run at 10k points this month (sky priority club etc... ra ra ra) anyway done that then with 3 days left i was wooo....lets go for 12k! anyway i got up to 11645 points, and just now my last session 'Started' in Feb but ended 40 odd mins in 'March' but your points dont register till u leave the tables :-( is there anyway i can use those points for Feb instead of March as far as i know those extra 1645 points arent redeemable, cash for points works in 'steps' etc... dont it? and the difference in step is £125 is is quite substantial for the sake of 40 odd minutes and 300 odd points outta 12k! i had a chat with customer support , dude was helpful explained there were rules etc.. and he couldnt really do ought so mayb Dave/Jordan/Rich can have a cheeky word *wink* *wink* perhaps sort something out
    Posted by sikas
    Morning sikas,

When you say "FAO Sky Mods", this is a mistake many Community members make.

The Mods moderate the Forum - they have nothing to do with Management Decisions as to running the Cardroom. With folks such as Jordan, Lee, & Blandy, there is some crossover, but they don't make business decisions as to the Card Room. The Community is a seperate entity entirely.

Sol the Mods cannot help with these matters, sorry.

What I can tell you is that, in the magical way these things seem to happen, the Management of the Cardroom ARE aware of this thread, & if they see fit, they WILL contact you in due course.

Once again, many congrats on that splendid effort in February.

So, as my old Boss used to say, after I thought I'd achieved something meritworthy, "so, Mr K, what is your NEXT Target"?.....

Target for March, then?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : Morning sikas, When you say "FAO Sky Mods", this is a mistake many Community members make. The Mods moderate the Forum - they have nothing to do with Management Decisions as to running the Cardroom. With folks such as Jordan, Lee, & Blandy, there is some crossover, but they don't make business decisions as to the Card Room. The Community is a seperate entity entirely. Sol the Mods cannot help with these matters, sorry. What I can tell you is that, in the magical way these things seem to happen, the Management of the Cardroom ARE aware of this thread, & if they see fit, they WILL contact you in due course. Once again, many congrats on that splendid effort in February. So, as my old Boss used to say, after I thought I'd achieved something meritworthy, "so, Mr K, what is your NEXT Target"?..... Target for March, then?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay how did you post the above when the site was down??
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : Morning sikas, When you say "FAO Sky Mods", this is a mistake many Community members make. The Mods moderate the Forum - they have nothing to do with Management Decisions as to running the Cardroom. With folks such as Jordan, Lee, & Blandy, there is some crossover, but they don't make business decisions as to the Card Room. The Community is a seperate entity entirely. Sol the Mods cannot help with these matters, sorry. What I can tell you is that, in the magical way these things seem to happen, the Management of the Cardroom ARE aware of this thread, & if they see fit, they WILL contact you in due course. Once again, many congrats on that splendid effort in February. So, as my old Boss used to say, after I thought I'd achieved something meritworthy, "so, Mr K, what is your NEXT Target"?..... Target for March, then?
    Posted by Tikay10

Target for March...well im gonna aim for 12k again, mayb...16k points but id have to be a true degen at NL50 to hit that ...pee bottles etc... hehe

itd be nice to have a good run and be in a position next month to start taking shots at nl100

• edited March 2011

I was going to start a new thread about cash for points, but as the crux of this thread is similar I will carry on here.

The system does seem rather unfair in that points accumulated between thresholds are lost rather than carried forward to the next month. Take the hypothetical example of two players who play the same game, one accumulates 3900(player a) points over the month the other accumulates 3000 (player b) points. So what sky are saying is that despite the fact that player a has played not far off 25% more games and paid 25% more rake, he is being treated in the same way as player b. That to me just seems fundamentally wrong.

Certainly on one other major site, in which high rollers can exchange their points for goodies such as BMWs for example, this situation does not occur. Its a case of exchanging points for prizes or cash once a threshold has been reached, rather than a set point in time.

• edited March 2011
    I was going to start a new thread about cash for points, but as the crux of this thread is similar I will carry on here.   The system does seem rather unfair in that points accumulated between thresholds are lost rather than carried forward to the next month. Take the hypothetical example of two players who play the same game, one accumulates 3900(player a) points over the month the other accumulates 3000 (player b) points. So what sky are saying is that despite the fact that player a has played not far off 25% more games and paid 25% more rake, he is being treated in the same way as player b. That to me just seems fundamentally wrong. Certainly on one other major site, in which high rollers can exchange their points for goodies such as BMWs for example, this situation does not occur. Its a case of exchanging points for prizes or cash once a threshold has been reached, rather than a set point in time.
    Posted by ACEGOONER

+1
  • edited March 2011
    I've had this before and got nowhere.  I've also, as have MANY others offered suggestions on how the system could be improved.  It's much better than it was but still needs some attention.

What's currently happening is akin to working in a factory but only getting paid for every 5th hour.... so 40 hrs you get 40 hrs paid but 44 hrs you get 40 hrs paid.  Hold on a minute...... you mean to tell me i just worked the last 4 hours for free?  Yup!  How can that be fair?   Read your contract!

The only way to get your points before the final hour is to close all of your tables which is absolutely nonsense if you're 9 tabling and have spent the last 2 hours table selecting, creating a dynamic, setting up fish, etc etc etc.  Absolutely crazy!  So why can't points be updated live, as they happen?  Can't be that difficult can it?  Even if they're only updated on a table by table basis.  Either that or somehow let people manage in which month they'd like their points to go so they don't have to end all their games at 23:45 hrs.

The steps are also still ridic.  Like the factory analogy above why should we grind points and earn rake for Sky and then be told 'the last 3500 points you earnt are worthless!'  Why can't any overlap be carried on to the next month?  Seriously could someone please answer that?  We've earnt those points!  This is only really relevant to the guys paying the most rake and playing the most hands.......  the smaller rakers get the luxury of much smaller steps than 4000 points at a time.  Seriously, it stinks.

There are solutions to the current problems that could be easily addressed or at least responded to.  Yes i know there's an extra 25% for />10k points but in some circumstances this is as good as wiped out by the loss of points.

Also...... breath........ i'd be much more willing to grind for longer at the end of the month if i knew all of my hard earned points would be used instead of being flushed down the Sky loo.  No point in grinding tables for points if i've got to earn 3900 points in the next 2 days in order see any bonus from them.  May as well have some time off..... which is exactly what i did this month.

Crazy
  • edited March 2011
    I've had this before and got nowhere.  I've also, as have MANY others offered suggestions on how the system could be improved.  It's much better than it was but still needs some attention. What's currently happening is akin to working in a factory but only getting paid for every 5th hour.... so 40 hrs you get 40 hrs paid but 44 hrs you get 40 hrs paid.  Hold on a minute...... you mean to tell me i just worked the last 4 hours for free?  Yup!  How can that be fair?   Read your contract! The only way to get your points before the final hour is to close all of your tables which is absolutely nonsense if you're 9 tabling and have spent the last 2 hours table selecting, creating a dynamic, setting up fish, etc etc etc.  Absolutely crazy!  So why can't points be updated live, as they happen?  Can't be that difficult can it?  Even if they're only updated on a table by table basis.  Either that or somehow let people manage in which month they'd like their points to go so they don't have to end all their games at 23:45 hrs. The steps are also still ridic.  Like the factory analogy above why should we grind points and earn rake for Sky and then be told 'the last 3500 points you earnt are worthless!'  Why can't any overlap be carried on to the next month?  Seriously could someone please answer that?  We've earnt those points!  This is only really relevant to the guys paying the most rake and playing the most hands.......  the smaller rakers get the luxury of much smaller steps than 4000 points at a time.  Seriously, it stinks. There are solutions to the current problems that could be easily addressed or at least responded to.  Yes i know there's an extra 25% for />10k points but in some circumstances this is as good as wiped out by the loss of points. Also...... breath........ i'd be much more willing to grind for longer at the end of the month if i knew all of my hard earned points would be used instead of being flushed down the Sky loo.  No point in grinding tables for points if i've got to earn 3900 points in the next 2 days in order see any bonus from them.  May as well have some time off..... which is exactly what i did this month. Crazy
    Posted by cottlad

+100000000

• edited March 2011

Fine Post by Cotty, & kinda hard to argue with his logic. However, I may be wrong here, (don't shoot me if I am!), but as far as I'm aware, his "surplus" points for that SESSION count towards his March total, so they are not exactly "lost".

Because I've exchanged e-mails with them upstairs about it this morning, I do know they are fully aware of the Thread.

Hopefully, they, or I, will come back with comment, & maybe justification for the current methodology, or maybe even positive changes. 

Good stuff Cotty.

PS - Good effort on Sunday night - do better next time!
  • edited March 2011
         PS - Good effort on Sunday night - do better next time!
    Posted by Tikay10
    OK ;)
  • edited March 2011

On the subject, i've just played for the 1st time since yesterday evening before midnight.  I've played about an hour of single table nl£100.  I somehow have 53 points?  Not sure how this is possible?

• edited March 2011
    I've had this before and got nowhere.  I've also, as have MANY others offered suggestions on how the system could be improved.  It's much better than it was but still needs some attention. What's currently happening is akin to working in a factory but only getting paid for every 5th hour.... so 40 hrs you get 40 hrs paid but 44 hrs you get 40 hrs paid.  Hold on a minute...... you mean to tell me i just worked the last 4 hours for free?  Yup!  How can that be fair?   Read your contract! The only way to get your points before the final hour is to close all of your tables which is absolutely nonsense if you're 9 tabling and have spent the last 2 hours table selecting, creating a dynamic, setting up fish, etc etc etc.  Absolutely crazy!  So why can't points be updated live, as they happen?  Can't be that difficult can it?  Even if they're only updated on a table by table basis.  Either that or somehow let people manage in which month they'd like their points to go so they don't have to end all their games at 23:45 hrs. The steps are also still ridic.  Like the factory analogy above why should we grind points and earn rake for Sky and then be told 'the last 3500 points you earnt are worthless!'  Why can't any overlap be carried on to the next month?  Seriously could someone please answer that?  We've earnt those points!  This is only really relevant to the guys paying the most rake and playing the most hands.......  the smaller rakers get the luxury of much smaller steps than 4000 points at a time.  Seriously, it stinks. There are solutions to the current problems that could be easily addressed or at least responded to.  Yes i know there's an extra 25% for />10k points but in some circumstances this is as good as wiped out by the loss of points. Also...... breath........ i'd be much more willing to grind for longer at the end of the month if i knew all of my hard earned points would be used instead of being flushed down the Sky loo.  No point in grinding tables for points if i've got to earn 3900 points in the next 2 days in order see any bonus from them.  May as well have some time off..... which is exactly what i did this month. Crazy
    Posted by cottlad
    I had quite a quiet Feb in terms of earning points, I was 9 tabling but only playing for an hour a day so come the end of the month it was a bit of a push to get to 10k. I put the hours in to do it then yesterday (28th) I was on 9,900 so I only played for about 40 minutes just to make the 10k mark.

Apart from the obvious of actually playing more to win more, the incentives of points carrying over is just lost or I would of carried on, and when I leave tables as I'm playing so many quite often the tables break and the rake stops for Sky.

Skypoker have obviously worked out the rake system so they still make a large amount themselves, so by carrying over the points its not like Skypoker will be losing money, they will just be paying out a bit more in bonus' but in return there will be a lot more play, so surely its win/win?
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by cottlad
    It kind of works for and against sky. Because there will be some people, who are not far off the next bonus level and they push themselves extra hard to get to it, so they get a bigger bonus. And there will be other people, like you and I, that wont attempt to play anymore when we know we cant reach the next level. I think there are more people who are pushing for the next points level, then not.

The whole point in the points system is to push people to play more. So why would sky make it easy for people to not play/not push themselves to reach higher levels?
  • edited March 2011
    Fine Post by Cotty, & kinda hard to argue with his logic. However, I may be wrong here, (don't shoot me if I am!), but as far as I'm aware, his "surplus" points for that SESSION count towards his March total, so they are not exactly "lost". Because I've exchanged e-mails with them upstairs about it this morning, I do know they are fully aware of the Thread. Hopefully, they, or I, will come back with comment, & maybe justification for the current methodology, or maybe even positive changes.  Good stuff Cotty. PS - Good effort on Sunday night - do better next time!
    Posted by Tikay10

I may be missing the thrust of this thread and certainly Tikay what you say is correct, however, there are points lost that are in excess of each points threshold that you dont lose on other sites because its redeem as you go, so to speak.

For example i had 3700 points last month, 3000 where used for a £50 bonus 700 where lost. In my opinion this isnt very fair and as I said you dont lose points on other sites.

There is no doubt sky is the premier uk poker site (largely thanks to the tv shows) and player traffic is much better than it was a few years back, but the management need to look at the structure of their loyalty scheme to keep its existing players and attract new ones.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : It kind of works for and against sky. Because there will be some people, who are not far off the next bonus level and they push themselves extra hard to get to it, so they get a bigger bonus. And there will be other people, like you and I, that wont attempt to play anymore when we know we cant reach the next level. I think there are more people who are pushing for the next points level, then not. The whole point in the points system is to push people to play more. So why would sky make it easy for people to not play/not push themselves to reach higher levels?
    Posted by 5toneFace
    Well personally I wouldnt play more, I would use another site where I play what I want to and obtain loyalty points rather than nothing at all because the next threshold on sky requires me to bust a gut. 

Poker sites are not like football teams in terms of loyalty.  
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : It kind of works for and against sky. Because there will be some people, who are not far off the next bonus level and they push themselves extra hard to get to it, so they get a bigger bonus. And there will be other people, like you and I, that wont attempt to play anymore when we know we cant reach the next level. I think there are more people who are pushing for the next points level, then not. The whole point in the points system is to push people to play more. So why would sky make it easy for people to not play/not push themselves to reach higher levels?
    Posted by 5toneFace
    If there wasn't a massive jump between bonuses surely EVERYONE would then be motivated to play as much as possible and earn themselves as much as they could?  Pretty gobsmacked yr arguing Skys point here when it negatively affects all us players :/
  • edited March 2011
    meh i dunno what the fuss is about, i was 4 points short of 40k mark so i 1 tabled nl300 and stacked a reg
    ez game
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : I may be missing the thrust of this thread and certainly Tikay what you say is correct, however, there are points lost that are in excess of each points threshold that you dont lose on other sites because its redeem as you go, so to speak. For example i had 3700 points last month, 3000 where used for a £50 bonus 700 where lost. In my opinion this isnt very fair and as I said you dont lose points on other sites. There is no doubt sky is the premier uk poker site (largely thanks to the tv shows) and player traffic is much better than it was a few years back, but the management need to look at the structure of their loyalty scheme to keep its existing players and attract new ones.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Yes Mr Gooner,

I'm not doubting that, my line is just, really, it's been taken upstairs, & the arguments made on the thread seem to stack up. I don't know what (if any) the arguments against are.

In truth - confession time - I'm "not across" the CFP at all, it's not something I've studied, or even looked at. But the proposals on the thread, at first sight, all seem reasonable, from where I stand, anyway.

Now, shall we discuss Sunday, at Wembley?
  • edited March 2011
    i made 6591 poker points this month i reckon this should be rounded up to 40k imo 2k bonus and priority club innit. not holding my breath tho lol
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    If this is true and your mainly playing £3 dym, that means your playing 70 dym per day.

Do you not do anything else?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : If there wasn't a massive jump between bonuses surely EVERYONE would then be motivated to play as much as possible and earn themselves as much as they could?  Pretty gobsmacked yr arguing Skys point here when it negatively affects all us players :/
    Posted by cottlad
    I wasnt arguing for sky, I'm very much with you. I'm happy to get as much money out of sky as possible. I was just explaing from a business point of view, as that is what they are.

Also is 4k really that much of a jump?? I can get that in 8-10 hours probably, so 2 days easily. And most of the people who get over 12k (where the 4k jumps start), will be players who play a lot anyway.

But anyway Sky, do what cottlad said, more money for me!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : Yes Mr Gooner,   I'm not doubting that, my line is just, really, it's been taken upstairs, & the arguments made on the thread seem to stack up. I don't know what (if any) the arguments against are. In truth - confession time - I'm "not across" the CFP at all, it's not something I've studied, or even looked at. But the proposals on the thread, at first sight, all seem reasonable, from where I stand, anyway. Now, shall we discuss Sunday, at Wembley?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Please do. I was there in the Birmingham end as a Spurs fan :-) Amazing day!!

6 MORE YEARS! 6 MORE YEARS!!!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : Please do. I was there in the Birmingham end as a Spurs fan :-) Amazing day!! 6 MORE YEARS! 6 MORE YEARS!!!
    Posted by 5toneFace
    Its quite sad a spurs fan supporting another team against arsenal in a cup final. I suppose its the only chance you'll be at wembley this season.......
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : Its quite sad a spurs fan supporting another team against arsenal in a cup final. I suppose its the only chance you'll be at wembley this season.......
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Yeah and will win the same as Arsenal..................NOTHING!!!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : Yeah and will win the same as Arsenal..................NOTHING!!!
    Posted by 5toneFace
    Champions League for us innit! wemberlee here we come.

Oh and on the C4P thing i agree that surpless points should be carried over to the next month. So if you make 11k points, and therefore the bonus for 10k, that that 1K carries forward to the next month and doesnt just disappear.

AND the idea of a running total somewhere in the corner of each table is good imo too.