You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs

2»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs:
    In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : If this is true and your mainly playing £3 dym, that means your playing 70 dym per day. Do you not do anything else?
    Posted by achill

It is true and, i played mainly 5.50 dyms, also mtts and a small amount of cash in Feb.

I also play up to 7 tables at the same time. And yes im a recreational player with a normal 9-5 office job.

a typical dym session lasts 4 hours and i play roughly 30-45 games. So that would be 200 ish poker points.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : Champions League for us innit! wemberlee here we come. Oh and on the C4P thing i agree that surpless points should be carried over to the next month. So if you make 11k points, and therefore the bonus for 10k, that that 1K carries forward to the next month and doesnt just disappear. AND the idea of a running total somewhere in the corner of each table is good imo too.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Na Arsenal are gonna do the quadruple...................oh wait......wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!
  • edited March 2011

Far be it for me to take Sky's side on this, but IMO the cash for points system is fine. At the end of the day if you're in this to get the points, understanding the rules is a basic requirement isn't it. Sky have already amended this system once to reduce the breaks in points/pay outs and after introducing the priority club and a 25% bonus for those who qualify its appears churlish to moan about lost points.

If players are not playing because they only break even and need the points incentive to play then that's their issue, not sky's.

• edited March 2011
    Far be it for me to take Sky's side on this, but IMO the cash for points system is fine. At the end of the day if you're in this to get the points, understanding the rules is a basic requirement isn't it. Sky have already amended this system once to reduce the breaks in points/pay outs and after introducing the priority club and a 25% bonus for those who qualify its appears churlish to moan about lost points. If players are not playing because they only break even and need the points incentive to play then that's their issue, not sky's.
    Posted by stien
    you just have to be different dont u:)
  • edited March 2011
    Far be it for me to take Sky's side on this, but IMO the cash for points system is fine. At the end of the day if you're in this to get the points, understanding the rules is a basic requirement isn't it. Sky have already amended this system once to reduce the breaks in points/pay outs and after introducing the priority club and a 25% bonus for those who qualify its appears churlish to moan about lost points. If players are not playing because they only break even and need the points incentive to play then that's their issue, not sky's.
    Posted by stien
    Got to hand it to you stein ,
    you say it straight no bull ,
    its peeps like you that should be applauded .

• edited March 2011
    You not got laid yet?  Seriously you really have some issues.  Are you really arguing against a fairer rakeback/bonus system for the players of which you are one? 
    Imbecile!
    If you want to talk about anything that's bothering you in your life that's making you such an angry fellow i'd be glad to listen.  It's trolls like you that trully make me happy with my lot :)
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : Champions League for us innit! wemberlee here we come. Oh and on the C4P thing i agree that surpless points should be carried over to the next month. So if you make 11k points, and therefore the bonus for 10k, that that 1K carries forward to the next month and doesnt just disappear. AND the idea of a running total somewhere in the corner of each table is good imo too.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    +1
  • edited March 2011
    You not got laid yet?  Seriously you really have some issues.  Are you really arguing against a fairer rakeback/bonus system for the players of which you are one?  Imbecile! If you want to talk about anything that's bothering you in your life that's making you such an angry fellow i'd be glad to listen.  It's trolls like you that trully make me happy with my lot :)
    Posted by cottlad

+1

seriously...are u smoking crack?

any points that are not used should defo be carried over... what hoggman said
  • edited March 2011
    You not got laid yet?  Seriously you really have some issues.  Are you really arguing against a fairer rakeback/bonus system for the players of which you are one?  Imbecile! If you want to talk about anything that's bothering you in your life that's making you such an angry fellow i'd be glad to listen.  It's trolls like you that trully make me happy with my lot :)
    Posted by cottlad

Cottlad,

Big gaps, 1,000 point gap to 10k then 2k to 12k and 4 k after that, not that wide are they.

Sky gave everyone this cash for points rake back deal and in both our cases it came after we joined the site, we didn't ask for it, it was given to us. Try getting rakeback at FT after registering without it, that's not straight forward. At PS and I've played there you get points not cash, how many t shirts and hats do I need, sure you can enter tourneys with them but I'd rather have the cash thanks.

Come on I was sat at home watching TV and Sky rang to inform me that I was now in their new priority club giving me an extra 25% bonus on all my rakeback if I stayed above 10k, like I was ever going to drop under (again their idea, I didn't ask for it) and you expect me to back you moaning about a few points you may have left over at the end of the month, get real. It strikes me the more you get, the more you want and people say I'm never happy.

In short I'm not backing your argument because I think Sky have given us an excellent rake back deal not because I have an issue with you, is that clear now.

As for issues, you and I got on fine until I made one admittedly shocking call v you whilst tilting and hit my flush on the river, since that hand you've been on my case none stop, no worries I'm a big boy and can take it, but maybe it's you that needs a gf fella.

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : Got to hand it to you stein , you say it straight no bull , its peeps like you that should be applauded .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    +1

Can i just clarify then Cottlad, this thread was set up purely for those who agree with you then? Seems like whenever certain people come on here with opinions that differ from yours they're accused of trolling. Given the nature of some of your comments on here it seems to me like you're the one trolling on your own thread. Hilarious!
  • edited March 2011
        In Response to Re: Feb cash 4 points, FAO sky MODs : +1 Can i just clarify then Cottlad, this thread was set up purely for those who agree with you then? Seems like whenever certain people come on here with opinions that differ from yours they're accused of trolling. Given the nature of some of your comments on here it seems to me like you're the one trolling on your own thread. Hilarious!
    Posted by suedehead7   
    Um..... i never started this thread. 
    Whenever certain people.....???........  1 person/troll has said they would prefer a worse deal than the one i and every other reg so far is suggesting.

This is getting hilarious!  Sky players actively looking to ensure they get less money for playing on a site.
    What next?  An email to full tilt asking them to revoke any rakeback?  A letter to the boss begging him to cancel your pay increase because you think you earn enough..... even though you know what you earn is less than the industry norm?

And stein........ i have absolutely no idea what your on about with that bad flush hand?  You seriously think i follow you around a forum because of 1 bad beat?  lmao.... get you hahahaha.  I have always thought you were a sad troll.  You prove it in every thread you contribute to.  I've never seen a post by you that actively agrees with the thread content or one that really has nice words to say about anything or anyone...... unless it's disagreeing with with the majority.  Every forum has a troll so that's OK.... it's just normally they do it with a little humour or tongue in cheek.  You do it with nastiness and mallice in mind.
  • edited March 2011

I have made my point and explained it. Who do you think you are, some jumped up self appointed union rep fighting hard for us poor exploited poker players. This issue has become your hobby horse, you've been banging on about it for god knows how long, at every opportunity you get. I'm happy with the system if your not do one, there are plenty of sites out there to choose from, its not like you've not left before.

"nastiness and malice" You jumped on 5toneFace simply because he dared to point out what maybe Sky's position and it turns out he was on your side.

Then in reply to my point of view you posted "You not got laid yet? Seriously you really have some issues." Troll me, look at yourself.

How dare I disagree with you, how dare I point out the fact Sky gave me rakeback without me asking for it, how dare I point out that Sky also gave me a 25% bonus again without me asking for it. How dare I have an alternative point of view.

This forum ain't the USSR and your opinion is only your opinion, you may have posters on here who agree with you but who would come on here and disagree when you come the big union bully when you don't like what you hear.

• edited March 2011
    The conversation in here has been getting a little on the hot side. Can all sides of the discussion make sure it doesn't get personal.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • edited March 2011
    Union rep?  USSR?  seriously man what are you talking about.  I just added to a thread that i agreed with.  The fact we earn thousands of points above a threshold that are worthless is in my opinion a little unfair.  It's unfair to you just as it's unfair to everyone else.  to earn 4000 points playing 25p/50p or even 50p/£1 takes a lot of hard work.  It takes hours of multitabling. 
    Yes the system at the moment is a lot better than it was..... if you dig a little you may find i had something to do with that change that you're so content with. All i'm doing is trying to make things even fairer...... i've not got a take take take attitude and i know Sky has no obligation to do as i say.  I'm just pointing out that earning 12000 points with 2-3 days to go can dissuade some from playing as they know they can't make the next threshold......  for me it's in SKYS interests to lower the thresholds and enable players to play as much as they can and get paid for doing so.  And it's in OUR interests and much fairer that the thresholds are lowered so that people don't earn 3k extra points or whatever by multi tabling 8 tables for 15 hours or more only to have all their points flushed down the loo and be worthless.  It's called cash for points, not cash for some of your points.

If you had reason to join this thread disagreeing, as you do every thread you join or start, then i could listen to yr argument with reason..... As per normal however, you are just trying to disagree for disagreeings sake even if it means YOU are worse off financially for doing so.  Crazy :/  and imo very stupid!  I'm struggling to even come up with a reason (other than you being a compulsive troll) for why you wouldn't want the change?  Maybe you could enlighten me?
  • edited March 2011
    i would like to see a new level between 1k and 2k, 3mnths in a row i have had between 1.6 and 1.9k!!!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    I would like to see the Premier Club threshold reduced to 1000 points, then I'd be in it ;o)