You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters

edited March 2011 in Poker Chat

Bounty Hunters are incredibly popular on Sky Poker, deep analysis of player stats have proven this conclusively.

It is now possible to have Rebuy Bounty Hunters, & these will start being added to the Tournament Schedule over the next few days. If they prove popular, more & a wider variety will be added. If they don't, they won't......

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Should be fun!

10% rake please, these are unlikely to work if it's 15% on buy-in and rebuys.
  • edited March 2011
    lol--- so speed turbo bounty hunter rebuy satellites are just around the corner-- brilliant--- where's Maxally?
  • edited March 2011
    Moral of story = better value to play £25 freeze out BH than £2.30 rebuy (which will end up costing you the same).
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters:
    lol--- so speed turbo bounty hunter rebuy satellites are just around the corner-- brilliant--- where's Maxally?
    Posted by oynutter

No Comment*. Being ignored by Sky Poker as it is so no point in saying anything TBH. 

Deep stacks might be next! 

*apart from...the popularity of B/H's may have something to do with the increase in all the other rebuy tournaments.
  • edited March 2011
    Should be fun! 10% rake please, these are unlikely to work if it's 15% on buy-in and rebuys.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    +1
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters : No Comment*. Being ignored by Sky Poker as it is so no point in saying anything TBH.  Deep stacks might be next!  *apart from...the popularity of B/H's may have something to do with the increase in all the other rebuy tournaments.
    Posted by MAXALLY
     Hi Max, I think the popularity of bounty hunters may have something to do with the fact that they are often the only flopwit tournament availiable in the fluppin lobby!  innit!
  • edited March 2011
    Should be fun! 10% rake please, these are unlikely to work if it's 15% on buy-in and rebuys.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    +1

there is no good reason to take 15%

• edited March 2011

lol @ this1.

From the sublime to the ridiculous.

At least if you manage to min cash in a BH now you should get enough back to cover your buy in (singular)
  • edited March 2011

snowball tornaments were good fun

• edited March 2011
    they are the worst value tournaments I have ever seen on any site ever-- flopwit stupid imo
  • edited March 2011
    nice these sound like fun :)

like lots have said, can you look at putting the rake on the lower level BHs to 10pc, in line with every poker room.

I'm making a run for the top spot of the TSP MTT league during the last couple of weeks, and I really really hate playing the 5.75BHs cos of the totally ridiculous rake.  it just doesn't make sense at all.  if your gonna charge 15pc on low level BHs, then surely charge 15pc on all other tournies too?
  • edited March 2011
    The order of the B/H player list has gone totaly random(numbers on the left). Any reason for this?

Dylansdad91700 neil4safc1660 NickyR1615 Elwoodblue1520 NoFinAce1355 barfoot121290 dappadon1270 GaryQQQ1145 baldysteve1140 0319801085 Oldrag935 Lizthebiz720 FILIPSEBO4562tornadofoz059steviepick050spam600065scott_kat063rodwell049pumpkin23052poole10055igiorni053diamoangel064chipcrushe054aussie09058StayOrGo057Smiler01061P_Apples056POKOMAINIA066KEVMAC10060FloppyJo20051FLORIDA0
  • edited March 2011
    Click sort i looked at lobby earlier and was the same, no offence i wont be playing these defo not my cup of tea but im sure some gamblers will love em
  • edited March 2011
    The order of the B/H player list has gone totaly random(numbers on the left). Any reason for this?     Dylansdad9 1700   neil4safc 1660   NickyR 1615   Elwoodblue 1520   NoFinAce 1355   barfoot12 1290   dappadon 1270   GaryQQQ 1145   baldysteve 1140   031980 1085   Oldrag 935   Lizthebiz 720   FILIPSEBO 45 62 tornadofoz 0 59 steviepick 0 50 spam600 0 65 scott_kat 0 63 rodwell 0 49 pumpkin23 0 52 poole10 0 55 igiorni 0 53 diamoangel 0 64 chipcrushe 0 54 aussie09 0 58 StayOrGo 0 57 Smiler01 0 61 P_Apples 0 56 POKOMAINIA 0 66 KEVMAC10 0 60 FloppyJo20 0 51 FLORIDA 0
    Posted by SolidStan1
    Just click "Sort".

I expect the software changes have messed with your pre-set default settings. 

• edited March 2011
    I already clicked sort.. (in order of chip count)
    If I click sort, to the placement number, the chip count goes random.
    It used to be sorted in order of chip count and placement at the same time.
    Hope this can get sorted.. (its the same with BH and Freeze out)
  • edited March 2011
    I already clicked sort.. (in order of chip count) If I click sort, to the placement number, the chip count goes random. It used to be sorted in order of chip count and placement at the same time. Hope this can get sorted..
    Posted by SolidStan1
    I can't get that to happen for me - if I click "RANK", it sorts correctly, or at least, it does for me.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters : I can't get that to happen for me - if I click "RANK", it sorts correctly, or at least, it does for me.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I just restarted sky poker, and its still the same.
    If I click "RANK", rank sorts in order, but the chip count goes random.
    If I click "CHIPS" the rank goes random.
    It used to be in order of both at the same time.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters : I just restarted sky poker, and its still the same. If I click "RANK", rank sorts in order, but the chip count goes random. If I click "CHIPS" the rank goes random. It used to be in order of both at the same time.
    Posted by SolidStan1
    Same here, can't find a way to fix it.
  • edited March 2011

OK guys, I can't explain that, I have no explanation, & it's fine for me.

Adam has had a hectic 24 hours, with all the overnight changes & stuff, & so is not currently available, but I'll send this Thread to him, & he'll comment in due course.

Hopefully, you'll be able to live with it for 24 hours.

Apologies.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters : I just restarted sky poker, and its still the same. If I click "RANK", rank sorts in order, but the chip count goes random. If I click "CHIPS" the rank goes random. It used to be in order of both at the same time.
    Posted by SolidStan1
    +1
  • edited March 2011
    All very interesting lads, but what's it got to do with speed turbo bounty hunter rebuy satellites?

post in technical queries
  • edited March 2011
    All very interesting lads, but what's it got to do with speed turbo bounty hunter rebuy satellites? post in technical queries
    Posted by oynutter

+ 1
  • edited March 2011
    All very interesting lads, but what's it got to do with speed turbo bounty hunter rebuy satellites? post in technical queries
    Posted by oynutter
     its got more todo with the title "Cardroom Changes"
    but, yes, the way the thread has gone it should be in technical queries. But, nothing i can do about that now.

It was'nt supposed to be a technical querie, just an observation.
  • edited March 2011
    Quick question, when you rebuy in a BH game, what happens to the rebuy money, does in go into the prize pool, get added to your head bounty or is it split between the two like the original buyin?
  • edited March 2011
    Quick question, when you rebuy in a BH game, what happens to the rebuy money, does in go into the prize pool, get added to your head bounty or is it split between the two like the original buyin?
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Hi Steve,

It will work in the same way as your initial buy in split 50/50. So lets say it's a £10 + £1 Rebuy BH (2k chips), when you rebuy:

2000 chips will be added to your stack
    £5 will add to your head value
    £5 will add to the cash prize pool*

Add ons may be available which will work in the same way, but adding 3000 chips.

The rebuy chip threshold may be 0, i.e. you can only rebuy when you are knocked out, or it may be when you dip below your starting stack as per current rebuy events. Some will have unlimited rebuys, where as others will be restricted to just 1 or 2 rebuys when you are reduced to 0 chips (dbl chance/triple chance)

The rules will be clearly displayed in the tournament lobby.

* If it's a guaranteed rebuy BH which has overlayed from it's initial buy-ins then this contribution will not be added to the prizepool until the guarantee is met.

As TK advised, these will start appearing in the tournament schedule this week,

Kind Regards

Adam
  • edited March 2011

The Lobby "sort" problem reported by SolidStan & others, earlier.

Adam has now sent me a note about it.

They have managed to replicate the bug, & you are correct, it needs a little "fix" to rectify it.

Not sure when it will be sorted (oops....), but hopefully, pretty quickly.

Apologies, & I hope it does not spoil the game too much in the interim.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters:
    Bounty Hunters are incredibly popular on Sky Poker, deep analysis of player stats have proven this conclusively. It is now possible to have Rebuy Bounty Hunters, & these will start being added to the Tournament Schedule over the next few days. If they prove popular, more & a wider variety will be added. If they don't, they won't......
    Posted by Tikay10
    The problem with this is that in a few weeks all the bh freezeouts that are so popular at the moment will be changed into rebuys,i.e. like velocity etc.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters : The problem with this is that in a few weeks all the bh freezeouts that are so popular at the moment will be changed into rebuys,i.e. like velocity etc.
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Hi Mr M,

Possibly, possibly not - it depends upon demand. If nobody plays Rebuy Bounty Hunters, then Sky Poker would be pretty daft to persist with them. If there is shown to be a demand, then they will.

No Room is going to offer a Product that nobody wants, & if the demand is there, then they'll offer them.

You not in Luton on Saturday, I see - try & make Leeds, OK?
  • edited March 2011
    these are gonna absolute carnage! lol

just hope they run along side the existing bounty hunters and dont overtake them and the normal ones become redundant
  • edited March 2011
    I just hope that while Sky are testing the waters with turbo rebuy bounty hunters we dont lose any of our better tournaments.

On the equally important subject of player lists in lobbies: Before the start of a tournament they used to be listed in alphabetical order. Now if their name begins with an upper case letter they are listed alphabetically followed by the bulk of the lower case in random order. This applies whether viewed by chips or rank. It makes it difficult looking to see if a particular player is entered.

Another unforeseen change today: If I have the forum open when a game starts, the table is opened twice, once by the download and again by the browser. I had 4 tournaments and SNGs opening together and had tables everywhere
    !