You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters

2»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters:
    I just hope that while Sky are testing the waters with turbo rebuy bounty hunters we dont lose any of our better tournaments . On the equally important subject of player lists in lobbies : Before the start of a tournament they used to be listed in alphabetical order. Now if their name begins with an upper case letter they are listed alphabetically followed by the bulk of the lower case in random order. This applies whether viewed by chips or rank. It makes it difficult looking to see if a particular player is entered. Another unforeseen change today: If I have the forum open when a game starts, the table is opened twice, once by the download and again by the browser. I had 4 tournaments and SNGs opening together and had tables everywhere !
    Posted by penguin7
    Tony,

That's been answered elsewhere  today - tech queries maybe? - but I'm PTP-ing right now, so no time to search for it. Will look it out later for you.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters : Tony, That's been answered elsewhere  today - tech queries maybe? - but I'm PTP-ing right now, so no time to search for it. Will look it out later for you.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yep, it is Tech Queries the thread is here
  • edited March 2011
    I think it's a terrible idea.  Not for sky, that is understood.  I quite like them when I'm in a slightly irritated (sky won't allow what i actually said) mood and have won quite a few.  They are already a shovefest - the only thing that vaguely deters people is tourny exit.  Zero poker mucho shovo and rebuyo.
  • edited March 2011
    loads of poker in a BH.  you just have to have some kind of poker brain to work them out
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters : Hi Mr M, Possibly, possibly not - it depends upon demand. If nobody plays Rebuy Bounty Hunters, then Sky Poker would be pretty daft to persist with them. If there is shown to be a demand, then they will. No Room is going to offer a Product that nobody wants, & if the demand is there, then they'll offer them. You not in Luton on Saturday, I see - try & make Leeds, OK?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Evening sir....its not that im against bh rebuys but if they do prove to be very popular (which imo they will be) is there a need to remove the freezeout bh's?,or is it the case that the rebuys will take numbers from the freezeouts.

No,i will be missing luton(thats two ive missed now :( )
    but i will defo be at leeds.

hope you are well and have a good day on saturday.
    i will be following on the forum.

delta or diaboot ftw!!

cheers,dave
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters : Evening sir....its not that im against bh rebuys but if they do prove to be very popular (which imo they will be) is there a need to remove the freezeout bh's?,or is it the case that the rebuys will take numbers from the freezeouts. No,i will be missing luton(thats two ive missed now :( ) but i will defo be at leeds. hope you are well and have a good day on saturday. i will be following on the forum. delta or diaboot ftw!! cheers,dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Hi again Dave,

Well phrased question.

I spoke to Adam about this earlier this evening, & here's the gist of what he told me.

1) He intends to slowly add some Rebuy Bounty Hunter Tourneys to the schedule where he feels appropriate. Standard BH's are very popular, & will remain so, & he has no desire to ruin that market, but he wants to keep adding a wider & more diverse range for players to choose from. 

2) There will not be "turbo", or "1 minute roulette" versions of Rebuy BH's, given the format, it makes more sense to have a medium to deep structure to bring rebuys & add-ons into play.

3) They are there to add more variety to the "product range", all tourneys which currently, & continue to, perform well, will be retained.

He gave this much thought, it was widely discussed in the business, & they are hopeful that some will enjoy them, & it will continue the trend towards improving the range of products available.

You may or may not be aware, but BH's have never been my cup of tea, I don't suppose I've played 10 in all the time I've been here, but I certainly don't begrudge those who do enjoy them, & I'll deffo give the Rebuy versions a bash. The maths attached to them, in fact, is something that requires a bit of figuring out, as the implied odds are very different to "regular" Tourneys. The idea of having to apply some thinking to them appeals, n fact.

We shall see.

Shame you won't be at Luton, fella - see you in Leeds, then.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters:
    [QUOTE]Bounty Hunters are incredibly popular on Sky Poker, deep analysis of player stats have proven this conclusively. It is now possible to have Rebuy Bounty Hunters, & these will start being added to the Tournament Schedule over the next few days. If they prove popular, more & a wider variety will be added. If they don't, they won't......
    Posted by Tikay10

MMM, "proven this conclusively"---- I started a poll yesterday in which the top polled answer was that bounty hunters are popular because there is not much choice and they are often the only tournament availiable.

From 2.30am to 2.20pm there are 28 bounty hunters, 1 freezeout, and 1 deep stack

Is it a big surprise that bounty hunters appear to be popular?--- I suggest that bounty hunters are incredibly all over the fluppin tournie lobby, which gives the illusion that they are "incredibly popular", when in fact, people would much prefer to have more choice, and not 12 hours with only one proper freezeout tournament. INNIT!!
  • edited March 2011
    If you had 28 freezeout tournaments and one bounty hunter in the lobby, Tikay would say that deep analysis of player stats have proven conclusively that freezeouts are incredibly popular on sky poker!

Choice is what people are asking for, not more bounty hunters.
  • edited March 2011
    make the 15k bounty hunter rebuy imo
  • edited March 2011
    If you had 28 freezeout tournaments and one bounty hunter in the lobby, Tikay would say that deep analysis of player stats have proven conclusively that freezeouts are incredibly popular on sky poker!  Choice is what people are asking for, not more bounty hunters.
    Posted by oynutter
    the fact that some of the evening bounty hunters attract more runners than the actual 8pm main events tells you they are pretty popular!?
  • edited March 2011
    The fact?---- what "fact?

The "fact" is, you can play a bounty hunter, or wait two or three hours for a freezeout, innit
  • edited March 2011
    The fact?---- what "fact?  The "fact" is, you can play a bounty hunter, or wait two or three hours for a freezeout, innit
    Posted by oynutter

the 9.30 £11 BH always smashes the numbers for the 9 £11 TSP Classic.

as I said before, BH are great.  you just have to adjust your strat.  And I have seen far more ridic things in the 3/4 times that I've played in a 2.20 'Deepstack' than I have in a BH tournie.
  • edited March 2011

it would be silly to make thursday's 8pm bh into a rebuy, it's the flagship bh event and televised.  it would be mayhem.

please avoid the same trouble when you introduced rebuys replacing existing tournaments, make them additional tournaments.  that way we will see player choice determine which ones survive.

• edited March 2011

They're only gonna be small, like the normal nlhe rebuys are mainly 100gtd or whatever, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you're playing tournament poker between 3am - 10am you really need to look at making an account with another site, you're spoilt for choice. 
  • edited March 2011
    They're only gonna be small, like the normal nlhe rebuys are mainly 100gtd or whatever, I wouldn't worry about it. If you're playing tournament poker between 3am - 10am you really need to look at making an account with another site, you're spoilt for choice. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    THIS. Will Sky ever realise this though?. Prob not.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters : THIS. Will Sky ever realise this though?. Prob not.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    why would you play a tournie on Sky at 4am with about 4 runners when you can log onto another site and get into something like a 15kGTD for 5$.  it makes no sense.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters : why would you play a tournie on Sky at 4am with about 4 runners when you can log onto another site and get into something like a 15kGTD for 5$.  it makes no sense.
    Posted by scotty77
    Exactly. I for once, agree with Scotty and Doh.

NURSE!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters : why would you play a tournie on Sky at 4am with about 4 runners when you can log onto another site and get into something like a 15kGTD for 5$.  it makes no sense.
    Posted by scotty77
     errmmm, because it has been proved conclusively that they are incredibly popular-- lol
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Cardroom Changes # 5 - Rebuy Bounty Hunters : Hi again Dave, Well phrased question. I spoke to Adam about this earlier this evening, & here's the gist of what he told me. 1) He intends to slowly add some Rebuy Bounty Hunter Tourneys to the schedule where he feels appropriate. Standard BH's are very popular, & will remain so, & he has no desire to ruin that market, but he wants to keep adding a wider & more diverse range for players to choose from.  2) There will not be "turbo", or "1 minute roulette" versions of Rebuy BH's, given the format, it makes more sense to have a medium to deep structure to bring rebuys & add-ons into play.   3) They are there to add more variety to the "product range", all tourneys which currently, & continue to, perform well, will be retained. He gave this much thought, it was widely discussed in the business, & they are hopeful that some will enjoy them, & it will continue the trend towards improving the range of products available. You may or may not be aware, but BH's have never been my cup of tea, I don't suppose I've played 10 in all the time I've been here, but I certainly don't begrudge those who do enjoy them, & I'll deffo give the Rebuy versions a bash. The maths attached to them, in fact, is something that requires a bit of figuring out, as the implied odds are very different to "regular" Tourneys. The idea of having to apply some thinking to them appeals, n fact. We shall see. Shame you won't be at Luton, fella - see you in Leeds, then.
    Posted by Tikay10
    my view entirely horses for courses e.t.c.

having to think? not sure i like the thought of that :)

i will be trying them out,then most probably bink the first one and play them all the time

cheers,dave

• edited March 2011
    Trying to get my head round these, I cant think of another site that does them.

So if you bust out and rebuy, your new buyin will be split, putting you back on your original head value ?

And if you rebuy or addon while you still have chips, half the money is added to your head value ?

As someone who sometimes does play BHs, I agree with Scotty that there is plenty of poker in them, and you just have to expect and try and profit from the aggressive plays.

I have not played rebuys on Sky, mainly on principle, as they charge a fee on top of the rebuys and addons, which is pretty unique.

However I find this new venture intriguing and will probably have a go !