You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WHY ARE BOUNTY HUNTERS SO POPULAR ON SKY?

2»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: WHY ARE BOUNTY HUNTERS SO POPULAR ON SKY?:
    Hi Bernie, So that people have the choice, why not put a standard NLH Classic tournie in there on the hour every hour.  Like a 2.20/3.30.  I won't play them, but there are people that might and surely it doesn't cost anything to have a tournie sat there in the lobby????
    Posted by scotty77
    Sounds like a good idea Scotty. I'll see if we can add them to the overnight lobby - There is low stakes NHL on or near the the hour from 9am onwards, but filling the overnight gap should resolve players issues regarding choice at these times.

Many thanks,

Bernie
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: WHY ARE BOUNTY HUNTERS SO POPULAR ON SKY? : Sounds like a good idea Scotty. I'll see if we can add them to the overnight lobby - There is low stakes NHL on or near the the hour from 9am onwards, but filling the overnight gap should resolve players issues regarding choice at these times. Many thanks, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie

It would be great if you could add a standard NLHE tournament (2k starting stack, 10min blinds) with a buy in of something like £3.30 - £5.50. Between 18.30 and 22.00 as currently there are only Deepstacks, Bounty Hunters or Speed Rebuys within my BR (except when the totty's are on).

I have put this in community suggestions as have others, but I have never seen a response from sky execpt once from a MOD saying they would pass it on.

Regards,

Mark
  • edited March 2011
    "a lot of our customers like Bounty Hunters, as proved by the number of people who regularly play them"

Hi Bernie, the vast majority of people that have responded to the poll on this thread have indicated that they play them because there is little choice and they are often the only tournament available. If the tournie lobby is swamped with them, and people want to play poker, then obviously they are going to appear popular to someone that is analysing stats,,.. I realise there are a lot of people that like them, but the tournie schedule at present would seem to suggest that the vast majority of players on sky would rather play bounty hunters than any other tournament, which is simply not the case.

Over twice as many voters as any other option on this poll have indicated that they play them because of the lack of choice Bernie
  • edited March 2011
    how many of those people are up between 2 and 7am tho

the tournie schedule is very varied at the moment.  i play 15+ from the schedule between 6pm and midnight, and would do more if I had the room for the table capacity.  and out fo those 15, I think around 4/5 are BHs.
  • edited March 2011
    You are one of the higher stakes players Scotty (average stake 17 quid), I think most of the players that have indicated that they play them because of the lack of choice are lower stakes players
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: WHY ARE BOUNTY HUNTERS SO POPULAR ON SKY? : Sounds like a good idea Scotty. I'll see if we can add them to the overnight lobby - There is low stakes NHL on or near the the hour from 9am onwards, but filling the overnight gap should resolve players issues regarding choice at these times. Many thanks, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Thanks Bernie and Scotty, hopefully having a choice during the night hours will keep a few more people playing at these times.
  • edited March 2011
    I think the poll results prove quite conclusively that a lot of players play these tournies because there is little choice at the time they want to play
  • edited March 2011
    I voted i play them cos no other tourney

still lack of tourneys £3-£5 range which is ideal for me, i occasionally play a BH but mainly for a let down or just to play like a donk like the rest who play them

still no 4pm MTT standard??
  • edited March 2011
    Hi young gun, we have got some freezeouts in the night schedule now, so thanks to Bernie for that, not many people playing that late though. see how  it goes eh.

Can't wait to watch a bounty hunter rebuy lol, I got a strange feeling they will be the funniest thing you ever saw on a poker site!
  • edited March 2011
    Hi young gun, we have got some freezeouts in the night schedule now, so thanks to Bernie for that, not many people playing that late though. see how  it goes eh.  Can't wait to watch a bounty hunter rebuy lol, I got a strange feeling they will be the funniest thing you ever saw on a poker site!
    Posted by oynutter
    How many all ins do you think will be in the first 6 hands of a bh rebuy with 100 entries?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: WHY ARE BOUNTY HUNTERS SO POPULAR ON SKY? : How many all ins do you think will be in the first 6 hands of a bh rebuy with 100 entries?
    Posted by The_Don90
    If it's after midnight with say 17-20 tables ( average 3 all-ins per table on 1st hand alone).........lol.... = total carnage and quickest 100 player tourney to finish ever imho.
  • edited March 2011
    Well, I spose we should look on the bright side, hundreds more "players" will be attracted over from the bingo site eh
  • edited March 2011
    I can't wait for the rebuy bounty hunters (if they're at the lower buy-ins). Low buy-in bounty hunters and low buy-in rebuys are both profitable for me here, I reckon a combination of the two might be even better. It'll be great when you KO a donk and watch him rebuy straight back in, you'll be able to keep taking a bounty off the same player again and again. Also if half of the field never re-buy or add-on under any circumstances (as is the case in the existing non-bounty re-buys), skilled players who are fully prepared to re-buy and add-on will have a big advantage that will enable them to take the bubble prizes even more often than they do now. Bring it on!
  • edited March 2011
    I saw that but i dont generally play through thos hours mates

My point is as i have put still lack of tourneys within £3-£5 range also 4pm MTT daily they should have

the schedule is getting much better though so thank you but obviously dont ask dont get, also accidentally bolded it all so have enlarged once i wanted boldedd ;)
  • edited March 2011
    do you think we should campaign for a 4pm deep stack?
  • edited March 2011
    nooooooooo lol a standard freezeout, although deepie option aswell would be good
  • edited March 2011
    I enjoy playing Bount Hunters because, i dont think i have what it takes to get to final table or even make the cash, but in Bounty Hunters i can win money with out getting to final 6 ect. But i think it is most peoples view.
  • edited March 2011
    Well start a thread mate, I got the 2.20 deep stack going by starting a thread to promote the idea, then I spammed the cash tables to get the numbers up, now it runs every day, just get a thread with lots of people saying they would play it, Tikay or Bernie will see it, and bobs yer teapot innit
  • edited March 2011
    I enjoy playing Bount Hunters because, i dont think i have what it takes to get to final table or even make the cash, but in Bounty Hunters i can win money with out getting to final 6 ect. But i think it is most peoples view.
    Posted by shaun09
     Hi Shaun, personnally, I think you would be better off working on the reason you don't make many final tables, thing is with the bounty hunter format, you don't really get a chance to work on your game because the vast majority of your decisions are very easy, ie call for your stack or fold. Why not try the 2.20 deep stacks, where you have plenty of proper poker play and a chance to really work at your game, there is one at 2.20pm today, shout up if you want some tips on playing these, one thing I'll say is, If you can learn a good enough game to cash in these, then you will have a very good footing to be a winning player--gl--floppa whoppa!
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: WHY ARE BOUNTY HUNTERS SO POPULAR ON SKY? : You defo have a point about the nightowl schedule! But im not sure if many people want to play mtts at those times anyway?? As the site grows more and more they might obv. With regard to other peak times. there are loads of non bounty hunter tourneys, ok maybe there could be a couple more standard nlhe, but the BH's wont be removed/reduced as they are far too popular!!!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    well they want to play them on other pokersites,all night every night,phaps its coz us brits gotta go 2 bed early so we can get up for work...
  • edited March 2011
    I saw that but i dont generally play through thos hours mates My point is as i have put still lack of tourneys within £3-£5 range also 4pm MTT daily they should have the schedule is getting much better though so thank you but obviously dont ask dont get, also accidentally bolded it all so have enlarged once i wanted boldedd ;)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    this could be controversial, there used to be 2 around that time,

i registered here from the start and ther was many a day i played tourneys at 15:50 and 16:10 that cost £5.50 to enter, since the inclusion of bounty hunters these tourneys disappeared.

that was about about 2 year ago, these tourneys were £200 gtd and almost always got their number but bonty hunters were flavour of the day back then, so much so almost every 5er torney became a bounty hunter, main reason i stopped playing on sky.

sky like them but personally i think they have forced them on us thru limited choice.

the way i view it is, im the consumer if i dont like i go elsewhere
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: WHY ARE BOUNTY HUNTERS SO POPULAR ON SKY? : this could be controversial, there used to be 2 around that time, i registered here from the start and ther was many a day i played tourneys at 15:50 and 16:10 that cost £5.50 to enter, since the inclusion of bounty hunters these tourneys disappeared. that was about about 2 year ago, these tourneys were £200 gtd and almost always got their number but bonty hunters were flavour of the day back then, so much so almost every 5er torney became a bounty hunter, main reason i stopped playing on sky. sky like them but personally i think they have forced them on us thru limited choice. the way i view it is, im the consumer if i dont like i go elsewhere
    Posted by TINTIN
    Well said Tintin man, personally I think sky promote this format  because they are fast games, the punters often win a small bit back and they stay interested, it's a way to keep dodgy players playing, give them the odd biscuit innit
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: WHY ARE BOUNTY HUNTERS SO POPULAR ON SKY? : Well said Tintin man, personally I think sky promote this format  because they are fast games, the punters often win a small bit back and they stay interested, it's a way to keep dodgy players playing, give them the odd biscuit innit
    Posted by oynutter

obvs.  so why are all these 'proper' players against them lol.  you do realise that the hand rankings in standard MTT and BHs are the same.  if they are so woeful then play them lol
  • edited March 2011
    I do---durrrrr----lol
  • edited March 2011

they are a lot of fun plus its nice to take a head or 2
  • edited March 2011
    Oynutter yeah i do need to work on my game, But i enjoy the thursday Bh because i can try a week in advance to sattilite into it, I cant afford to buy stright in, i normally get in thursdays BH if i try and that is where i make my money, I hardly play the small mtt, as i want to win big amounts lol. I know if i get into the thursdays one or even the monday BH i can make a decent profit,

I need to workon ym cash game b4 MTT events. As i seem to have a big leak atm in cash :(