You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how bad was this??????

edited March 2011 in The Poker Clinic
a player (a reg) a mouth big mouth on ere lets say

decides 2 try bluff it all in for 300+  wiv pocket 2s lol.

now i know alot ov u are mates ov his but come on wot was he thinkin.

p.s i know he gave it a go i wudnt noway b4 u start sayin why didnt i give it a go.........

Comments

• edited March 2011
    If it's DOHHHHHH you're on about he hit his set.

If not then i've no idea what you're on about.
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: how bad was this??????:
    If it's DOHHHHHH you're on about he hit his set. If not then i've no idea what you're on about.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    +1

Dohhhhhh is the only big mouth round here too

Anyway since when was bluffing off your stack bad? I call it fun.
  • edited March 2011
    he hit i know. but my question is....... why is he playin 22 preflop big stakes surely its an instant fold. weather he he hit on flop or not ????
  • edited March 2011
    he hit i know. but my question is....... why is he playin 22 preflop big stakes surely its an instant fold. weather he he hit on flop or not ????
  • edited March 2011
    why is he playing 22 at big stakes

not many people fold pocket pairs pre when there has only been the one raise if you fold 2s 3s 4s etc pre flop to just the one raise thats up to you but 9 times out of 10 everyone is going to play 2s for another 7.50 with only one other opponent in the hand.... also 2s are probably the most disregarded hand in poker so if you do hit a set you are 9 times out of 10 getting paid always. Thats why he played the 2s and why everyone will play 2s when there has been no re raise set mining may not always be profitable but when you do hit it with hands like 2s 3s and even 4s you are going to get paid simple as that.
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by seppe
    I hardly ever fold pocket pairs pre-flop, especially in cash games.

• edited March 2011
    Posted by seppe
    bcos when he hits he can just stack himself for 300 quid. simple
  • edited March 2011

The stakes makes no difference. generally there are good implied odds to calling with any pocket pair to try to "set mine" preflop, if its cheap enough.

Weather it's 4nl or 1000nl makes no difference!!!

Dohhhhhhh got his money in as a big favourite and got ul, give the guy a break please!

• edited March 2011
    The stakes makes no difference. generally there are good implied odds to calling with any pocket pair to try to "set mine" preflop, if its cheap enough. Weather it's 4nl or 1000nl makes no difference!!! Dohhhhhhh got his money in as a big favourite and got ul, give the guy a break please!
    Posted by GREGHOGG

+1
  • edited March 2011
    if it was on the tv tonight the only time i remember seeing pocket 2s was as above have said with DOHHHH who got unfortunate by hitting trips on the flop unless this happened on a table that wasn't shown on the TV tonight I have no idea who your talking about ?? please explain more ?
    Posted by delaney09
    the person is correct. but even so im just sayin it was bad 22 pre flop callin or raisin  aint gud. u know 95% u get a call yr behind it wasnt a all in situation so why risk it. ye he hit on flop but surely he shudnt b seein a flop anyway wiv 22 ??? mayb this is1 for poker clinic im just givin my opinion
  • edited March 2011
    stop trying to wind people up you massive male appendage
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: how bad was this?????? : the person is correct. but even so im just sayin it was bad 22 pre flop callin or raisin  aint gud. u know 95% u get a call yr behind it wasnt a all in situation so why risk it. ye he hit on flop but surely he shudnt b seein a flop anyway wiv 22 ??? mayb this is1 for poker clinic im just givin my opinion
    Posted by seppe
    So basically you're completely ignoring what Greg has written even though it's 100% correct ?
  • edited March 2011
    Hmmm, is this someones new fishing account then ?
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: how bad was this?????? : the person is correct. but even so im just sayin it was bad 22 pre flop callin or raisin  aint gud. u know 95% u get a call yr behind it wasnt a all in situation so why risk it. ye he hit on flop but surely he shudnt b seein a flop anyway wiv 22 ??? mayb this is1 for poker clinic im just givin my opinion
    Posted by seppe

heres a perfect example to back up my post of how disregarded pocket 2s are this was in the 4k gtd on tues. or weds. so not a tiny tournament, this is not a brag of any kind just showing what happens when u do hit big with 2s to a standard 3x PF raise
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
      Small blind   15.00 15.00 4530.00
      Big blind   30.00 45.00 1760.00
      Your hole cards

Fold        
      Raise   90.00 135.00 1615.00
    delaney09 Call   90.00 225.00 1620.00
      Fold        
      Call   60.00 285.00 1700.00
    Flop

• Q
    • J

Check        
      Bet   90.00 375.00 1525.00
    delaney09 Raise   210.00 585.00 1410.00
      Fold        
      Call   120.00 705.00 1405.00
    Turn

Bet   90.00 795.00 1315.00
    delaney09 Raise   753.75 1548.75 656.25
      Call   663.75 2212.50 651.25
    River

Bet   90.00 2302.50 561.25
    delaney09 All-in   656.25 2958.75 0.00
      All-in   561.25 3520.00 0.00
    delaney09 Unmatched bet   5.00 3515.00 5.00
      Show
    • Q

delaney09 Show

delaney09 Win Three 2s 3515.00   3520.00
  • edited March 2011

Dohhhhh frankly out played me in the hand you are talking about and I got lucky.  There is an argument for folding 22 OOP on some tables, but not that one.

Stakes are irrelevant,

• edited March 2011
    Dohhhhh frankly out played me in the hand you are talking about and I got lucky.  There is an argument for folding 22 OOP on some tables, but not that one. Stakes are irrelevant,
    Posted by TommyD

heres someone who constantly plays at these stakes, would you have done the exact same thing as what dohhh did tommy and flatted to hit the set and if not just folded the flop right ? its okay me putting in my p.o.v but i don't play these stakes so really have no idea how they go
  • edited March 2011
    Dohhhhh frankly out played me in the hand you are talking about and I got lucky.  There is an argument for folding 22 OOP on some tables, but not that one. Stakes are irrelevant,
    Posted by TommyD
    tommy my stakes argument was irrevelent......... ok il b the big man & SAY i watched the game & DIDNT realise he hot the set. THERE U GO GO MY POSWT WAS BULLSSSSSSS. My mistake if i was DOHHHHHH id have done the same ALLLL INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. how many peeps can admit they are wrong & post it liker i just did. HURTS BUT SOWI DOHHHHHHH lol
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: how bad was this?????? : heres someone who constantly plays at these stakes, would you have done the exact same thing as what dohhh did tommy and flatted to hit the set and if not just folded the flop right ? its okay me putting in my p.o.v but i don't play these stakes so really have no idea how they go
    Posted by delaney09
    Good question.  If I was playing against me there I'm mostly calling preflop with some raises mixed in but when I'm raising I'm playing two napkins (disregarding my hand) rather than a pair of twos.  Post flop I mostly play completely differently if I hit the set.  If I miss I'm not always folding (will be mostly folding) but I'm back to playing two napkins again then.  Now we're looking at flop texture, villain ranges, my own image etc.  A fraction of the time I'm calling to reassess, with some bluff leads/check raises for good measure.  Playing OOP really sucks though so mostly folding when I miss.
  • edited March 2011
    Fwiw, I thought the "big mouth" in question played the hand fantastically. Set mining in cash is always a huge value play due to the implied odds when hitting a hidden set. And I thought the overbet was genius because of how predictable the bet sizes generally seem to be at that level. He also used his image excellently to induce Tommy's jam. 'Ol big mouth just got very unlucky but proved he can mix it at those levels IMO.

Fair play to Tommy for admitting he got outplayed. I agree.

And fair play to OP for admitting he got in wrong too.

Great TV hand though. TK must be gutted at losing his stake.....
  • edited March 2011
    Dohhhh played the hand well v this player, he got Tommy to stick his stack in with only 26% equity...........great play then went unrewarded when tommy hit the river.
  • edited March 2011

Yes, you are a big man seppe.  If only because you have clearly had far more to drink than DOHHHHHHH, which I believe to be a rarity in itself.

• edited March 2011
    Fwiw, I thought the "big mouth" in question played the hand fantastically. Set mining in cash is always a huge value play due to the implied odds when hitting a hidden set. And I thought the overbet was genius because of how predictable the bet sizes generally seem to be at that level. He also used his image excellently to induce Tommy's jam. 'Ol big mouth just got very unlucky but proved he can mix it at those levels IMO. Fair play to Tommy for admitting he got outplayed. I agree. And fair play to OP for admitting he got in wrong too. Great TV hand though. TK must be gutted at losing his stake.....
    Posted by bandini

LOL, TK did go rather quiet when that river hit
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to how bad was this??????:
    a player (a reg) a mouth big mouth on ere lets say decides 2 try bluff it all in for 300+  wiv pocket 2s lol. now i know alot ov u are mates ov his but come on wot was he thinkin. p.s i know he gave it a go i wudnt noway b4 u start sayin why didnt i give it a go.........
    Posted by seppe
    Tripple barrell rubdown.....You were gaining momentum throughout that introduction.

Just call me DOHHHHHHH nxt time.

lol fml.
    Sunday morning rub downs from plonkers ftw.

even if I hadn't hit a set I had the best hand.

• edited March 2011
    dont think you have to justify anything mate
  • edited March 2011
    Calling you a "big mouth" was the only part of his post that was correct JJ.

:)
  • edited March 2011

OP ur a big tool end of. you dont warrant any other response

he got ul and now u rub it in such a idiot

• edited March 2011
    So I've had a little time to sleep on it and mull over this hand.  The key mistake I made was treating Dohhhhh as  just any other player who clearly has one buy in, i.e. scared money.  Done this move plenty of times (mainly live as it happens, when it's much clearer the oppo only has one bullet), seen the 'scared overbet' to shut down the hand plenty and get the fold much more than not.  The play in itself is +ev versus the normal target in this situation but Dohhhhh isn't a weak player.  Far from it in fact.

That's where the mistake is IMO.  I completely agree with Bandini, Stien and others above.

One final note, not just directed to the OP who I think has made clear they had more than one shandy last night but to all railers, posters etc.  Please respect all the players at the table.  If you want to openly critique hands the players post here, that's great, that's what it's here for and I encourage that.  But do not post or type in the chat box disrespectful comments.  There were a few last night and I invite these people to stump up the money and sit at the table.  It'll give you a unique perspective.
  • ybyb
    edited March 2011
    someone post the hand, I want to see what all the fuss is about lol
  • edited March 2011
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £1.50 £1.50 £344.72
    LOL_RAISE Big blind  £3.00 £4.50 £578.20
      Your hole cards

CrazyBen23 Fold     
    TommyD Raise  £9.00 £13.50 £340.14
    hurst05 Fold     
    lolufold Fold