You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how bad was this??????

2»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    He was ul.  No need whatsoever for the OP.  Wouldn't be surprised if this disappears when he wakes up, re-reads and feels like the tool that YG mentioned.
  • edited March 2011
    Am i missing something here? Seems like a reasonably standard hand to me.
  • ybyb
    edited March 2011
    tommy surely if you were thinking at the time it was scared money it means its less likely for him to be bluffing here?
  • edited March 2011
    indeed, people just raise 7x your cbet w/ nothing on this board

also it's obviously a terrible idea going into any game with 1 buy in that's more retarded than this hand
  • edited March 2011
    ^^ he dont have just 1 buy in its called taking shots
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: how bad was this??????:
    tommy surely if you were thinking at the time it was scared money it means its less likely for him to be bluffing here?
    Posted by yb
    this is exactly what I thought.
  • edited March 2011
    constructive as ever zing!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by yb
    Don't think I ever said I thought he was bluffing YB.  I know he's got a hand of some sort.  Obviously I don't have him on a set.  I'm trying to knock him off of a pocket pair tens and under or some 8X hand (89s, 78s, A8 etc).  A8 makes up a tiny part of his range but it was my thinking, rightly or wrongly, that there were tons of medium pairs & suited cons that have paired up in his range here.  I interpreted the huge bet as him not wanting to me to float/call a normal raise to reassess etc.  Up until this point I was playing more towards snug and I thought I could sell the big pocket pair well in line with my story throughout the hand.
  • ybyb
    edited March 2011
    pod his post was actually constructive, and young_gun he isn't saying that dohh only has 1 buy-in for 300nl, but the way he played the hand is like it was scared money imo.

tommy I don't think dohh ever shows up with 8x here, and he isn't going to be 7x/folding the flop anywhere near enough for your shove to be profitable.
  • edited March 2011
    pod his post was actually constructive, and young_gun he isn't saying that dohh only has 1 buy-in for 300nl, but the way he played the hand is like it was scared money imo. tommy I don't think dohh ever shows up with 8x here, and he isn't going to be 7x/folding the flop anywhere near enough for your shove to be profitable.
    Posted by yb
    You've gotta give me abit more credit than this I think.

I was mouthing off in the chat box, giving it the "big i am" playing up to the railers, trying to sound as drunk and cockey as I could.....(without being abusive)

The players at the table were talking to me too, so I wasn't wasting my time doing it.....

I've alot of history with Tommy from his 50nl mastercash days, he knows I mix it up, he knows I'm not gonna sit there waiting for aces and I would make moves.

Id already shown a couple of bluffs, opened with rags utg and shown, etc etc my image was deffo not a petrified nit sitting waiting for the nuts.

I know Tommy thinks on many levels, I knew he could think himself into a move/shove for value....He knows that if he shoves over my raise, I have to fold almost everything.

I did not over-raise the set to take the pot down. I thought it was the best chance I had of getting the money in against this player in this situation.

I am very happy with the way I played the hand - and it worked perfectly. 

That's poker innit.

-----------------------------------------------------------

edit - I could afford to lose the buy in. And a few more, which probably would have happened had I not stood.

I understand BRM, I wouldn't have been there if I wasn't prepared to lose it, and I wouldn't have sat if I didn't believe I could win money from the game.

I didn't sit "for the experience" of "for a laugh" lol.

• edited March 2011
    ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK GOD I DON`T PLAY AGAINST DOHHHHHH THAT OFTEN, AS HIS RANGE IS VERY WIDE, THAT WHY I RESPECT HIS GAME - ( THANK GOD I`M NOT MARRIED TO HIM - HATE SUPPRISES ) UNLESS IT`S CIDER ??
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: how bad was this?????? : You've gotta give me abit more credit than this I think. I was mouthing off in the chat box, giving it the "big i am" playing   up to the railers, trying to sound as drunk and cockey as I could.....(without being abusive) The players at the table were talking to me too, so I wasn't wasting my time doing it..... I've alot of history with Tommy from his 50nl mastercash days, he knows I mix it up, he knows I'm not gonna sit there waiting for aces and I would make moves. Id already shown a couple of bluffs, opened with rags utg and shown, etc etc my image was deffo not a petrified nit sitting waiting for the nuts. I know Tommy thinks on many levels, I knew he could think himself into a move/shove for value....He knows that if he shoves over my raise, I have to fold almost everything. I did not over-raise the set to take the pot down. I thought it was the best chance I had of getting the money in against this player in this situation. I am very happy with the way I played the hand - and it worked perfectly.  That's poker innit. ----------------------------------------------------------- edit - I could afford to lose the buy in. And a few more, which probably would have happened had I not stood. I understand BRM, I wouldn't have been there if I wasn't prepared to lose it, and I wouldn't have sat if I didn't believe I could win money from the game. I didn't sit "for the experience" of "for a laugh" lol.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Completely agree with everything JJ has put here.

YB - I'm not defending the play in this specific hand, it was a bad play in this instance against this player.  Only so many times I can say it so this will be the last, JJ did me like a kipper.  I got suckered in and stacked off in a bad spot.

I do maintain this is the right play against the right player.  This wasn't the right player.
  • ybyb
    edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: how bad was this?????? : You've gotta give me abit more credit than this I think. I was mouthing off in the chat box, giving it the "big i am" playing   up to the railers, trying to sound as drunk and cockey as I could.....(without being abusive) The players at the table were talking to me too, so I wasn't wasting my time doing it..... I've alot of history with Tommy from his 50nl mastercash days, he knows I mix it up, he knows I'm not gonna sit there waiting for aces and I would make moves. Id already shown a couple of bluffs, opened with rags utg and shown, etc etc my image was deffo not a petrified nit sitting waiting for the nuts. I know Tommy thinks on many levels, I knew he could think himself into a move/shove for value....He knows that if he shoves over my raise, I have to fold almost everything. I did not over-raise the set to take the pot down. I thought it was the best chance I had of getting the money in against this player in this situation. I am very happy with the way I played the hand - and it worked perfectly.  That's poker innit. ----------------------------------------------------------- edit - I could afford to lose the buy in. And a few more, which probably would have happened had I not stood. I understand BRM, I wouldn't have been there if I wasn't prepared to lose it, and I wouldn't have sat if I didn't believe I could win money from the game. I didn't sit "for the experience" of "for a laugh" lol.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    fair enough, I was wrong about it being scared money. I still don't think you are going to be balanced at all in this spot though.
  • edited March 2011
    I still don't really like either play if I'm honest. Nice to hear the thinking behind each one though.