You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AA post flop facing raise 68 BB's deep late in tourney

2»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    i been looking at this hand now for 10 mins and the more i look at it the more i think im going over the top of him on the flop. ob im ahead pre the flat leans me towards him not on a premium ( has a stack to bully if he wants). standard "c" bet from you, from his point of view a reraise here may take it down. if he had hit a set why would he reraise you??? so unless he has hit a lucky 2pair you must think you are still ahead. you know whats comming on turn and river so why not get your money in while your ahead and put a big descision on him.   phil
  • edited March 2011
    Again thanks for some really in depth replies. I'd say this sort of hand only ever happens once a month at the level I play, £2.20 deepstack, so overall it's not a massive problem but it is interesting to see many good players having different views. I still feel if I could play it again I wouldn't do anything different as I seriously put him on the set or at least something that beat me, a 3 barrel air bluff didn't even enter my mind lol.
  • edited April 2011

In Response to Re: AA post flop facing raise 68 BB's deep late in tourney:
    I agree w N1CK fwiw. Calling flop is best, unless we know the villain is a complete idiot I don't think we can get it in good enough on the flop.
    Posted by pryce6

I think calling flop with the intention of trapping is best rather than with the intention of folding our hand if he continues strongly.

Folding aces every time you get check raised and then led out into is bad if you ask me.

People like to bluff at these type of boards, "oh he has AK I'll get him off that no problem. Oh he's still calling...I'll shove he can't call me now.

We've underrepped out hand massively by flatting so to then give up on it later down the streets sucks imo when we've set this situation up by not 3-betting the flop.