You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

new to twitter, - who to follow in the poker world

2»

Comments

• edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: new to twitter, - who to follow in the poker world:
    My name on twitter is @Filthystan (long story).  Cant seem to find freddie flintoff though, what is twitter name TINTIN. Might follow you DOHHH as well as some of your posts are really interesting on here (among the mince that is :)
    Posted by H2TheBA
    @flintoff11
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: new to twitter, - who to follow in the poker world : @flintoff11
    Posted by TINTIN
    Thanks mate
  • edited March 2011
    not for me, i didnt get a computer till i was 37!!! my tv i have to put 50p in the corner and turn a knob and i carry round the battery for my phone in a rucksack
  • edited March 2011
    Go for it!!! I'm not sure how frequently I should be posting though? It seems very quiet. Is it just exciting things that happen????  Interesting things?  What type of takeaway I'm having for my supper? How much I lost today at poker? How I lost it? I dunno......... Skybet have quoted 3/1 about me announcing me my retirement from poker via twitter.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    quality
  • edited March 2011
    Twitter seems pointless to begin with, but when you start to get into it and tailor your following list it becomes a great tool. It's by far the quickest way to get things like chip counts and big hands during poker tournaments, many players tweet direct from the table. There are all sorts of other similar uses. Twitter was perfect for my walk, my phone has built-in GPS, I had geo-tagging switched on so all my family and friends were getting regular updates with a link to a map showing exactly where I was. Without Twitter I would never have had the pleasure of meeting Maxally, I tweeted something like 'I'm stopping here tonight' with a picture of a pub in Stone, half an hour later Alan turned up in the bar.

http://twitter.com/garylq

BTW - Lucky me got mentions from two legends of British poker today; Neil Channing and BananaDog!
  • edited March 2011
    Twitter seems pointless to begin with, but when you start to get into it and tailor your following list it becomes a great tool. It's by far the quickest way to get things like chip counts and big hands during poker tournaments, many players tweet direct from the table. There are all sorts of other similar uses. Twitter was perfect for my walk, my phone has built-in GPS, I had geo-tagging switched on so all my family and friends were getting regular updates with a link to a map showing exactly where I was. Without Twitter I would never have had the pleasure of meeting Maxally, I tweeted something like 'I'm stopping here tonight' with a picture of a pub in Stone, half an hour later Alan turned up in the bar. http://twitter.com/garylq BTW - Lucky me got mentions from two legends of British poker today; Neil Channing and BananaDog!
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    HAHAHA! I'm famous ;)
    thanks Gary x