You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Changes to "Team Sky Poker" Qualification

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat

The existing TSP Qualifying "Quarter" ends at Midnight tonight, & it will conclude all as previously announced, & in accordance with the Rules, & those successful will enjoy the rights & benefits as previous.

The qualifying criteria for the period 1st April - 30th June (& thus, those who will be in TSP for the July - September quarter) will CHANGE, however.

I'm short of time right now, (Show rehearsal is in 1 minute), & so I will Post the details ovenight, or try to.

Those details WILL, however, be announced on tonight's Live TV Show.

As always, I'll field any & all questions as & when.

Please note I may be Offline a good part of Friday. Things to do......

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Please be an Omaha league, please be an Omaha league, please be an Omaha league ;)
  • edited March 2011
    what a joke a torni with no cash incentive 1st u do away with the league money now u make it a torni with no cash see how many players want to play a torni with no cash up for grabs well done sky as usual change the rules to suit yourself community site that mskes me laugh
  • edited March 2011
    In Response to Re: Changes to "Team Sky Poker" Qualification:
    what a joke a torni with no cash incentive 1st u do away with the league money now u make it a torni with no cash see how many players want to play a torni with no cash up for grabs well done sky as usual change the rules to suit yourself community site that mskes me laugh
    Posted by CHILLIE
     It's a free tourny, i'm sure most people are wanting to play in it to gain entry to TSP.
  • edited March 2011
    Posted by CHILLIE

They haven't changed any rules midstream. Not sure what your gripe is - you sign up and it does what it says on the tin. Nobody has spent a penny in the April to June quarter yet anyway

• edited March 2011

i think the changes are fabby,

• edited March 2011
    Am I right in thinking they are offering 6 places to TSP instead of 6?

If so, stfu! lol ????

I definitely think that you should be able to sell/transfer your TSP membership though.

It makes no difference to sky, and it makes it more appealling to more ppl! (like meeeeeeeee)

• edited March 2011
    I reckon by doing it this way if you don't want to get onto TSP then you would just not play in the final.

Before some may have been tempted to play just to win some money.
  • edited March 2011
    n Response to Re: Changes to "Team Sky Poker" Qualification:
    I reckon by doing it this way if you don't want to get onto TSP then you would just not play in the final. Before some may have been tempted to play just to win some money.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    i think your 100% right my incentive was the cash but aint that what poker is about
  • edited March 2011
    So why not go for a place on TSP who will then pay your entry fees to some very nice live tournaments ?
  • edited March 2011
    n Response to Re: Changes to "Team Sky Poker" Qualification : i think your 100% right my incentive was the cash but aint that what poker is about
    Posted by CHILLIE
    +1

Im sure there are players within the final who don't win seats, who will happily pay money for the seat/position.

By allowing the seat to be sold, it makes the whole thing more appealling to everyone.

I'm sure sky would prefer a 200nl cash player grinding his a/rse off to rake as much as poss than a £10 dym player or a 30nl cash player (no offence chillie, im in the same boat)

It just makes so much sense - As long as the the player who buys the position qualified for the final, and isn't an outsider.

• edited March 2011
    Cliffs on the changes please.
  • edited March 2011

Same league tables
    One tourney instead of 3 (90 runner)
    6 TSP places (up from 3), NO cash

++++++++++EV imo

• edited March 2011
    Same league tables One tourney instead of 3 (90 runner) 6 TSP places (up from 3), NO cash ++++++++++EV imo
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Cheers JC!

I liked how it was before.  I like this.  I'm easily pleased.  Now we get to see some answers to the cash players v MTT v STT argument that seems to boom on to bore me at the end of the quarter.

Good luck everyone.
  • edited March 2011
    i know if i was into poker like some of the players on here i would want a tsp seat,what a thrill to play against some of the best players in the country,i think its a good change,i wish i was good enough and put the volume in
  • edited March 2011
    lol @ the people moaning about not getting cash.

you are idiots.

thats all.

• edited April 2011
    Don,t know all the inns and outs of it , but I would like to see a chance somewhere for low stakes players to prove themselves in MTT,s in some way -

Maybe a results table for entries for TSP classic (mere novices for example) or other similar game with decent structure or even better start a new MTT league for the purpose of being in TSP .

Would be very popular and bring in extra money for Sky - Basically an offordable tournament for the best tournament players imo anyway

at least 2 TSP seats and the rest who get the points through putting hours grinding on med/high stakes cash or DYM,s - theyd play the qualifying tournies as well if they really want a place

It should be about getting the best players for the events for the team to promote Sky 

MP
  • edited April 2011
    lol @ the people moaning about not getting cash. you are idiots. thats all.
    Posted by scotty77
    +1
  • edited April 2011
    Don,t know all the inns and outs of it , but I would like to see a chance somewhere for low stakes players to prove themselves in MTT,s in some way -   Maybe a results table for entries for TSP classic (mere novices for example) or other similar game with decent structure or even better start a new MTT league for the purpose of being in TSP . Would be very popular and bring in extra money for Sky - Basically an offordable tournament for the best tournament players imo anyway at least 2 TSP seats and the rest who get the points through putting hours grinding on med/high stakes cash or DYM,s MP
    Posted by MP33
    Regular low stake MTT players who play a large volume of tournies have a great chance of qualifying for this 90 man TSP MTT.

Low stakes players have as much chance of making the qualifier as the high rollers as long as they put in the volume.  It's in the cash league where the difference is the most stark but still possible if you are putting in as many hours as the top ten league players.

For the STT and MTT leagues, the stakes are far less important compared to the volume.
  • edited April 2011
    the league points system is very fair to lower stakes players.  its all about putting the volume in.   if you do that then you have a very decent chance of a top 30 place
  • edited April 2011
    If GREGHOGG can do it, anyone can.

;-)
  • edited April 2011
    If GREGHOGG can do it, anyone can. ;-)
    Posted by Machka
    Greg's made the top 30?!?!?!??!?  Oh, I just checked the date.  Good one Mach!

;)

You know I loves ya GH, really hope you get that hoodie mate :)
  • edited April 2011
    If GREGHOGG can do it, anyone can. ;-)
    Posted by Machka
    this is very true

i have no discipline, no patience and no skill

yet even i can finish in the top 10 of the sng league comfortably at no cost to myself, in fact, i even made a small profit.

So anything is possible

bring on tsp innit.

I do like the changes btw!!!
  • edited April 2011
    I've just re-read this and its tilted me even more.

Sky Poker are not taking away ANY money.  It's a freeroll promotion that they choose to offer.  They have decided to change the struture of this offer slightly and have given advance warning. 

They are not doing it mid way thru the promo when you have already spent X amount of hours grinding away. 

You don't like the change, then tick the box that says 'i dont want to take part in the Poker League'.  Simple.

'we play poker for money' or however it was worded.  yes we do.  and this is why the TSP promotion is so amazingly great.

cashing in the freeroll for between 100 and 700 quid will have no impact at all on anyones day to day life.  you can buy a decent laptop or a 15 year old banger for that amount of money max.  going onto TSP will guarantee you at least ONE £1KBI event where the top prize is at least 50£k+.

if that isn't motivation to grind hard then I don't know what is.

and doh are you seriously telling me that if Sky offered you a freeroll into a £1k event you would turn it down?  you play every single forum comp there is for like normal BI entries and you are moaning about this.

are you mental?

• edited April 2011
    What scotty said.

The promotion was introduced and is coming to it's second iteration, they've listened to feedback and tweaked the format slightly. 

Stop complaining for the sake of it!
  • edited April 2011
    I've just re-read this and its tilted me even more. Sky Poker are not taking away ANY money.  It's a freeroll promotion that they choose to offer.  They have decided to change the struture of this offer slightly and have given advance warning.  They are not doing it mid way thru the promo when you have already spent X amount of hours grinding away.  You don't like the change, then tick the box that says 'i dont want to take part in the Poker League'.  Simple. 'we play poker for money' or however it was worded.  yes we do.  and this is why the TSP promotion is so amazingly great. cashing in the freeroll for between 100 and 700 quid will have no impact at all on anyones day to day life.  you can buy a decent laptop or a 15 year old banger for that amount of money max.  going onto TSP will guarantee you at least ONE £1KBI event where the top prize is at least 50£k+. if that isn't motivation to grind hard then I don't know what is. and doh are you seriously telling me that if Sky offered you a freeroll into a £1k event you would turn it down?  you play every single forum comp there is for like normal BI entries and you are moaning about this. are you mental?
    Posted by scotty77
    doh didn't say he would turn it down, he would just prefer to have the £1k than the live seat.
  • edited April 2011

the new format is great.

imagine that we combine the finalists of the olympic 100 metres (cash players) 110 metre hurdles (stt players) and the 200 metres (mtt players) into one event run over 200 metres and where six gold medals are awarded.  in this test i think that john regis (scotty77) might beat colin jackson (jacobwba) and linford christie (lol_raise).  it will be good to see.

ps well done to the three league champions.

• edited April 2011
    Is this an April fools joke?

• edited April 2011
    I just think you should be able to sell it.

People like flashflush and Greghogg really want the place on the team, you can tell by the extreme lenghts theyve gone through to give themselves the best chance of getting there.

I'm really not bothered about it.

Who would sky rather have representing them, someone like me? or someone whos committed, enthusiastic and wants it more than anything?

I'm sure if I won it, I could sell it for something like 1.2k.

I'd rather have 3 weeks wages for free than a seat in a tourny that I havv little to no chance of cashing in.

Also, the most cash 4 points I've ever made is £100 - no good for this promotion.

I can't think of a reasonable reason why you shouldn't be able to sell the seat to a fellow "top 90" finalist.

edit - saying  "it's not in the spirit of TSP" isn't an actual reason btw, it's just an overused phrase that doesn't actually mean anything. 
  • edited April 2011
    I think people are coming down a bit hard on Chillie here. He's one of a group of players who used to win juicy cash prizes in the points league each month as well as getting a seat in the League Stars freeroll, which offered the chance to win more cash (before it became a deepstack satellite). This announcement effectively marks the end of league points being a means of making money.

Not everybody aspires to be in TSP. As a recreational low-stakes player who will never win enough league points to get a shot at getting into TSP under the new system, or win league prizes under the old system I can look at this impartially. I like the TSP concept, it's exciting and I can see why many of the sites elite players are battling to get in the team, but I also have sympathy for the regs who used to make a fair bit of money off league points but have now had that taken away and for those players who have no interest in playing live and being on TV. This is one of those 'you can't please all the people all the time' situations. Most people like the changes, but Chillie is one of those losing out. I've noticed that some other regs who always used to finish near the top of the leagues are playing much less these days, probably for the same reason that Chillie isn't happy.

The TSP concept gets a thumbs up from me, but Chillie doesn't deserve to get flamed for not liking it.
  • edited April 2011
    I think people are coming down a bit hard on Chillie here. He's one of a group of players who used to win juicy cash prizes in the points league each month as well as getting a seat in the League Stars freeroll, which offered the chance to win more cash (before it became a deepstack satellite). This announcement effectively marks the end of league points being a means of making money. Not everybody aspires to be in TSP. As a recreational low-stakes player who will never win enough league points to get a shot at getting into TSP under the new system, or win league prizes under the old system I can look at this impartially. I like the TSP concept, it's exciting and I can see why many of the sites elite players are battling to get in the team, but I also have sympathy for the regs who used to make a fair bit of money off league points but have now had that taken away and for those players who have no interest in playing live and being on TV. This is one of those 'you can't please all the people all the time' situations. Most people like the changes, but Chillie is one of those losing out. I've noticed that some other regs who always used to finish near the top of the leagues are playing much less these days, probably for the same reason that Chillie isn't happy. The TSP concept gets a thumbs up from me, but Chillie doesn't deserve to get flamed for not liking it.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

But you can, simply by allowing people to sell the place on the team.

Job done, everyones happy, and you will have a very competative TSP final.