You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chat Box abuse.

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat

Well , after playing on here for over 12 months  i suppose i had to find one eventually. This guy was a total nutter and was as offensive as any i have come across in over 7 years of on line play. From racist abuse to the usual die like your mum. Doesnt bother me a bit, in fact it was quite entertaining. Fortunately the rest of the table found it amusing and it did not upset anyone but i can never understand the mentality of these morons.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Yeah i dont know why people feel the need to talk like this, I would still contact Customer Support, and get them to deal with the person. I do if some one says stuff like 2hope you get aids and die" etc. Sick people out there.
  • edited April 2011

Glad to hear it didn't affect you or your game,these people are pond life and like you, it amuses me the more irate they become,in a cash game its almost like they are paying/whislt tilting for the privelige to swear at you,almost like a cuss box.Hope you beat them or knocked them out of the tourney.Dave

• edited April 2011

Totally agree

The Chat abuse recently is by those that put the last 3 letters into the word "CLASS"

They prob do it to try get an edge.

The Fa want a respect campaign in football, but ignore the big boys...........................lets hope, just cos a player is "well-known" that it doesnt give them reason to abuse other players

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Chat Box abuse.:
    Yeah i dont know why people feel the need to talk like this, I would still contact Customer Support, and get them to deal with the person. I do if some one says stuff like 2hope you get aids and die" etc. Sick people out there.
    Posted by shaun09
      Hi Shaun, i think i will do just that m8, then hope he gets chat banned and wind him up if i come across him again lol.
  • edited April 2011
    Glad to hear it didn't affect you or your game,these people are pond life and like you, it amuses me the more irate they become,in a cash game its almost like they are paying/whislt tilting for the privelige to swear at you,almost like a cuss box.Hope you beat them or knocked them out of the tourney.Dave
    Posted by Any2Suited
     He only started after he had been knocked out of the dym we were in and stuck around till it was over.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Chat Box abuse. :  He only started after he had been knocked out of the dym we were in and stuck around till it was over.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    The worst ones are the ones in MTTs that stick around and follow you throu the tournament onto other tables................still i guess it makes them proud and happy
  • edited April 2011
    As long as he lost , thats the main thing! when i 1st joined the site a few years ago and made maybe a questionable play at 2p/4p cash and ended up winning a £13 pot, i got no end of expletives and abuse calling me a fish. I agreed and asked them if they could show me a lower level i would leave the table ! but as this was the lowest level and i admitted being a fish suddenly there whole atitude changed??!! which was bizarre, and i ended up cashing out at £34 but because i had admitted i was a fish they all said happy goodbyes to me? Very Strange.
  • edited April 2011

chatbox abusers who follow you through the tournament onto different tables probably have mental health problems. 

i have found that typing in uppercase, "THEIRNAME = STALKER" on each occasion (and nothing more) is humiliating enough for them to self-regulate their behaviour.  it works very quickly.

• edited April 2011
    hello pomfrittes, you might remember a month or so back when I was on the receiving end of some horrible chat box abuse from 2 guys. I was so upset by their comments that I hit the "self-exclude" button in disgust.
    I, then couldn't play or access the forum for 30 days .... so it was me who lost out!!!
    I did report them but I don't know what the outcome was.
    I am pleased to say that I KNOW it won't affect me if it ever happens again, I will just put it down to their ignorance.
    Very pleased to be back  ^_^  Lorraine x
  • edited April 2011
    Totally agree The Chat abuse recently is by those that put the last 3 letters into the word "CLASS" They prob do it to try get an edge. The Fa want a respect campaign in football, but ignore the big boys...........................lets hope, just cos a player is "well-known" that it doesnt give them reason to abuse other players
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Yeah, maybe there is an R is class after all...[but Sky is so well-brought up they've asked me to remove my deliberately mis-spelled version before posting LOL!!]

I haven't come across it here (yet), but on a certain other well-known site (namely Full Tilt) some of the stuff that gets said is just astonishing.

They've introduce some sort of 'insta-ban' when stuff is spotted, but it's not spotted very often. I remember reporting one guy because he was saying things that shouldn't be allowed anywhere, and they told me he'd been banned for two weeks, as I remember. I'd hate to think that new players would get the idea that they have to put up with it.
  • edited April 2011
    Personally I love people who abuse me in the chatbox because more often than not this tells me that they are not very good players and that therefore I am geting value from these players and want to be playing them as much as possible.
  • edited April 2011
    Personally I love people who abuse me in the chatbox because more often than not this tells me that they are not very good players and that therefore I am geting value from these players and want to be playing them as much as possible.
    Posted by tempusfuge
    yeah, like you've got to an spt final table, huh?

• edited April 2011
    i dont know why these threads materialise every other month........... eveyone is supposed to be over 18 here........
    if you dont like abuse being said in chat just do 1 of these things....
    1 turn your chat off
    2 go to a different table (if playing cash)
    3 take no notice
    4 go snitch them up to customer care

• edited April 2011
    i dont know why these threads materialise every other month........... eveyone is supposed to be over 18 here........ if you dont like abuse being said in chat just do 1 of these things.... 1 turn your chat off 2 go to a different table (if playing cash) 3 take no notice 4 go snitch them up to customer care
    Posted by Time_Bomb
     And if you dont want to read these threads then dont. It doesnt bother me personally one iota , in fact i would agree with tempus in that i rather enjoy the company as they are usually poor players. I only posted really because it is such a rare occurrence on here compared to other sites i play on.
  • edited April 2011
    hello pomfrittes, you might remember a month or so back when I was on the receiving end of some horrible chat box abuse from 2 guys. I was so upset by their comments that I hit the "self-exclude" button in disgust. I, then couldn't play or access the forum for 30 days .... so it was me who lost out!!! I did report them but I don't know what the outcome was. I am pleased to say that I KNOW it won't affect me if it ever happens again, I will just put it down to their ignorance. Very pleased to be back  ^_^  Lorraine x
    Posted by yidette9
      Hi Lorraine, dont ever let them get to you. Just type lol as a reply and then ask if their parents know they are using the computer  usually works.
  • edited April 2011
    Hi there Pomftittes

Sky Poker take Chat Abuse very seriously,  Glad to see that you are able to take this on the chin and laugh it off.  However for some people it is very disturbing.

The next time, he may do it to someone who is less able to cope with it.  The decision is yours but I would ask that you give serious thought to reporting this individual to customer care

With regard to the post by Time_Bomb.   Yes we can turn off the Chat Box.....  but why should we, part of the pleasure that we find in this game is the social aspect.  To be forced to turn chat box off means that the abuser has won.  Not an option as far as I am concerned

Gl on the tables everyone 

• edited April 2011
    Hi there Pomftittes Sky Poker take Chat Abuse very seriously,  Glad to see that you are able to take this on the chin and laugh it off.  However for some people it is very disturbing. The next time, he may do it to someone who is less able to cope with it.  The decision is yours but I would ask that you give serious thought to reporting this individual to customer care With regard to the post by Time_Bomb.   Yes we can turn off the Chat Box.....  but why should we, part of the pleasure that we find in this game is the social aspect.  Turn be forced to turn chat box off means that the abuser has won.  Not an option as far as I am concerned Gl on the tables everyone    
    Posted by Mod_JockBM
    +1
  • edited April 2011
    A well known player was giving me some abuse last night as I had stacked him, I kept calm and stacked him again!

Happy days...............
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Chat Box abuse.:
     Well , after playing on here for over 12 months  i suppose i had to find one eventually. This guy was a total nutter and was as offensive as any i have come across in over 7 years of on line play. From racist abuse to the usual die like your mum. Doesnt bother me a bit, in fact it was quite entertaining. Fortunately the rest of the table found it amusing and it did not upset anyone but i can never understand the mentality of these morons.  
    Posted by pomfrittes
    i have this reply on my microsoft word,
     DON'T GIVE ME THAT, YOU SNOTTY-FACED HEAP OF PARROT DROPPINGS!    SHUT YOUR FESTERING GOB, YOU TI T! YOUR TYPE REALLY MAKES ME PUKE! YOU VACUOUS TOFFEE-NOSED
    MALODOROUS PERVERT!!!

very childish i know but fun all the same(it may acually get you chat banned though).

many thanks monty python"The argument clinic"

cheers,dave

• edited April 2011
    Hi there Pomftittes Sky Poker take Chat Abuse very seriously,  Glad to see that you are able to take this on the chin and laugh it off.  However for some people it is very disturbing. The next time, he may do it to someone who is less able to cope with it.  The decision is yours but I would ask that you give serious thought to reporting this individual to customer care With regard to the post by Time_Bomb.   Yes we can turn off the Chat Box.....  but why should we, part of the pleasure that we find in this game is the social aspect.  To be forced to turn chat box off means that the abuser has won.  Not an option as far as I am concerned Gl on the tables everyone    
    Posted by Mod_JockBM
    +2
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Chat Box abuse. :  And if you dont want to read these threads then dont. It doesnt bother me personally one iota , in fact i would agree with tempus in that i rather enjoy the company as they are usually poor players. I only posted really because it is such a rare occurrence on here compared to other sites i play on.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    so sad you even have to needle for a reply
    u got 1 
     lol grow. shape up and act ur age
  • edited April 2011
    is this another person looking for the comforting arm round the rock n boulder,its so sad that you have to put up a post about ur insults or could it be bad playn and you got what was coming to you,i dont no i was not there but come on m8ty we are adults play on kid take on the mickey finn.
  • edited April 2011
    A well known player was giving me some abuse last night as I had stacked him, I kept calm and stacked him again! Happy days...............
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Hey donkey that is exactly the right way to deal with these guys.
  • edited April 2011
    loada betty swollox  if u ask me
  • edited April 2011
    turn chat off its not hard really isit 
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by ginge999
    but y should we have to turn chat off?
  • edited April 2011
    if you dont like what people are saying then turn it off, if you can ignore it like an adult then keep it on
  • edited April 2011
    There is no need to spend time and effort soliciting personal abuse in the chat box-- I have opened a thread in area 51 for this very purpose, so feel free to come along and get some

It is a well known fact, that over confidence is one of the most dangerous traits in a poker players mind, so a regular dent in your ego could be all that is required to perfect your game-- innit
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by ginge999

Read my post as Mod_JockBM........

Why should we.  if we do, we let the abuser have an advantage by changing the terms by which we play the game.

Anyway so what if we can switch off the chat box.  Abuse is wrong,  End Of.  It cannot and will not be tolerated 

• edited April 2011
    lol @ the "ignore it" and "turn the chat off" comments.

Let's make it clear - we're not talking about players who drop the occasional F-bomb in the chat box.  We're talking about people who direct spiteful, vindictive and offensive remarks at their opponents.

Whatever their motivation, it's unacceptable.  No-one should have to tolerate or ignore it.  In a live game, the dealer would call the floor manager and the player would be removed from the table and possibly banned from the establishment.

Consider this: these abusers are...

a) not very bright
    b) rubbish at poker
    c) unhappy individuals

So, pity them.  And then report them to CC!!!