You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chat Box abuse.

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
     When players are abusive or cheat  Why not tell us how they have been dealt with ? ( Player ) Name and shame on the forum. That might shut them up. 

to Re: Chat Box abuse.:
    Hi there Pomftittes Sky Poker take Chat Abuse very seriously,  Glad to see that you are able to take this on the chin and laugh it off.  However for some people it is very disturbing. The next time, he may do it to someone who is less able to cope with it.  The decision is yours but I would ask that you give serious thought to reporting this individual to customer care With regard to the post by Time_Bomb.   Yes we can turn off the Chat Box.....  but why should we, part of the pleasure that we find in this game is the social aspect.  To be forced to turn chat box off means that the abuser has won.  Not an option as far as I am concerned Gl on the tables everyone    
    Posted by Mod_JockBM[/QUOT
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Chat Box abuse.:
     When players are abusive or cheat  Why not tell us how they have been dealt with ? ( Player ) Name and shame on the forum. That might shut them up.   
    Posted by tiercel

I appreciate your point Tiercel.  However like all situations in life there is always two sides to every story.  To allow players to name and shame other players could lead to opinions being formed about a player before all the facts are in.

Sky have put procedures in place to deal with these situations,  When you are a victim of abuse report it to Customer Care.

• edited April 2011
    lol @ the "ignore it" and "turn the chat off" comments. Let's make it clear - we're not talking about players who drop the occasional F-bomb in the chat box.  We're talking about people who direct spiteful, vindictive and offensive remarks at their opponents. Whatever their motivation, it's unacceptable.   No-one should have to tolerate or ignore it.  In a live game, the dealer would call the floor manager and the player would be removed from the table and possibly banned from the establishment. Consider this: these abusers are... a) not very bright b) rubbish at poker c) unhappy individuals So, pity them.  And then report them to CC!!!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    +1

• edited April 2011
    if sky was to bring in rules that racist abuse and other of its kind will end in being banned from the site problem solved i have been on the end of racist abuse and imo if the player was not banned from the site then sky have done nothing about it chat bans are just ignoring the problem SO TO SUM UP BAN THE FOOLS
  • edited April 2011
    Some people can shout racist/prejudice abuse at us................but someone please tell me why we can't type forest?? It keeps me awake at nights ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Some people can shout racist/prejudice abuse at us................but someone please tell me why we can't type forest?? It keeps me awake at nights ;)
    Posted by donkeyplop

It is short for Forest Gump which is a derogative term used against players who are two milk chocolates short of the box.

Hope this helps.....you donkey :)
  • edited April 2011
    Cheers mate I will sleep better tonight now :)
  • edited April 2011
    lol @ the "ignore it" and "turn the chat off" comments. Let's make it clear - we're not talking about players who drop the occasional F-bomb in the chat box.  We're talking about people who direct spiteful, vindictive and offensive remarks at their opponents. Whatever their motivation, it's unacceptable.   No-one should have to tolerate or ignore it.  In a live game, the dealer would call the floor manager and the player would be removed from the table and possibly banned from the establishment. Consider this: these abusers are... a) not very bright b) rubbish at poker c) unhappy individuals So, pity them.  And then report them to CC!!!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    +1