You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Golf - The Masters betting

edited April 2011 in Betting Chat
Here are my 5 tips for Augusta starting nxt Thursday

Martin Laird            74/1    £2 on each player
Ernie Els                 84/1  
Charles Scwartchel   129/1
Hunter Mahan         33/1
Francesco Molinari   79/1

=£10  not bad for a weekend of extra interest

I normally back all europeans bu thought I,d mix it up a bit this year and go for some proven PGA tour players and had to back The Big Easy as i,d only kick myself if he won it and couldnt resist at 84/1

How Tiger can still be fav is laughable and although Phil mickleson likes this course i just don,t think the value is there in such a big field where the imo the top 50 are a lot closer than they used to be

GL all who have a bet

ps - wasn,t sure about putting Quiros in but i don,t think his short game and putting will get him through and 1 more bet I may look at is R Karlsson at 159/1 - Don,t think he,s fulfilled his full potential and as for Mcclroy - he,s to hit and miss - cant see him hold it tohethor for 4 days

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Where did you put ur bet on?? cant find odds this good even on bet fair

Shaz
    xxx
  • edited April 2011
    backed: martin kaymer @ 20-1 on b'fair
                bubba watson @ 66-1 at a high st. firm (before the accenture matchplay)

laid: tiger woods & rory mcllroy

will sort the rest out once i seen the racing post,, gl all
    bob
  • edited April 2011

I'm gonna do a UKJOE here:

I have one BIG bet that I have already placed. And two longer shots that I have already placed bets for.

Back to me now, I will probably post on Sunday night when I get a chance to do my usual little write up on each pick.

Off out on the p*** now. Have a good nite guys and gals.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Golf - The Masters betting:
    I'm gonna do a UKJOE here: I have one BIG bet that I have already placed. And two longer shots that I have already placed bets for. Back to me now, I will probably post on Sunday night when I get a chance to do my usual little write up on each pick. Off out on the p*** now. Have a good nite guys and gals.
    Posted by splashies
    Noooooo you do realise you just jinxed yourself right??? doing a "UKJOE" you know when he does that he never ever ever ever wins???

Iv'e not even looked at the betting yet will wait to earl nxt week to have a proper look

• edited April 2011

justin rose @ 35's, he likes augusta and must hold a very decent chance

• edited April 2011
    Where did you put ur bet on?? cant find odds this good even on bet fair Shaz xxx
    Posted by shazallin
    It was on betfair yesterday

Having said that the odds may vary slightly depending on the current PGA tour event

For example F molinari had a nightmare round today and may drift slightly

i would advise getting the Racing post or looking at it in th bookies on Wednesday as all the prices from all the high st bookies will be in there - You can them compare them with Betfair

Ps - I,m not up to date with all this 3D stuff - Do i have to go out and buy the glasses and if so where do they sell them and andy idea how much they cost? 

PPs - just seen Aaron Baddeley on the leaderboard again - He seems to be up there for most events and as the course is supposed to be similar in some ways to Augusta I will probably have 1 more bet on him
  • edited April 2011
    I have heard that Nick Watney has a great chance and is bang on form at the moment.
  • edited April 2011
    Nick Watney 14/1
    £1 E/w
  • edited April 2011
    justin rose @ 35's, he likes augusta and must hold a very decent chance
    Posted by HAILHAIL88
    i agree - i just think he loses his bottle sometimes when he,s in front and with it being such a big tourney  - although he,s probably got a better chance coming from behind

• edited April 2011
    My 2 picks are Luke Donald @ 25/1 and K.J Choi @ 60/1
  • edited April 2011

My main pick for the Masters is Paul Casey @ 35/1. I feel this year will be the year when Casey wins his first major. He has only played 4 events on tour this season but managed top 20’s in 3 of them. He hasn’t played for a couple of weeks because he feels that the best preparation for this event is getting down to Augusta and getting in lots of practice. An important factor this week will be GIR and scrambling. Casey is currently 11th on tour in GIR, so gives himself plenty of birdie opportunities. Also, when he does miss the green, he is currently number 1 on tour this season in scrambling. If his putter is hot then this could be the time for the talented Englishman to break his major duck.

Two outside picks now:

Gary Woodland @ 175/1 has had a fine start to the season with 4 top 10’s and 1 win form 9 events. He hits it a bomb off the tee and is very confident with the putter. If he keeps the ball in play, he could go close this week.

Kevin Na @ 250/1 has one of the biggest ego’s on tour. He relishes playing in the big tournaments and would love to hit the big time by winning this week. He has a good putting stroke and is 14th on tour in scrambling, so will be confident around the greens.

I will have a couple more “special” bets before the tournament when the bookies put up these markets.

Good luck all.

EventPickOddsStakeResultProfitP/L

THE MASTERSPaul Casey 35/1£5 e/w  
    THE MASTERSGary Woodland175/1£3 e/w  
    THE MASTERSKevin Na250/1£1 e/w  
  • edited April 2011

if you can get evs or better on there being a hole in one over the 4 days take it.. there's always at least 1 as the par 3's aren't that long by today's standards.
    bob

• edited April 2011
    Really looking forward to the masters,i think Martin Laird has a great chance another i like is Justin Rose and Aaron Baddeley. I've also done a bet ew on Martin Laird to be top european at 20/1,which to me seems a big price for this market.
    The MastersMartin Laird66/1£5 e/w   
    The MastersAaron Baddeley55/1£2.5 e/w   
    The MastersJustin Rose25/1£2.5 e/w   
    The Masters(Top European)Martin Laird20/1£5 e/w   
    Good luck to everyone. Dave.
  • edited April 2011
    £5ew on both the molinaris
  • edited April 2011
    Love betting on the golf even though never played in me life.
    Backed 3 massive prices for bit of fun,Bo van pelt,Ryan Palmer and Jonathan Byrd all at 200/1
    Then backed Retief Goosen 55/1,Ian Poulter 55/1,Geoff Ogilvy 66/1.
    Finally my main bet is Phil Mickleson 9/1.I know i've backed 7 players but at least 3 wont make the cut prob and want a bit of interest come sunday hopefully.Backed Trevor Immelman when he won a few years ago at 150/1 so you never know.GL all 
  • edited April 2011
    steve stricker 50s alvaro quiros 125 you never know
  • edited April 2011

I want odds on an english winner

• edited April 2011
    I want odds on an english winner
    Posted by djblacke04
    oddschecker.com will have all available markets listed, my guessing would be 7/2 - 9/2 somewhere there maybe
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Golf - The Masters betting : oddschecker.com will have all available markets listed, my guessing would be 7/2 - 9/2 somewhere there maybe
    Posted by HAILHAIL88
    seen the odds and they rubbish so i have bet this...

BET PLACED SUCCESSFULLY SelectionOddsStakeReturns ?ReceiptMore
    Luke DonaldUS Masters Outright: Outright Winner20/1£1.00£21.00O/11442685/0000001
    Paul CaseyUS Masters Outright: Outright Winner35/1£1.00£36.00O/11442685/0000002
    Ian PoulterUS Masters Outright: Outright Winner50/1£1.00£51.00O/11442685/0000003
    Justin RoseUS Masters Outright: Outright Winner25/1£1.00£26.00O/11442685/0000004
    Angel CabreraUS Masters Outright: Outright Winner125/1£1.00£126.00O/11442685/0000005
    Robert KarlssonUS Masters Outright: Outright Winner125/1£1.00£126.00O/11442685/0000006
    Rory McIlroyUS Masters Outright: Outright Winner28/1£1.00£29.00O/11442685/0000007
    Rory SabbatiniUS Masters Outright: Outright Winner100/1£1.00£101.00O/11442685/0000008
    Trevor ImmelmanUS Masters Outright: Outright Winner90/1£1.00£91.00O/11442685/0000009
    Padraig Harrington

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Golf - The Masters betting : oddschecker.com will have all available markets listed, my guessing would be 7/2 - 9/2 somewhere there maybe
    Posted by HAILHAIL88

odds rubbish so i am going for outright winner...

heres my selections......

Luke Donald

Paul Casey

Ian Poulter

Justin Rose

Angel Cabrera

Robert Karlsson

Rory McIlroy

Rory Sabbatini

Trevor Immelman

Padraig Harrington last round charge...
  • edited April 2011

Love betting on the golf even though never played in me life. Backed 3 massive prices for bit of fun ,Bo van pelt,Ryan Palmer and Jonathan Byrd all at 200/1 Then backed Retief Goosen 55/1,Ian Poulter 55/1,Geoff Ogilvy 66/1. Finally my main bet is Phil Mickleson 9/1. I know i've backed 7 players but at least 3 wont make the cut prob and want a bit of interest come sunday hopefully.Backed Trevor Immelman when he won a few years ago at 150/1 so you never know.GL all 
    Posted by jackda

i iknow what u mean

when you look down the field you can make a case for every player

At the open 3 or 4  years ago at Birkdale I started putting bets on a few weeks early and by the time it started I had bet on 17 players - Still didn,t win - my main bet was Poulter.

Still remember ( I went on the sunday) a few holes from the finish and he,d been creeping up, then took the lead and was on a par 5 (15th or 16th i think). He hit it a few yards short of being a gr8 shot and instead of a possible eagle , parred it  - No sooner was his name being put on top of the leaderboard it was off again 2 minutes later
    looking back the way Padraig Harrington finished the last few holes he was always gonna win it tho

Looking at all the bets above ,someones got to win - surely

My final 2 bets are  :    A baddely £2   69/1
                                             p casey   £2     36/1   

• edited April 2011

also dont know about anyone else,but i just used SKY BET as it easier and linked to my poker account..

and if harrington wins ill buy you all a drink...
  • edited April 2011
    Ok here goes , these won't win now.

1 uk =Justin Rose 33-1 mbeen close before and no reason he cant go close again.
    1 american = Rickie Fowler 66-1 wont be long before he gets Major, lets hope its this one
    1 other = Camilio Vilegas 175 -1, always do him, got to win something one of these days LOL
  • edited April 2011
    For what its worth I will put up what I have backed on the exchanges:

Justin Rose
    Eduardo Molinari
    Alviro Quiros
    D A Points
    Stewart Cink

Hopefully they will all have a good 1st round or 2 so I can trade out at some point
  • edited April 2011
    For what its worth I will put up what I have backed on the exchanges: Justin Rose Eduardo Molinari Alviro Quiros D A Points Stewart Cink Hopefully they will all have a good 1st round or 2 so I can trade out at some point
    Posted by TheDent
    Had one more bet on Mike wier at 609/1 with that in mind
  • edited April 2011

Having seen the tea times yesterday, and alot of the big players are t-ing off at 3/4pm UK time, I'm really disappointed that skys coverage doesn't start until 7pm

All this build up too, I'd have thought they'd want to show as much live stuff as possible.

:(
  • edited April 2011
    Having seen the tea times yesterday, and alot of the big players are t-ing off at 3/4pm UK time, I'm really disappointed that skys coverage doesn't start until 7pm All this build up too, I'd have thought they'd want to show as much live stuff as possible. :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You can watch Amen corner on the red button from about 3pm i think. That is holes 11 12 and 13 i think.
  • edited April 2011
    Ok had one final bet. Paul Casey to be top Englishman and Adam Scott to be top Australian.

The double pays 26/1.

I also may put a bet on for the Par 3 comp tonight. I fancy Mark Wilson @ 66/1. But the problem is, only 1 bookmaker has a market for this and they are only paying top 3 places. So no value in it at the minute. Will keep an eye out to see if others offer this market.

To recap my bets.
    THE MASTERSPaul Casey 35/1£5 e/w  
    THE MASTERSGary Woodland175/1£3 e/w  
    THE MASTERSKevin Na250/1£1 e/w  
    Top Eng + Top AusP.Casey + A.Scott26/1£5 win  
  • edited April 2011
    Agree with Dohhh about the coverage starting at 7pm, although I think it may be something to do with the american broadcasters as this always seems to happen at the masters

You can watch amen corner on the red button, but personally I,ll be looking for a live feed somewhere on the net as it will take a while for the starters to reach there - did it last year and had some good banter with the Americans watching

If anyone else can find a live feed is it ok mods for them to post it on here so we can all watch?

My very very last bet £2 on Ian Poulter as someone just said on sky sports he,ll be furious at his long odds  and he was looking good in practise apparantly

Ps - Does anyone have any weather updates which might give the early/late starters any advantages? I know they have a lot of thunder storms there ( one took a tree down the other day)
  • edited April 2011
    Thought id already posted my bets on here but guess not, so here goes

Dustin Johnson 28/1 - Massive hitter can cash in on the par fives. Great record in the majors.

Nick Watney 18/1 -
    Was already on the radar based on Augusta record. Now a must bet after his stellar play in 2011.

Jonathan Byrd 175/1 -
    Two wins in last six months, Augusta resident and was eighth on his debut here.

Angel Cabrera 125/1 -
    2009 winner simply loves Augusta so is worth a play at 100/1+.

Tim Clark 150/1 - Just cus I always back him.

Also gone for

Adam Scott top Australian 9/2 and Rory Sabbatini top South African 11/2