You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Golf - The Masters betting

Comments

• edited April 2011
    done these on the way home off the top of my head...gut feeling really gl everyone with there picks

bubba watson 1ew @ 40/1
    kj choi   1ew @ 66/1
    s.garcia 2ew  @ 80/1
    e.molinari  @ 150/1
  • edited April 2011
    Hope the par 3 is nothing to go by - no players backed in first 3 pages

last bets  - k na - £2 48/1 - top 5
                    Ishikawa  £2 49/1 Top 5
                    Woodland 32 28/1  Top 5  - copying that of you splashies

just got a feeling a J ap might do it after the earthquake thing , plus Ishikawa is giving away  all prize money for the year  -

v, last bet   £2 S Appleby to win  at 299/1
                      £2 ishikawa to win   279/1
                      £2.50  on Ian poulter to win at 69/1
                       £2  on Y.e wan g    119/1

I think most of the field on this thread have been covered

GL everyone

• edited April 2011
    5£ e way steve stricker 50s 2£e way charl schwarzel 2£ e way martin laird 66s gone off quiros
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Golf - The Masters betting:
    Ok here goes , these won't win now. 1 uk =Justin Rose 33-1 mbeen close before and no reason he cant go close again. 1 american = Rickie Fowler 66-1 wont be long before he gets Major, lets hope its this one 1 other = Camilio Vilegas 175 -1, always do him, got to win something one of these days LOL
    Posted by vaigret
    like you 1 brit 1 yank 1 a n other
  • edited April 2011
    I can't believe more of you havnt gone for my pick , rory mcilroy!!

I am feeling smug right now with odds of 28/1 and hes clubhouse leader wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • edited April 2011
    Hope the par 3 is nothing to go by - no players backed in first 3 pages last bets  - k na - £2 48/1 - top 5                 Ishikawa  £2 49/1 Top 5                 Woodland 32 28/1  Top 5  - copying that of you splashies just got a feeling a J ap might do it after the earthquake thing , plus Ishikawa is giving away  all prize money for the year  - v, last bet   £2 S Appleby to win  at 299/1                   £2 ishikawa to win   279/1                   £2.50  on Ian poulter to win at 69/1                    £2  on Y.e wan g    119/1 I think most of the field on this thread have been covered GL everyone                    
    Posted by MP33
    i was feeling also feeling pretty smug until i,ve just realised the above highlighted bets  wermt acepted _ I,m not sure what happened if yang wins I will be fuming

Did have an in play bet after A Quiros got his 1st birdie  £2 at 89/1  - 4 under now and with some good weather early tommorow he could go really well
  • edited April 2011
    I can't believe more of you havnt gone for my pick , rory mcilroy!! I am feeling smug right now with odds of 28/1 and hes clubhouse leader wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Posted by donkeyplop

erm maybe you didnt see my post...

i have rory at 28-1 for a pound....

but it is still early watch out for immelman,and angel...:)

• edited April 2011
    K.J Choi looking good, 5 under, @ 66/1 !!!!

I've slept thru most of it though so have no idea how Donald is getting on.

• edited April 2011
    Hope the par 3 is nothing to go by - no players backed in first 3 pages last bets  - k na - £2 48/1 - top 5                 Ishikawa  £2 49/1 Top 5                 Woodland £2 28/1  Top 5  - copying that of you splashies just got a feeling a J ap might do it after the earthquake thing , plus Ishikawa is giving away  all prize money for the year  - v, last bet   £2 S Appleby to win  at 299/1                   £2 ishikawa to win   279/1                   £2.50  on Ian poulter to win at 69/1                    £2  on Y.e wan g    119/1 I think most of the field on this thread have been covered GL everyone                    
    Posted by MP33
    Nice tip Splashies - Gr8 comeback - looks so calm as well

got 5 players on 3 under or better - early days tho

CMON QUIROS
  • edited April 2011
    K.J Choi looking good, 5 under, @ 66/1 !!!! I've slept thru most of it though so have no idea how Donald is getting on.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Was 3 over - finished even par
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Golf - The Masters betting : Nice tip Splashies - Gr8 comeback - looks so calm as well got 5 players on 3 under or better - early days tho CMON QUIROS
    Posted by MP33
    Your welcome, lets hope he keeps it up. He has got a great game, i love the way he just bombs his tee shots down the middle of the fairways, bends down picks up the tee and doesnt watch where its going!

To finish -6 thru the last 6 holes was a great effort, especially being in the last group of the day.

I think scoring will be a lot harder today because I expect them to tuck away the pin positions today. So no 65's today I don't think. Will be great viewing!
  • edited April 2011
    alvaro quiros woe is me
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Golf - The Masters betting : i was feeling also feeling pretty smug until i,ve just realised the above highlighted bets  wermt acepted _ I,m not sure what happened if yang wins I will be fuming Did have an in play bet after A Quiros got his 1st birdie  £2 at 89/1  - 4 under now and with some good weather early tommorow he could go really well
    Posted by MP33
    the early startes should get an advantage as the wind is due to pick up - Thats why Ihad £2 on Ricky barnes last night. Even after he finished at 4 under he was still 54/1

I,ve got a really bad feeling yang is is gonna win it as that was one of 3 bets which for some reson did,nt get accepted - i was cheering him on as well yestrerday until i checked my bets again and now he,s leading
  • edited April 2011
    alvaro quiros woe is me
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    Huge hitter from spain - not the best short game but his putting yesterday was excellent
  • edited April 2011
    go go go K J !!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    How much u got on?
  • edited April 2011
    Thought id already posted my bets on here but guess not, so here goes Dustin Johnson 28/1 - Massive hitter can cash in on the par fives. Great record in the majors. Nick Watney 18/1 - Was already on the radar based on Augusta record. Now a must bet after his stellar play in 2011. Jonathan Byrd 175/1 - Two wins in last six months, Augusta resident and was eighth on his debut here. Angel Cabrera 125/1 - 2009 winner simply loves Augusta so is worth a play at 100/1+. Tim Clark 150/1 - Just cus I always back him. Also gone for Adam Scott top Australian 9/2 and Rory Sabbatini top South African 11/2
    Posted by shazallin

Come On Cabrera, can see Rory getting of to a bad start today then blowing up under the pressure, Cabrera currently tied 2nd can take advantage!
  • edited April 2011
    Ok so my picks are out of it AGAIN.

I'm using my FREE £10 BET from the naps competition on Charl Schwartzel to win W/O McIlroy @ 6/1.

Also put £5 e/w on Schwartzel @ 14/1. 1/5 odds paid for top 3.

I can see Rory having a tough time today.
  • edited April 2011

ok i have 3 out of top 4..... from day 1........and typical....the one i aint got is running like god..

• edited April 2011
    iI think if rory could walk of the course right now,he'd  sprint...
  • edited April 2011
    such ashame for rory...

thought woods was gona take it down but left it too late it seems!

3 aussies to possibly take it down. anybodys game tbh
  • edited April 2011
    WD MP33 

cant believe i had the other three at turn of last round.....
  • edited April 2011
    Ok so my picks are out of it AGAIN. I'm using my FREE £10 BET from the naps competition on Charl Schwartzel to win W/O McIlroy @ 6/1. Also put £5 e/w on Schwartzel @ 14/1. 1/5 odds paid for top 3. I can see Rory having a tough time today.
    Posted by splashies
    nice bets well done
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Golf - The Masters betting:
    Here are my 5 tips for Augusta starting nxt Thursday Martin Laird            74/1    £2 on each player Ernie Els                 84/1   Charles Scwartchel   129/1 Hunter Mahan         33/1 Francesco Molinari   79/1 =£10  not bad for a weekend of extra interest I normally back all europeans bu thought I,d mix it up a bit this year and go for some proven PGA tour players and had to back The Big Easy as i,d only kick myself if he won it and couldnt resist at 84/1 How Tiger can still be fav is laughable and although Phil mickleson likes this course i just don,t think the value is there in such a big field where the imo the top 50 are a lot closer than they used to be GL all who have a bet ps - wasn,t sure about putting Quiros in but i don,t think his short game and putting will get him through and 1 more bet I may look at is R Karlsson at 159/1 - Don,t think he,s fulfilled his full potential and as for Mcclroy - he,s to hit and miss - cant see him hold it tohethor for 4 days
    Posted by MP33
    Cheers - Thought he,d blown it towards the end when scott went ahead 
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Golf - The Masters betting : Cheers - Thought he,d blown it towards the end when scott went ahead 
    Posted by MP33
    Well done mate.... thought he had a chance at the start of the tourney but never backed him..... story of my life...lol..
  • edited April 2011
    Nice bets splashies and mp33 well done he left it late,thought adam scott had nearly sealed it.
  • edited April 2011
    What an enthralling last day !!!

One of the best sporting events I've witnessed in my lifetime.

Had 3 guys in the mix going into the final day, all fell away, but would have happily paid my stake money to watch!

WD everyone who had winners.

Mcilroy 1k e/w nxt major! He will be much better for this!!!!!

On to the snooker...............................
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Golf - The Masters betting : Come On Cabrera, can see Rory getting of to a bad start today then blowing up under the pressure, Cabrera currently tied 2nd can take advantage!
    Posted by shazallin

Welll i was spot on about Rory, just a shame cabrera couldnt takle advantage, was gonig well after first 10 holes :(.....well done to splashies and mp3
  • edited April 2011
    What a final round that was and i finally won something. This puts me in profit for my golf bets now:
    EventPickOddsStakeResultProfitP/L
    WGC CadillacGraeme McDowell14/1£2 e/wT42-£4.00-£4.00
    WGC CadillacCharl Schwartzel28/1£2 e/wT24-£4.00-£8.00
    WGC Cadillac**Rory McIlroy**12/1£5 winT10-£5.00-£13.00
    Transitions ChampionshipRetief Goosen33/1£2 e/wT28-£4.00-£17.00
    Transitions ChampionshipJonathan Byrd45/1£2 e/wT20-£4.00-£21.00
    Sicilian OpenChris Wood22/1£2 e/wT34-£4.00-£25.00
    Sicilian OpenPaul Lawrie80/1£2 e/wT43-£4.00-£29.00
    Arnold Palmer InvitationalTiger Woods8/1£2 e/wT24-£4.00-£33.00
    Arnold Palmer InvitationalKevin Na66/1£2 e/wT30-£4.00-£37.00
    Open de AndaluciaJoost Luiten40/1£2 e/wT18-£4.00-£41.00
    Open de AndaluciaSoren Kjeldsen40/1£2 e/w62-£4.00-£45.00
    Open de Andalucia** Johan Edfors **15/2£5 win2-£5.00-£50.00
    Arnold Palmer Invitational** David Toms **33/1£3 e/wT3£1.60-£48.40
    Shell Houston OpenMatt Kuchar14/1£2 e/wT8-£4.00-£52.40
    Shell Houston OpenLee Westwood14/1£2 e/wT30-£4.00-£56.40
    Hassan TrophyJeppe Huldahl75/1£2 e/wMC-£4.00-£60.40
    Hassan TrophyChristian Nilsson45/1£2 e/wT74-£4.00-£64.40
    Hassan Trophy** Joost Luiten **14/1£2.50 e/wT11-£5.00-£69.40
    Shell Houston Open** Hunter Mahan **28/1£2.50 e/wT8-£5.00-£74.40
    THE MASTERSPaul Casey 35/1£5 e/wT38-£10.00-£84.40
    THE MASTERSGary Woodland175/1£3 e/wT24-£6.00-£90.40
    THE MASTERSKevin Na250/1£1 e/wMC-£2.00-£92.40
    Top Eng + Top AusP.Casey + A.Scott26/1£5 winLose-£5.00-£97.40
    Win W/O McIlroy** Charl Schwartzel **6/1FREE £101£60.00-£37.40
    THE MASTERS** Charl Schwartzel **14/1£5 e/w1£84.00£46.60
    ** In-Play Bet **
  • edited April 2011
    i only bet small stakes on golf and only majors schwartzel is one ialways back got him at 8os for a nice return