You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Satellites to UKIPTs and/or GUKPTs?

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Satellites to UKIPTs and/or GUKPTs?:
    In Response to Re: Satellites to UKIPTs and/or GUKPTs? : I'm afraid you are wrong on almost every count there, Donald. Those in favour of this proposal should ignore that Post in it's entirety. IF Sky Poker & the other party reach agreement (it's already agreed with Management, it just awaits Board approval), & IF Sky Poker take up their option to run satellites to Events on that Tour, Sky Poker players would be free to wear whatever apparel they so wish. Whether Sky Poker would ask/request that the players wear Sky Poker apparel has yet to be addressed, but the Tour would have no absolutely issues with that whatsoever. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    would i be allowed to wear ma Pink Suit !!
  • edited April 2011
    Like the idea, big yes from me.
  • edited April 2011
    Like the idea, big yes from me.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    thanks great !!

LOL
  • edited April 2011
    this is very interesting, especially as the sats to the GUKPT virtually never run on their online room.
    Posted by scotty77
    the sats were exclusie to blue s, but i think there was a change and any room on the ip network could run them
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Satellites to UKIPTs and/or GUKPTs? : I'm afraid you are wrong on almost every count there, Donald. Those in favour of this proposal should ignore that Post in it's entirety. IF Sky Poker & the other party reach agreement (it's already agreed with Management, it just awaits Board approval), & IF Sky Poker take up their option to run satellites to Events on that Tour, Sky Poker players would be free to wear whatever apparel they so wish. Whether Sky Poker would ask/request that the players wear Sky Poker apparel has yet to be addressed, but the Tour would have no absolutely issues with that whatsoever. 
    Posted by Tikay10

Tikay i actually replied to Browndogs post before i read the rest of the thread, Thanks for replying to me.

What i read was pactifically if you bought in direct via the pokerstars network for UKIPT Newcastle. Something which ive actually been saving up to do just for the experiance with little travel. I will be doing the same for UKIPT Edinburgh.

As you mentioned this never mentioned should anything be agreed between the tour and a different site. Infact i would support tour event sats comming from Sky as i prefer (as many do) Skys satelltie structure. I recently done a sat for UKIPT Cork and could get nothing but rebuys till the semi final heat.

The GUKPT i know very little about in honesty.

Again i do not know which tour sky are in talks with nor will i ask as its quite clear that may effect any end results or desisions.

I havent voted purley because i do think i have a big enough influence on this as i havent been playing here of late. However i support the idea of Sky having sats to these tours and i really would like to see it happening.
  • edited April 2011

Bump, & RAISE!

This idea moved a step - a big step - nearer reality today, watch this space.

It is now down to Sky Poker to move it forward, we have the green light, so we just gotta sort some itty-bitty legalities & details.

And if we do, then we'll see if we can all walk the walk as well as talk the talk. I mean, if we get this baby up & running, & there is a lack of interest from the players, who have supported it massively on this Thread, none of us will look too good.

Could be quite interesting, this.......more news soon.
  • edited April 2011
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  try and get it ready for GUKPT Walsall :-) .. It's close to me and its bank holiday weekend so no time off work... I will love you for ever...
  • edited April 2011
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  try and get it ready for GUKPT Walsall :-) .. It's close to me and its bank holiday weekend so no time off work... I will love you for ever...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    QFT.......
  • edited April 2011
    Been hunting about for sats into the Edinburgh UKIPT anyway so huge thumbs up to this one from me.

One question though : Would you get to keep the Sky Hoodie?
  • edited April 2011
    Bandidni, ask yourself this question. Who on earth would want a second-hand Sky hoodie?
  • edited April 2011
    Been hunting about for sats into the Edinburgh UKIPT anyway so huge thumbs up to this one from me. One question though : Would you get to keep the Sky Hoodie?
    Posted by bandini[/
    QUOTE]

I don't recall saying it would be for the UKIPT Tour........
  • edited April 2011
    Bandidni, ask yourself this question. Who on earth would want a second-hand Sky hoodie?
    Posted by Eyeman
    Depends who'd been wearing it ;-)

First: 20/5/2009
    Last: 8/4/2011

I don't recall saying it would be for the UKIPT Tour........
    Ahh...