You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Something for nothing, or just nothing?

Comments

• edited April 2011

in

good luck tonite to all going to luton

thanks for this great idea tikay

love the vegas idea as well

• edited April 2011

Gaining some ground now, thank you.

The Tweets will commence at about 8pm.

Just for the craic, I may describe my table companions using a little artistic licence. Be like people-watching via Twitter.

Look out for some odd descriptions.......hope none of them "follow me" on Twitter, I'll be so dead.
  • edited April 2011

Nice gesture young fella me lad.  Im in.
  • edited April 2011
    Excellent Gesture Tikay hope you run deep tonight, and i'm in
  • edited April 2011

Will someone be able to put all the runners on here in a table and have an LL for fun?

• edited April 2011
    hmmm thinking about this, even tho i cant play, is it worth dropping the 5.50 to gain entry into a possible 1k freeroll with less than 25 entrants???
  • edited April 2011
    Jeez...i was going to swerve playing tonight but the arm has been twisted! Thanks TK and obvious huge amounts of luck for tonight!
  • edited April 2011
    OK - Put me in Tikay.

Very best of luck at Luton - If they don't hand over the chips quickly then bore them with some train spotting jokes,,,,,,,,that should do the trick.
  • edited April 2011
    Im in, gl tikay :)
  • edited April 2011
    In please TK and good luck for Luton

As I'm not yet apt at the multi table thing, I will soley be trying to be a suvivor in the survior tonight, which I may or may not survive lol
  • edited April 2011

Thanks Guys, good luck to you playing the TOTTY, too.

If we must use the current vernacular, "let's do this thing". Err, How many times?

I'll be heading up there shortly.
  • edited April 2011
    In, Good luck Tikay - One Time
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Something for nothing, or just nothing?:
    In, Good luck Tikay - One Time
    Posted by callumtres
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh
  • edited April 2011
    I m in good luck TK
  • edited April 2011

Unfortunately, I won't be able to play in the TOTTY, but I just wanted to wish you good luck at Luton, Tikay - not that you'll need it of course!  This is a great gesture and deserves to be well supported. 

• edited April 2011

In

Good luck Tikay, great gesture...

I was going to head over to Luton and play tonight but only just got in from work and feel exhausted!!
  • edited April 2011
    Good luck Tikay

I'm in.
  • edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    I'm in. Run good Tikay
  • edited April 2011
    I'm in. Gl Tikay
  • edited April 2011
     ill play plz gl tk 2nite
  • edited April 2011

I'm in gl gl and please....DON'T let Edna get ya :-) xx
  • edited April 2011
    Great gesture Tikay.

Darich is in da house!!
  • edited April 2011

I iz in innit!

good luck tonight tikay, nice gesture you middle aged man you.

• edited April 2011
    Tsk. I got dragged into town and couldn't play the totty, forgot to cancel my reg, didn't even get a freeroll entry for my fiver. How dissapointing! Somewhat mitigated by the fact I got dragged to Aspers and came 4th/106 though :)

ul tikay, shame it didn't come off, but a good idea all the same. Next week?
  • edited April 2011
    Tsk. I got dragged into town and couldn't play the totty, forgot to cancel my reg, didn't even get a freeroll entry for my fiver. How dissapointing! Somewhat mitigated by the fact I got dragged to Aspers and came 4th/106 though :) ul tikay, shame it didn't come off, but a good idea all the same. Next week?
    Posted by DannyMcs
    Nice one - which Aspers do you play at?
  • edited April 2011
    Ta! Newcastle Aspers is my local.
  • edited April 2011

Afternoon.

The "experiment" went well. Well, when I say well.....

1) It never attracfted extra runners to the TOTTY.

2) I failed to cash at Luton.

3) So there will be no "Freeroll Freeroll", I'm afraid.

That apart, the plan worked perfectly.......

PS - Well done to all who Cashed in the TOTTY, & thanks for all the re-tweets & Twitter messages. I can't really reply to them all, there are scores of them, but thank you very much. I quite enjoyed doing the tweet updates, too, though I think I can do them better. All good practice, though.

Sadly, the notion that we could repeat the idea (players get a free a stake in me, & any cashes invested in a Community Freeroll) got knocked back by the Legal peeps yesterday, as, technically, it could be seen as "promoting overseas gambling", which is a big no-no, so that's that, it seems. I may still be able to do something, though, as long as it does not involve Sky Poker & I do it "privately". I'll be going out there early to play a few Deepstacks & stuff "on my own account", so maybe we can do something. We shall see.
  • edited April 2011

Ryan, aka Scotty77, was there, & he was going along nicely on my Table before he had a shocking 5 minutes, it was so bad he had to laugh. To be right, he took it like a proper bloke & just shrugged his shoulders & said "good luck all".

He had a pretty big stack, & made a tidy bet pre-flop, he never counted the chips, just stuck a big chunk in. Geezer behind him then jams - looked incrdibly strong, & Ryan sighed & said "guess I've been caught, but I'm pot-stuck, I call". Ryan had 9-9, geezer had A-Q, & the Q binked, so Scotty has done half his stack.

Now he has to get a move on, & he's Raising evey pot for fun, & mullering the Table, great to watch, too.

So, on his BB I think, he announces "RAISE", (he is in Seat 9), but unbenown to him, the geezer in Seat 1 has already shoved for what is almost all of Ryan's stack. Ryan's fault, he knows that, so he sighs & is forced to match the shover's bet. Shover had 8-8, Ryan had 10-5.......

As it happens, Ryan hit the Ten on the River, but by then, 8-8 man had housed up.

I went & played £2 £5 DC after, & Ryan played some Hold-Em Cash with the likes of Vinni & Claw75 from next door.

A good night.  
  • edited April 2011
    Afternoon. The "experiment" went well. Well, when I say well..... 1) It never attracfted extra runners to the TOTTY. 2) I failed to cash at Luton. 3) So there will be no "Freeroll Freeroll", I'm afraid. That apart, the plan worked perfectly....... PS - Well done to all who Cashed in the TOTTY, & thanks for all the re-tweets & Twitter messages. I can't really reply to them all, there are scores of them, but thank you very much. I quite enjoyed doing the tweet updates, too, though I think I can do them better. All good practice, though. Sadly, the notion that we could repeat the idea (players get a free a stake in me, & any cashes invested in a Community Freeroll) got knocked back by the Legal peeps yesterday, as, technically, it could be seen as "promoting overseas gambling", which is a big no-no, so that's that, it seems. I may still be able to do something, though, as long as it does not involve Sky Poker & I do it "privately". I'll be going out there early to play a few Deepstacks & stuff "on my own account", so maybe we can do something. We shall see.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I thought it was a great idea and given one more days notice I think you would have drummed up a lot more interest.  I would have definitely have played had I realised but on a Friday I get home from work pretty late, sort out dinner and then jump into a tournament.  By that time it was too late to enter and I expect a lot of people are in a similar position.

As Ryan said "is it worth dropping the £5.50 to gain entry into a possible 1k freeroll with less than 25 entrants?"

Yes! Even if you couldn't play in the tournament!

Promoting overseas gambling, it was Luton not the IOW surely? ;-)