You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Something for nothing, or just nothing?

13»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Luton may as well be a different country. In fact it may as well be a different planet.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Something for nothing, or just nothing?:
    In Response to Re: Something for nothing, or just nothing? : I thought it was a great idea and given one more days notice I think you would have drummed up a lot more interest.  I would have definitely have played had I realised but on a Friday I get home from work pretty late, sort out dinner and then jump into a tournament.  By that time it was too late to enter and I expect a lot of people are in a similar position. As Ryan said "is it worth dropping the £5.50 to gain entry into a possible 1k freeroll with less than 25 entrants?" Yes! Even if you couldn't play in the tournament! Promoting overseas gambling, it was Luton not the IOW surely? ;-)
    Posted by Machka
    Thanks Aaron.

I missed a vital piece of info out - I was referring to using that "plan" In Vegas, hence the ""no-no" from the Legal peeps.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Something for nothing, or just nothing? : Thanks Aaron. I missed a vital piece of info out - I was referring to using that "plan" In Vegas, hence the ""no-no" from the Legal peeps.
    Posted by Tikay10

so basically if you play as you and not under a 'company' our plan can be successful ?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Something for nothing, or just nothing? : so basically if you play as you and not under a 'company' our plan can be successful ?
    Posted by delaney09
    Pretty much, yes.

I'm still keen to pursue the idea, & I'm sure we'll work something out.

I'll be in Vegas for 2 weeks before the Sky Poker Team arrive, so it'd be good to rev up some Vegas interest ahead of that. 
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Something for nothing, or just nothing? : Pretty much, yes. I'm still keen to pursue the idea, & I'm sure we'll work something out. I'll be in Vegas for 2 weeks before the Sky Poker Team arrive, so it'd be good to rev up some Vegas interest ahead of that. 
    Posted by Tikay10

time for me to get a job cant miss out on some action
  • edited April 2011
    yeah that hand was lol...oh well lesson learnt will pay more attention in future.

did ok on cash.  200bi and was down to 90.  then Vinni doubled me up, but as you know, thats not exactly difficult :p 

then won a few small pots and had like 320-350

find KK and raise 11....Vinni calls and BTN 3bets to 61.  I think for a bit and 4bet to 160.  He 5bet jams putting me all in.

K 3 4 4 T board.

he had 84hh.  thankfully no AA for me that time.

villain in hand was a 19/20 year old kid.  whenever I've played him on cash before hes always shortstacked for 50/100....however recently he had a bink in some tournie.  one result going to a teenages head...seems to happen a lot.

stood with 740 or so even with my tournie disaster still a nice profit.  tournie was won by that Tony guy, the one to my left on the first table we were on.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Something for nothing, or just nothing? : I thought it was a great idea and given one more days notice I think you would have drummed up a lot more interest.  I would have definitely have played had I realised but on a Friday I get home from work pretty late, sort out dinner and then jump into a tournament.  By that time it was too late to enter and I expect a lot of people are in a similar position. As Ryan said "is it worth dropping the £5.50 to gain entry into a possible 1k freeroll with less than 25 entrants?" Yes! Even if you couldn't play in the tournament! Promoting overseas gambling, it was Luton not the IOW surely? ;-)
    Posted by Machka

hey machka 

im from the isle of wight

proud to be english
  • edited April 2011
    im up for a bit of this ;-)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Something for nothing, or just nothing? :  hey machka   im from the isle of wight  proud to be english
    Posted by sara36dd08
    IOW is part of England?  And all these years I thought it was French, live and learn eh?

;-)