You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live on 865 with James, Tikay and Richard Ashby ***official show thread****

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    thanks alot guys!

Im nooooooot drunkkk ohnenst!

:)
  • edited April 2011
    h n 361807427.knew he got top hands.what would u do with this situation.call 900 and after turn fold.
  • edited April 2011
    guess what i got for my birthday!

yes a 2 outer...

gg me!

gl all loving the show!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on 865 with James, Tikay and Richard Ashby ***official show thread****:
    The Sky Poker Relations Manager seems to have forgotten that he'd previously stated that only the Mastercash tables are affected by the 200 BB deep change.  The Cash 300 tables remain 100 BB deep. See HERE .
    Posted by Machka
    Well done good spot, get them told and TK , say it on Air !!!
  • edited April 2011

always seem to go card dead in these main event tounaments and then when i get something this happens

Hand History #361814551

Have a good show and GL to evryone left

• edited April 2011
    Hi been playing on the site for a while now.  First time ive posted.

Just watching the show tonight.  With regards to Neil Channings exit hand.  He pushed all in with kq.  Would it not have been better putting a 3/4 x raise in and if he met resistance he clould have let it go? he still had 17 bigs.  Bit risky maybe?
  • edited April 2011
    Home Game Nightmare

I decided I would introduce some of the mates to the joy that is Poker.

A few of them brought some mates along that i didn't know.

Two of these unknowns arrived after a few swift ones in the pub,  more than a few actually

After about an hour of guys playing out of turn, stropps because they didn't take to well to losing on the river, explaining that they had lost a hand etc....  The two unknowns disappeared. After about 10 minutes I decided I would go and find them.  It was pretty easy to find them,  i just followed the trail of "Sick" out to my back garden.  Upon discovery of the two degenerates I found them smoking a rather dodgy substance in my back garden.

I kicked them out and after cleaning up their mess I returned to the table.  Needless to say I was less that pleased and berated the two "friends" that had brought them to my house.

I was so angry I decided that the "coaching" was over.  I played the game properly and after a few hours I had cleaned them all out.  They left in the wee small hours of the morning.

For the next 3 weeks my life was hell.  The wives of the guys I had invited had been speaking to my Mrs.  They thought it was not really on for me to invite their husbands to learn how to play Poker and take all their money

3 weeks of sleeping in the spare room.....  not fun.   Never had a home game again 

• edited April 2011
    James, was TommyD's home game nightmare from back when he was at University as I found that post of his.  I assume he's not about tonight.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on 865 with James, Tikay and Richard Ashby ***official show thread****:
    James, was TommyD's home game nightmare from back when he was at University as I found that post of his.  I assume he's not about tonight.
    Posted by Machka
    It involved his girlfriend beating him heads up and his mates revelling in the moment!
  • edited April 2011
    Many thanks for showing my set of 5s getting busted by 10s on the river. It wasn't any better 2nd time round! It's a little like watching your team lose on Match of the Day, and you sort of hope that the 2 outer won't hit on the replay (like hoping the opposing striker will suddenly cramp on the replay). Went out the very next hand. Ho hum, out before the cash, but actually won £60, so not all bad.

• edited April 2011
    Great show as usual and id like to know 2 things please

1). Quite concerned that TiKay had an email about me, is there any chance of letting me know what it was about, privately if possible cause I havent got a clue and I'm a little worried as well as surprised to hear it mentioned

2). I know what you have said in your analysis tonight but I was short stacked all the way through the £33 BH, I was never over 5k in chips and managed to finish 58th and in the cash, do you think (like I know think) BH do not suit my play, have I done well to last as long as I did so short stacked, should I just stick to regular tourneys???

Advice would be greatly appreciated
  • edited April 2011
    Hey James, tikay and Richard

This was posted on ask tikay by Coombesy, so have copied it to here: Hi Tikay Great Show , Hi to Rich and James, Just whats the worst bad beat youve had :)
  • edited April 2011
    Many thanks for showing my set of 5s getting busted by 10s on the river. It wasn't any better 2nd time round! It's a little like watching your team lose on Match of the Day, and you sort of hope that the 2 outer won't hit on the replay (like hoping the opposing striker will suddenly cramp on the replay). Went out the very next hand. Ho hum, out before the cash, but actually won £60, so not all bad.
    Posted by Eyeman
    Know how you feel eyeman - My 55 got busted by a 4 on the river, giving opponent a set as well
  • edited April 2011
    Question for Richard Ashby.

What is the most memorable/glamorous venue you have played at? Why was it so memorable?
  • edited April 2011
    can u ask richard who is MR Boogerz Nosebleed player was playing today with over 600k on 3 tables at 200/400 PLO never seen him before.... who would you say is the best PLO player currently online/offline and why ?
  • edited April 2011
    well Thank you TK for letting me know and I thank the person that has messaged you who thinks I'm an OK player, only been a player on here for a few months and its the only time Ive ever played for money, so still learning and still go so much to learn.
    I would never expect a seat and I will be trying my hardest to qualify for cardiff, thats my goal, Ive been off work for 3 years, suffer from panic attacks and struggle to leave the house so the only reason cardiff is so big for me is that its my goal to get me to do something out my comfort zone but its also to do something I love (at times when not getting bad beats).
    I think you can remember my 1st post on here about people 'sitting out' and it annoyed me, I was put straight then and learnt alot from this wonderful site and the decent, lovely people I have talked to via chat.
    I really hope I do get thru and see you in cardiff!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    Good evening gents,....loving the show as usual and I wish to direct these questions to all of you pls....but can I start with Richard................you have experienced many highs and unbelievable successes ........winning your WCOOP bracelet must have been a very proud moment but has there been any other game/hand or tournament that exceeded that for the andraline rush, if so, pls can you share that moment with us. 
    And has there been a hand or cash game that you lost and tilted you so much (and after allowing a period of time to take stock) which made you seriously consider giving the game up for good.        
  • edited April 2011
    TK
    great player leading the TSP ;o)
  • edited April 2011
    Great show btw......ur the master x
  • edited April 2011
    Gutted I didnt enter the tsp classic tonight, would loved to have played at the same table as my fav player 'The Raiser'!!!!
    Good Luck mate but if I ever get the chance to sit in your company, not so good luck!!!
  • edited April 2011
    great show guys great guest just wondering i have have a spare tenner in my pocket to put on a player to win a wsop bracelet any suggestions???
  • edited April 2011
    JUST like to say hi to  Chufty (Richard Ashby) from a old school player as well (LUTON) 
    Johnny Mac Sry came in really late but would love to see you back on sky poker more offen as I've agreed with everything you said.
    I manage to get into the 300 pound bounty so I hope that I will get to the final table for the old boys lol
    user name johnny1mac
    See you soon as I'm making a come back!
  • edited April 2011
    Just incase you wonder why 'the raiser' is my fave player, not disrespect to any others, when I watch his interviews and when he plays, he's so passionate about the game and the interview when he said about Durr, I agree, he lucks out so much, thats the problems with people I have seen play, they think they can play like durrr and they think thats the correct way to play, though im learning, my game is actually model my game on the way the raiser plays, solid, can be aggressive and doesnt take fools, great player, loads of respect for the guy
  • edited April 2011
    Great show guys, another great guest.

What a hand to finish on too.