You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Gidzo?

2»

Comments

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Gidzo?:
    In Response to Re: Gidzo? : For the sake of correctness, I must point out, Ed, like myself, is an Analyst, not a Presenter. There is a HUGE difference! The Presenter's job is far more skilled as to TV skills. Analysts are poker players who go on telly, Presenters are professional TV people.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sorry i assume u havent taken offence here just political correctness really, i just meant as a whole didnt want to get into the whole anlaysts/presenters etc

PS- your not too bad either tikay just messing with you
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Gidzo? : Sorry i assume u havent taken offence here just political correctness really, i just meant as a whole didnt want to get into the whole anlaysts/presenters etc PS- your not too bad either tikay just messing with you
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Taken offence? Good grief, no!

But it IS a very important difference, & few people seem to understand it, so I just thought I'd point it out again.

Presenters "Present", Ananysts analyse. BIG difference in skill levels.

The Presenters are the TV-savvy ones, they "drive" the Show, top & tail it, intros, outros, hard counts, take responsibility for hitting the various cues, work off Autocue (Analysts never use Autocue), help write the script, deliver the Promos, familiarise themself with the Running Order, decide when & when not to throw to, & from, the Guests &/or Analyst, da de da. 

The Analyst just sits there & waffles in between the Presenters spiel.

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Gidzo? : Taken offence? Good grief, no! But it IS a very important difference, & few people seem to understand it, so I just thought I'd point it out again. Presenters "Present", Ananysts analyse. BIG difference in skill levels. The Presenters are the TV-savvy ones, they "drive" the Show, top & tail it, intros, outros, hard counts, take responsibility for hitting the various cues, work off Autocue (Analysts never use Autocue), help write the script, deliver the Promos, familiarise themself with the Running Order, decide when & when not to throw to, & from, the Guests &/or Analyst, da de da.  The Analyst just sits there & waffles in between the Presenters spiel.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    For political correctness PTP Nights should also be known as PTA Nights then lol. Could be onto a good thing.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Gidzo? : So what is Richard Orford then...      Smillie shrugging shoulders 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Orford must be a "Presantylist" a new word for the dictionary maybe?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Gidzo? : Orford must be a "Presantylist" a new word for the dictionary maybe?
    Posted by POKERTREV

how about an analenter lol
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Gidzo? : Orford must be a "Presantylist" a new word for the dictionary maybe?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    A "Peasant-ist" more like.
  • edited May 2011
    A P-artist if you will.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Gidzo? : How many people checked out channel 856 lol???   .......Just me then ;p
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    I even switched from 865 to see what was on 856 but then quickly switched back to 965.

Erm, I mean 865.
  • edited May 2011
    965 is tops ;) no joke

more to the point whats the difference again no comprende :D
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Gidzo? : As the person in charge of the channel I would love to know where you gain this information as it is NOT correct! Ed has been filming a reality show in South Africa. This month we are trying a few new things and I hope to have Ed back on channel 856 soon
    Posted by Sky_Claire

No way - I thought tommy D was joking - Gotta see this
  • edited May 2011
    I heard it was 0898...
    Posted by Eyeman
    Your a bit out of date there Eyeman   - They,re 0906 now :)
  • edited May 2011

*****SMUTE*****

Gidzo would love that ;o)

xx

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Gidzo? : No way - I thought tommy D was joking - Gotta see this
    Posted by MP33
    I never joke about Christopher Biggins.
  • edited May 2011

was that ed's doppelganger on the show last night or was it the real deal?  whichever, it was good to see an ed lookalike back on the show.