You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Study partner

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Hi,

I'm looking for a DYM study parner for mutual progression and help.

I've decided to but more energy into these and play them as one of my main games. Im a winning player and have played several thousand dyms on other sites and have a decent handle on them.

To talk strategy, review sessions, icm talks etc.

Ideal parnter will already be a winning, competent player wanting to improve together and wanting to increase roi and move up steaks.

Probablies be using skype to talk strategy ect, and since Hand histories are a pain here it may be a good idea instead to make vids of play for swaping/review.

Kind of essential to be using wiz or at least be willing to start.

Send message if interested or with any questions.

Cheers.

Comments

• edited April 2011

Lol r u serious?

I can teach you how to beat them within 2/3 hours, thats with 5x 10 minute breaks.

No bother. 
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner:
    Lol r u serious? I can teach you how to beat them within 2/3 hours, thats with 5x 10 minute breaks. No bother. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Dam   I was going to quote your Sharkscope Stats at you.... But you are good  ;o(

• edited April 2011
    Hope you're not planning on playing the same DYM games with said new partner
  • edited April 2011
    Lol r u serious? I can teach you how to beat them within 2/3 hours, thats with 5x 10 minute breaks. No bother. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    teach me then, i need the money!
  • edited April 2011
    lol the o.p has lost his marbles.

I went from a novice to crushing within a 200 post thread on the forum, posted maybe 30 hands, over a 1 week period, and got feedback off 2/3 players. (prob 2/3 hours worth of posting overall, if that)

Once you know what to do, you know what to do. 

Just a case of doing it and putting the hours in. 

DYM's r all in the head!!! can ya handle the tilt????? Well can ya??? ;)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner : Dam   I was going to quote your Sharkscope Stats at you.... But you are good  ;o(
    Posted by JockBMW
    If you've filtered to dym only......you'll see I'm on super tilt!!! lol

Very apt phrase for dyms.
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Im very serious in finding a study parnter.
    I can beat them but thats not the point, the point is finding a study parnter who wants to study, talk stratagy swap sessions ect so as to improve. Pritty standard doh btw to talk stratagy and improve on your game with a study partner.
  • edited April 2011
    lol the o.p has lost his marbles. I went from a novice to crushing within a 200 post thread on the forum, posted maybe 30 hands, over a 1 week period, and got feedback off 2/3 players. (prob 2/3 hours worth of posting overall, if that) Once you know what to do, you know what to do.  Just a case of doing it and putting the hours in.  DYM's r all in the head!!! can ya handle the tilt????? Well can ya??? ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This is just arrogance as is your first post in this thread, if your not interested stop posting this self importance dribble
  • edited April 2011
    HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ok I'm interested. 

Can I join in and tell you what you already know plz? :)

I'll have to borrow your I.C.M handbook first, so I can learn some posh words.

Normal words would be easier though ;)
  • edited April 2011
    My advice is dont play them!

I did it for 3 months solid and i went insane

But if you want a few tips drop me a pm with any specific questions u have

Cash is a much better way to make money. Dyms are a very good way of not losing ANY money, but not making much either, unless you play the higher levels at times when there are a lot of bad players about.
  • edited April 2011
    HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Ok I'm interested.  Can I join in and tell you what you already know plz? :) I'll have to borrow your I.C.M handbook first, so I can learn some posh words. Normal words would be easier though ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    No you may not join.

Its funny again you mention icm as a posh word but its a super super standard concept in STTs if you dropped the I know everything and dont need to learn anything attidude you may learn that poker is continued and never ending learning and improving and that you dont know and wil never know everything and can ALWAYS improve regardless of your little 200 game stint to "crushing" 
  • edited April 2011

Well yeh It is arrogance, but I'm just trying to save u wasting ur time. 

And as for the ICM thing....I've used this comparison before, but can't hurt to use it again.

When I was a baby my Ma n Pa taught me to put one foot in front of the other and move forward.

I cracked it, and abit later, I found out I'd learnt to walk.

If they had looked at me and said "JJ walk!" I'da been clueless.

So just because I have no idea what ICM is, doesn't actually mean I don't know what it is, I prob know what it is, I just don't know it as ICM!

Pretty sure it's just making the correct decision all the time! ????

Btw, still working on the walking.....

Got to the bar and back once! Must have overdone it as I needed carrying home after ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Well yeh It is arrogance, but I'm just trying to save u wasting ur time.  And as for the ICM thing....I've used this comparison before, but can't hurt to use it again. When I was a baby my Ma n Pa taught me to put one foot in front of the other and move forward. I cracked it, and abit later, I found out I'd learnt to walk. If they had looked at me and said "JJ walk!" I'da been clueless. So just because I have no idea what ICM is, doesn't actually mean I don't know what it is, I prob know what it is, I just don't know it as ICM! Pretty sure it's just making the correct decision all the time! ???? Btw, still working on the walking..... Got to the bar and back once! Must have overdone it as I needed carrying home after ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You sir are an idiot
  • edited April 2011
    lol!

I reckon we shud have a dym challenge over x amount of games with a side bet.

You use ICM, I'll walk it

;)
  • edited April 2011
    lol! I reckon we shud have a dym challenge over x amount of games with a side bet. You use ICM, I'll walk it ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Whatever, state your terms.
    Was looking for a study partner not a sizing contest but your on nontheless, would give me some motivation to put in the hours.
  • ckdckd
    edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    I see dohhhh has made another new friend lol.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner : You sir are an idiot
    Posted by TWRAMYEP
    Hi

Please do not name call on the forum, it is one of the forum rules :) you can find these here should you wish to check
  • edited April 2011

I love this place :)

They should all have pull-strings dangling off their avatars.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner : Hi Please do not name call on the forum, it is one of the forum rules :) you can find these here  should you wish to check
    Posted by acebarry10
     and i had so many more :(
  • edited April 2011
    Doh, so whats your challenge proposel then, and for how much?
  • edited April 2011

I don't really wanna do a dym challenge ffs. do you???

Ugh...

I dunno, I played them for 3 weeks, my best day was 42/47 @ £11 £22 and £5.50 levels, (95% £11)

If you can beat that in 1 day, I pay you £300.

If you can't beat it in a single day, over a 3 week period, you pay me £600

You can play more than 47 if you like, but your win ratio needs to top mine, (%age wins) You can't play less. 

24 hour periods run from midnight 1 night until midnight the next night.

If you want more than 3 weeks, we can discuss the terms, but I'd need more money as u have more opportunity to beat me.

(u have to pay more coz u think I'm an i diot therefore it should be easy peasy for ya)

• edited April 2011
    I love this place :) They should all have pull-strings dangling off their avatars.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    HAHAHAHA Quality post, it's too easy to sometimes get a bite.
  • edited April 2011
    It's pretty standard to talk through stuff with friends or other players, just because it's dyms doesn't mean there's not still a huge amount to learn Doh. You pretty much turned his whole thread into a joke, considering he's actually serious about improving his game it's a bit harsh!

Saying that I'm not going to start playing dyms, but I'm sure there are a few competent players who might take you up on discussing some stuff.
  • edited April 2011
    I don't really wanna do a dym challenge ffs. do you??? Ugh... I dunno, I played them for 3 weeks, my best day was 42/47 @ £11 £22 and £5.50 levels, (95% £11) If you can beat that in 1 day, I pay you £300. If you can't beat it in a single day, over a 3 week period, you pay me £600 You can play more than 47 if you like, but your win ratio needs to top mine, (%age wins) You can't play less.  24 hour periods run from midnight 1 night until midnight the next night. If you want more than 3 weeks, we can discuss the terms, but I'd need more money as u have more opportunity to beat me. (u have to pay more coz u think I'm an i diot therefore it should be easy peasy for ya)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you mentioned the challenge not me and now your worming your way out of it. BTW what you have proposed is a joke, you went on a 47 game heater and you want me to beat it or something, can't really make sence of it apart from the obvious dribble. Youve played them for a couple of weeks, and make bold claims like your an expert at them, I say your not.
    This is how they really work in the land of reality, we arrange a number of games to be completed within a set amount of time from a predetermined start time, tracked my sharkscope.

I say we play 500 games starting from this Satuerday 9am to be completed within 3weeks all of £10. the winner is the one with the highest profit at the end of the 3 week period. Lets say for £500 which we put in trustworthy escrow.

What say ye?
  • edited April 2011
    Sharkscope probably isnt the best thing to use sometimes they miss tournaments/SNGS that you play and therefore can flaw final results.... you would need to reset all of your sharkscope stats at the beginning of the challenge and hope that sharkscope catch all 500 £10+1 DYMS from the exact day you start until the end of the period agreed on to get an accurate read at the end, but i do not believe there are any other sites that document sng results/profits/losses
  • edited April 2011
    If you enjor prolonged mental torture play DYM's. :)
  • edited April 2011
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!!! I suggest you play your own game and hope to meet on a table, life is to short to be arguing about poker and who's the best:

TYRAMYEP: My tip to you is don't compare Skypoker to other sites, If your raise is to high pre-flop you will get called not like other sites, so Keep your stakes low and you will double up. Try it and see.

Good luck to both of you.
  • edited April 2011
    Hey dude i would be interested drop me a pm 
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner : You sir are an idiot
    Posted by TWRAMYEP
    This made me LOL. Dohh bit wrong of you to come and derail the guys thread, up to him if he wants to improve his dym game.
      Not that your asking any persons advice but, seriously if you want to make some money then play some cash, hard to make decent money at dyms, plus does'nt really help you become a better poker player.