You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Study partner

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner:
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner : You sir are an idiot
    Posted by TWRAMYEP

kind of have to a agree with twramyep judgeing from what ive read
  • edited April 2011

I would undoubtably play hu with any of all oe anyyone on this site too ,I go with DOHHH here hes clued into it ,

Not saying Im the best on skypoker because I feel my game has weaknesses and has a lot of room for improvement and learning (even though i done 4 years on fulltilt and ap/ub.) against good quailty top players.

I  would play some good mtts coming up ,I dont enjoy cash on here much now but will continue to pursue my plo game among the mtts.  If anybody feels they want to bankroll a skint winchester lad with growing talent then I put it to you we play some hu or watever,..plo hu is always good !

incidentally phil helmuth  beat me with a 2 outer on the river on the final table in a comp on ub ! To say I was less than impressed is an understatement,..

Poker has boomed bigstyle in the last 10 years and people who think helmuth and others got no game left are sadly mistaken, just because his live cash results dont compare anywhere near his live tourney results has no real meaning tbh, live cash is just not his game ,put it this way its like oil and water when together they dont mix well.

Fact is Stuy unger holds the record for the best wsop outage no-end.

• edited April 2011
    Hey dude i would be interested drop me a pm 
    Posted by ginge999
     Sent
  • edited April 2011
    I would undoubtably play hu with any of all oe anyyone on this site too ,I go with DOHHH here hes clued into it , Not saying Im the best on skypoker because I feel my game has weaknesses and has a lot of room for improvement and learning (even though i done 4 years on fulltilt and ap/ub.) against good quailty top players. I  would play some good mtts coming up ,I dont enjoy cash on here much now but will continue to pursue my plo game among the mtts.  If anybody feels they want to bankroll a skint winchester lad with growing talent then I put it to you we play some hu or watever,..plo hu is always good ! incidentally phil helmuth  beat me with a 2 outer on the river on the final table in a comp on ub ! To say I was less than impressed is an understatement,.. Poker has boomed bigstyle in the last 10 years and people who think helmuth and others got no game left are sadly mistaken, just because his live cash results dont compare anywhere near his live tourney results has no real meaning tbh, live cash is just not his game ,put it this way its like oil and water when together they dont mix well. Fact is Stuy unger holds the record for the best wsop outage no-end.
    Posted by AJW1976
    I did enjoy our HU the other nite AJW, WP sir, & very ul with the AA really, when i turned 2 pair!!

Nice post too!!

I actually think The OP had placed a reasonable & sensible request, for a learning partner on a project, if I wasna working so hard to earn a real living [lol] at mo, i would be interested myself!! Good Luck anyway!

Go easy JJ, You have alot to offer people, and this site!!

Run good All !!

ps. think OP, TWRAM, can be forgiven the slight misdemeanor, as DOHHHH can forum tilt anybody, LOLOL, esp a relative new poster!! Gotta go, the UN need me to sort a small prob in Libya LOLOLOL
  • edited April 2011
    lol Dohhhh ftw :)

brilliant thread, unfortunately to much torture for me OP i had 3 days of playing solid which i done ok at £5.50 level but too much of a grind

AJW lol
  • edited April 2011

Yeh you caight me, I didn't expect you to agree to take me on, especially with me being an expert and you needing a study partner.

You are probably playing chicken with me hoping I blink first.

I have blinked. 

I would rather pay you the 500 quid to get out of playing 500 dyms in 3 weeks.

I apologise for messing the start of your thread up, I was just enjoying it too much to stop. Good luck in your quest. Check out my DYM thread in the clinic if you want some advice from a top top dym player on sky. Or if you and your study partner want some interesting spots to look at. 

Buy some stress balls, and run good. 

Thread back on track now .............

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner : Hi Please do not name call on the forum, it is one of the forum rules :) you can find these here  should you wish to check
    Posted by acebarry10
    How about a warning for doh since hes just admitted (see above) messing with OP, ie trolling.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner : How about a warning for doh since hes just admitted (see above) messing with OP, ie trolling.
    Posted by ciderhic
    I was only having a laugh dude.

I think the strongest thing I said was that he'd lost his marbles. 

I stand by that comment.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner : I was only having a laugh dude. I think the strongest thing I said was that he'd lost his marbles.  I stand by that comment.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you just cant stop can you?

• edited April 2011
    No I can't. 

Here's the link to the dym thread btw. Prob will be more helpful to you than anything else to come from this thread. 

All the hands posted are really tough spots (maybe first couple of pages r standard as I had no idea at the time)
    Most hands have reads/history/stack size considerations etc. 

Quality feedback from winning dym players on sky. 

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a2e4f51cb-c64c-449f-a843-8db9c5fe7283Forum%3a1c6aca1e-3fea-4914-8d99-3f30a0f01e50Discussion%3a354233e9-ab72-4d86-924c-49b742bbb463&plckCurrentPage=0
  • edited April 2011

Issue anyone wanting to issue Dohhhhhh with a warning with a warning for lacking a sense of humour

Lighten up people! Hes only messing about and he is not intending to cause any offence. Dohhhhhhh has helped me a great deal with my game and br management over the past couple of months. Hes a good guy, dont let him convince you he isnt!

• edited April 2011
    greghogg, dohhhh is indeed a good guy, and I am currently reading his thread

that said, he certainly has been an pain in the bottom on this thread.

love you dohhhh but behave!
  • edited April 2011
    "having a laugh" is approapriate at certain times. Not sure abusing the OP was the right time to have a laugh. The guy wanted to have someone who he can talk poker strategy with. Whats wrong with that?

DOHHHHH you make out your some big shot poker pro. Beating micro stakes fish is real tough..............NOT
  • edited April 2011
    Dohhhh + Hoggers ftw. Jesus, i cant keep up are you pair warring or lovers these days ????/

Certianly that thread Dohhhs linked to will be ideal for any DYM players though tbh.
  • edited April 2011
    "having a laugh" is approapriate at certain times. Not sure abusing the OP was the right time to have a laugh. The guy wanted to have someone who he can talk poker strategy with. Whats wrong with that? DOHHHHH you make out your some big shot poker pro. Beating micro stakes fish is real tough..............NOT
    Posted by 5toneFace
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

And thanx for agreeing with me. This is the message I've been trying to get over to the OP throughout this thread. It does help when you big boys back me up sometimes, only takes a 1 liner from you guys and they'll start believing me maybe.

Massive fail with the colour coding - the wiiiii is red. The rest is bloo.
  • edited April 2011
    LOL Poor ol Dohhhhh, poor fella canna do right for doin wrong!!

Gonna suggest a book....

"How to make friends & influence people".... then looked on back cover & JJ wrote it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

JJ !! I Loves ya man, such a shame when u express an honest opinion, so many want to jump down your throat, spose you got to be up there for people to want to shoot ya down !!!   [compliment, know feelin ]

Like he said people, thread should be back on track !!!

To be fair great debate started by the OP !!  Just a bit of boisterous 'post-sparring' goin on!!

Love to all, Stay Happy & Positive People!!!   X
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner : Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii And thanx for agreeing with me. This is the message I've been trying to get over to the OP throughout this thread. It does help when you big boys back me up sometimes, only takes a 1 liner from you guys and they'll start believing me maybe. Massive fail with the colour coding - the wiiiii is red. The rest is bloo.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If low level dym's are so easy why have you not gone for the record.There was and maybe still is a primo seat up for grabs?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner : If low level dym's are so easy why have you not gone for the record.There was and maybe still is a primo seat up for grabs?
    Posted by belsibub
    wasnt it dohhhh who donated the primo seat? or was that for something else?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner : If low level dym's are so easy why have you not gone for the record.There was and maybe still is a primo seat up for grabs?
    Posted by belsibub
    It's easy to know what the right thing to do in every situation is. And therefore you're gonna be a winning player.

But the nature of them means that a 20+ winning run is almost impossible!

You can play perfectly and lose 10 in a row. 

Beating them isn't easy coz of the mental battle/tilt issues you face as they are soul destroying and mind numbing. Knowing how to beat them is easy though and as I said earlier in the thread, can be learnt in 1/2 hours. 

I used to play a block of 10 games, play perfectly, and end up 5-5 or 6-4 up for tiny profit. I then looked in the lobby on a break and saw a fish waiting for a 20 HU turbo game.

I could quadrouple 90 mins profit within the space of 5 mins if I played and beat this guy.

It's all part of the mental battle. Nothing to do with poker really. 

------------------------------------

Anyway r.e the dym leaderboard challenge....

I did issue a challenge that if anyone got on the world record leaderboard I would personally buy them into the primo for a month.

For every month that went by that nobody cracked it, sky gave me a free 22 quid open seat.

Good deal I thought, but I never got a reply...... (I'd be 6 open seats up by now :(  )
  • edited April 2011
    ciderhic, who do u think u are? seriously dohhh is part of the furniture here so dont be a idiot and call for a warning. its obvious it was messing around from the of grow up
  • edited April 2011
    ciderhic, who do u think u are? seriously dohhh is part of the furniture here so dont be a idiot and call for a warning. its obvious it was messing around from the of grow up
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Quantity over quality, thats your argument.

Relax

Mods can u give young gun a warning please he called me an idiot? lol
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner : Quantity over quality, thats your argument. Relax Mods can u give young gun a warning please he called me an idiot? lol
    Posted by ciderhic
    ONLY IF HE'S WRONG.?
  • edited April 2011
    warning^^ for caps please
  • ybyb
    edited April 2011
    lol I'm sure dohh can fight his own battles, he's a big boy.

To the OP, gl if you find someone to help you out, I would seriously recommend some of the time you spend talking through cash hands as well together (starting at like 20nl/30nl), because you really will make a lot more money by becoming good in cash than you will by having a perfect game at DYM's.
  • edited April 2011
    it was only yest that trebor was saying the forum had gone flat. cue dohhh!!! ps could you answer my "4 bet question in clinic please jj"
  • edited April 2011
    lol I'm sure dohh can fight his own battles, he's a big boy. To the OP, gl if you find someone to help you out, I would seriously recommend some of the time you spend talking through cash hands as well together (starting at like 20nl/30nl), because you really will make a lot more money by becoming good in cash than you will by having a perfect game at DYM's.
    Posted by yb
    My bankroll confirms this after making the switch from 3 months of dym hell!

Ive made more in cash at 20nl mainly in 2 weeks than i did at dyms in 3 months!!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Study partner : My bankroll confirms this after making the switch from 3 months of dym hell! Ive made more in cash at 20nl mainly in 2 weeks than i did at dyms in 3 months!!!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    After months n months of teasing, patronisation (is this a word), and ridicule, you finally saw the light !!!

Wish u'd f o bak to dyms now tho ;) looooooool 

• edited April 2011
    Just read through all of this!

Dohhhhhhh was only making some funny analogies about the op, then everyone started having a go.