You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CONSTENTLY BAD BEATS AND 2 OUTERS

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ScalpRiver Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £16.79
Gunnarsten Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £21.08
  Your hole cards

S_I_T_H Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £20.89
RADAGAST Raise  £1.80 £2.70 £73.01
ScalpRiver Fold     
Gunnarsten Fold     
S_I_T_H Call  £1.20 £3.90 £19.69
Flop

• J

S_I_T_H Check     
RADAGAST Check     
Turn

• A

S_I_T_H Bet  £3.00 £6.90 £16.69
RADAGAST Call  £3.00 £9.90 £70.01
River

S_I_T_H Bet  £6.80 £16.70 £9.89
RADAGAST Raise  £13.60 £30.30 £56.41
S_I_T_H Call  £6.80 £37.10 £3.09
RADAGAST Show
  • A
  • A

S_I_T_H Muck

RADAGAST Win Three Aces £35.30

Comments

• edited April 2011
    its part of the game. its like footballers complaining when the get tackled!!
  • edited April 2011
    cant see the bet and stacksizes but you probably should be folding pre
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: CONSTENTLY BAD BEATS AND 2 OUTERS:
    its part of the game. its like footballers complaining when the get tackled!!
    Posted by pod1
    i know that, but when its been happening for the past week , big pairs cracked by sets everytime and jands like this. what am i to win thesae hands, 94% ?? i win these hands over pair vs overpair about 70% and thats no exageration. its rediculous
  • edited April 2011
    cant see the bet and stacksizes but you probably should be folding pre
    Posted by grantorino
    how should i be folding pre? no way there is. i know he has a big pair, its £1.20 more for me to call.
  • edited April 2011
    Your a constant regulary at the lower limits, winning, but have all of a sudden popped on the forum to have a groan? Deal with it or leave, simple.
  • edited April 2011
    question

Would YOU have laid down AA there?
  • edited April 2011

SORRY, I WAS THINKING THIS WAS MY AA V KK HAND WITH THE OVER PAIR VS OVERPAIR BIT I SAID

• edited April 2011
    question Would YOU have laid down AA there?
    Posted by scouse_red
    NO, NOT AT ALL. IM NOT ON ABOUT LAYING DOWN AA THERE, OFCOURSE NOT, BUT THATS NOT MY POINT. THE POST IS ALL ABOUT ME GETTING 2 OUTERD AFTER THE FLOP. AND NOT JUST IN THIS HAND THERE HAS BEEN LOADS OF HANDS LIKE IT OVER A FEW DAYS. THINGS THAT HAPPEN ONCE OUT OF A TEN, HAPPENING LIKE 4/5 TIMES OUT OF 10. CRAZY
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: CONSTENTLY BAD BEATS AND 2 OUTERS : how should i be folding pre? no way there is. i know he has a big pair, its £1.20 more for me to call.
    Posted by S_I_T_H
    Like I said it depends on stack sizes, but assuming 100BB deep readless I fold

You check fold lots
    You dont always stack him when you hit
    You sometimes hit a set and lose
  • edited April 2011
    ''it's been happening for the past week'
    Wow, really? Don't take up the game professionally, that's all i'm going to say. 
  • edited April 2011
    I think I ran my kk into your aa a few weeks ago and binked the king!

You seem a solid player, keep at it and you will make money................
  • edited April 2011
    HAHA, I AM DEALING WITH IT, I JUST WANT TO SEE IF OTHERS ARE IN SAME POSITION AS ME AND SEE IF I CAN GET SOME ADVICE TO EITHER KEEP PLAYING , TAKE A BREAK ETC.
  • edited April 2011
    Your a constant regulary at the lower limits, winning, but have all of a sudden popped on the forum to have a groan? Deal with it or leave, simple.
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    AND A CONSTENT REGULAR WINNING? IVE BEEN ON THIS SITE 3 WEEKS AND IM ABOUT 400 DOWN, IF IT WASNT FOR WELCOME BONUS I WOULD HAVE HAD TO HAVE STOPPED
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: CONSTENTLY BAD BEATS AND 2 OUTERS : Like I said it depends on stack sizes, but assuming 100BB deep readless I fold You check fold lots You dont always stack him when you hit You sometimes hit a set and lose
    Posted by grantorino
    I disagree, nearly everyone would call here, its 1.20 to call and he hits his set once every 7/8 times and presmuing other guy has AA or KK and will therefore prob stack off its like 1.20 x 7 = 8.40 but hes getting 20.00 wen he stacks him or 100bbs
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: CONSTENTLY BAD BEATS AND 2 OUTERS : Like I said it depends on stack sizes, but assuming 100BB deep readless I fold You check fold lots You dont always stack him when you hit You sometimes hit a set and lose
    Posted by grantorino
    OK , THANKS FOR HELP
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: CONSTENTLY BAD BEATS AND 2 OUTERS : AND A CONSTENT REGULAR WINNING? IVE BEEN ON THIS SITE 3 WEEKS AND IM ABOUT 400 DOWN, IF IT WASNT FOR WELCOME BONUS I WOULD HAVE HAD TO HAVE STOPPED
    Posted by S_I_T_H

lol everyone goes threw a bad run but if thats the case i suggest u lower the level ur playing at and learn more, losing 400 at 20nl isnt good
  • edited April 2011
    I think I ran my kk into your aa a few weeks ago and binked the king! You seem a solid player, keep at it and you will make money................
    Posted by donkeyplop
    I KNOW!, OKAY CHEERS DONKEY
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: CONSTENTLY BAD BEATS AND 2 OUTERS : lol everyone goes threw a bad run but if thats the case i suggest u lower the level ur playing at and learn more, losing 400 at 20nl isnt good
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    OKAY, THANKS FOR THE ADVICE BEN
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: CONSTENTLY BAD BEATS AND 2 OUTERS : I disagree, nearly everyone would call here, its 1.20 to call and he hits his set once every 7/8 times and presmuing other guy has AA or KK and will therefore prob stack off its like 1.20 x 7 = 8.40 but hes getting 20.00 wen he stacks him or 100bbs
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    Lots of people 3bet AK and QQ , some 3bet wider, some 3bet bluff sometimes (Not many in last 2 categories given positions)

They dont always stack off either, eg KK on a A high flop, missed AK. With reads it can be a call but readless I think its a fold 

Also as you can see above you dont win 100% of the time you flop a set
  • edited April 2011
    Hand posted isnt even a bad beat.  You get in dominated.  Get very lucky.  You check, guy gets lucky back for free).
  • edited April 2011
    Folding the 4's pre here would be madness @ 20/30nl. 

The hand is just a cooler. UL.

If this is consistantly happening there isn't alot you can do about it to be honest. Nobody can really help you............

If you post some hands that aren't as straight forward, where you maybe make a marginal call/fold, you'll get more/better help.

• edited April 2011
    Went in behind, came out behind.

I was in the same position as you mate over 2 months i analysed the percentage that i went in at, and it was 77% in my favour, i won 23% of them hands. This was out of a good 30 or so hands i went in ahead.

So what did i do?

Stopped playing for a good 2 months, Re-cooperate, find the love for the game again, and just focus on other things for a bit.
  • edited April 2011
    Folding the 4's pre here would be madness @ 20/30nl.Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    really? Are 3bet ranges that nitty? I cant see calling the 3bet being anything more than very marginally profitable, and I would think its probably -EV longterm
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: CONSTENTLY BAD BEATS AND 2 OUTERS : Lots of people 3bet AK and QQ , some 3bet wider, some 3bet bluff sometimes (Not many in last 2 categories given positions) They dont always stack off either, eg KK on a A high flop, missed AK. With reads it can be a call but readless I think its a fold  Also as you can see above you dont win 100% of the time you flop a set
    Posted by grantorino
    Normally yes, but this is 20nl
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: CONSTENTLY BAD BEATS AND 2 OUTERS : really? Are 3bet ranges that nitty? I cant see calling the 3bet being anything more than very marginally profitable, and I would think its probably -EV longterm
    Posted by grantorino
    everytime I flop a set, mentally I have doubled up. 

I actually quite like been 3bet when I've opened 22-88, especially if I've been called in 1/2 spots before the guy 3 bets.

You're prob right higher up the limits, but if you flop a set at 20/30nl in a 3bet pot, you double up.

:)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: CONSTENTLY BAD BEATS AND 2 OUTERS : everytime I flop a set, mentally I have doubled up.  I actually quite like been 3bet when I've opened 22-88, especially if I've been called in 1/2 spots before the guy 3 bets. You're prob right higher up the limits, but if you flop a set at 20/30nl in a 3bet pot, you double up. :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Obv if its likely to be multiway this changes things. Betsizing and stacksizes clearly have an effect too

Bit surprised you think you double thru 100% of time u flop a set, if its true then call pre 100BB deep all day
  • edited April 2011

i think 44 is defo a fold.you know your not ahead pre so just muck it and move on.grantorinos hit the nail on the head.i wouldnt listen to advice off anyone called "crazy" ben.

• edited April 2011
    Went in behind, came out behind. I was in the same position as you mate over 2 months i analysed the percentage that i went in at, and it was 77% in my favour, i won 23% of them hands. This was out of a good 30 or so hands i went in ahead. So what did i do? Stopped playing for a good 2 months, Re-cooperate, find the love for the game again, and just focus on other things for a bit.
    Posted by HartshorN
    OK CHEERS DUDE.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm 1000000% with doh on this, if you people stop being morons for a min its obv wwe are right, and lol at dirtydolla, first post i see... prob the worst post ull ever make, folding if ur behind pre lolol ok u keep playin like that dude
  • edited April 2011
    I'm 1000000% with doh on this, if you people stop being morons for a min its obv wwe are right, and lol at dirtydolla, first post i see... prob the worst post ull ever make, folding if ur behind pre lolol ok u keep playin like that dude
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    Im not a moron just because I disagree with you. And its far from obvious you are right. There are situations where you can call a 3bet OOP with small pocket pairs, but I think people in this thread are overestimating their implied odds