You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CONSTENTLY BAD BEATS AND 2 OUTERS

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    im with you and dohh on this, you cant fold pre, mind you dirty can play!!
  • edited April 2011
    Ofc there are situations were u can folding PP's. higher up for example people wont even stack off with AA/KK and 3bet much wider, but to fold in this situation is just a no-no.
  • edited April 2011
    HA HA benny boy, keep biting you lil dumb fish.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: CONSTENTLY BAD BEATS AND 2 OUTERS:
    In Response to Re: CONSTENTLY BAD BEATS AND 2 OUTERS : Im not a moron just because I disagree with you. And its far from obvious you are right. There are situations where you can call a 3bet OOP with small pocket pairs, but I think people in this thread are overestimating their implied odds
    Posted by grantorino
    i dont think its a mistake to fold small PPs to 3 bets oop but i would agree that its a bit closer at these stakes
  • edited April 2011
    3bet set mining is sooo bad, u BOTH need to be at least 170+bb's deep to do this profitably...im with grantorino on this...the rest of you have big leaks in your game

u (and villain) need at least 15-16x the raise amount for the implied odds for it to be EV+ and pray that villain is an uber-nit/donk that gets married to his hand

even if his 3bet range is so polarised i.e KK-AA (which is absurd) 

he aint gonna stack off on... 

monochrome board
    co-ordinated board ( 8-10-J) or (5-7-8) etc...
    A high flop when he has KK
    that third heart comes on the turn etc...
    PLUS we lose the times he has set over set
    or he makes runner runner str8/flush or someshit

also u need to consider are u closing the action?
    and remember ur only playing for 95% of villains stack (rake)

*sigh* heads up 100bb's deep this is so bad, multi-way, its a small 3bet AND u close the action its a different story
  • edited April 2011
    I can't really say anything new without echoing what's already been said, but yeah, variacne happens i'm afraid. If you had the AA in that spot, you'd see the 44's and be like "OMFG, so sick!" and think it was a huge bad beat. But when the A hits you'd think "well, that's justice" and not think any more of it. Even if they've got 0.01%, it will happen SOMEtimes, just ul on the fact he sucked out. Oh, and you can't fold the 44 pre there to the 3bet either imo. Nh wp, ul.
    Cheers,
    Carlos Smitalos