You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

We have a new baby - the "Sky Roller" is born!

Comments

• edited April 2011
    well done to all who have satted in.  see you Thursday :)
  • edited April 2011
    So how many runners do we all think , last time i checked there was 13 hope does get around 60 would be good

im gonna go for 55 runners....(Scotty + 30 sats, others buy in direct)
  • edited April 2011

PLEASE let there be more than 60!

Here's the current field, with over 3 days to go.

scotty775000pod15000phil12uk5000kimpet5000corsican5000andrew19475000YOUNG_GUN5000Wacko905000Nutter59325000FlashFlush5000DICKSON2250004fingersAA500012675000
    Feeders & Satellites are running every day, with a daily Semi-Final at 8.45pm.
  • edited April 2011
    My theory is someone in CAPITALS is going to win so thats me or DICKSON22 lets be avin ya!!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: We have a new baby - the "Sky Roller" is born!:
    My theory is someone in CAPITALS is going to win so thats me or DICKSON22 lets be avin ya!!!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

1267 is also in capitals :)....

• edited April 2011
    Not in my books!

also if u get in maxally means u have a small chance ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

This has made my mind up !!! LOL

Sod the sats, too busy at real work, lol, just bought in !! Nice one young gun!!

ps am workin on the theory that i got lots of capitals, not that am a better player !!
    [well meybe, just meybe lol], [in a Andy Gray accent !!]

So i Obviously got more chance than Scotty, Phil, Loufold, Dan, Glitter, 1267, Nutter, Andrew, Wacko, Pod, FF & all the other shove monkeys then Young Gun!!

UPPER CASE F.T.W. !!!!
  • edited April 2011
    5 FREE STANDARD SATELLITE ENTRIES FOR THIS UP FOR GRABS

SEE HERE
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: We have a new baby - the "Sky Roller" is born! : This has made my mind up !!! LOL Sod the sats, too busy at real work, lol, just bought in !! Nice one young gun!! ps am workin on the theory that i got lots of capitals, not that am a better player !! [well meybe, just meybe lol], [in a Andy Gray accent !!] So i Obviously got more chance than Scotty, Phil, Loufold, Dan, Glitter, 1267, Nutter, Andrew, Wacko, Pod, FF & all the other shove monkeys then Young Gun!! UPPER CASE F.T.W. !!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    I hope u r not implying i am a shove monkey comrade? ;) maybe lol I wish u the best of luck mate and hope u run well enough to get 2nd ;)
  • edited April 2011
    well looking at the list i think in that order will do just fine thanks!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: We have a new baby - the "Sky Roller" is born! : I hope u r not implying i am a shove monkey comrade? ;) maybe lol I wish u the best of luck mate and hope u run well enough to get 2nd ;)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    No Comrade!!

Team Red, FTW !!  Cya final table Mate!!
  • edited April 2011
    4fingersAA5000  
    andrew19475000  
    beaneh5000  
    bigby5000  
    corsican5000  
    DICKSON225000  
    FlashFlush5000  
    HITMAN_RV5000  
    kimpet5000  
    Nutter59325000  
    phil12uk5000  
    pod15000  
    scotty775000  
    Wacko905000  
    YOUNG_GUN5000
    Only 44 more tikay :)
  • edited April 2011

* SIGH * I was the bubble in tonight's Semi final :(
    (what were the chances of Aussie having aces hey?, lol. nh sir.)

GL all who play in this.
  • edited April 2011
    * SIGH * I was the bubble in tonight's Semi final :( (what were the chances of Aussie having aces hey?, lol. nh sir.) GL all who play in this.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    did i have aces?  i was auto calling whilst watching the footie.

• edited April 2011
    WD Rob, Sorry Pinkhead missed the rail as powercut :( also f;d me up in TSP Classic but nvm hopefully i run better tomorrow night
  • edited April 2011
    4fingersAA5000  
    andrew19475000  
    aussie095000  
    bar40045000  
    beaneh5000  
    cazzie585000  
    corsican5000  
    FlashFlush5000  
    HITMAN_RV5000  
    kimpet5000  
    lyonsbob065000  
    MattBates5000  
    Nutter59325000  
    phil12uk5000  
    pod15000  
    scotty775000  
    tallytink5000  
    Wacko905000  
    YOUNG_GUN5000
    tikay just needs to treble up now :)
  • edited April 2011
    Nice one Bazza, i was gonna do this earlier but Couldnt be @rsed ;)

i think its looking unlikely i think maybe just make Gurantee get on it tonight ppl, gotta be in it to win it!
  • edited April 2011
    Nice one Bazza, i was gonna do this earlier but Couldnt be @rsed ;) i think its looking unlikely i think maybe just make Gurantee get on it tonight ppl, gotta be in it to win it!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Oh ye of little faith.

I'll bet you half a crown it makes 60!

You gotta believe in better!
  • edited April 2011
    Erm................ how much is half a crown sir ;)

I see Yoyo will be added soon too so that should bring a few in, will anyone else like ian frazer be playing or any other recent guests? do you plan to play it tikay or are u presenting sorry i forget
  • edited April 2011
    Erm................ how much is half a crown sir ;) I see Yoyo will be added soon too so that should bring a few in, will anyone else like ian frazer be playing or any other recent guests? do you plan to play it tikay or are u presenting sorry i forget
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Half a crown is two & sixpence.

Ian Fraser & Thewy are both in Dublin, for the Irish Open, so at present, I have no idea if they will be able to play this, & I know Thewy is struggling for intenet access, so "doubtful", but I will make it known if either play.

I will not be playing it, no, sadly, as I'm doing the Live Show.

By the bye, Thursday's Live Show starts at 9pm, 2100, NOT 8pm, 2000, it's normal Thursday time, for boringly technical reasons.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: We have a new baby - the "Sky Roller" is born! : Half a crown is two & sixpence. Ian Fraser & Thewy are both in Dublin, for the Irish Open, so at present, I have no idea if they will be able to play this, & I know Thewy is struggling for intenet access, so "doubtful", but I will make it known if either play. I will not be playing it, no, sadly, as I'm doing the Live Show. By the bye, Thursday's Live Show starts at 9pm, 2100, NOT 8pm, 2000, it's normal Thursday time, for boringly technical reasons.
    Posted by Tikay10
    When I saw that change, and the confusion that ensued on screen, I thought that was a excellent, conscious decision, to move the show back an hour guaranteeing that the televised tournament gets shows to it's conclusion.
  • edited April 2011
    * SIGH * I was the bubble in tonight's Semi final :( (what were the chances of Aussie having aces hey?, lol. nh sir.) GL all who play in this.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Thanks Max !!  UL BTW!!

I will carry the Al's Bar Banner Onward & Upwards Sir !!
  • edited April 2011
    4fingersAA5000  
    andrew19475000  
    aussie095000  
    bar40045000  
    beaneh5000  
    callumtres5000  
    cazzie585000  
    corsican5000  
    cottlad5000  
    DICKSON225000  
    FlashFlush5000  
    HAYSIE5000  
    HITMAN_RV5000  
    hurst055000  
    kimpet5000  
    lJAMESl5000  
    lyonsbob065000  
    MattBates5000  
    Nutter59325000  
    phil12uk5000  
    pod15000  
    rosjim15000  
    scotty775000  
    tallytink5000  
    w4rlock5000  
    Wacko905000  
    YOUNG_GUN5000
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: We have a new baby - the "Sky Roller" is born! : When I saw that change, and the confusion that ensued on screen, I thought that was a excellent, conscious decision, to move the show back an hour guaranteeing that the televised tournament gets shows to it's conclusion.
    Posted by Machka
    Sadly, we cannot claim the credit for that!

Sky Sports asked if they could take the Show from 11pm until 1am this week, instead of the usual 10pm -Midnight, & as the Sky Sports viewing figures are absolutely monsta, the 865 Show was moved back 1 hour to accommodate them.

The power of TV, & all that. Gotta push them little edges......

• edited April 2011
    damn i really wanna play this...dunno if ill be home from work in time
  • edited April 2011
    damn i really wanna play this...dunno if ill be home from work in time
    Posted by sikas
    You could always Register early, & sit out the first few levels. 5,000 chips, 15 minute blinds,  & this structure for Hour One?  

115.00 / 30.00
    220.00 / 40.00
    330.00 / 60.00
    440.00 / 80.00
  • edited April 2011
    A tournament lasting for 7+ hours is too long for me . I think it needs longer breaks . Sitting too long in front of a PC probably contributed to my having a DVT  . Instead of 5 mins every hour - fine in shorter tourneys  - I think you should be talking 15 mins at second hour, etc. and even longer if it goes to 8 hours as in any sporting event or workplace situation. Hard core players may call me a wimp . Don't know what happens in live events but I bet its not 5 mins . For me health comes first.
  • edited April 2011
    A tournament lasting for 7+ hours is too long for me . I think it needs longer breaks . Sitting too long in front of a PC probably contributed to my having a DVT  . Instead of 5 mins every hour - fine in shorter tourneys  - I think you should be talking 15 mins at second hour, etc. and even longer if it goes to 8 hours as in any sporting event or workplace situation. Hard core players may call me a wimp . Don't know what happens in live events but I bet its not 5 mins . For me health comes first.
    Posted by tiercel
    I played a 15 hour sesion saturday and while I agree it makes your brain bleed I don't think it's viable for sky to have too many long breaks.
  • edited April 2011
    I couldn't handle a 4 hour session never mind 15 but I don't think a 15 min break every couple of hours would cause Sky problems ( unless they can't afford a new clock ? lol ). It could also be split into two sessions on successive days. I think you would get more customers if the challenge appeared less daunting. Me for instance .... hint, hint . I can't think of any other social event with such short breaks. Anyway good luck to those who tackle it . You'll earn your beans.

Response to Re: We have a new baby - the "Sky Roller" is born!:
    In Response to Re: We have a new baby - the "Sky Roller" is born! : I played a 15 hour sesion saturday and while I agree it makes your brain bleed I don't think it's viable for sky to have too many long breaks.
    Posted by donkeyplop
  • edited April 2011
    While your looking for new ideas how about a Heads up tournament . You have S&G heads ups so why not an MTT version . I've played them elsewhere and they can be an ecxiting challenge.  ( And you get huge breaks while you wait for games to finish !).

Liked the Survivor series but might have been better over successive nights then you don't forget the next round.