You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Master Cash with James & Trevor (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***)

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Wow...what a week for on-line poker.  A huge development, affecting everyone who plays the game.  One of the most dramatic things to ever happen to the Internet gambling industry.  I'm sure you've read about it on the forum, on Facebook and on Twitter...

Yes, Sky Poker's Master Cash tables now allow you to buy in for 200bbs!

So, prepare yourselves for some deep stack cash action from 9pm.  Trevor and I (happy, Tikay?) will be your hosts, guiding you through four hours of six-max No Limit Hold'em on channel 865, including the five biggest hands of the week in Top of the Pots.

Our primary focus will still be the £1.50/£3 tables - which used to be called 'Cash 300', but now, are more like 'Cash 600'.  The place to play is Master Cash 16 & Master Cash 17.  Make sure you have a read of THIS.

Finally, let's have a bit of fun.  Seeing Tikay struggle with his smartphone (despite Machka's best efforts) made me wonder how many rogue texts, e-mails and tweets he must send on a daily basis.

So, what's the most embarrassing e-mail, text or tweet you've ever sent?

A message addressed to the wrong person?  Predictive text / auto-correct completely changing what you meant to say?  Hitting 'send' by mistake when you were still at draft stage?

Please make us laugh :)

Comments

• edited April 2011
    not one to read out, but I am sure we have all sent a text to one of the blokes down the pub and accidently put a X on the end

I think I must do it a couple of times a week
  • edited April 2011

Looking forward to the show

Embarassing emails is a bit of a sore subject at the moment as my mum asked me the other day if i would stop sending her emails at work - I explained for the 100th time it wasn,t me and just to delete them

About 2 years ago i got an email of a lady friend

If you want to see me playing with myself just click on this link"

If it had been anyone else I would never have clicked it but this was a lady i,d met through a "specialsed" dating site and din,t think anything of it so was suprised to see the link direct me to another dating site that I,d never been on before.
    I phoned her up and asked what it was and she said she never sent it

When I went back to wrk on Monday I was shocked and suprised when a girl I knew came up to me in front of everyone and slapped me in the face. She called me a pervert and told me to stop sending her dirty emails

To cut a long story short the original link contained a virus which sent out emails even when i wasn,t at my computer to all my contacts with all sorts of strange messages. It wouldn,t have been so bad if my contact list didn,t include my family, friends and even managers at work.

I spent numerous hours deleting all my contacts and have never used the email address since. I also have a new computer with anti-virus but even now a cpl of years on I,m getting ppl telling me they are still receiving emails from this old address - It has caused numerous problems for me and even now the email address in question is still active, even though Hotmail say it becomes inactive after x amount of days without being used

ps   Any help or advice on how to get in touch with hotmail and actually speak to someone about this would be appreciated  

• edited April 2011
    HI do you no wot table you are starting on
  • edited April 2011
    just wanted to ask Trev a quick question

I noticed today during the FA cup semi final that after 82 minutes when Man City were 1-0 up that on the exchanges it was 6/1 for a 1-1 draw.   I realise man Utd were down to 10 men, but considering you normally get that price at the start of a match is this something to look out for in the future as when in this position the opposition are normally pushing for the equaliser and the leaders are trying to hold on to it

Is this a good bet to look out for in the future for in-running betting for football matches or do you think it was just because Man utd were down to 10 men?

Paul

ps - cheers for knocking me out of the TSP classic last night. I was low stacked anyway and as a result I decided to play the £200 velocity which was just starting and managed 3rd for £69 
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Master Cash with James & Trevor (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    Finally, let's have a bit of fun.  Seeing Tikay struggle with his smartphone (despite Machka's best efforts) made me wonder how many rogue texts, e-mails and tweets he must send on a daily basis. So, what's the most embarrassing e-mail, text or tweet you've ever sent? A message addressed to the wrong person?  Predictive text / auto-correct completely changing what you meant to say?  Hitting 'send' by mistake when you were still at draft stage? Please make us laugh :)
    Posted by J-Hartigan

A few years back I had a phone call from a friends wife who was laughing hysterically.  She said that he had been explaining to her that over the last few months I'd been sending texts to him and sometimes ending them with "lol".  He asked her why I was ending my messages with "Lots Of Love"?

What worried me in this was that he had been replying for a good couple of months before mentioning it to anyone!

(On a related note I heard someone managed to accidentally delete an entire thread off a forum whilst browsing it on their phone, must have been a right technophobe!  NOT the Sky Poker forum I must add)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Master Cash with James & Trevor (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    HI do you no wot table you are starting on
    Posted by STOCKY8A1
    MC2 - 5p/10p
  • edited April 2011
    Have a good show.

I've never sent an embarrassing text or e-mail, I feel left out.

Maybe I should send some tonight.

• edited April 2011
    jus woundering wat tables use are showing arfter 5/10 plz
  • edited April 2011
    What do you guys think about the situation on pokerstars and fulltilt poker and the US government?.

More players for sky poker i reckin...
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Master Cash with James & Trevor (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    jus woundering wat tables use are showing arfter 5/10 plz
    Posted by joey690
    15p / 30p :)
  • edited April 2011
    i had a email from clair in week about vegas ,i could not find it,i found it in spam ,thats the first time i have had to look in spam ,why was it in spam?
  • edited April 2011
    Anyone know whats happening with the Big 3 US poker sites getting shut down, any insider info???
  • edited April 2011
    Its madness folding AK in any cash game, instead of folding, the player should have 4bet!
  • edited April 2011
    Hi guys,

what is stew933 waiting for. dealt AK in good position and then folds to the raise, please!! Great chance to squeeze with a vaild hand, plus are you really bothered if you get called? No, your in conrol of the pot from the off, and as the the flop came he gets all of wacko's money!! you have to raise in this position. thanks Chris
  • edited April 2011
    Trev....Who was the 1st player to be sold over a £100,000? and which 2 clubs were involved?

Alan Ball £111,000 from Blackpool to Everton.

Thanks chris
  • edited April 2011
    Q. Have you ever folded aces pre-flop in a tournament situation, i.e the bubble??
  • edited April 2011
    Hi guys,

Footie question for Trev 

There are currently 6 Australian players in the Premiership, can you name four?

1. Brett Emerton 
    2. Mark Scharwzer
    3. Tim Cahill
    4. Vincent Grella
    5. David Carney ( Blackpool )
    6.Chris Herd (Aston Villa )

• edited April 2011
    question for trevor

which foreign attacker has had the best strike rate in there first full premier league season?

answer is robinho surprisingly enough
  • edited April 2011
    trev, who is the only player to play in all  four divisions for the same club?
  • edited April 2011
    Question for Trevor....

Who was the first manager in the history of the Premiership to be sacked?

:)
  • UPUP
    edited April 2011
    How do you accidentally enter a table? You may miss click the play now, but then you have to select your buy in.
  • edited April 2011
    yeah but then I can tell you the answer, dont want trev peaking!

I might be wrong then lol, I thought it was Alan Knight for Portsmouth

I am off to hang my head in shame lol
  • edited April 2011
    How do you accidentally enter a table? You may miss click the play now, but then you have to select your buy in.
    Posted by UP
    Have you never heard of the double mis-click? :-)
  • edited April 2011
    ok..u want an embarassing moment..as a kid i used to sleepwalk..i kinda grew out of it (or so i thought)..when at 16 years of age i got a job with a local fence erecting company..my first job was working away at redcar to put up a fence around a caravan site..as it was quite far away we had to stay at a bed and breakfast..the guys i worked with took me for a few beers after the first day..obv i got drunk quick and retreated to my room to go to sleep..i vaguely remember walking about and having a pee somewhere..as i retraced my steps i realised my room door was locked..i banged on the door asking my m8 to open it to let me in..the response i got was..u got the wrong room m8..i tried again with the same response..i finally woke up and found out i had walked up another flight of steps and had been banging on the wrong door..i made my apologies and went to walk bk down to my room..as i turned a young couple were making their way up..theres me in my undies and i beat a hasty retreat...for the restof the week i spent there i never left my room :$
  • UPUP
    edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Master Cash with James & Trevor (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : Have you never heard of the double mis-click? :-)
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    No, I have never heard of a double miss click, I think you just wanted a little bit extra TV air time. Lol (thats laughter not Lots of Luv)
  • edited April 2011

Not exactly me, but I do know someone who had an embarrassing incident on a forum. 

He asked a question on a forum, asking for embarrassing texts and emails, and actually posted it ON the forum.
    The answers were to be read out on tv too. 

The question flunked and he had to offer prizes just to get people to send in some answers!!!

Not even Orford had this problem :/

• edited April 2011

Hi Trevor

Was is Paul Dickov?
  • edited April 2011
    Paul Dickov
    Leicester???
  • edited April 2011
    hi trev

im a new player whats the best stakes to start at ,
  • edited April 2011
    Was it Duncan Ferguson ?