You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

new girl

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat

It seems we have a new girl on sky poker (not impresed so far) has Lisa Marie gone?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Give her chance, its only her first day :-)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to new girl:
      It seems we have a new girl on sky poker (not impresed so far) has Lisa Marie gone?
    Posted by JONONZIE
    I want to see Lisa-Marie back on the screen as much as anyone does (well, more) but I think to knock Anna on her first live show isn't really good form at all.

I can only imagine how hard it can be to anchor a 4 hour live show, no editing, no second takes, no script and with Tikay to deal with! ;-)  Not only that but half way through you also have to present to the Sky Sports viewers and all the extra demands and pressure that must put on you.

After what seemed like a faultless first show I find it pretty hard anyone can knock her.

Bring back Lisa-Marie yes, but taking it out on Anna is not right.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: new girl:
    I want to see Lisa-Marie back on the screen as much as anyone does (well, more) but I think to knock Anna on her first live show isn't really good form at all. I can only imagine how hard it can be to anchor a 4 hour live show, no editing, no second takes, no script and with Tikay to deal with! ;-)  Not only that but half way through you also have to present to the Sky Sports viewers and all the extra demands and pressure that must put on you. After what seemed like a faultless first show I find it pretty hard anyone can knock her. Bring back Lisa-Marie yes, but taking it out on Anna is not right.
    Posted by Machka
    plus one, it`s always hard on first day, once your settled it`s easy as chips
  • edited April 2011
    I want to see Lisa-Marie back on the screen as much as anyone does (well, more) but I think to knock Anna on her first live show isn't really good form at all. I can only imagine how hard it can be to anchor a 4 hour live show, no editing, no second takes, no script and with Tikay to deal with! ;-)  Not only that but half way through you also have to present to the Sky Sports viewers and all the extra demands and pressure that must put on you. After what seemed like a faultless first show I find it pretty hard anyone can knock her. Bring back Lisa-Marie yes, but taking it out on Anna is not right.
    Posted by Machka
    +1
  • edited April 2011
    very easy on the eye and from what i heard,  did a fine job  phil

• edited April 2011
    Yeah that's bang out of form knocking her on the first ever show.

I personally thought she did a good job as do all the presenters and analysts.
  • edited April 2011
    Yup +1 ridic comment in brackets in the O.P.

I noticed someone else started an even worse thread last night, which thankfully nobody has replied to and has dropped down like a lead balloon.

It's one thing supporting LML but having unfair digs at the new girl is not the way to do it. I joined the site around the same time as LML did, and I'm sure on her first show people were critical, and wanted to show support for whoever she replaced. But she turned out to be a brilliant presenter who everyone enjoyed watching. I'm sure Anna will too, given time/a chance.

I also thought she was really good, and hope she stays with the channel for a long time. We got loads of good presenters, with LML, R.O and now Anna. 

I dunno what others think but I'd like to see James used alot more as an analyst 

(because he's v good at it, and not because he's bad at presenting btw!!!) lol.
  • edited April 2011

Just watching the repeat of last nights show as I was working last night.

Anna is a natural and it didn't take her long to suss TK.

How the OP can make such a judgement after one show is both unfair and ignorant.

We all miss previous presenters but for goodness sake, look forwards not back!!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to new girl:
    Posted by JONONZIE
    This is a bit nasty, the new girl can have a ride on the back of my bike anytime. Also even though we all love LML its not fair to straight of the bat lay into anyone.

She is ok in my book and I think she was presenting on challenge TV with somone else I like the look of called Mel previously.

I have an eye for the ladies trust me, in fact most of the trouble in my life is because of it.

Welcome new girl, lovely Miss Fowler, PS c.... no I had not better Ive already had 1 post deleted today.
  • edited April 2011
    TBH I hate the thread title and OP.  Poker is stereotypically a male dominated game and as such seems to have a chauvinistic element which continues to linger.  How hard is it to find out the new presenter's name?  Saying 'new girl' seems a bit wrong to me.

Come on people, there have been a few comments made in several threads that range from dismissive, disrespectful to the somewhat leering and sexist.  Can we raise the class bar a little here please.
  • edited April 2011
    TBH I hate the thread title and OP.  Poker is stereotypically a male dominated game and as such seems to have a chauvinistic element which continues to linger.  How hard is it to find out the new presenter's name?  Saying 'new girl' seems a bit wrong to me. Come on people, there have been a few comments made in several threads that range from dismissive, disrespectful to the somewhat leering and sexist.  Can we raise the class bar a little here please.
    Posted by TommyD
    +1

Anna did great, obviously a very talented presenter. i'm sure she will enjoy here time at Sky and i wish her well.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: new girl : +1 Anna did great, obviously a very talented presenter. i'm sure she will enjoy here time at Sky and i wish her well.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    obv not scottish or welsh then !!!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: new girl : obv not scottish or welsh then !!!!
    Posted by kaymac
    lol i have a Welsh sirname, and obv Welsh ancestory and I love Scotland. I is only messing innit!

• edited April 2011
    I think she did a great job, thought LML was good too but cannot compare the two it would be unfair.

treat them both individually and they're both great

but best of luck to anna.... the new girl lol xx
  • edited April 2011
    I was amazed how relaxed she was for a first show, looked really professional and also easy on the eye. ;)
  • edited April 2011
    She done a great job, very relaxed and done well in the banter stakes as well, keep up the good work!! 
  • edited April 2011
    I was amazed how relaxed she was for a first show, looked really professional and also easy on the eye. ;)
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    +1 +10 for the second bit :)
  • edited April 2011
    She done a great job, very relaxed and done well in the banter stakes as well, keep up the good work!! 
    Posted by dylan12
    +1
  • edited April 2011
    Watched last night and thoroughlly enjoyed the show and thought she did an excellent job, ridiculous OP in my eyes.
  • edited April 2011
    from what i saw she fitted in well and soon got the measure of tk's humour and banter.
    i have seen her on another poker show and she is more than competent.

what has happened to lisa-marie?,did i miss something.

there always seems to be a quick turnover of female presenters on 865,
    i dont know if its because they end up getting offered something better elseware or if they are on short contracts?
  • edited April 2011
    from what i saw she fitted in well and soon got the measure of tk's humour and banter. i have seen her on another poker show and she is more than competent. what has happened to lisa-marie?,did i miss something. there always seems to be a quick turnover of female presenters on 865, i dont know if its because they end up getting offered something better elseware or if they are on short contracts?
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Hi Daze

tikay wrote somewhere, they are not on a contract, just a show to show basis, sometimes they get a tv slot, sometimes they dont :)
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by Machka

+1
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: new girl : Hi Daze tikay wrote somewhere, they are not on a contract, just a show to show basis, sometimes they get a tv slot, sometimes they dont :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    cheers bazza,hope that doesnt mean we have seen the last of lisa-marie
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: new girl : cheers bazza,hope that doesnt mean we have seen the last of lisa-marie
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Maybe LML is working on her analysing skills and we will get both the lovely ladies on the screen at the same time!!!

I think Anna did a great job on her first show. Imagine having to put up with Tikay and his 'brick making' stories ;)
  • edited April 2011

Check out here web page. She's no mug either very classy! http://www.annafowler.com/bio.html

• edited April 2011
    Check out some of her photography.  That's is a very talented young lady.

Well Done on the first show Anna 
  • edited April 2011
    Nice show reel and photography shots, if Anna needs a lighting guy/tea boy/general dogsbody for any more photo shoots then please feel free to pm anytime.
  • edited April 2011
    Everyone is entitled to his opinion so don't knock OP if he didn't think the new girl (Anna Fowler) was good. That's his opinion, he can have it.

Personally I thought the show was excellent, good rapport already building up and lol was a great guest too. In the words of Tikay on Bounty Hunter, keep your pecker up Anna - it means chin in his vocabulary somehow!
  • edited April 2011
    Anna was brilliant.
  • edited April 2011
    The OP needs his nuts chopping off !!!

I liked LML, but the young lady last night did a great job.

Ryan