You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Saturday Night On The Cash Tables with Rich, Trev and LJamesL ***official show thread***

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
In Response to Saturday Night On The Cash Tables with Rich, Trev and LJamesL ***official show thread***:
OK, I'm posting this up to allow the messages to start coming in early and I'll add more details to the opening post later this afternoon when I arrive at the office and get more info. Here's the headlines though- From 9 tonight on Sky Poker TV Channel 865 and streamed on the homepage-  it's Mastercash! Hosting it will be my good self, here demostrating what I think of Arsenal's title chances... yet another new girl...  ...and providing the poker spin will be the one and only James Williams AKA LJamesL aka Boyband. This is how cool I usually look away from the studios,incidentally... I think it should be a fun show + there'll be a jobload of tips and info you can pick up on how to crush the raspberry baize tables. For heaven's sake folks, it's LJamesL tallking cash for 4 hours !!! What more do you want? We're turning into winning players whether you like it or not! Make sure you're watching at 9 and Sky+ it, if you're out. Meantime, the thread is now yours! Post away with whatever tickles you fancy.  Shall we do Trevial Pursuit again tonight? Let me know if you're up for it and let's have your questions. :)
Posted by RICHORFORD
ah the raspberry / parsley thing again lol

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrre we goooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The headlines-

From 9 tonight on Sky Poker TV Channel 865 and streamed on the homepage, it's...

Mastercash!

Hosting it will be my good self, here demonstrating what I think of Arsenal's title chances...

yet another new girl... (phwoar!)

...and providing the poker spin will be the one and only James Williams AKA LJamesL aka Boyband.

(This is how cool I usually look away from the studios, incidentally...)

I think it should be a fun show + there'll be a jobload of tips on how to crush the raspberry baize tables.

For heaven's sake folks, it's LJamesL tallking cash for 4 hours!!! What more do you want? We're turning you into winning players whether you like it or not!

Make sure you're watching at 9. The weather is NO EXCUSE. Sky + it , or watch in your garden on the laptop if necessary. That's an order.

Meantime, the thread is now yours! Post away with whatever tickles you fancy. 

Tonight's side-topics...

From a suggestion by Loonytoons (see his post below)

"I can't believe you've never done that!"

Have you never watched an episode of Friends/been to the cinema/tried Chinese food/owned a mobile phone/gone to a wedding, etc etc etc.

What standard thing (that the vast majority of us have done) have you, for whatever reason, NOT done? Tell us what and WHY!

Also...

Trevial Pursuit!

Yes, how can we not? It's a runaway success! Start bashing out your questions to our Trevor Harris- subject doesn't matter, but if it's football, or in particualr Arsenal-related, stumping him is even sweeter.

Everyone who stumps Trev in will go into the hat for the TSP Classic draw at the end of the show.

Good luck!

• edited April 2011
    I've a great idea for a competition question for tonight - I have never eaten a KFC, and one of my mates has never seen a Rocky film, is their anything that the other guys and gals havn't experienced in life that would shock us? You could call it 'i cant believe youve never done that'
  • edited April 2011
    Question for James - Apart from the_gibb, who do you look up to in the Poker world?

Question for Trev - Will Arsenal ever win the Champions League?

Question for Rich - Are you looking forward to next weekend? Will you be asking James and Trev for advice or will you just trust what Grandad has taught you?
  • edited April 2011
    Well, a few people on this site were not too sure if this sky poker team promotion was a good thing--- and how right they were!!!!------

James was a nice, clean cut, well dressed and charming young man, that any Mum would be proud of--- now look what you have done to him!!!--- well I hope you are happy, because when Jame's Mum sees that picture, I will be pleased that I am not in your shoes, mr sky man!!!
  • edited April 2011
    I would like to apologise unreservedly to mr mbro, for taking the pee when he stated that he hopes that James will "promote the site in the correct manner"--- sorry Colin, you were right, and I was very, very wrong indeed.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Saturday Night On The Cash Tables with Rich, Trev and LJamesL ***official show thread***:
    I've a great idea for a competition question for tonight - I have never eaten a KFC, and one of my mates has never seen a Rocky film, is their anything that the other guys and gals havn't experienced in life that would shock us? You could call it 'i cant believe youve never done that'
    Posted by loonytoons
    I like it, Loony.

I didn't get on an aeroplane till I was 21.

I've never watched The Sopranos.

I've never been to Ibiza.

I haven't been to a concert in about 15 years.

And I haven't won a live poker tournament since 2009 ...soon to be remedied in Walsall next weekend ;)

Anyone else?
  • edited April 2011
    Never been to Scotland !! and my passport needs renewing or do they just let you in, and vice versa!!
  • edited April 2011
    i`ve not had hair since i was 18yrs old that`s 22yrs and counting
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Saturday Night On The Cash Tables with Rich, Trev and LJamesL ***official show thread***:
    In Response to Re: Saturday Night On The Cash Tables with Rich, Trev and LJamesL ***official show thread*** : I like it, Loony. I didn't get on an aeroplane till I was 21. I've never watched The Sopranos. I've never been to Ibiza. I haven't been to a concert in about 15 years. And I haven't won a live poker tournament since 2009 ...soon to be remedied in Walsall next weekend ;) Anyone else?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Ha ha, i've gone through your list and i match you exactly, except for the aeroplane bit, my 1st flying experience was in the paras when i was a wee lad of 18, and for the 1st 10 flights of my life, i never landed with the plane once!!
  • edited April 2011
    one for trev - i`ve never seen arsenal relegated ( about time they were )
  • edited April 2011
    Never been to Scotland !! and my passport needs renewing or do they just let you in, and vice versa!!
    Posted by Any2Suited
    We have some standards !!!!!

Having been born on beautiful Island of Lewis, I never set foot on the British mainland till I was 13!

I have never read any items of Shakespeare, even though I passed my Higher English!!

Keith

• edited April 2011

I, too, have never watched The Sopranos.

I have never been to Scotland or Wales.

I have never been kissed.

I have never been to a festival (I'm too much of a snob to sleep in a tent!)

I have never done a show with Orford where I haven't had to tell him off.

• edited April 2011
    I, too, have never watched The Sopranos. I have never been to Scotland or Wales. I have never been kissed. I have never been to a festival (I'm too much of a snob to sleep in a tent!) I have never done a show with Orford where I haven't had to tell him off.
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    Mandy

I have a tent, a portable dvd player and I live in Scotland.......as for the others, well, we just won't invite Orford!!!

Keith
  • edited April 2011
    I, too, have never watched The Sopranos. I have never been to Scotland or Wales. I have never been kissed. I have never been to a festival (I'm too much of a snob to sleep in a tent!) I have never done a show with Orford where I haven't had to tell him off.
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    All of those ambitions are still achievable Mandy. Except the last one. Unlucky.
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    I can remedy that one if you like  :)))
  • edited April 2011
    I,ve never had a Chinese or Indian takeaway 
    I,m a fussy eater who was brought up on traditional english meals and there wern,t many around when i was a kid.

I then worked in an Indian takeaway and that put me off even more

I,m determined to get Trevor this week  so here goes

Which British footballer scored in 3 consecutive World Cups against teams from 3 different continents?

Answer : Joe Jordan
    First goal was against Zaire in 1974, then against Peru in 1978, then against USSR in 1982

If he gets that I,ll think of soemthing else

Have a good show
  • edited April 2011
    I have never played the same tune twice on the guitar--- nearly did it once though

playing teusdays gone by lynard skynerd now--- try and get that one right----jeeeezzzzusssss!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    Since Trev loves Scottish football so much

How many goals did goalkeeper Andy Goram score for Rangers?

answer :  2
  • edited April 2011

Trevor

What particular peculiarities do St Johnstone and Queen of the South hold (separate answers)

A. St Johnstone are the only senior team in the UK with a J in their name

& Queen Of The South are the only team mentioned in the bible

Keith
  • edited April 2011
    .......and what is happening at 9.15 this evening????
  • edited April 2011
    I have never kissed a frog (done other stuff to it)

I have never used roll on deodorant (says push up bottom, seems wrong)

I have never watched Harry Potter ( im not 12 )

I'v never woke up without pushing snooze at least once ( hit snooze, keep the dream alive)

I'v never kissed Sky Mandy ( yet )

• edited April 2011
    .......and what is happening at 9.15 this evening????
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    me and Shaz... (supernova) have made it to the gukpt final sat which starts at 9.15 tonight.

GOOOO TKP.

Mandy will u be showing hands from this Sat? and also which m/c tables are u starting at pls. ty ty

• edited April 2011
    Never eaten a Chicken tikka masala, who says its a British national dish ?

Never ever watched Britains got Talent or any of the myriad of similar shows on tv at present

Never bluffed in Poker, or never had a real hand in Poker (for those who have played against me, they can choose whichever one they feel fits me better ;) )

Wish I could say never climbed Kilamanjaro (everyone seems to have done it these days) but at least I did it before it was the "in thing" to do

As for a Trevial or shoudl that be Trevorial Pursuit question.

Who were the last English League team to have 5 forwards all score 20 or more first team goals in one season (including FA and League Cup games)

Answer - Chester in 1964-65, scorers were Gary Talbot, Jimmy Humes, Mike Metcalf, Elfed Morris and Hugh Ryden
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Saturday Night On The Cash Tables with Rich, Trev and LJamesL ***official show thread*** : me and Shaz... (supernova) have made it to the gukpt final sat which starts at 9.15 tonight. GOOOO TKP. Mandy will u be showing hands from this Sat? and also which m/c tables are u starting at pls. ty ty
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Good luck to all of those in the GUKPT sat this evening......we will keep you updated during the show, and hopefully bring you some final table action.  And if you are not alrady in, then there is still time, it kicks off at 9.15pm - so get registering now.

We will be kicking off the show on the 5p/10p and 25p/50p tables.

Keep those questions for James and Trevor coming in and, I hope you enjoy the show :)
  • edited April 2011
    I don't know.........what is happening at 9.15pm this evening ?

Anybody that hasnt't watched The Sopranos or The Wire needs to get the box sets. The two best TV dramas ever made imo.

Have a good show guys.

As for things i've never done.........

I've never had a relationship with a lady last longer than 6 months.

I've never seen my football team win a league title.

I've never tried Caviar (surely it can't be that nice).

Question for Trevor........

Which player has scored the quickest Premier League goal ?

Answer......

Ledley King of Tottenham Hotspur, scoring on 10 seconds in their 3-3 draw with Bradford in the 2000/01 season.

• edited April 2011
    Which nationality currently represent the majority of the managers in the premiership
    Answer : Scotland with 6, Owen coyle Bolton, Kenny Dalgliesh Liverpool, Alex Ferguson Man Utd, Steve Keane Blackburn, Alex McKliesh Birmingham, David moyes Everton
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Saturday Night On The Cash Tables with Rich, Trev and LJamesL ***official show thread*** : Good luck to all of those in the GUKPT sat this evening......we will keep you updated during the show, and hopefully bring you some final table action.  And if you are not alrady in, then there is still time, it kicks off at 9.15pm - so get registering now. We will be kicking off the show on the 5p/10p and 25p/50p tables. Keep those questions for James and Trevor coming in and, I hope you enjoy the show :)
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    ty mandy, im sure ill enjoy the show.

gonna try to bag me a seat on m/c 1 and 2. you know i love a bit of tv tarting

Im like tommyd and machka, but worse lol
  • edited April 2011
    I don't know.........what is happening at 9.15pm this evening ? Anybody that hasnt't watched The Sopranos or The Wire needs to get the box sets. The two best TV dramas ever made imo. Have a good show guys. As for things i've never done......... I've never had a relationship with a lady last longer than 6 months. I've never seen my football team win a league title. I've never tried Caviar (surely it can't be that nice). Question for Trevor........ Which player has scored the quickest Premier League goal ? Answer...... Ledley King of Tottenham Hotspur, scoring on 10 seconds in their 3-3 draw with Bradford in the 2000/01 season.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    9.15pm.......GUKPT Final - 2 seats currently up for grabs to next weeks Walsall leg of the GUKPT.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Saturday Night On The Cash Tables with Rich, Trev and LJamesL ***official show thread*** : ty mandy, im sure ill enjoy the show. gonna try to bag me a seat on m/c 1 and 2. you know i love a bit of tv tarting Im like tommyd and machka, but worse lol
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Surely this is not possible?!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    I've never seen Star Wars.

Question for Trev : Who were the 1st British team to play in Europe? Answer : The mighty Hibernian.

Question for James : When analysing on Sky do you ever prevaricate even slightly as you know that potential opponents are watching?