You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another farcical "randomly" dealt action hand

edited May 2011 in Area 51
This site has just gone downhill so badly! If only the lottery numbers were as easy to predict as the next cards

Hand History #366528193 (12:08 29/04/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceJohnConnorSmall blind 10.0010.00990.00baggsBig blind 20.0030.00980.00 Your hole cards8J   JohnConnorRaise 40.0070.00950.00baggsCall 30.00100.00950.00Flop  1097   baggsCheck    JohnConnorBet 75.00175.00875.00baggsRaise 150.00325.00800.00JohnConnorRaise 275.00600.00600.00baggsAll-in 800.001400.000.00JohnConnorAll-in 600.002000.000.00JohnConnorShow77   baggsShow8J   Turn  9   River  A   JohnConnorWinFull House, 7s and 9s2000.00 2000.00

Comments

• edited April 2011
    You played the hand fine don't worry about it.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Another farcical "randomly" dealt action hand:
    You played the hand fine don't worry about it.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Im not worried about how I played my hand, flopping a straight kinda plays itself. However the RNG is a whole other matter.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Another farcical "randomly" dealt action hand : Im not worried about how I played my hand, flopping a straight kinda plays itself. However the RNG is a whole other matter.
    Posted by baggs
    got to be honest was expecting the flush..:)

ul..
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Another farcical "randomly" dealt action hand : Im not worried about how I played my hand, flopping a straight kinda plays itself. However the RNG is a whole other matter.
    Posted by baggs
    Don't get your logic, this is a standard cooler, looking at an odds checker you are 65% to win the hand after the flop, ie 2-1 favourite so every 3 times you will lose this once

After the flop the oppo has a 7 outs 3 9's, 3 10's and a 7 whereas you cannot improve, if they hadn't paired the board on the turn they would have had 3 more outs by the river so 10 outs! You obviously don't play Omaha.

2-1 shot is hardly a blame the RNG moment! 
  • edited April 2011

His issue isn't with the out draw, but with 2 people flopping big hands in the same hand all the time. 

Coolers don't happen on other sites apparently ! ;)
  • edited April 2011
    I was dealing at Alea Leeds last night

First hand of a 10k freezeout I dealt AA to one player and KK to another, A on the turn just to make sure.

In level 4 I dealt 88 vs 10 10 on a flop of 2 8 10 !!

Later a flopped straight was beaten by runner runner flush ( the villain has called a raise with 5 6 sooted!)

My RNG must have been a bit corrupt last night!
  • edited April 2011
    I was dealing at Alea Leeds last night First hand of a 10k freezeout I dealt AA to one player and KK to another, A on the turn just to make sure. In level 4 I dealt 88 vs 10 10 on a flop of 2 8 10 !! Later a flopped straight was beaten by runner runner flush ( the villain has called a raise with 5 6 sooted!) My RNG must have been a bit corrupt last night!
    Posted by SolarCarro

all you are saying is hand that held up...

aa v kk=AA wins
    88v1010=10 10 wins

didnt say kk made 4 of a kind (can think of at least two times in last months finals)

or 88 makes quads over fh over 10 10...

runner runner flush for me is once every 4 times. all in...on here...

perhaps you would like to look at my thread ...should i only play trash ? an rng dilema..

:)

• edited April 2011

Team A51 has a new recruit.

• edited April 2011

Lol could post these hands all night if you watched what other people play not just the hands you play.

mac57 Small blind  200.00 200.00 2185.00
    snorky Big blind  400.00 600.00 4160.00
      Your hole cards
    • K

yanny14 Fold     
    CORBALLY Call  400.00 1000.00 6100.00
    Biffer88 Fold     
    troggman Raise  800.00 1800.00 2127.50
    mac57 All-in  2185.00 3985.00 0.00
    snorky Fold     
    CORBALLY Call  1985.00 5970.00 4115.00
    troggman Call  1585.00 7555.00 542.50
    Flop

CORBALLY All-in  4115.00 11670.00 0.00
    troggman All-in  542.50 12212.50 0.00
    CORBALLY Unmatched bet  3572.50 8640.00 3572.50
    mac57 Show

CORBALLY Show
    • Q
    • K

troggman Show

Turn

River

troggman Win Three 9s 8640.00
    not involved in this one
    Was interesting though lol 
  • edited April 2011

My out hand pretty standard to be honest.haven't got all night to post the amount of action hands just seen in the 1035 but it was funny (at least i thought it was). TBH if you start calculating pot odds and percentages your are finished to be honest.Just play for fun and accept the fact that on here just because you beleive you have a ninety five percent chance of winning the hand you don't, you have whatever the RNG decides you have and that may be a lot less than 95 percent.
    Just play for fun and mank and moan about the RNG.The biggest crime is probrably to beleive it is actually random the way YOU beleive it is.It's only random the way someone else has programmed it.

I have come to accept this (didn't say like) and now play slightly different and I do ok. Put it this way i play a lot and don't lose much or win much so basic free entertainment.

KINGKEN914 Small blind  300.00 300.00 4430.00
    ollyd555 Big blind  600.00 900.00 7977.50
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

codykings Call  600.00 1500.00 5860.00
    snorky All-in  4460.00 5960.00 0.00
    deano1964 Fold     
    KINGKEN914 Fold     
    ollyd555 Fold     
    codykings Call  3860.00 9820.00 2000.00
    codykings Show
    • K
    • J

snorky Show
    • J
    • A

Flop

• K

Turn

• A

River

• K

codykings Win Full House, Kings and 6s 9820.00
    GOTO Laugh....Pre flop I'm winning yah...Flop...  I'm Losing BOO.....Turn i'm winning YAH.....River  I lost  :)

• edited April 2011
    Trying to predict the rng is -ev imo!
  • edited April 2011

Trying to predict the rng is -ev imo!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Soory to be a pain again Dohh but what is "rng" ?
    Also, why are SOOO many people annoyed by "randomly" dealt hands?
    FWIW I would have been worried about the flush in the first hand?

Glen

p.s. Up to £16:64!

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Another farcical "randomly" dealt action hand : Soory to be a pain again Dohh but what is "rng" ? Also, why are SOOO many people annoyed by "randomly" dealt hands? FWIW I would have been worried about the flush in the first hand? Glen p.s. Up to £16:64!
    Posted by Glenelg

rng =Random Number Generator...used to shuffle the cards...

a lot of people believe that this is the cause of the amount of Action hands..

i myself do not...

i think the rng works fine....

• edited April 2011
    i think the rng works fine.

And the world is flat, and the moon is made of cheese!

lol

• edited April 2011
    i think the rng works fine. And the world is flat, and the moon is made of cheese! lol
    Posted by snorky

DJ is right, the RNG works just fine. It does what it's supposed to do - it generates random sequences of cards. It can't really do anything other than that. It has the ability to generate lots and lots of card sequences - in fact far more than are needed in any tournament or ring game.  As DJ says, the question isn't with the RNG, but rather with the sub-routines and algorithms that distribute the sequences to the players. 

The certificate of conformity awarded to the RNG only certifies that it performs within expected parameters. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Another farcical "randomly" dealt action hand : DJ is right, the RNG works just fine. It does what it's supposed to do - it generates random sequences of cards. It can't really do anything other than that. It has the ability to generate lots and lots of card sequences - in fact far more than are needed in any tournament or ring game.  As DJ says, the question isn't with the RNG, but rather with the sub-routines and algorithms that distribute the sequences to the players.  The certificate of conformity awarded to the RNG only certifies that it performs within expected parameters. What happens after that is anyone's guess.
    Posted by elsadog
    Not convinced "certifies that it performs within expected parameters" and what parameters are these? No one knows and no one can find out.Yet again i will state i do not beleive ANYONE has an advantage over anyone else we all have to play within the realms of the way the RNG is programmed BUT and is a big but.The term random and what certifies something as being random is questionable as we do not know and are never likely to find out the people who design and test the RNG consider random.IF i deal 520 cards out and 10 aces come out, ten kings come out, ten queens come out etc so everything appears to be random then we could say this is a random outcome. (as each card should come out the same number of times over a massive amount of hands).If over 24 hours the each card comes out the same amount of times plus or minus three percent then we could say this is random.Expand this to a year and yet again each card comes oiut the same amount of times plus or minus three percent =random? However if the hands are predetermnd ie I design 10 million hands(more likely ten times this) and randomly select a hand everytime one is dealt is it not possible to design a lot of action hands into this and still dictate that the hands are selected RANDOMLY and pass the test wich certifies that each hand is Random.Unlike some, I DO NOT KNOW the answer and am willing to admit that i could be completely and utterly wrong.I do question how some on here have the same amount of knowledge as me ie NONE and still state that the RNG is completely random and there is nothing wrong with it at all?
    I beleive the RNg could be improved on and we would not see the action hands that we are seeing at present.They do in fact challenge the term random.As stated though my opinion no proof and NO ONE HAS AN ADVANTAGE OVER OTHER PEOPLE.

My two pennies (conspiracy is all around us).Love sky poker it rocks would never say it could not be improved though.   
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Another farcical "randomly" dealt action hand : Not convinced "certifies that it performs within expected parameters" and what parameters are these? No one knows and no one can find out.Yet again i will state i do not beleive ANYONE has an advantage over anyone else we all have to play within the realms of the way the RNG is programmed BUT and is a big but.The term random and what certifies something as being random is questionable as we do not know and are never likely to find out the people who design and test the RNG consider random.IF i deal 520 cards out and 10 aces come out, ten kings come out, ten queens come out etc so everything appears to be random then we could say this is a random outcome. (as each card should come out the same number of times over a massive amount of hands).If over 24 hours the each card comes out the same amount of times plus or minus three percent then we could say this is random.Expand this to a year and yet again each card comes oiut the same amount of times plus or minus three percent =random? However if the hands are predetermnd ie I design 10 million hands(more likely ten times this) and randomly select a hand everytime one is dealt is it not possible to design a lot of action hands into this and still dictate that the hands are selected RANDOMLY and pass the test wich certifies that each hand is Random.Unlike some, I DO NOT KNOW the answer and am willing to admit that i could be completely and utterly wrong.I do question how some on here have the same amount of knowledge as me ie NONE and still state that the RNG is completely random and there is nothing wrong with it at all? I beleive the RNg could be improved on and we would not see the action hands that we are seeing at present.They do in fact challenge the term random.As stated though my opinion no proof and NO ONE HAS AN ADVANTAGE OVER OTHER PEOPLE. My two pennies (conspiracy is all around us).Love sky poker it rocks would never say it could not be improved though.   
    Posted by snorky

But that's far too complex. IF it is rigged it would be much simpler to have the RNG do as it is supposed to. That way it passes all tests and is certified. However because it is able to produce far more sequences than are ever needed the ''fix'' can be brought in after generation. 

Let me try and give you an example.........

The RNG outputs 1,000 sequences. All these sequences can be easily graded - we will call them as follows:

A = Action hands where more than one player is likely to become involved and take it to the river. All-in's are likely.
    B= Suck-out hands where soft play is punished (removing soft players speeds the game up).
    C= Sequences taken at random - outcome unknown.

The result of all hands is known in advance. Hands could be distributed to the table in any sequence as long as the RNG sequence remains unchanged. New players could easily be given an advantage over more established players. There are many benefits to the site from giving new players a helping hand. Elimination of players at bubble time or to speed up the game. The sequences would be random generated from the RNG but not all would be used. Checks undertaken are on the RNG output and would conform. Equalising players and causing all available cash to rotate and therebye generating more rake. All these things would be fairly simple. And the RNG still passes the tests.

Questions relating to what happens to the generated sequences remain unanswered.

• edited May 2011
    That's what i was trying to say ELSA but you put it so much more eloquently than i did.

This is how i suspect the RNG works it does not give ANYONE an advantage over anyone else so it is FAIR but does sort of negate the mathematics that are an integral part of poker.

Just to give an example i frequently see four suited cards come down allowing the underdog to win against a much better hand.I suspect the four suited cards are always coming in and the RNG has not just randomly selected these cards prior to the deal.

But as happens I quite often get the four suited cards that allow me to crack the AA so it's swings and roundabouts and not unfair.

I'm not giving any secrets away but you can adjust your play to compensate for this i will give you just one example. If i am Just in the money and get dealt AJ and i am not in the small blind I am ditching it.Why because i consider this a cooler hand and i bump into QQ KK AK or 10/10 (or all four lol)so many times it is frightening.It has become known as my death hand and i have been dumped out of tourneys so many times now on this hand i consider it unplayable when deep into a tourney.

It makes me feel i know how the system works when i ditch AJ just to watch 2 others go all in on KK AK especially on the bubble.

These are my thoughts and i know many people disagree, Poker is like religion there are those who beleive and those who don't proving anything either way is extremely difficult and comes down mainly to faith.

Not trying to convert anyone one way or another but this is area 51 and would be boring if we used it to big up SKY Poker all the time lol.      
  • edited May 2011
    That's what i was trying to say ELSA but you put it so much more eloquently than i did. This is how i suspect the RNG works it does not give ANYONE an advantage over anyone else so it is FAIR but does sort of negate the mathematics that are an integral part of poker. Just to give an example i frequently see four suited cards come down allowing the underdog to win against a much better hand.I suspect the four suited cards are always coming in and the RNG has not just randomly selected these cards prior to the deal. But as happens I quite often get the four suited cards that allow me to crack the AA so it's swings and roundabouts and not unfair. I'm not giving any secrets away but you can adjust your play to compensate for this i will give you just one example. If i am Just in the money and get dealt AJ and i am not in the small blind I am ditching it.Why because i consider this a cooler hand and i bump into QQ KK AK or 10/10 (or all four lol)so many times it is frightening.It has become known as my death hand and i have been dumped out of tourneys so many times now on this hand i consider it unplayable when deep into a tourney. It makes me feel i know how the system works when i ditch AJ just to watch 2 others go all in on KK AK especially on the bubble. These are my thoughts and i know many people disagree, Poker is like religion there are those who beleive and those who don't proving anything either way is extremely difficult and comes down mainly to faith. Not trying to convert anyone one way or another but this is area 51 and would be boring if we used it to big up SKY Poker all the time lol.      
    Posted by snorky

Good post

• edited May 2011

This sums up the randomness of sky pokers RNg all in one hand.

On the bubble

snorky Small blind  1500.00 1500.00 2715.00
    whistler16 Big blind  3000.00 4500.00 15970.00
      Your hole cards
    • K

stickz19 Fold     
    blackops74 Fold     
    SNAFFLER Fold     
    samantha25 Fold     
    snorky All-in  2715.00 7215.00 0.00
    whistler16 Call  1215.00 8430.00 14755.00
    snorky Show
    • K

whistler16 Show

Flop

• A
    • K

Turn

• Q

River

• J

whistler16 Win Straight to the Ace
    Typed in the dialog box "of course" even before the cards came down.

My suspitions are hardly without foundation or evidence just don't want to post all the action hands tonight just don't have time.
    My question is it this really neccessary.Why not have something that is actually random.

Even further on my side of the fence now. 
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Another farcical "randomly" dealt action hand : got to be honest was expecting the flush..:) ul..
    Posted by djblacke04

LOL!

This....Guess my prediction skills are rubbish ;o))

xx
  • edited May 2011
    This sums up the randomness of sky pokers RNg all in one hand. On the bubble snorky Small blind   1500.00 1500.00 2715.00 whistler16 Big blind   3000.00 4500.00 15970.00   Your hole cards 2 K       stickz19 Fold         blackops74 Fold         SNAFFLER Fold         samantha25 Fold         snorky All-in   2715.00 7215.00 0.00 whistler16 Call   1215.00 8430.00 14755.00 snorky Show 2 K       whistler16 Show 2 10       Flop     A K 7       Turn     Q       River     J       whistler16 Win Straight to the Ace Typed in the dialog box "of course" even before the cards came down. My suspitions are hardly without foundation or evidence just don't want to post all the action hands tonight just don't have time. My question is it this really neccessary.Why not have something that is actually random. Even further on my side of the fence now. 
    Posted by snorky
    The problem is the size of your stack...you are gonna get looked up by any 2 here...if you had accumulated more chips earlier then your shove would have had meaning, the 10 2 would have been folded and you would have scooped the blinds....try to get your stack up to a decent amount much earlier to stop calls like this. FWIW I can't really see how you can blame the rng here..the guy could have easily had an ace, would you be saying the rng was at fault there too?

xx
  • edited May 2011
    It's king 2 against Ten 2, ...... or 2nd pair bottom kicker against a single card straight.

If you were 1,000 big blinds deep I still bet no more than 2xbb's each would be committed to this hand.

Totally rigged for action.

• edited May 2011
    I agree was always gonna get looked up with any two cards.
    The pot odds dictate that, but do we have to go through the rigmarole of me being ahead after the flop just to have yet another runner runner straight draw.
    I have k2 i have no choice considering the blinds but to go all in hopefully he turns over AA AK or 66 and i go in behind why does it have to go runner runner when you are ahead on so many hands.
     When some one offers you something and snatches it away at the last minute then pretends to hand it to you again and snatches it away again how long befor ya get just a little bit tired of it.Oh hang on it becomes predictable cos you know what it coming that is what it feels like seeing it over and over again.

Just deal the guy a 3 tens on the flop and get it over with.

• edited May 2011

And trips i like your advice i try to build a chip stack or else i know i gonna be in this position.Not easy sometimes when you getting very little in the way of cards but sometimes it's all about holding on chip and a chair stuff.TBH if the guy had an ace he would of went in ahead and therefore i wouldn't say anything it would be SOOOOO refreshing to get knocked out of a tourney when i have actually gone in behind.It's the runner runner or four card flushes, miracle cards on the turn and river that seem just that little bit (for little see v often) too frequent for me to be truly happy.
    If they change the term random number generator to selective sequence of ready made hand generator don't think i would be able to moan at all.

And wheres the fun in that.I will win tommorrow no doubt it will be my turn to hit runner runner so all evens out 

• igeige
    edited May 2011
    played 3 dym tonight had quad aces, beaten later by quad4s,partner played 10.35 speed wins with quad js then also same table quad 8s appear lol.4 quads in space of 2 hours wtf
  • edited May 2011
    played 3 dym tonight had quad aces, beaten later by quad4s,partner played 10.35 speed wins with quad js then also same table quad 8s appear lol.4 quads in space of 2 hours wtf
    Posted by ige
    Could happen all above board ,nothing to see here, move along please, make fresh deposit lol
  • igeige
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Another farcical "randomly" dealt action hand : Could happen all above board ,nothing to see here, move along please, make fresh deposit lol
    Posted by snorky
    lmao, 

4 ks makes that 5
  • edited May 2011
    dont talk to me aFORDYCESmall blind £0.10£0.10£20.98pod1Big blind £0.20£0.30£36.18 Your hole cards10K   billben814Fold    kim1987Fold    victoriousFold    CHEEZY67Raise £0.80£1.10£24.72FORDYCEFold    pod1Call £0.60£1.70£35.58Flop  K103   pod1Check    CHEEZY67Bet £1.70£3.40£23.02pod1Raise £3.80£7.20£31.78CHEEZY67All-in £23.02£30.22£0.00pod1Call £20.92£51.14£10.86pod1Show10K   CHEEZY67Show33   Turn  8   River  J   CHEEZY67WinThree 3s£49.34 £49.34PrevClose windowNbout action hands!!
  • edited May 2011
    5 hands later!CHEEZY67Small blind £0.10£0.10£54.03FORDYCEBig blind £0.20£0.30£20.48 Your hole cardsKJ   pod1Raise £0.60£0.90£8.01billben814Call £0.60£1.50£17.10kim1987Fold    CHEEZY67Fold    FORDYCEFold    Flop  K5K   pod1Bet £0.60£2.10£7.41billben814Call £0.60£2.70£16.50Turn  3   pod1Bet £1.20£3.90£6.21billben814Raise £2.40£6.30£14.10pod1All-in £6.21£12.51£0.00billben814Call £5.01£17.52£9.09pod1ShowKJ   billben814Show3K   River  7   billben814WinFull House, Kings and 3s£16.64 £25.73PrevClose windowNext