You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Time for a change...

2»

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Greg,

Mature OP mate. As opposed to Tikay, who is an immature OAP.

Announcing you're having a break, but with no moaning and a bolt-on reason to sit out for a bit. Friends and family. Liking your work there.

Looking forward to your return as, in the meantime, I have no-one else who's challenged in the sartorial department to make wisecracks about. Other than myself.

Btw- LOLOLOLOL at you leaving precisely 56p in your account. No relevance to that particular figure of course... ;)
  • edited May 2011
            i for one will miss our £2 10 seater sngs ,chilling out late evenings ..........i think we all need to sit back ,and take a long hard look at how many hours we put in .................i know myself i play way too much ,and it has taken up much more of my free time (if not all)..............so with a long hard look at myself ,im gonna be joining you ,im still gonna play but not so much ,.......................i work nights every other week ,and i play from 7 in the morning up till 2 in the afternoons sometimes ,then i dont get enough sleep and am knackered when i go back to work ..............its not right ............im gonna slow it right down and play ,when it feels right to play ...............................it can ,and does take over your life ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,gl greg
  • edited May 2011
    Good luck, Hoggers. Enjoy your time away and hope you get back on track with your family, friends, fashion etc. See you again soon :)
    All the best
    Elliot
  • edited May 2011

Enjoy the break Greg will keep in touch on FB & meet up in Nottingham for a beer or 2 take care of yourself m8y

Michael
  • edited May 2011
    Good Luck Hoggers!!

I admire your Discipline, My friend

Au Revoir
  • edited May 2011
    i give it a mnth!!  you can do a lot in a mnth, you can take family out for meals, go drinking with your brother go watch spurs finish 6th in the league, pull a young lady and finish with her, re design your wardrobe including throwing away some of those gastly shirts and catch up on box sets of "lost" "24" and "boadwalk empire". june will look sooo good after that and you can then come back and give me a lesson or 2 at nl30.    gl mate   phil
  • edited May 2011
    WHOA!!!!!!

what have you started here greg?.now everyone's jumping on the bandwagon and announcing they"might take a break!"
    we are going to have no players left,best thing is to rethink and come back!

ps richard calling tk an oap,disgusting!
  • edited May 2011
    enjoy your break greg, you will be missed by all hope to see you back on the tables soon.
  • edited May 2011
    Greg

Got to admit I'm a bit gutted to be honest but I admire and respect you immensely for making this decision for the reasons you have.  Take some time away, get the important things sorted and see where it takes you.

I hope to see you at the grand final at DTD mate, I'll buy you a drink and take 56p of your action.

Take care good buddy.
  • edited May 2011
    A couple of years ago i was playing too much as well, now i only play the 7:15 and 7:45 deepys and cash sometimes when im drunk at the weekends lol, i found i was also playing more at the end of the month to 'rack up them points' now i only manage 400 odd points a month and it doesnt bother me. I finish work each day at 4, i walk the dog, play with the kids etc, i never play poker on a saturday until the night time and dont play on a Sunday, or a thursday (dart night) i find this gives me plenty of time to do other things. Anyone who plays low stakes, is not a pro, especially if married with kids and gets 1000 + points a month is probably neglecting other things. Its all about getting the balance right - hope to see you back soon.
  • edited May 2011

take as long as you want gregg sky poker is always here, but you know, its hard not to love this game,you know,that rush,you just want it more..take care m8....sean

• edited May 2011

Best of luck Hoggers, we should all have a goodbye drink in Al's Bar before you go!

Keith
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Time for a change...:
    I think a lot of us here will be thinking "that's me also". I think time for life outside Sky is an important consideration. I find myself making excuses for playing extra nights, and am grumpy with the kids when i shouldn't be. Think I'll be taking a leaf out of the book of Hogg.
    Posted by Eyeman
    Know what you mean - don,t have kids but a girlfriend who I haven,t taken out for weeks, and mates I haven,t seen for a while  mainly due to playing on here, although I,ve come to the decision of evrything in moderation so instead of leaving altogethor I just put aside some days where i bar myself from playing and concentrate on other things - tocuh wood its working out so far

Gl gregg - Hope you find the right balance  
  • edited May 2011
    I beat Hoggers in a forum SnG when heads up, again, and he throws a right old strop!

Enjoy the 5 hours a night you have just reclaimed.

Take care Greg, see you soon mate.
  • edited May 2011
    Greg I admire and respect ur post and ur reasons. Your reasons are so sensible and I imagine will make a lot of players think about their own hours spent playing!!! (I know I am)

Really enjoy ur break and family time etc etc and I look forward to seeing u sometime soon :)
  • edited May 2011

Top man you greg ,
     enjoy your time out bud .

Tc of yourself

• edited May 2011
    Fair play to you, Good luck Hoggers.
  • edited May 2011
    will miss you big guy.. even know we do not know each other pesonally.. we talk here and facebook and you are a top guy.. im sure that you are making the right decision.. i did the same a few months back.. was playing way too much, not spending time with the family and playing beyond my means etc etc... i didnt self exclude as i do and still enjoy the odd game with friends now and again and am looking forward spt cardiff.. hope to see you there mate.. even if you are not playing you could pop down for a few dinkies with the boys :)
  • edited May 2011
    Don't do facepaint or tw*tter......so stay in touch........even when you don't make Europe.....take care fella
  • edited May 2011

ok,time to reveal,greggs got a bird..:)

gd lk m8..

• edited May 2011
    Very sensible decision Greg. I can empathise completely and am trying to ensure that I take 2 or 3 nights off a week now, because it was getting pretty ridiculous:

Work, home, food, online poker, bed, work, food poker etc. I seemed to go from 26 to 31 in a flash, and have even put off meeting up with friends to play poker, although have never admitted the reason why...

I would find it difficult to just not play at all for a considerable period of time, but full credit to you for recognising that you need to do something, and doing it :-) 
  • edited May 2011
    Greggerrrsssssssss!!!!!!

Probably a really very grown up decision you've made there but I will be sad not to see you in Leeds pal!!! As you know I've taken a similar decision to swerve the pokerz and forumz recently so that I can concentrate on passing my stupid exams..then it's family time and pokerz all summer long wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Best make it to DTD though...you don't want to feel the wrath of Irene innit?

Miss ya while yer gone...Enjoy your break, you know where we are if you need anything!

ORANGE HUGSSSSSS

xx
  • edited May 2011