You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Thewster gets a special invitation.......

edited May 2011 in Poker Chat

Next Friday, in Madrid, there is a very special, first ever, EPT "Tournament of Champions".

It is "Invite Only", & open ONLY to EPT Main Event Winners.

The player list is like a who's who of Poker, too, it includes....

Roberto

Toby

Jake

Liv

Bertrand

Gavin

Vicky

Patrik

Noah

Ram

Note, by the way, only first names are needed - these are proper stars.

Also includes is one......

Julian

Pretty neat, eh?

Comments

• edited May 2011

Julian will be flying out on Thursday,. playing it on Friday, & returning home on Saturday.

The Event will have a TV/Feature Table, & will be live-streamed by EPT TV.

No idea if Thewy will get on the Feature Table, or mentioned in the commentary, but I gather the Live Stream commentator is one J Hartigan......
  • edited May 2011

So are you basically trying to tell everyone that Thewy will not be playing the TOT rebuy next week?

BTW, is this going to be 'covered' here or elsewhere do you know?

Praz?......Sam?....Richard? ( :)) )
  • edited May 2011
    is Jens playing?
  • edited May 2011
    wearing sky apparell?
  • edited May 2011

Sky Poker are undecided as to whether to send someone out to follow his hand by hand progress, & the Tourney as a whole, but they might.....

Mr M said to me yesterday, "if you think it worthwhile, sort out a Hotel, jump on a plane, just sort it & do it". So I might just.

I'm undecided as of yet. There MAY be easier, more cost-effective ways, of doing it, as I have many friends in the Updating business who would deffo assist if asked.

We shall see, but I think it's rather exciting.

Jules will be wearing his Sky Poker apparel, of course. Look out for the smurf blue hoodie!

I reckon if he can take that Tourney down, I could persuade Mr M to put up a little celebration Freeroll, too....
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Thewster gets a special invitation.......:
    wearing sky apparell?
    Posted by hurst05
    yeah is he repping sky or pstars
  • edited May 2011
    wearing sky apparell?
    Posted by hurst05
    You bet he will!
  • edited May 2011
    Sky Poker are undecided as to whether to send someone out to follow his hand by hand progress, & the Tourney as a whole, but they might..... Mr M said to me yesterday, "if you think it worthwhile, sort out a Hotel, jump on a plane, sort & do it".   I'm undecided as of yet. There MAY be easier, more cost-effective ways, of doing it, as I have many friends in the Updating business who would deffo assist if asked. We shall see, but I think it's rather exciting. Jules will be wearing his Sky Poker apparel, of course. Look out for the smurf blue hoodie! I reckon if he can take that Tourney down, I could persuase Mr M to put up a little celebration Freeroll, too....
    Posted by Tikay10
    sorry tk post at same is julian away from pstars and full time sky now?
  • edited May 2011
    is Jens playing?
    Posted by N1CK
    Jens Kyllonon? Well he has an Invite, yes.

So will Rupert Elder, who won the San Remo EPT the day before yesterday, for about €900,000. Rupert is a regular player on the Sky Poker Cash Tables, in case you were not aware.

Sky Poker - home of the greats. And Rich Orford.
  • edited May 2011
    Is there any chance of an MTT to play for stakes in TSP members in future tikay? Would be fun for us railers, not sure how the players wou;d feel about it though!
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Thewster gets a special invitation....... : sorry tk post at same is julian away from pstars and full time sky now?
    Posted by RAB642
    No worries, Rab.

Yes, he signed exclusively with Sky Poker about 3 weeks ago.

His first Sky Poker Blog went up today, it is
    HERE

He will be on tonight's TV Show on Channel 865 at 8pm, too, so if you have any questions for him, please e-Mail them to skyopen@bskyb.com, or Post them on this thread, & I'll make sure he gets them.
  • edited May 2011
    So are you basically trying to tell everyone that Thewy will not be playing the TOT rebuy next week? BTW, is this going to be 'covered' here or elsewhere do you know? Praz?......Sam?....Richard? ( :)) )
    Posted by MAXALLY
    See my subsequent Post, Alan.

Sam & Praz will not be present, as neither have won an EPT Main Event, (sick brag) & Richard Orford's availability is unknown at present. But I'll ask him on tonight's Show.....
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Thewster gets a special invitation....... : Jens Kyllonon? Well he has an Invite, yes. So will Rupert Elder, who won the San Remo EPT the day before yesterday, for about €900,000. Rupert is a regular player on the Sky Poker Cash Tables, in case you were not aware. Sky Poker - home of the greats. And Rich Orford.
    Posted by Tikay10
    really whats his nick on sky? i have heard of him think hes from stowmarket suffolk
  • edited May 2011
    Is there any chance of an MTT to play for stakes in TSP members in future tikay? Would be fun for us railers, not sure how the players wou;d feel about it though!
    Posted by DannyMcs
    Hi Danny,

I'm not sure if that idea has ever been considered, tbh, but I like the thinking.

Sky Poker really are keen to keep the "Community aspect" strong, so that's something I'm sure they'll look at.

There will deffo be a privately organised (by me!) bit of staking fun for the Community soon, though. Watch this space. Or that space.
  • edited May 2011
    Im free to go to Madrid if you don't fancy it tikay :)

Gl Julian!! 
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Thewster gets a special invitation....... : really whats his nick on sky? i have heard of him think hes from stowmarket suffolk
    Posted by N1CK
    He has been playing a goodly bit on Sky Poker of late, & this will continue, & he'll be at SPT Leeds this Friday & Saturday.

There'll also be a Thewy Tourney soon on Sky Poker, too, & maybe some Thewy-based challenges.

I certainly intend to challenge him to some Heads Up action soon. Should be a shoe in for me, that one.

His screen nick is "yoyo".

He lives in West Bridgford, Notts, right behind Trent Bridge Cricket Ground.

Incredibly - & this could only happen to hin, he's such a luckbox - he lives in "Julian Road". Sick brag, that.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Thewster gets a special invitation....... : No worries, Rab. Yes, he signed exclusively with Sky Poker about 3 weeks ago. His first Sky Poker Blog went up today, it is HERE He will be on tonight's TV Show on Channel 865 at 8pm, too, so if you have any questions for him, please e-Mail them to skyopen@bskyb.com , or Post them on this thread, & I'll make sure he gets them.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thats very good news he presents himself and sounds as if he will be a very good ambasador for sky.

wot about the raiser, is he on the books too, cause he`s the real deal too?
  • edited May 2011
    That's great, thanks tikay. There was such strong support both live & virtual for everyone at the GUKPT I thought it might spice things up a bit and give people chance to support their favorite players. Could perhaps even be bragging rights involved for the team members, "I got the most entries in my staking tournament" :) Good to know the idea will go into the hat anyway, ta.

• edited May 2011
    Im free to go to Madrid if you don't fancy it tikay :) Gl Julian!! 
    Posted by dylan12
    You don't have my touch-typing skills, Dyl, sorry.

Don't forget to send in some questions for him on tonight's Show, or Orford will hog the limelight.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Thewster gets a special invitation....... : He has been playing a goodly bit on Sky Poker of late, & this will continue, & he'll be at SPT Leeds this Friday & Saturday. There'll also be a Thewy Tourney soon on Sky Poker, too, & maybe some Thewy-based challenges. I certainly intend to challenge him to some Heads Up action soon. Should be a shoe in for me, that one. His screen nick is "yoyo". He lives in West Bridgford, Notts, right behind Trent Bridge Cricket Ground. Incredibly - & this could only happen to hin, he's such a luckbox - he lives in "Julian Road". Sick brag, that.
    Posted by Tikay10
     Rupert Elder playing on sky i thought you was talking about
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Thewster gets a special invitation....... :   Rupert Elder playing on sky i thought you was talking about
    Posted by N1CK
    Oh, I seeeeeeeeee

Rupert's screen-name on Sky Poker, well as it seems to be an open secret, I believe it is "ElRupert".

You may be seeing him on Channel 865 too, soon, and maybe "In The Well", too. We were on the 'phone to him before he'd got home to England! 
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Thewster gets a special invitation....... : thats very good news he presents himself and sounds as if he will be a very good ambasador for sky. wot about the raiser, is he on the books too, cause he`s the real deal too?
    Posted by RAB642
    Ian Fraser will be working with Sky Poker a good deal, yes, initially on Channel 865 as an Analyst, & he was at Luton SPT, & hopes to be at Leeds SPT this weekend, too. He might do some other stuff with Sky Poker, too......

All happening here, eh?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Thewster gets a special invitation....... : Ian Fraser will be working with Sky Poker a good deal, yes, initially on Channel 865 as an Analyst, & he was at Luton SPT, & hopes to be at Leeds SPT this weekend, too. He might do some other stuff with Sky Poker, too...... All happening here, eh?
    Posted by Tikay10
    that sounds good, I should see you all on friday then as i will be going to my first spt, and should make it down to play the friday night freezeout cheers tk

RAB
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Thewster gets a special invitation....... : Oh, I seeeeeeeeee Rupert's screen-name on Sky Poker, well as it seems to be an open secret, I believe it is "ElRupert". You may be seeing him on Channel 865 too, soon, and maybe "In The Well", too. We were on the 'phone to him before he'd got home to England! 
    Posted by Tikay10
    i bet you were
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Thewster gets a special invitation....... : Ian Fraser will be working with Sky Poker a good deal, yes, initially on Channel 865 as an Analyst, & he was at Luton SPT, & hopes to be at Leeds SPT this weekend, too. He might do some other stuff with Sky Poker, too...... All happening here, eh?
    Posted by Tikay10
    is Fraser still signed with Party?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Thewster gets a special invitation....... : is Fraser still signed with Party?
    Posted by N1CK
    No, Ian parted company with them some time ago, 9 months ago I think.

The times they are-a-changing.
  • edited May 2011
    did beaneh have a stake in rupert!? seems the norm lol
  • edited May 2011
    did beaneh have a stake in rupert!? seems the norm lol
    Posted by hurst05
    Not that I'm aware of.

I believe Rupert sold a good deal of his EPT San Remo action on 2+2, in fact.

MBN to get lucky when staking guys, eh?.......
  • edited May 2011
    p.s. im also free to go to madrid. a yorkshireman and a welshman on hand for live updates. :)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The Thewster gets a special invitation....... : No, Ian parted company with them some time ago, 9 months ago I think. The times they are-a-changing.
    Posted by Tikay10
    ian fraser would be perfect for sky has he been offered a deal yet?