You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Site running VERY SLOW!!

Is anyone else having this problem? Iv spoke to 1 or 2 other people and they agree... You see the person before you act, yet its another 2 seconds before you get your move... Very frustrating and putting me on tilt ...

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Yes, the same issue that we had during Friday's Primo I think.  It was fine on the cash tables for me about 45 mins ago.

Wonde if this has anything to do with the live show being cancelled???
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Site running VERY SLOW!!:
    Yes, the same issue that we had during Friday's Primo I think.  It was fine on the cash tables for me about 45 mins ago. Wonde if this has anything to do with the live show being cancelled???
    Posted by scotty77
     Spoke to some1 playing cash atm, and they said its running fine...??? Is it just MTT's??
  • edited September 2009
    Well what a waste of time and money that was!!! Playing a 7 min blind game is hard enough, but when the game runs as slow as it did its impossible!!
  • edited September 2009
    Well what a waste of time and money that was!!! Playing a 7 min blind game is hard enough, but when the game runs as slow as it did its impossible!!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    case for a refund of entry fee here i think.
  • edited September 2009
    Its been running slow on and off since they did the upgrade!
  • codcod
    edited September 2009
    Its been running slow on and off since they did the upgrade!
    Posted by Huck_Nall
    slower the better m8
  • edited September 2009
    ITS GETTING WORSE AND WORSE AND NOTHING IS DONE!!!
  • edited September 2009
    YEP!!!!

Sky missed out on a lot of rake tonight i imagine!!.. i didnt play any cash because of it, the MTT im in seems to be ok, but cash earlier was unplayable
  • edited September 2009
    Yes I noticed it earlier on the only (DYM) game I've played today.
    It seemed at it's worst preflop when it was meant to be dealing, and even though it was better after that it was certainly not perfect.
  • edited September 2009
    Can't get a cash table up atm.

Also last night from 2am no one could log on to the site at all and I kept getting kicked off live chat when asking about it.
  • edited September 2009
    Cash table i am playing on is so slow its painful, at one point it went so slow, it sat the whole table out........i think i will call it a night, cant play like this..
  • edited September 2009
    Cash tables running very very slooooooooooooow, come on SKY get your act together.

PLEASE
  • edited September 2009
    was playin 5 tables must of only seen 40 hands in the last hour, not good. Has it got anything to do with the fact of over 4000 people r online theres not normaly that many. i have had the same problem when there is a freeroll on, like 1000 runners or so. SKY u want to get the numbers up on the site so please do something about the software.
  • edited September 2009

with all the other poker sites on line im giving sky poker one more week to sort the slowness out been a player here 4 two years ,poker unplayable at the moment but sky still wants ur money 4 a service

• edited September 2009
    In Response to Site running VERY SLOW!!:
    Very frustrating and putting me on tilt ...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Absolutely true,

P.S.
    And also while im here, it was this tactic used by a clearly popular player against me in a 1 off monthly tourny(of which i cannot forgive), and said to be acceptable by a large part of this community (but not including flash here).  And the reason I have give up on this very clicky forum. This post maybe the final nail in my coffin, but im about give up with sky for so many problems in the forums and with the tables.

GL all. 
  • edited September 2009
    maybe your all getting too much cash for points and they are slowing you down at the end of the month lol
  • edited September 2009

This is a copy of a Post I wrote on another thread.

Hi Guys,

I share your frustration - I do.

I've been on the Site all evening, & though my Tables were fine - I'm blessed - lots of you have told me of the problems.

I have sent a detailed Report of all the issues to the Suits - they have it now - & I'm sure it will get sorted overnight.

I can't really say any more - them's the facts.

I'll be back on the Site in the morning, & so if anyone wants to bash me up, you'll know where to find me. Eeek.

I'm hopeful it will all be sorted by tomorrow morning. I can't apologise as such, because I'm not really on board, but I'm a player here, too, 6 nights a week, & I do share your frustration. 
  • edited September 2009
    Oh well looks like another 'Apology Freeroll' coming lol ;)
  • edited September 2009
    To add to what tikay has just said....

Apologies for the issues that the site has been having over the last couple of evenings guys, it is something we are looking into as a matter of urgency.  I will report back with an update as soon as the technical team report back.
    The team and I appreciate your patience in the interim.

Regards,

Des.
  • edited September 2009
    To add to what tikay has just said.... Apologies for the issues that the site has been having over the last couple of evenings guys, it is something we are looking into as a matter of urgency.  I will report back with an update as soon as the technical team report back. The team and I appreciate your patience in the interim. Regards, Des.
    Posted by Sky_Des
     Thanks Des... Im sure everyone will be patient as long as we get updates on whats going on etc.. Obviously you cant say certain things on a public forum, but if you or another sky mod/suit would give us updates on the error that would be much appreciated.. We accept that you will get problems from time to time, thats technology for you, but to take 2 days to get a reply to the thread when clearly so many people are having problems is almost as frustrating as the problem itself...

Thanks for your help, hope we are back to normal soon :-)
  • edited September 2009

Just took 15 minutes to log in. Pages going wild, kept throwing up security certificate errors and taking me back to 'page could not be found' messages.

Sky whats going on?

• edited September 2009
    Just sat in a DYM and timer kept putting me out of every hand even though i had called/raised/folded.  I had a virus checker running in the background of my desktop. (something I tend to do weekly, dont want to find my bank account empty/husband sold or car borrowed by some fella who told me to click here to see more hard core pawn)
    Switching off my virus scan cleaned up the problem immediately. However, most days I am surfing/ reading mail running scans etc at the same time without any issues at all.

Yes i know I have spelt pawn wrong but its asking me to edit my post.
  • edited September 2009
    To add to what tikay has just said.... Apologies for the issues that the site has been having over the last couple of evenings guys, it is something we are looking into as a matter of urgency.  I will report back with an update as soon as the technical team report back. The team and I appreciate your patience in the interim. Regards, Des.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    7pm the night after this posting still no update
  • edited September 2009
    this is silly sky,,,,,15 sec delay on hnds cmon get with it otherwise its pointless entering torns on here...

i know you have more players on site now so dont lose them by being the slowest site in history..

cheers
  • edited September 2009
    Why is there over 4800 people on the site but only 1600 seated???

Are the forums that popular?

I personally think that the 4800 refers to the entire people using the sky bet network at the moment and this has been recently changed from sky poker players only (to make the site look more attractive to passing guests)

I am used to seeing 2000+ on the site with 1500 seated but never these levels.

The tables dont seem that much busier.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi guys,

i'm really sorry the last few days have been so frustrating for everyone. the poker team will provide an update later on today.

thanks again for being understanding.

Rich
  • edited October 2009
    Played 3 tourneys tonight, all worked 100% well, Well done guys, glad it got sorted!!!!
  • edited October 2009
    This cost me around £40 in lost HU STT fees last week because the table would pop up and then freeze with all the buttons saying "default". If i waited a few minutes, the game would appear but the "i'm back" button was somehow disabled, no matter how much i tried to click it. Even closing Firefox and restarting didn't help. Was not at all impressed TBH. Have withdrawn all my funds and am currently playing elsewhere.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi guys, i'm really sorry the last few days have been so frustrating for everyone. the poker team will provide an update later on today. thanks again for being understanding. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich

looks like sky rich u need to send out a gift of some kind to all the customers b4 anymore people leave .
  • edited October 2009
    just paid 24 quid for deep stack semi and i was robbed along with 2 others ...half a game come on sky boffs sort this out  NOW and do we get a refund