You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

does he have kings?

2»

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Snap fold pre, amazed thread has this many posts.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: does he have kings?:
    Snap fold pre, amazed thread has this many posts.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    +1 - standard fold pre, even if he min raises to 40 it's a standard fold. 

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: does he have kings? : had a feelin u'd bring this up 1st of all yes i won a flip 2 stay in the game but my ship with KT was correct, alot of the time it gets thru, this time i got looked up by nines, and won the flip. i think ur failin 2 understand a massive part of the game thou, after that i continued 2 increase my chip count without showing a hand, pressuring the other 3 stacks, inc u, on the bubble as it becomes diff 4 people 2 call unless they wake up with a monster. In this case, by the time i walked my A3 in2 ur JJ u only had 1.2k left, and my stack could afford to take that hit, so i'm ~30% to end the dym there, failin that, i try 2 carry on as before. u need to learn to play the dynamics of a dym, u can't just rely on ur cards
    Posted by SHANXTA

I need to learn? where was the dynamics, in calling a all in with ace 3, offsuit, ppl are only shoving with premium hands. plus i was chip leader for pretty much early stages.

but it was a sick hand hitting jack on turn and river lol, but that was a intense match, glad i got aces in last hand and smooth called so the player went all in with q 10 :D
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: does he have kings? : +1 - standard fold pre, even if he min raises to 40 it's a standard fold. 
    Posted by percival09
    So..what you're saying that in position, with one other player with a suited ace, even if he min raises, ur going to fold???

You seriously going to spend the whole dym waiting for premium hands? blinds increasing fast.

crazy imo :D
  • edited May 2011
    bob, its a fold pre to a 5bb raise, you are too often dominated and in a dym conserving chips is really important. If the raise was smaller and you have good reads and play well postflop you maybe could call, but in general its a standard fold. Looking for good oppurtunities to steal is a better option than making marginal calls pre 
  • edited May 2011
    bob, its a fold pre to a 5bb raise, you are too often dominated and in a dym conserving chips is really important. If the raise was smaller and you have good reads and play well postflop you maybe could call, but in general its a standard fold. Looking for good oppurtunities to steal is a better option than making marginal calls pre 
    Posted by grantorino
    yeh, 5bb's i agree with, if its cash game im folding, however ppl raise it bigger in the early stages to build pot up, hence why i called.

i think the call pre flop depends on your style of play, some have said call is ok, some have said not.

• edited May 2011
    Conversly cash game I'm always calling w As8s OTB, but likely not in the DYM.
  • edited May 2011
    Conversly cash game I'm always calling w As8s OTB, but likely not in the DYM.
    Posted by AMYBR
    even with a 5bb raise?
  • edited May 2011
    I'm not always calling in a cash game, but I like calling in a cash game (esp if a little deep) far better than calling in a dym
  • edited May 2011

lol. this thread is dragging on abit now.

Does anyone actually think he has kings or ace king? lmao.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: does he have kings? : even with a 5bb raise?
    Posted by Crunchybob
    Completely.  To begin with your sat deep enough to absord.  Your money isnt tied to your T chip count.  Secondly you're in position throughout the hand.  Completely missing the flop isnt an issue, whereas it is in the DYM

I mean thats all people are trying to say bud, that you dont want to invest the equity of your Tournament chips when its pretty clear you'll be way behind the vast majority of the time there  Flop comes A high, are you going to like your hand?  Probably not.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: does he have kings? : I need to learn? where was the dynamics, in calling a all in with ace 3, offsuit, ppl are only shoving with premium hands. plus i was chip leader for pretty much early stages. but it was a sick hand hitting jack on turn and river lol, but that was a intense match, glad i got aces in last hand and smooth called so the player went all in with q 10 :D
    Posted by Crunchybob
    lol 

afta my raise i was prob gettin like 10/1 on the call, and cud obv easily afford it with my stack, the hand plays itself

players will not only shove premiums

i give up tryin 2 explain, it's a waste of my time tryin 2 help. hopefully at some point u'll drop the arrogance and realise that u need 2 learn coz currently u dnt av d game 2 beat £5/£10 or higher dyms long term

• edited May 2011
    irrespective of whether it's a min raise, a 5X raise, or an all in, it's a fold.
    I don't know what the opponents are like at DYM's on this site and at this level, but you shouldn't be wanting to get involved with this hand at this level.
    The way the hand plays out is perfect evidence, you hit 2-pair, and fold to an all in, if you're going to play the hand, you have to stack off with 2 pair on that board, and if not, why play it? Bleeding chips!

• edited May 2011
    i am not being arrogant, everyone is just on here criticizing, i lost 200 chips, moved on and ended up cashing. i was simply asking if ppl thought he had ace king or king, as thats wht he is obviously representing.

shan, i completely understand dyms and how to play them, i multitabled 4 earlier and cashed in all. built my br up in a week from a free £5 courtesy of sky to £73 in a week by mainly playing dyms.

i understand everyone is so opinionated on this site. which they are entitled to. but once again i appreciate ppl's help and in all honesty if in the same position again would take a different approach :D
  • edited May 2011
    Diplomacy thy name is crunchy bob :)

Got to admit I dont come across to well on here from time to time eithe :p  Working on it though.

Thing is you have to be confident in your game, ergo abit arrogant, to be a good poker player.

There is a really wide spectrum of approaches/perspectives to read though, so its always good.
  • edited May 2011
    well i am confident, but i wouldnt say arrogant, im not criticizing anyone cos they've been kind enough to take the time to try and help or give opinions. well apart from shan who's basically calling me rubbish lol.
  • edited May 2011

i am not being arrogant, everyone is just on here criticizing, i lost 200 chips, moved on and ended up cashing. iPosted by Crunchybob
    Hi Bob,

Do you remember if Gylo76 cashed?  This has been a good thread for me as I'm fairly new and play quite a few DYM's myself. . 
    Personally, i think he was bluffing BUT being first hand I'd have folded as well. 
    I post regularly on the clinic as I want to learn from the best on the site.
    Re criticism....
    ALL of the contributors to your thread so far are only giving their opinions from their VAST experience.  It goes without saying that they won't all agree.
    Most, if not all, have been around a while and probably answered the same questions on numerous occasions to newbys. 
    Also, more often than not, they are playing multi tables and sometimes posts can seem abrupt.
    Coincidentally,  the person who was most abrupt to me when I first posted ( I didn't understand half of the post &i nearly didn't post again as a result!)  has been the person I've learnt most from!

GL
    Pad
  • edited May 2011
    hey pad, im not too sure if he cashed or not as it was so many dyms ago, ill try look on hand history to see if he was there at end.

how are you getting on with dyms?
  • edited May 2011
    hey pad, im not too sure if he cashed or not as it was so many dyms ago, ill try look on hand history to see if he was there at end. how are you getting on with dyms?
    Posted by Crunchybob
    Doing OK with them. Started 30p/60p etc and have worked up to 1.15/ 3.30. Don't spend a lot of time playing tho. Spend 50% of time studying/watching as ideally I'd like to play cash. Have been trying a few tourneys and generally REALLY enjoying the site.
    P
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: does he have kings? : Doing OK with them. Started 30p/60p etc and have worked up to 1.15/ 3.30. Don't spend a lot of time playing tho. Spend 50% of time studying/watching as ideally I'd like to play cash. Have been trying a few tourneys and generally REALLY enjoying the site. P
    Posted by Glenelg
    seems like ur doing ok with them, my main tip is to make sure u play within ur bankroll limits, ive had some bad suckouts, but if i play in my limits i dont go on tilt and normally just laugh about them lol and post them in area 51 haha.

im glad u enjoy the site, i like it alot more than the other sites, ppl always moan about sky, i mean the rakes aren't as good, but the channel and community make up for it imo.

• edited May 2011
    Again 5 x never call with A8 suited its likely  that your dominated, if it was a min raise or even 3 x a case can be said for flatting but it wasn't so you should fold pre

If i were you i would listen to shanxta he is one of the biggest winners in DYM other then JohnConnor if im correct, so any advice i would welcome and not shoot down
  • edited May 2011
    hey guys, i was asked for the hand id of this hand cos they want to show it on tv, however i can only go back 500 hands and this hand isn't one of them.

is there a way i can get the hand id?

thanks

EDIT: Found it now
  • edited May 2011
    nothing incorrect with the call pre unless you think your ace is good :s
    You only looking for trip 8's or flush tbh
    If you stack offf on a ace high flop then that is bad

he could eaily have AK or KK so you fold

Basically Shan is just saying to you if you keep making these calls your not going to be able to improve
    your game and become a winner at higher levels

There is a big differance in experince here so the views will be a lot differant
    so enjoy
  • edited May 2011
    bout time this thread was wrapped up lol..

ok i probs should of folded pre to a 5x raise. was the first hand and had no reads on anyone. then to my relief i managed to hit a 'perfect flop'. i thought my betting was good.
    then the king fell and he just shoved, hence the post. think the hand is going to be shown on tv, so ill find out if was correct fold.

im sure shan is more experienced than me, im relatively new. didnt mean to come across ungrateful for the advice, but everyone was just telling me the same thing.
    sorry to shan and thanks for all the help as i do appreciate it, and will know in future ace 8 suited is really 7,2 off :)

gl 2 u all
  • edited May 2011
    hey guys, i was asked for the hand id of this hand cos they want to show it on tv, however i can only go back 500 hands and this hand isn't one of them. is there a way i can get the hand id? thanks EDIT: Found it now
    Posted by Crunchybob
    They're showing this on TV, jeez they must be desperate.