You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM decision on the bubble???

2»

Comments

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM decision on the bubble???:
    In Response to Re: DYM decision on the bubble??? : just a quick one, if you cash in them all the time why aren't you in profit? even i fold this and i'm the master of making bad calls!
    Posted by waller02
    lol i did wonder..................

he fails 2 notice he is wrong, even when everyone else posting does not agree

he asks why it is posted if the decision is so clear cut, is it so that people can learn - u see micro cash hands posted all the time - and with all respect 2 micro cash players (this includes myself) - the answer is normally so obv to high stakes regs, however the point is from this people LEARN!
  • edited May 2011
    i completely understand dyms...i play them all the time and cash all the time. how do i do this...by not folding premium hands and by not getting bullied by a larger stacks..with blinds increasing the 2 short stacks are going to shove, therefore winning the blinds as ppl bottle it and dont call. im not saying this will happen for certain, but in my experience this is the case.
    Posted by Crunchybob
    [x] epic fail
  • edited May 2011
    Was waiting for your input on the last

:)
  • edited May 2011
    how am i not in profit..ive deposit no money on sky and have a £75 br..from a free £5 i got couple weeks ago..put 15VEGAS promo in...i work al day play 3-4 hrs a night most nights..not bad going if u ask me.
  • edited May 2011
    i meant i cash in the dyms all the time, not play cash all the time.
    so no epic fail here ty :)
  • edited May 2011
    simple fold, your not trying to win
    top 3 is a win - DYM Dynamic - if this was MTT ALL IN BABY

so fold and wait your chipped up you have no pressure
  • edited May 2011
    i meant i cash in the dyms all the time, not play cash all the time. so no epic fail here ty :)
    Posted by Crunchybob
    i know wot u meant

ur stats must b lyin then
  • edited May 2011
    my stats on? how can u even see my stats?
  • edited May 2011
    Oh i see, on sharkscope :) see all those dym wins ;)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM decision on the bubble??? : lol i did wonder.................. he fails 2 notice he is wrong, even when everyone else posting does not agree he asks why it is posted if the decision is so clear cut, is it so that people can learn - u see micro cash hands posted all the time - and with all respect 2 micro cash players (this includes myself) - the answer is normally so obv to high stakes regs, however the point is from this people LEARN!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Good point Shanxta

The reason I posted it was to learn myself :

The thing is I have been folding some good hands in similar positions and then getting dragged back into the game, so it wasn,t a snap fold, but I did eventually and it paid off. 

But this thread has certainly helped -Loads of good responses + reasoning. regarding my odds , stack sizes and calling off rather than getting money in 1st,  so thanks to all posters : 
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    52THEFLUSH Small blind  150.00 150.00 4402.50
    MP33 Big blind  300.00 450.00 2970.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

domdotcom Fold     
    pokermask Fold     
    52THEFLUSH All-in  4402.50 4852.50 0.00
    MP33 Fold     
    52THEFLUSH Show

52THEFLUSH Win  600.00  600.00
    52THEFLUSH Return  4252.50 0.00 4852.50
    THIS WAS THE HAND AFTER : (AND THE LAST HAND)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    MP33 Small blind  150.00 150.00 2820.00
    domdotcom Big blind  300.00 450.00 1807.50
      Your hole cards

pokermask Fold     
    52THEFLUSH Raise  600.00 1050.00 4252.50
    MP33 Fold     
    domdotcom All-in  1807.50 2857.50 0.00
    52THEFLUSH Call  1507.50 4365.00 2745.00
    domdotcom Show

52THEFLUSH Show
    • J

Flop

• Q
    • J

Turn

River

52THEFLUSH Win Pair of Jacks 4365.00  7110.00

• edited May 2011
    pretty clear fold to me. We're second in chips in decent shape. Getting involved with chip leader here just isnt great.

I rekon we're likley flipping in honesty. And that means we're putting a simple cash on a 50% shot. I think if we have a skill edge we dont need to take the risk.

I noticed a comment above why wouldnt he just raise AA/KK, simple its a dym bubble. shorter stacks will call wider, and its always better to be putting your opponents to the desision than calling off, even with a big hand.

i also seen someone else ask about KK pre here. If i think i have a big edge i likley do fold in honesty, simply because i have the edge and rekon i can pick up blinds by shoving myself.

Also to state im not really a dym player, but my two pennies.
  • edited May 2011
    dammit just realised there was soo many more posts. will read when more away
  • edited May 2011
    I totally understand ppl come on to learn, i come on here to learn to, but just seem like people cant wait to critisize, i posted a hand about me folding top 2 pair when a king hit, asking if ppl think he had kings or ace king... all everyone said was fold pre flop. all i've said is personally i'd call. obv the very next hand u cashed but it could of been different.
  • edited May 2011
    I totally understand ppl come on to learn, i come on here to learn to, but just seem like people cant wait to critisize, i posted a hand about me folding top 2 pair when a king hit, asking if ppl think he had kings or ace king... all everyone said was fold pre flop. all i've said is personally i'd call. obv the very next hand u cashed but it could of been different.
    Posted by Crunchybob
    I welcome all posts - Wouldn,t be the game it is if everyone thought the same way

If the stack sizes had been slightly different or it was me to act 1st , or if the dynamics of the game had been different it might have been a different story and yeah - It could have worked out differently - But I was looking for answers for the long term really and feel re-assured this was the correct decision in this situation and I,ve taken all points mentioned on this thread on board

Cheers for posting - MP 
  • edited May 2011
    Think you have the stacks of two shorties wrong 1200 chips short in total, that been said adding 600 each to there stacks QQ should enter the muck most always, unless hes shoving any 2 and KK becomes a fold sometimes depending on villians range imo. AK is a big leak if called.

Edit: wether I fold QQ in the heat of the game is another matter but from a purely maths, ICM, equity  perspective QQ should be a fold
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM decision on the bubble??? : i know wot u meant ur stats must b lyin then
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Haha there that good he has now locked his stats go figure :D
  • edited May 2011
    lol is this still going on

bringing someones sharkscope stats into a debate is bad form imo. Make your argument on its own merits
  • edited May 2011
    I havent studied dym strat but I reckon its a pretty clear fold. You are never a huge favourite against any range you give him. Anyone able to do an ICM calc for this
    Posted by grantorino
    I did the ICM for this hand adding 600 chips to the two short stacks and got AK as a massive negative equity on the call. The cutoff is QQ only if villian shoves with any two and KK folds from a standard non any two, top 30% range ish (cant remember exactly on villans shove range for KK but it was fairly standard) is a fold.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM decision on the bubble??? : Haha there that good he has now locked his stats go figure :D
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Wow..was waiting for this..

fyi the stats are incorrect..i joined in feb(with free £5) and got my br upto £20, but then played/ran bad and lost it all, deposited about a £10er which got doubled and did the same.

since then i've been watching vids reading guides to improve my game.

i got a free £5 cpl weeks ago i haven't deposited and have made over £70 profit.

not that i have to prove anything to anyone as im not particularly bothered about some stats. like grantorino, talk about stooping low.
  • edited May 2011
    Sorry that was a bit low/immature although i didnt see your stats so for all i know you could be killing them i was just basing on what you said you had been crushing them

We should let this lie really i think you get the point we have and we get your view and obviously agree to disagree

GL at the tables keep up the goodwork