You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

discusted

Comments

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: discusted:
    I SERIOUSLY do not know why people like doh and tikay waste their times talking to people in area 51 or some of the RETARDED PEOPLE in general on the forum, the people in AREA51 are small minded idiots, the YOUNG PEOPLE FROM CHATHAM of the modern world or SOMETHING, as for people moaning and groaning about the guys spelling well, if he gives out abuse he's then GOING TO get it BACK, simple as.
    Posted by CrazyBen23

Exactly

• edited May 2011
    My two pence worth.... for what its worth :) In all honesty I kind of resent many of TK's posts that are derogatory towards people who question online poker, because as a paid representitive of an online poker site , that persons input is comprimised, thats just a fact I'm afraid.  On this point I agree with Elsa. However this thread was directed entirely at TK (in an attacking way) so I think that he does have the right to answer it as he pleases, and to be fair he made a generous offer if the OP could back up his HH.
    Posted by AMYBR
    I'm not sure you meet Crazyben's criteria to post in here

unless you wear burberry and ride a bmx?
  • edited May 2011
    Of course Tikay has the right to answer the OP in any way he chooses, and he's more than qualified to do that should he so choose. He chose not to do that until I pointed out that it was out of order to attack a persons ability to write. The ''I've been personally attacked'' post was a deflection of the point in principle.

Personal attacks on a persons ability, integrity or education are ALL wrong.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: discusted : I'm not sure you meet Crazyben's criteria to post in here unless you wear burberry and ride a bmx?
    Posted by Neildown
    zzzzzz. this isnt a spelling contest, im just saying some of the people who moan n groan in hear just come across as tards
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: discusted : zzzzzz. this isnt a spelling contest, im just saying some of the people who moan n groan in hear just come across as tards
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    Its my attempt a humour, and you fall asleep?!

Not sure i agree with them being tards, there is some very intelligent people that post in here
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: discusted : zzzzzz. this isnt a spelling contest, im just saying some of the people who moan n groan in hear just come across as tards
    Posted by CrazyBen23

Your right in many ways.  It causes the whole of Area 51 to be tarred with the same brush, which is un helpful.

I have issues with online poker, but I dont really vent them anymore as its pointless.  On this TK has a solid point.

If there is an accusation to be made, it should be done on a factual basis, evidence alongside.  As it is quite disrespectful to accuse a group of people of being dishonest without the ability for your argument to stand on solid ground.

However this Moral line does swing both ways.  Where people have experienced things that they cant rationalise they should be able to voice that concern without being demonised and ridiculed, which many community members actively take part in, TK included.  This is as wrong as individuals accusing the establishment of dishonesty IMO.

As always, its only the paid representitives of the site that receive credibility.  Everyone else being labelled as being paranoid, delusional and losing players, regardless of how concise an argument has been made.

The "offical RNG" thread was terminated when very sobering facts were delivered in regard to regulatory bodies.  We've had very serious bad practices and fraud prosecuted by law within the poker community abroad.  There are elements of the debate that ARE worth discussing.  But attempts to do this in a mature informed way have been always shut down.  Its almost as though the industry wants to propagate the image of the losing moaning crazy player, while sweeping the educated informed people with concerns under the carpet/shutting them down.

If an argument is made respectfully and clearly it should be allowed to be heard.  Equally, TK is right, have some evidence to back up your experience.  But as said, that door swings both ways gents.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: discusted : I don't know whether the OP was drunk or has other difficulties with spelling and composition. Neither do you or any other person on here.  Sky and it's representatives have the power to delete the OP's post. The OP has no powers to stop what was an attack on his ability to spell and construct a post. Yes, he made his comments personal to Tikay and I haven't commented on that - neither did anyone else until now. Tikay obviously read the thread before that point and found no reason to reply to the OP whether he found it personally insulting or not. Only when I pointed out that nobody should be denigrated for their apparent inability to spell does Tikay decide to post.  Tikay's a big lad, very experienced and doesn't need you or anyone else to fight his battles. Playing for the sympathy vote works very well though, as you have proved. Making excuses that forum members take him (Tikay) to task over his spelling errors doesn't wash either. There is a huge difference and we all know that. Are we to take it it is OK to laugh at any persons inability to write? When did dyslexia become a joke on here? Or is it just for those who upset Tikay? As far as your thoughts on whether he has 22 years experience, why not take that up with the OP. Challenge him on what he says. Object to his attack on Tikay. Tell him he's mistaken and I won't criticise any of that, but start to laugh at his inability to spell and I will not agree with you. 
    Posted by elsadog

I think your missing my point Elsa. Your right TK can look after himself and fight his own battle's I totally agree with you. What i don't agree with is how you seem to think a few sarcastic comments equate to an "ATTACK" as you see it. Yet the OP's comments as you say was someone expressing his views are you serious?

Also were in any of the posts has the word "DYSLEXIA" been used or laughed about? Im saying the probability is he was drunk yet your saying he may have Dyslexia and were all laughing at him?

Yes I was sarcastic which I wont apologies for, as for you Elsa your made for this PC world in which we live in.
  • edited May 2011
    This has nothing to do with political correctness. It has everything to do with respect for others.

I work with children and young people who have learning difficulties and it isn't a joke by any stretch of the imagination.
  • edited May 2011
    This has nothing to do with political correctness. It has everything to do with respect for others. I work with children and young people who have learning difficulties and it isn't a joke by any stretch of the imagination.
    Posted by elsadog

Nobody said it was a joke, your fueling the fire by making these comments which have absolutely no foundation to them what so ever! Your twisting things around to suit your own argument which is very clever.

Good luck at the tables which ever site you play on.
  • edited May 2011
    Here we have a guy who's obviously having a hard time at the tables. His spelling and grammar isn't the best but he says what he thinks. Then the petty minded crew arrive on cue to belittle him over his spelling and grammar and the fact that he has a poor scope.  First point is, of course he has a poor scope, that's why he's complaining.  The second and most important point is that those who have posted derogatory remarks about him should be ashamed, and so should Sky. That any individual is denigrated to this extent based on their ability to spell is shameful. None of you have any idea what his personal circumstances are and for what reason his spelling is poor. Then we have Sky representatives posting on the thread, with not a word from them or the moderators to those who think his inability to spell is an excuse to make fun of him. The views he holds are his and he's entitled to air them. The site posts ''forum rules'' and yet here we have the wolf pack ripping into a guy because his English is poor, with not a word from the site.  If this had been a ''Tikay is wonderful'' post and he got denigrated like this there would be posts deleted ultra-quick, and the culprits would have the pack descend on them. Double standards indeed. Sky and it's representatives should be ashamed. The rest of you I just feel sorry for. If you can't give the guy a reasoned argument, just leave it, let him make his point and move on.
    Posted by elsadog

Well stated Elsa, I know what its like on here, when you make a typo they see that as an excuse to have a dig 
    in multiples . either that or DOH will brag hisself or Sky to the max!
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: discusted : Nobody said it was a joke, your fueling the fire by making these comments which have absolutely no foundation to them what so ever! Your twisting things around to suit your own argument which is very clever. Good luck at the tables which ever site you play on.
    Posted by tallboy
    I'm not fuelling any fire.  As far as making comments which have no foundation, you assume he was drunk and that he is probably lying, whilst I don't assume anything.
  • edited May 2011
    im discusted the root this thread has taken ;)
  • edited May 2011
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    Tard speaking, we have every right to moan and apparently thats what this section is for, so if you do not agree don,t enter this tardidious area?  
  • edited May 2011
    I don't know whether the OP was drunk or has other difficulties with spelling and composition. Neither do you or any other person on here. 

Sky and it's representatives have the power to delete the OP's post. The OP has no powers to stop what was an attack on his ability to spell and construct a post. Yes, he made his comments personal to Tikay and I haven't commented on that - neither did anyone else until now. Tikay obviously read the thread before that point and found no reason to reply to the OP whether he found it personally insulting or not. Only when I pointed out that nobody should be denigrated for their apparent inability to spell does Tikay decide to post. 

Tikay's a big lad, very experienced and doesn't need you or anyone else to fight his battles. Playing for the sympathy vote works very well though, as you have proved. Making excuses that forum members take him (Tikay) to task over his spelling errors doesn't wash either. There is a huge difference and we all know that. Are we to take it it is OK to laugh at any persons inability to write? When did dyslexia become a joke on here?Or is it just for those who upset Tikay?

Really what was this comment all about then? I repeat because you clearly didn't read my previous posts  nobody mentioned or even hinted that the OP may have Dyslexia. Were you assuming he may have? If not why mention it?

• edited May 2011
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    Horrible term but given its meaning +1 for the irony
  • edited May 2011
    Dyslexia is a broad term defining a learning disability that impairs a person's fluency or comprehension accuracy in being able to read, and spell.........................

I assume nothing - fact. This can apply to any poster who has difficulty spelling. Furthermore you took this out of context by disregarding my previous sentence which refers to a general inability to write fluently.
  • edited May 2011
    crazyben, i think your out of order here, its area51, he is well within his rights to vent here. yes it was directed at tikay which was wrong, but to call everyone who moans here as "tards" is a little "shallow" but i suppose some people just cant help it, its in there nature.
  • edited May 2011
    I said what i said mainly cauz its aimed at tikay which is ridic. lol @ how its turned into a arguement about someones spelling tho
  • edited May 2011
    Dyslexia is a broad term defining a learning disability that impairs a person's fluency or comprehension accuracy in being able to read, and spell......................... I assume nothing - fact. This can apply to any poster who has difficulty spelling.
    Posted by elsadog
    That will be me then! that's why I use spell check. Its clear were not going to agree and I have no problem with that. I don't think anyone meant any harm with there comments and we will just have to agree to disagree.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: discusted : That will be me then! that's why I use spell check. Its clear were not going to agree and I have no problem with that. I don't think anyone meant any harm with there comments and we will just have to agree to disagree.
    Posted by tallboy
    My guess would be that you have little difficulty in that respect going by the way you word your posts. Not everyone is so fortunate or well educated.
  • edited May 2011
    This thread pretty much displays why so many people have become disillusioned with the forum.. bad times :(
  • edited May 2011
    Why can't we all sit around a lovely camp fire, drink Whiskey and sing classics like Wonderwall, Hotel California or Hallelujah..... become tree huggers and love each other? :D
  • edited May 2011
    Why can't we all sit around a lovely camp fire, drink Whiskey and sing classics like Wonderwall, Hotel California or Hallelujah..... become tree huggers and love each other? :D
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    Did that Saturday night - then one of the kids fell in the stream. Good idea though.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: discusted : Did that Saturday night - then one of the kids fell in the stream. Good idea though.
    Posted by elsadog

LOL really? How bad.... atleast you tried I guess :0
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: discusted : LOL really? How bad.... atleast you tried I guess :0
    Posted by ChirpyChip

Not bad at all just wet and cold. 

• edited June 2011

Lol@this thread.

Elsa is a WUM - just ignore him!

He's been doing this on Sky for yonks now - everything he posts is designed to provoke a specific reaction, he even gets Tikay to write long essays back to him - he must be wetting himself!

Tallboy almost hit the nail on the head above when he said Elsa was "fuelling the fire" - not only that, he created the fire in the 1st place! (just like his 1st post in this thread and countless others).

He's created a classic "them and us" clique in Area 51 which helps him carry on indefinitely. This is what all good WUM's do and Elsa is brilliant at it, luring people into his web and then pulling the strings as they get more and more entangled without even realising it.

So just hit the ignore button and save yourself b4 it's2late!

• edited June 2011
    Lol@this thread. Elsa is a WUM - just ignore him! He's been doing this on Sky for yonks now - everything he posts is designed to provoke a specific reaction, he even gets Tikay to write long essays back to him - he must be wetting himself! Tallboy almost hit the nail on the head above when he said Elsa was "fuelling the fire" - not only that, he created the fire in the 1st place! (just like his 1st post in this thread and countless others). He's created a classic "them and us" clique in Area 51 which helps him carry on indefinitely. This is what all good WUM's do and Elsa is brilliant at it, luring people into his web and then pulling the strings as they get more and more entangled without even realising it. So just hit the ignore button and save yourself b4 it's2late!
    Posted by JingleMa

.......... Flatterer!
  • edited June 2011
    its area51, he is well within his rights to vent here. yes it was directed at tikay which was wrong, Posted by pod1
    This thread is in Area51 now, but it was originally posted in General Poker Chat, it was there for about two hours and had a dozen replies before it was moved.
  • edited June 2011
    This thread pretty much displays why so many people have become disillusioned with the forum.. bad times :(
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    I love magic

Come on chirpy show us a trick!

(nothing to do with hunting bum btw)
  • edited June 2011

Here we have a guy who's obviously having a hard time at the tables. His spelling and grammar isn't the best but he says what he thinks. Then the petty minded crew arrive on cue to belittle him over his spelling and grammar and the fact that he has a poor scope.  First point is, of course he has a poor scope, that's why he's complaining.  The second and most important point is that those who have posted derogatory remarks about him should be ashamed, and so should Sky. That any individual is denigrated to this extent based on their ability to spell is shameful. None of you have any idea what his personal circumstances are and for what reason his spelling is poor. Then we have Sky representatives posting on the thread, with not a word from them or the moderators to those who think his inability to spell is an excuse to make fun of him. The views he holds are his and he's entitled to air them. The site posts ''forum rules'' and yet here we have the wolf pack ripping into a guy because his English is poor, with not a word from the site.  If this had been a ''Tikay is wonderful'' post and he got denigrated like this there would be posts deleted ultra-quick, and the culprits would have the pack descend on them. Double standards indeed. Sky and it's representatives should be ashamed. The rest of you I just feel sorry for. If you can't give the guy a reasoned argument, just leave it, let him make his point and move on.
    Posted by elsadog
    unbelievable.........how can you give a guy a reasoned argument when he posted such an defamatory statement?.

i dont know why "sky and it's representatives should be ashamed"?.

its quite obvious to me that he posted while steaming and was'nt really thinking what he was writing.......hence so many mistakes in spelling and missing the odd letter out.

i think if he wrote a reasoned post he would use the spell check?

p.s i actually dont know how people get away with some of the unfounded and potentially damaging accusations on here and think sky should seriously think about closing area 51.

pps i made 4 spelling mistakes (corrected through spell checker)