You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

discusted

13»

Comments

• edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: discusted:
    In Response to Re: discusted : unbelievable.........how can you give a guy a reasoned argument when he posted such an defamatory statement?. i dont know why "sky and it's representatives should be ashamed"?. its quite obvious to me that he posted while steaming and was'nt really thinking what he was writing.......hence so many mistakes in spelling and missing the odd letter out. i think if he wrote a reasoned post he would use the spell check? p.s i actually dont know how people get away with some of the unfounded and potentially damaging accusations on here and think sky should seriously think about closing area 51. pps i made 4 spelling mistakes (corrected through spell checker)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Well it's pretty obvious to me that the guy's first language isn't English. 

You can give anyone a reasoned argument. You can just tell them they're wrong. You can ignore them. That's what Tikay chose to do initially. 

How are you going to decide which defamatory remarks are acceptable? Are the remarks the OP made so much different to the remarks made about his ability? What measure are you using?

As for the unfounded accusations, it might surprise you but I agree. 

As for your 4 spelling mistakes I won't comment.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: discusted : Well it's pretty obvious to me that the guy's first language isn't English.  You can give anyone a reasoned argument. You can just tell them they're wrong. You can ignore them. That's what Tikay chose to do initially.  How are you going to decide which defamatory remarks are acceptable? Are the remarks the OP made so much different to the remarks made about his ability? What measure are you using? As for the unfounded accusations, it might surprise you but I agree.  As for your 4 spelling mistakes I won't comment.
    Posted by elsadog
    After going back and looking I think your right on this part bud.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: discusted : Well it's pretty obvious to me that the guy's first language isn't English.  You can give anyone a reasoned argument. You can just tell them they're wrong. You can ignore them. That's what Tikay chose to do initially.  How are you going to decide which defamatory remarks are acceptable? Are the remarks the OP made so much different to the remarks made about his ability? What measure are you using? As for the unfounded accusations, it might surprise you but I agree.  As for your 4 spelling mistakes I won't comment.
    Posted by elsadog
    he well be foreign so that would explain the mistakes...but i think the reason he was abused by some people(not me) was the content of his post.

there is no reasoned argument imo if you are accusing people of fraud without foundation.

i dont decide which remarks should or should not be allowed, as far as i am concerned all abuse should be deleted,but some remarks on the subject of sky poker must at the very least be libelous.

I would'nt expect to get away with saying "X player is a cheat" just because he called with rags and hits.but people on here can say a multinational organisation like sky are blatantly stealing off their customers.

I am not shocked that you actually agree with me on something (you are obviously an intelligent guy)
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: discusted : he well be foreign so that would explain the mistakes...but i think the reason he was abused by some people(not me) was the content of his post. there is no reasoned argument imo if you are accusing people of fraud without foundation. i dont decide which remarks should or should not be allowed, as far as i am concerned all abuse should be deleted,but some remarks on the subject of sky poker must at the very least be libelous. I would'nt expect to get away with saying "X player is a cheat" just because he called with rags and hits.but people on here can say a multinational organisation like sky are blatantly stealing off their customers. I am not shocked that you actually agree with me on something (you are obviously an intelligent guy)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

I think you will find I agree with you on most things. It might be how you interpret what I say. For instance I have never said that Sky cheat or defraud their customers. I have stated repeatedly that the RNG is probably good. I have never said that the game is fixed by Sky. What I have said is that there is more to it than meets the eye. The software is supplied and tested and yet no mention is made of how the RNG output is delivered to the table. We know this software for card delivery exists, because the AGCC state that it does. It also states that it should be checked for conformity on a regular basis. However when you ask about those checks they refuse to answer. A certificate of conformity dated 2009 doesn't fill me with confidence either.

Any RNG is only certified correct at the time of checking. Your car may pass it's MOT with 3mm of tyre tread but that doesn't mean it's legal or safe 11 months later, but it still has an MOT. As I have mentioned before the RNG certificate only covers half of the process and that's like having half an MOT for your car.

The onus of proof shouldn't be on the customer unless they accuse the site of cheating. The onus of proof should be on the site to prove to it's customers that all is well. Providing certificates for half the process and ignoring questions about the other half just doesn't do that.

• edited June 2011
    Posted by elsadog
    i disagree! i reckon he is at least Welsh, which more than makes up for the spelling mistakes, like double L's double D's, and a general chip on his shoulder, apart from that, i agree with everyone's posts on this thread!