You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Sky Satellies - should unregistering be allowed?

Most repected sites when you SAT into tornos- you can unregister from the torno and gain the entry fee or have torno money! Correct!!

On sky a £7 sat where 1 in 5 win a torno into a £33 torno is fair. as 7x 5 is more or less the buy in.

So last night 55 paid £7, i qualified and have unregistered as i will play more sats today as its easy money!!

So i found out after unregistered i am not entilted to any money or torno dollars back!!

Why??

Email explaination from Sky...

We have noticed that you won entry into this tournament. Unregistering would simply remove you from the tournament. The prize won gained you entry into the tournament and as the seat has no monetary value, you would not receive funds to your account. So no monetary value... so 55 x people paid £7, meaning 1 in 5 people who qualify win £33. So unregistering you infact let sky take the money from you!!

and i get offered a BH sat in return!! no thank you i want my £33 in cahs or torno dollars or back in the tornoment!

This does not make sense to me as making money from Sats is a popular thing to do!!

I have had no email back from Sky so i am requesting thoughts on this or a respnse from Sky!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Sky robbery / SAT torno entry!!!:
    Most repected sites when you SAT into tornos- you can unregister from the torno and gain the entry fee or have torno money! Correct!! On sky a £7 sat where 1 in 5 win a torno into a £33 torno is fair. as 7x 5 is more or less the buy in. So last night 55 paid £7, i qualified and have unregistered as i will play more sats today as its easy money!! So i found out after unregistered i am not entilted to any money or torno dollars back!! Why?? Email explaination from Sky... We have noticed that you won entry into this tournament. Unregistering would simply remove you from the tournament. The prize won gained you entry into the tournament and as the seat has no monetary value, you would not receive funds to your account.  So no monetary value... so 55 x people paid £7 , meaning 1 in 5 people who qualify win £33. So unregistering you infact let sky take the money from you!! and i get offered a BH sat in return!! no thank you i want my £33 in cahs or torno dollars or back in the tornoment! This does not make sense to me as making money from Sats is a popular thing to do!! I have had no email back from Sky so i am requesting thoughts on this or a respnse from Sky! Thanks
    Posted by Richman08
    obv this only happens when you gain a free entry, as it is a free entry and not a cash prize, if as has happened to me you find you cannot make a particular event you've been regd in contact customer care and they'll arrange entry to a similar event at another time hope this helps
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky robbery / SAT torno entry!!!:
    In Response to Sky robbery / SAT torno entry!!! : obv this only happens when you gain a free entry, as it is a free entry and not a cash prize, if as has happened to me you find you cannot make a particular event you've been regd in contact customer care and they'll arrange entry to a similar event at another time hope this helps
    Posted by scouse_red
    Thanks for reply scouse.

This is not a "free entry"

55 people paid £7 = £385

11 win torno entry at £33 each = £363

In sats you pay to win the torno prize which is £33 which is the 5 buy ins! So to unregsiter and have it taken off you is a joke.

This needs to change surely every other poker client i know gives you torno dollars back!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Can't see the problem myself.

It's a sat to gain free entry to a tourny, it clearly states this and is therefore designed to stop people doing what you're wanting to do.

If you want to win easy money then play some DYM games.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky robbery / SAT torno entry!!! : Thanks for reply scouse. This is not a "free entry" 55 people paid £7 = £385 11 win torno entry at £33 each = £363 In sats you pay to win the torno prize which is £33 which is the 5 buy ins! So to unregsiter and have it taken off you is a joke. This needs to change surely every other poker client i know gives you torno dollars back!
    Posted by Richman08
    I'm guessing the competition you're referring to is the Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

Satellites are £6.60+60p rake, so £7.20 total.

The tournament you're satelliting into is £30+£3 rake - £33 total.

1 in 5 of the satellite players earn a seat.

5 x £6.60 = £33.

Trying to include the rake amount in the prize pool (5 lots of 60p) is incorrect.

As for unregistering for tournaments, the satellites are designed to allow people on lower bankrolls to play bigger tournaments, not for those who want to satellite and then unreg and take the money. Why not? Simply put, it would result in a risk of less people playing the main event (the £12k Bounty Hunter in this instance) and that would mean the Guarantee could fall. Not ideal.

As an aside, the scheme you're thinking of where you unreg from a tourney to earn 'Tourney £' or T$ as it's known on other sites can sometimes see you lose out on the 'exchange rate'. Robbery?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    DYM isnt mtt poker is it!

What im getting at is SATs have a style of play which is profitable why most sites you can unreg! it is not free entry into a torn i refuse to agree with that.

you have place higher than 4 out of 5 people so you have cashed!

Acid man how is this designed to stop people what im doing??

Its a fair deal!

Its a suggestion to change this so why are you against it???
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    DYM isnt mtt poker is it! What im getting at is SATs have a style of play which is profitable why most sites you can unreg! it is not free entry into a torn i refuse to agree with that. you have place higher than 4 out of 5 people so you have cashed! Acid man how is this designed to stop people what im doing?? Its a fair deal! Its a suggestion to change this so why are you against it???
    Posted by Richman08
    Your opening post isn't in the vein of a suggestion. You've titled the thing 'robbery', after all.

Hopefully my post covers the reason why Sky Poker doesn't offer unregistrations at the moment. Could it come up in the future? Possibly but in my personal opinion I'd like to think Sky will always try to maintain the guarantees than accomodate satellite grinders to the possible detriment of their flagship MTTs. That's very much my opinion and not an offical line, for what it's worth.

One thing they might consider is a type of MTT where it auto settles once you're down to 10%/20% of the field. If that's what you're after then proposing that rather than suggesting Sky is taking money away from lower rolled players might prove a bit more successful.

Either way, good luck at the tables and hopefully we'll see you in some of the bigger tournaments on Sky in the near future.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky robbery / SAT torno entry!!! : Thanks for reply scouse. This is not a "free entry" 55 people paid £7 = £385 11 win torno entry at £33 each = £363 In sats you pay to win the torno prize which is £33 which is the 5 buy ins! So to unregsiter and have it taken off you is a joke. This needs to change surely every other poker client i know gives you torno dollars back!
    Posted by Richman08

im with richman on this one, its been said a few times before and defo needs sorting
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky robbery / SAT torno entry!!! : Your opening post isn't in the vein of a suggestion. You've titled the thing 'robbery', after all. Hopefully my post covers the reason why Sky Poker doesn't offer unregistrations at the moment. Could it come up in the future? Possibly but in my personal opinion I'd like to think Sky will always try to maintain the guarantees than accomodate satellite grinders to the possible detriment of their flagship MTTs. That's very much my opinion and not an offical line, for what it's worth. One thing they might consider is a type of MTT where it auto settles once you're down to 10%/20% of the field. If that's what you're after then proposing that rather than suggesting Sky is taking money away from lower rolled players might prove a bit more successful. Either way, good luck at the tables and hopefully we'll see you in some of the bigger tournaments on Sky in the near future.
    Posted by Sky_Dave

"Robbery" Catchy headlines catch your eye! and i got a response. thanks i have been entered back into the torno now. thanks Skypokes

Though i do think it needs lucking at i think more people would play them if you could do that as tornos on here are limited as it is

• Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky robbery / SAT torno entry!!! : im with richman on this one, its been said a few times before and defo needs sorting
    Posted by sikas
    Good man someone with common sense :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    DYM isnt mtt poker is it! What im getting at is SATs have a style of play which is profitable why most sites you can unreg! it is not free entry into a torn i refuse to agree with that. you have place higher than 4 out of 5 people so you have cashed! Acid man how is this designed to stop people what im doing?? Its a fair deal! Its a suggestion to change this so why are you against it???
    Posted by Richman08

A sat is very similar style of play to a dym imo.

Tbh i'm surprised other sites still let people do what you're wanting to do.

Imo a sat is designed as Dave has already mentioned. It gives the chance for lower bankrolled players a chance to compete in much higher buyin tournaments that they would otherwise not be able to play in.

Some players who end up bubbling these will be gutted at missing out on the chance to play in the tournament and yet you just want to win a seat and then cash the entry fee.

• Options
    edited June 2011

think that's totally out of order m8 Acidman replied in a way he thought fit and i agree totally that the sats are designed for the lower bankroll players and I include myself in this to reach events not otherwise possible, and for what it's worth he is a very decent bloke and also a good player in his own right.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So because I don't agree with you i'm stupid and a sky forum suck up ?

Nice mature attitude you have there.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    why has my post been deleted???

I rephrase then!

Without abusing the suckup!

dym 6 / 10 seat tables half pay out! SATs bigger fields weaker fields!!

= very profitable!!

Plus more people would register if could get torno pounds back as sky limited on tornos throught the day as it is!!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So because I don't agree with you i'm stupid and a sky forum suck up ? Nice mature attitude you have there.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Answer is yes ACID its an obvious thing to be able to do on a poker site!

Increases traffic for one
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Richman08 - I PM'ed you explaining why the post was deleted. Scouse_red is right - keep it civil or it gets removed from the forum.

Others - if you've quoted Richman's offending post in one of your replies, I'd appreciate it if you took the time to delete it from the post.

Differing viewpoints are fine, but let's keep it polite folks.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Dave man my middle name is civil.

Unreg giving torno cash would increase your sites numbers this should be pushed it benefits all except for people who thing "we dont do it cause it stops people like you"! (Comment: no names mentioned! :P)

Its easy!

More people in SATS - better for all!

More places awarded for qualifying - better for the not so talented players!

More ways to win money - better for the grinders and mtt'rs!

More traffic - better for sky and all!!

How can you disagree with that!!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    sky doesnt have the option to convert to T$ (hopefully will sometime in the future) so at the moment the whole idea of these satellites is to get into the tourneys that are not within your BR eg the £33 12k BH so when you unreg it simply takes you out the tourney.... i agree with you richman that T$ should be introduced to sky but the way you have worded somethings i wouldnt quite agree with.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    sky doesnt have the option to convert to T$ (hopefully will sometime in the future) so at the moment the whole idea of these satellites is to get into the tourneys that are not within your BR eg the £33 12k BH so when you unreg it simply takes you out the tourney.... i agree with you richman that T$ should be introduced to sky but the way you have worded somethings i wouldnt quite agree with.
    Posted by delaney09
    Im not asking if you agree with how have worded anything this has got people talking about hasnt it?

Ty for stating that sky doesnt have a T$ convert option i wasnt aware of that maybe i should post about it
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky robbery / SAT torno entry!!! : Im not asking if you agree with how have worded anything this has got people talking about hasnt it? Ty for stating that sky doesnt have a T$ convert option i wasnt aware of that maybe i should post about it
    Posted by Richman08
    should probably learn to not be so rude first before you post about it if you read i said I AGREE that T$ should be added read first couple of lines !!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    "sky doesnt have the option to convert to T$"

Check that out your first line i can read :) but thanks for agreeing!
  • Options
    edited June 2011

what has happened to the £33 then?? has it been refunded to you?? or does it get siphoned off into some sky account - theres a lot of news in the poker world lately about misuse of player funds!!!!

what happens if you have satted in to a tourney then play another n win a seat again?? does that money get credited to your account or do is it dissappear in2 the ether (or some1 elses pocket) aswell??

T£ or T$ on other sites are great n would be a good addition to this site - and you dont lose out on other sites if you use your T$ to play other tourneys so there is no exchange robbery - although they do charge if you convert it in2 real cash!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Im with Richman here i think they should let you de-register and either get tourney tickets or the cash

i dont see what the problem is he has paid for it so its not a free entry? Sats dont just run so a tourney can meet a gurantee well they shouldn't do they are to help those with a lower bankroll and if someone would prefer the money or tourney tickets why not?

I agree Satelites are soft and different to DYM's
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Im with Richman here i think they should let you de-register and either get tourney tickets or the cash i dont see what the problem is he has paid for it so its not a free entry? Sats dont just run so a tourney can meet a gurantee well they shouldn't do they are to help those with a lower bankroll and if someone would prefer the money or tourney tickets why not? I agree Satelites are soft and different to DYM's
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

Yes good man! cmon Sky lets have some response to sort this out!!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky robbery / SAT torno entry!!! : Yes good man! cmon Sky lets have some response to sort this out!!
    Posted by Richman08

Actually , and it is very rare for me to say this,i think that playing Sats for bigger tournements,and depriving another (maybe less skilled and less bankrolled) player of a chance in a larger tournement that otherwise he would not be able to play is wrong.The purpose of sat s is too enable more recreational players a chance at the big game.I have seen what the effect letting people deregister and take the T$ has on the game.

Sky is not the same as everywhere else,it is as i understand it,a stand alone poker site,with no ties to any other network.I have seen some great stories ,and even just this week peacock10 showed just how important these freerolls /sats can be .Please stop moaning about sats,i am sure if you ask nicely they will give you another BH entry,( i got really drunk one night ,took a bad beat and deregistered not rememebering id satted in and they put me back in)

Satellites should stay the way they are.

Just FYI

• Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky robbery / SAT torno entry!!! : Actually , and it is very rare for me to say this,i think that playing Sats for bigger tournements,and depriving another (maybe less skilled and less bankrolled) player of a chance in a larger tournement that otherwise he would not be able to play is wrong.The purpose of sat s is too enable more recreational players a chance at the big game.I have seen what the effect letting people deregister and take the T$ has on the game. Sky is not the same as everywhere else,it is as i understand it,a stand alone poker site,with no ties to any other network.I have seen some great stories ,and even just this week peacock10 showed just how important these freerolls /sats can be .Please stop moaning about sats,i am sure if you ask nicely they will give you another BH entry,( i got really drunk one night ,took a bad beat and deregistered not rememebering id satted in and they put me back in) Satellites should stay the way they are. Just FYI https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a304622ee-8c0d-4b0e-a2a1-8d11d68fccac
    Posted by djblacke04
    Im not bothered about this one time - im talking about the ability to unregister in general! Sky gave my entry back to me fair play.

However as i stated before it would be good for the site!

It doesnt deprive people with smaller bankrolls - if the fields were bigger it would give them more chance to qualify!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky robbery / SAT torno entry!!! : Im not bothered about this one time - im talking about the ability to unregister in general! Sky gave my entry back to me fair play. However as i stated before it would be good for the site! It doesnt deprive people with smaller bankrolls - if the fields were bigger it would give them more chance to qualify!
    Posted by Richman08

If you played a tournement where the prize was a car do you think you have the right to say id rather have the cash equivalent?

the prize for satelites is a tournement entry and not £33

if and what i think your saying,they had tournements like DYMs except they were called maybe 1 in 5 s...

where people win 5 times their buyin,if they made the money...might be a good idea,

but what you have to remember is that the vast majority of sat players want the entry into the tournement.

Ps as far as im aware any tournement you BUY into you can always deregister and get your money back..

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Title of thread changed seeing no one was actually robbed...
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    well at least you now know the rules that Sky hvae in place :)

fwiw I wouldn't mind a change to a T£ option but am not fussed either way.

Sky are usually more than happy to help with changing the BI to the equivalent tournie the next day/week btw.

but yh if ur a sateliitle pro grinder than stick to the sites that have that option readily available. 

good luck sir :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Noone responded to my point which I repeat here. If for some reason you cannot play in the tourney after satelliting in why not offer the option to use that qualification in a future event..

n Response to Re: Sky robbery / SAT torno entry!!!:
    In Response to Re: Sky robbery / SAT torno entry!!! : I'm guessing the competition you're referring to is the Sky Sports Bounty Hunter. Satellites are £6.60+60p rake, so £7.20 total. The tournament you're satelliting into is £30+£3 rake - £33 total. 1 in 5 of the satellite players earn a seat. 5 x £6.60 = £33. Trying to include the rake amount in the prize pool (5 lots of 60p) is incorrect. As for unregistering for tournaments, the satellites are designed to allow people on lower bankrolls to play bigger tournaments, not for those who want to satellite and then unreg and take the money. Why not? Simply put, it would result in a risk of less people playing the main event (the £12k Bounty Hunter in this instance) and that would mean the Guarantee could fall. Not ideal. As an aside, the scheme you're thinking of where you unreg from a tourney to earn 'Tourney £' or T$ as it's known on other sites can sometimes see you lose out on the 'exchange rate'. Robbery?
    Posted by Sky_Dave
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    ITS HAPPENED TO ME COUNTLESS TIMES ,EVEN BIG BUY IN TOURNEYS FOR 22£ IVE HAD TO FORFEIT BECAUSE I HAVE TO PLAY LIVE TOURNEYS ELESWHERE...YOU DONT GET REFUNDS THEY SAY ITS MONEY THAT YOU HAVENT WON OR SOMETHING ...WHY ITS ALLOWED ON OTHER SITES LIKE EVERY SITE I KNOW AND JUST NOT THIS ONE IS BEYOND ME AND QUITE DUMBFOUNDED BUT HEY HO I HAVENT COME BACK TO WHINGE AND MOAN ..

I HAVE PROBABLY LOST IN REGION OF £100 THROUGH NOT BEING ABLE TO UNREGISTER JUST SO U GUYS AT SKY KNOW WHATS WHAT ....BEST OF LUCK GUYS  GOOD THREAD WHOEVER STARTED IT. I HAD MENTIONED SOMETHING LIKE THIS BEFORE BUT AS USUAL NO-ONE TAKES NOTICE OF ANYTHING I SAY OR DO.