You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Satellies - should unregistering be allowed?

2»

Comments

• edited June 2011
    BTW INCIDENTALLY  THESE ARE SKYS OWN RULES SET OUT BY THE GOVERNING CLIENTEL THAT ARE THE "POKER TEAM"..I WOULD SAY THAT ALTHOUGH I DISAGREE WITH THE ARGUMENT AND THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO UNREGISTER ITS JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BECAUSE THIS IS SKYS OWN POLICY WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT!.

DONT THINK THEY WILL BE CHANGING THIER MIND ON THIS ISSUE ANYTIME SOON .WHILST WE OR SOME OF US DONT LIKE THE SKY POLICY ON THIS I THINK ITS IMPORTANT TO RESPECT THE DECISIONS IN ANY CASE OF WHAT SKY SET OUT IN THE AGRREMENT...COMPRENDE
  • edited June 2011
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Satellies - should unregistering be allowed?:
    ITS HAPPENED TO ME COUNTLESS TIMES ,EVEN BIG BUY IN TOURNEYS FOR 22£ IVE HAD TO FORFEIT BECAUSE I HAVE TO PLAY LIVE TOURNEYS ELESWHERE...YOU DONT GET REFUNDS THEY SAY ITS MONEY THAT YOU HAVENT WON OR SOMETHING ...WHY ITS ALLOWED ON OTHER SITES LIKE EVERY SITE I KNOW AND JUST NOT THIS ONE IS BEYOND ME AND QUITE DUMBFOUNDED BUT HEY HO I HAVENT COME BACK TO WHINGE AND MOAN .. I HAVE PROBABLY LOST IN REGION OF £100 THROUGH NOT BEING ABLE TO UNREGISTER JUST SO U GUYS AT SKY KNOW WHATS WHAT ....BEST OF LUCK GUYS  GOOD THREAD WHOEVER STARTED IT. I HAD MENTIONED SOMETHING LIKE THIS BEFORE BUT AS USUAL NO-ONE TAKES NOTICE OF ANYTHING I SAY OR DO.
    Posted by AJW1976
    I have had a tourney ticket swapped for another day before. itwas the £22 Open on the tuesday changed it to the £22 Open on the saturday no problem all i had to do was go on the chat help and it was done in 5 minutes. Simple

I think the question to ask ourselves here is : Why did we register for the satellite in the first place? im confused with people who would register for a satellite tourney knowing they didn't want to play it.

The reasons we play poker : 1. To have fun.
     2. i) To make some money (hopefully). 
         ii) To win tourneys. 

Play to win guys yes cashing is good but would anybody be happy, really, if it was the top 20% of people in every tourney just getting the same payout, na theat would be rubbish.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Satellies - should unregistering be allowed? : I have had a tourney ticket swapped for another day before. itwas the £22 Open on the tuesday changed it to the £22 Open on the saturday no problem all i had to do was go on the chat help and it was done in 5 minutes. Simple I think the question to ask ourselves here is : Why did we register for the satellite in the first place? im confused with people who would register for a satellite tourney knowing they didn't want to play it. The reasons we play poker : 1. To have fun.  2. i) To make some money (hopefully).       ii) To win tourneys.  Play to win guys yes cashing is good but would anybody be happy, really, if it was the top 20% of people in every tourney just getting the same payout, na theat would be rubbish.
    Posted by AAelmoAA

Key point 2 man you said it to make money! the sats are well profitable. u still play the big games obviously this sits doesnt have as many tornos on throughout the day as the others i play on if you could unregister more would play in them!
  • edited June 2011
    My personal opinion, if you don't like it stay where ever you came from, if you have a problem with the site there will be plenty others to please you.

I enjoy the forums, sky poker tv, the pundits and analysis, its great for people starting to learn the game, gain knowledge and experience.

If your Mr golden balls, go make money on other sites and leave us little fellas alone

to me a satillite is a cheaper way to enter a tourny I want to play in, if I dont want to play in it then I dont enter.

Go play live or try and beat us little fish in the main events golden balls, failing that go play on the bigger sites that satisfy your ego, whether you a great player or no I dont know but it sounds like u want someone to brown nose you
  • edited June 2011
    Richman08 - your last post has been deleted. Read the rules about flaming and keep it civil or you will be suspended from the forum.
  • edited June 2011
    Richman08 - your last post has been deleted. Read the rules about flaming and keep it civil or you will be suspended from the forum.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    awww i missed what he put got on here just a bit too late, if he was having a pop at me I would love to see what was said
  • edited June 2011
    No need for it to be said initially or repeated. Let's leave it at that and return to discussing this robbery...
  • edited June 2011
    RANT ALERT!!!

*****if you don't like what i say don't bother replying below*****

This site used to be my main site about 3 years ago! i like the idea of a UK based poker site and the fact people can watch tornos etc on TV, and the good community spirit that is here but my main site is else where  why??? because as times change Sky poker hasn't!!

Main reason i stopped playing on here was because of the software!!

I know its been complained about before but multi tableing - the ability to re-size the windows doesn't exsist people have moaned about this for years!!

Finally there is software to download but its still the same!!

So i suggested something else that would be beneficial for the site i get slated by people who have only played for 4 months and no doubt only site they have played on.

Come on if people like me wasnt so out spoken nothing would change would it!!??

Its been years this site been open now its about time the software was improved!

I know there is more modifications are in the pipeline so left hope what the players want gets taken on board!

And finally im not anti-sky because i've obviously came back for a few tornos but i would be back more if the site was improved!

Don't delete this MODs as i have had more posts deleted than kept on here we are all over 18 end of day!!

RANT OVER!!
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Satellies - should unregistering be allowed? : awww i missed what he put got on here just a bit too late, if he was having a pop at me I would love to see what was said
    Posted by YouKnowsIt
    PM me i will tell you what was said- it wasnt a nice thing boyo
  • edited June 2011
    and if u really got something serious to me I will see you in cardiff
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Satellies - should unregistering be allowed? : to be honest i dont give a f uck, whether I have played for 4 months or 4 years, ur still a d ick, go play ur trade somewhere else
    Posted by YouKnowsIt
    DWIN CARU T BOYO!

love it!! xxx
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Satellies - should unregistering be allowed? : DWIN CARU T BOYO! love it!! xxx
    Posted by Richman08
    see you in cardiff then, ah s hit forgot u just use sats to take the money and run, my advice is keep running ;)
  • edited June 2011
    Funny how i voice my opinion on someone gets insta deleted i get called a d""k its still on - interesting that is!!

You knows it get dont bother posting again you are taking the thread in the wrong direction - peace
  • edited June 2011
    read my rant or try getting some further education to improve your intelligence
  • edited June 2011
    yeah read it thats why you got the response of me that you did
  • edited June 2011
    Seriously you are as stupid as you look. I explained why in my rant go and play some more- try out a few other sites and get back to me.

END OF CONVERSATION
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
  • edited June 2011
    you relly need taking down a peg or 2
  • edited June 2011
    Thread closed.