You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Roller satelite thoughts

2»

Comments

• edited June 2011
    good reg players are well capable of bluffs and it's how they get paid- I really don't think they're liable to bluff at this stage of a satellite, I wouldn't go as far as to say never but it's very, very unlikely.

Late stages, sure- even early stages of a standard tourney, especially a deep one. But there's no way he's going to donk off his chips on a speculative bluff in a survival tournament. Pair+NFD is a bit of a monster, even if he's convinced you have a king.

I dunno I think you played it ok- but your hand is kinda vulnerable there. If you're certain he's on the flush draw, I flat and re-evaluate- give him a card, chances are good it won't be a spade. Then you can get his stack in. If it IS a spade, go with your read and fold- it's only cost you an extra 150.

You're in position so flatting is acceptable, it's down to him what he does with the next card. Turns out it's a blank, so he either fires again- in which case I jam on him, and he struggles to call with 1 card to come- or it's a spade, and he fires for real- I just let go at this point.

If he has the NFD on flop, with 2 cards to come and chips invested you're probably not getting him off. Turn raise carries a whole heap more weight, use your position.
  • edited June 2011

Dont think he 3 bets AK 100% of the time here and certainly not KQ.
  • edited June 2011
    i think its ok, i would say youre 57% vs my range. I would just call flop though in your shoes.
  • edited June 2011
    Ty offshoot i was wondering whether you was going to come on here? if i flat and turn blanks as it did would you fold? as your not really getting the price
  • d3xd3x
    edited June 2011
    taking into consideration the %s you got you're money in first and were ahead. In my oppinion then you have made a good decision alternatively you could shove when you are behind.