You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BEWARE THE CHEATS

edited October 2009 in Area 51
it is possible its happened to me and when you report it to the so called customer services you get fobbed off and told theres nothing we can do so in other words cheating is aloud on sky poker

Comments

• edited October 2009

No, cheating is not allowed here wemjay.

If you have genuine evidence, Sky will deal with the matter appropriately.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS:
    No, cheating is not allowed here wemjay. If you have genuine evidence, Sky will deal with the matter appropriately.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thats just it tikay it there for all to see if u go back and watch the hand in question i moved all in with 6 players left and 5 getting a seat in tonites primo before anymore action took place a message in the chat box from another player telling the rest of the table to fold i will call i got pocket aces now you tell me is that cheating or not because sky have told me that its not
  • edited October 2009
    sounds like cheatin to me mate, u got a case there
  • edited October 2009

Yes, that's wrong WEMJAY.

But you've now made 5 Posts in as many minutes on the same subject all over the Forum, & that won't solve the problem.

Send an e-Mail in, or a Personal Message to Sky Rich.

That's the best way to get it sorted.

Good luck.
  • edited October 2009
    sounds like cheatin to me mate, u got a case there
    Posted by Eagle26
    cheers eagle26 mate glad to see someones on my wavelength
  • edited October 2009
    Yes, that's wrong WEMJAY. But you've now made 5 Posts in as many minutes on the same subject all over the Forum, & that won't solve the problem. Send an e-Mail in, or a Personal Message to Sky Rich.   That's the best way to get it sorted. Good luck.
    Posted by Tikay10
    it will warn others though its our money why should they get away with it
  • edited October 2009
    Yes, that's wrong WEMJAY. But you've now made 5 Posts in as many minutes on the same subject all over the Forum, & that won't solve the problem. Send an e-Mail in, or a Personal Message to Sky Rich.   That's the best way to get it sorted. Good luck.
    Posted by Tikay10
    and if it was delt with i woulnt be doing this
  • edited October 2009
    yeah lol ive just seen all the posts! mate just man up and dont get so worked up, like Tikay said send a message to sky Rich im sure he will get it sorted for u.  in my opinion you do have a case...but dont go runnin round the forums actin like a girl postin things that skypoker is a cheaters site etc because people aint gonna wanna hear it. g/l in gettin it sorted
  • edited October 2009
    i'm not sure this is cheating more very un-ethical and just rude by the player that says it.

Something should be done for you though or just name and shame them and hope they get it dont back to them :(

• edited October 2009
    Posted by Tikay10
    i got all nite to post it everywhere maybe someone will then take notice
  • edited October 2009
    i'm not sure this is cheating more very un-ethical and just rude by the player that says it. Something should be done for you though or just name and shame them and hope they get it dont back to them :(
    Posted by Nutter5932
    thanx nutter
  • edited October 2009
    yeah lol ive just seen all the posts! mate just man up and dont get so worked up, like Tikay said send a message to sky Rich im sure you get it sorted coz like i said in my opinion you do have a case...but dont go runnin round the forums actin like a girl postin things that skypoker is a cheaters site, because people aint gonna hear it. g/l in gettin it sorted
    Posted by Eagle26
    i understand wot ur saying eagle but im sure u work hard for a living as i do and no-one is going to rip me off
  • edited October 2009

Interesting one this.

I don't play live so would love to know, surely this would be classified as cheating or illegal play in a live game?

Either hand would be dead or player who called out his hand would not be allowed to play it?

I don't actually know what the ruling would be, so if anyone knows, please post, ta.
  • edited October 2009
    Trust me on this, please don't keep posting this all over the forum, it will only antagonise the mods who will close/remove your threads and eventually give you a forum ban.

But please use the 24 hour live support on the left hand side of the page. Go to your finished games, look at the gme in question, times etc and they can check it out for you.

If you only p*** off the moderators and regulators they are going to be less likely to be sypathetic to your case.

The one thing i cannot understand is even aces can be cracked by rags. Why tell other players to fold? By the law of average, the more callers there are, the more likely you are to get busted. If he had asked for help, then that IS a different story.

• edited October 2009

The reason I think it would be deemed illegal play is because the player called out his hand out of turn, thus making it dead?

Or have I got this completely wrong?
  • edited October 2009
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : thats just it tikay it there for all to see if u go back and watch the hand in question i moved all in with 6 players left and 5 getting a seat in tonites primo before anymore action took place a message in the chat box from another player telling the rest of the table to fold i will call i got pocket aces now you tell me is that cheating or not because sky have told me that its not
    Posted by wemjay

am i missin something or have you waited about 3 hours to get drunk and then post it?
  • edited October 2009
    Trust me on this, please don't keep posting this all over the forum, it will only antagonise the mods who will close/remove your threads and eventually give you a forum ban. But please use the 24 hour live support on the left hand side of the page. Go to your finished games, look at the gme in question, times etc and they can check it out for you. If you only p*** off the moderators and regulators they are going to be less likely to be sypathetic to your case. The one thing i cannot understand is even aces can be cracked by rags. Why tell other players to fold? By the law of average, the more callers there are, the more likely you are to get busted. If he had asked for help, then that IS a different story.
    Posted by Chhas
    thanx for the advice Chhas done that for half hour when it happened kept getting told the same old rubbish nothing we can do any more advice and well done for getting urs sorted
  • edited October 2009
    Thanks Chhas.
    Posted by JingleMa
    Sorry, i edited my last post after you typed in thanks.

I assume you were referring to me saying it is illeagal to declare your cards in anyway before other players have had a chance to act.

I have had it but under slightly different circumstances. Although the forum wasnt the place for me to discuss it. I had it dealt with by Sky customer services.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : am i missin something or have you waited about 3 hours to get drunk and then post it?
    Posted by webby234
    my little girl got knocked of her bike and been at hospital for a while thanx for asking though
  • edited October 2009
    wemjay what time did this happen then? primo started at 9 and yet your posting reporting it at gone 11? have you been drinking?

webby
  • edited October 2009
    wemjay what time did this happen then? primo started at 9 and yet your posting reporting it at gone 11? have you been drinking? webby
    Posted by webby234
    in a sat earlier this afternoon
  • edited October 2009
    to be honest mate i believe you have waited till you have had a few beers, and then just fancy a good old moan, if livechat cant see what you are talking about (they can recall conversations on the tables i think) then it never happened imo
  • edited October 2009
    to be honest mate i believe you have waited till you have had a few beers, and then just fancy a good old moan, if livechat cant see what you are talking about (they can recall conversations on the tables i think) then it never happened imo
    Posted by webby234[/QUOT

shows ur brainless then why would i bother with making a point of it and i hope they can recall it all to prove me right
  • edited October 2009
    Yes they can go back and check chat but also they also email the other players on the table in events like this to get the full facts.

Still cant get my head round why he would want others to fold. 'Many hands make light work' so they say

Were you the short stack on the table, if so the other players calling or not would have made no difference to the outcome as lets be honest, he's never gonna fold.

Personally, I think because the outcome would have been the same regardless then Sky have no need to persue this further other than perhaps giving the villain a chat ban. Certainly I cant see them refunding your buy-in/giving you free seat in next months primo. I reiterate, this is only my opinion.
  • edited October 2009
    While it is innappropriate to talk about hands in the chat box, in this instance no harm was done?  He was always calling with AA.  You was gonna lose a large proportion of the time.

He did cover himself from being given a bad beat tho by another caller but w/e, that didn't change your hand or chance of winning it only increased his by a small percentage.

My advice would be to stop moaning and get on with it.  Because no one really cares and you are embarrasing yourself by moaning so much about being knocked out of a low limit satellite tournie.
  • edited October 2009
    Actually by encouraging others to fold only increased your chances.
    He did you a favour by ultimately protecting your hand against multiple opponents.
  • edited October 2009
    Actually by encouraging others to fold only increased your chances. He did you a favour by ultimately protecting your hand against multiple opponents.
    Posted by Chhas
    It didn't increase his chances.  He still needed to beat AA, as did anyone else calling.

It would have increased his equity in the total pot but thats a different matter.

• edited October 2009
    It DID increase his chances of winning the pot - probably not significantly but it did increase them.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : It didn't increase his chances.  He still needed to beat AA, as did anyone else calling. It would have increased his equity in the total pot but thats a different matter.
    Posted by scotty77
    Sorry to disagree, it did increase his chances as he only had to beat AA, not AA, KQ J7 etc etc.

Yes, it did at the same time increase AA's chance of winning the pot but it was bubble time. +ev states AA did not need to win the pot, just ensure the all in lost it and by having multiple opponents would increase the chances of that happening.