You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ever had a shortstack stick a bad beat on you????

edited June 2011 in Area 51

Obviously I'm one of, if not THE best tournament player on sky poker.

This in itself means alot of the time, I'm sat at a table with a big stack, one of the chip leaders in the tournament, and mostly, chip leader at my table.

As a consequence, I play alot of hands against shorter stacks.

The theory is, that having a big stack means I should win 99% of all in situations, no matter what my cards, or how I play the hand.

Although I'm the best player, my record is fairly modest, through no fault of my own. It's due to the rng, and donks playing any 2 cards and not respecting my raises.

Anyway I thought I'd start a thread to show all you short-stacking donks, the hazards of playing a big stack, the kinda beats we have to put up with game after game from players shoving their shorter stacks into us with nuttin.

Feel free to add your own examples to prove once and for all, that sky poker is rigged in favour of the short stacks.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    JUDGEDREDD Small blind  30.00 30.00 3832.50
    MAXMAX123 Big blind  60.00 90.00 7212.50
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

terenc1955 All-in  850.00 940.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  2870.00 3810.00 0.00
    goldenb238 Fold     
    mattmiller Fold     
    JUDGEDREDD Fold     
    MAXMAX123 Fold     
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  2020.00 1790.00 2020.00
    terenc1955 Show

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • K
    • A

Flop

• J
    • J

Turn

River

• J

terenc1955 Win Full House, Jacks and 4s 1790.00  1790.00
  • edited June 2011

Don't keep putting yourself down all the time, try and be a bit more positive

;)
  • edited June 2011
    Keep taking the medication JJ, I'm sure it will kick-in eventually.
  • edited June 2011

Agh I wanted to post my exit hand from the tourny I was playing, but when I busted, I had the short stack.

fml
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Ever had a shortstack stick a bad beat on you????:
    Agh I wanted to post my exit hand from the tourny I was playing, but when I busted, I had the short stack. fml
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

........... of mice and men ...............
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Ever had a shortstack stick a bad beat on you????:
    Obviously I'm one of, if not THE best tournament player on sky poker. This in itself means alot of the time, I'm sat at a table with a big stack, one of the chip leaders in the tournament, and mostly, chip leader at my table. As a consequence, I play alot of hands against shorter stacks. The theory is, that having a big stack means I should win 99% of all in situations, no matter what my cards, or how I play the hand. Although I'm the best player, my record is fairly modest, through no fault of my own. It's due to the rng, and donks playing any 2 cards and not respecting my raises. Anyway I thought I'd start a thread to show all you short-stacking donks, the hazards of playing a big stack, the kinda beats we have to put up with game after game from players shoving their shorter stacks into us with nuttin. Feel free to add your own examples to prove once and for all, that sky poker is rigged in favour of the short stacks.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

FFS Get a grip and jog on
  • edited June 2011
    Obviously I'm one of, if not THE best tournament player on sky poker. This in itself means alot of the time, I'm sat at a table with a big stack, one of the chip leaders in the tournament, and mostly, chip leader at my table. As a consequence, I play alot of hands against shorter stacks. The theory is, that having a big stack means I should win 99% of all in situations, no matter what my cards, or how I play the hand. Although I'm the best player, my record is fairly modest, through no fault of my own. It's due to the rng, and donks playing any 2 cards and not respecting my raises. Anyway I thought I'd start a thread to show all you short-stacking donks, the hazards of playing a big stack, the kinda beats we have to put up with game after game from players shoving their shorter stacks into us with nuttin. Feel free to add your own examples to prove once and for all, that sky poker is rigged in favour of the short stacks.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

PLONKER!
  • edited June 2011

Haha, where do I go if I want a serious grown up discussion about my theory?

I heard this was the place.

Calling me a plonker and telling me to jog on seems childish to me.

Open up your mind, and think about it. You might be surprised by what you find......

• edited June 2011
    some people just aint got a soh! faf jj
  • edited June 2011

short, medium, or large stacked, the rng always seems to do me...

this site is rigged imo :)))))

• edited June 2011
    These are the classic signs of denial.

The child who wants something pretends it's his friend who wants it. When something bad happens the story of what happened is often told in the third person. 

Pretending to pretend to be pretending it's fixed is classic denial.

Come on out of the cupboard JJ - you know you want to - we will understand, just be brave, be brave and tell us all about your doubts.
  • edited June 2011
    can i just correct you there elsa, working on the assumption that a double neg is a positive, then surely a triple pretend is just a pretend and as such is not in denial. its a bit like the film "inception" how deep do we want to go into jj subconscious and more important would we ever get out!!!!!!
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Is this actually supposed to be funny?
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Ever had a shortstack stick a bad beat on you???? : Is this actually supposed to be funny?
    Posted by baggs
    What's the problem?

Am I not allowed to rant about short stackers?

Short stackers are allowed to rant about big stackers..........

Seems fair enough to me. 

You're short stackers for a reason! ;)
  • edited June 2011
    funny, yes i think so and also a clever way of takin the mick out of yourself thus allowing yourself to take the p i s s out of people who always think short stacks always lose to big stacks because of the rng. clever and witty but not everyones cuppa tea.
  • edited June 2011
    Come on dohhh, wtf u doing calling an all in with just ace king for..fold pre imo.
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Ever had a shortstack stick a bad beat on you???? : What's the problem? Am I not allowed to rant about short stackers? Short stackers are allowed to rant about big stackers.......... Seems fair enough to me.  You're short stackers for a reason! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    The fact you actually took the time to construct this thread is funnier than the content
  • edited June 2011
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancepod1Small blind £0.25£0.25£49.83LUCKY_RUNNBig blind £0.50£0.75£27.38 Your hole cards99   JammyBeeCall £0.50£1.25£35.42argoFold    stienFold    driftdonCall £0.50£1.75£6.95pod1Raise £1.75£3.50£48.08LUCKY_RUNNFold    JammyBeeCall £1.50£5.00£33.92driftdonCall £1.50£6.50£5.45Flop  7KJ   pod1Check    JammyBeeCheck    driftdonAll-in £5.45£11.95£0.00pod1Call £5.45£17.40£42.63JammyBeeFold    pod1Show99   driftdonShowA7   Turn  7   River  4   driftdonWinThree 7s£16.53 £16.53Close windowNext
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Ever had a shortstack stick a bad beat on you???? : The fact you actually took the time to construct this thread is funnier than the content
    Posted by baggs
    And you think spending time posting hand after hand of standard beats, crying about the rng and how bad it is, is more worthwhile than a tongue in cheek thread like this?

Anyway it will go on regardless.

2nd tourny, I spewed off. In 3 more tonight, more to come soon ;)
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Ever had a shortstack stick a bad beat on you???? : And you think spending time posting hand after hand of standard beats, crying about the rng and how bad it is, is more worthwhile than a tongue in cheek thread like this? Anyway it will go on regardless. 2nd tourny, I spewed off. In 3 more tonight, more to come soon ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Only half of your post is tongue in cheek though isnt it. You actually do think you're the best player about. Except you wont play a donk like me  - Go figure!
  • edited June 2011
    Read what you are saying Baggs....

I openly admit I wont play HU v you, because it wouldn't be very profitable. I might win abit, I might lose abit, I'd probably break even.

If I GENUINELY thought I was the best player on here, (that's what you are suggesting) then I would play anyone, wouldn't I?

Just played a couple of £21 HU turbos to get myself outta jail and they frightened the life outta me! lol

Boozing tonight so be back later for some more.   ;)
  • edited June 2011
    I'll be waiting at the tables for you. Hurry up.
  • edited June 2011
    Haha brilliant thread ill get some from last night :) 1 was 1/9 and went out 2 bad beats and finished in 9th must be bigstack always wins :p

A)
    Ice_Tiger Small blind  3000.00 3000.00 71178.75
    YOUNG_GUN Big blind  6000.00 9000.00 78297.10
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

waller02 Fold     
    rich211 Fold     
    myrrdhin Fold     
    Ice_Tiger Raise  15000.00 24000.00 56178.75
    YOUNG_GUN All-in  78297.10 102297.10 0.00
    Ice_Tiger All-in  56178.75 158475.85 0.00
    YOUNG_GUN Unmatched bet  10118.35 148357.50 10118.35
    Ice_Tiger Show
    • Q

YOUNG_GUN Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

• J

Turn

• J

River

Ice_Tiger Win Flush to the Queen 148357.50  148357.50

• edited June 2011
    1/9th and finished 9th?

That would be impossible if the big stack always won right? :S

Confooooosed.
  • edited June 2011

Dear Mr JJ.

After re-reading your OP and all the thread and replies closely, I would like to now give you my reviewed thoughts on yourself and the subject matter.

PLONKER!!!!
  • edited June 2011
    1/9th and finished 9th? That would be impossible if the big stack always won right? :S Confooooosed.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I know weird isn't it i thought big stack always wins so how i didnt win it is beyond me :( rigged i tell thee

HITSQUAD FOREVER!
  • edited June 2011
    Right tbh i think your a nob, people come in this place to moan about the rng and bad beats (its basically to get it off there chest) and all you do is give them sarcastic comments back which they dont really want to hear. So when you come in here being a complete t it about it, theres just no need so jog on.
  • edited June 2011
    Right tbh i think your a nob, people come in this place to moan about the rng and bad beats (its basically to get it off there chest) and all you do is give them sarcastic comments back which they dont really want to hear. So when you come in here being a complete t it about it, theres just no need so jog on.
    Posted by murray69
    You make it sound like a church.
  • edited June 2011
    Jesus christ ;) do you wake up and stay on the forum all day? you seem like your always here replying to everybody's post's, i find it abit sad that your on here practically all the time :/ anyway cba with you no more, you bore me. Ive said what ive got to say :)
  • edited June 2011
    Posted by murray69
    Dont hold back mate! he posts in here a) to wind people like you up who bite b) to help losing players probably such as yourself rather then shoot him down listen and you may learn something

thats my two pennies and notice i didnt call you anything

HITSQUAD FOREVER!