You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BEWARE THE CHEATS

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS:
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : my little girl got knocked of her bike and been at hospital for a while thanx for asking though
    Posted by wemjay
    Wow!! on the bubble in a sat for the primo and your daughter hurt in the dame day. Devastating! Do your friends call ya Lucky?
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : ok well thats why i love poker.  just did some quick calcs on various random hands and have found that yeah they tend to increase the chance by a fraction of a percentage. now im gonna try and find out why that is because i can't figure it out myself, in fact IMO it should decrease the chance...... maybe im just thick
    Posted by scotty77
    Not really, just sense, the fewer hands in a pot will always increase your starting hand percentage of winning against any other hand. Otherwise whats ever the point in prelop raises?
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : Not really, just sense, the fewer hands in a pot will always increase your starting hand percentage of winning against any other hand. Otherwise whats ever the point in prelop raises?
    Posted by Chhas
    No I understand the AA part.

Lets say the OP in this thread had KJo.

AA vs KJo is 86.5/13.5 (approx)

What I don't get is why 3 way AA vs KJo vs 65ss is 63.5/14.3/22.2 (approx).

Surely the odds for KJo to win should go down......

I'm confused.  Help me Mere lol
  • edited October 2009
    yeah lol ive just seen all the posts! mate just man up and dont get so worked up, like Tikay said send a message to sky Rich im sure he will get it sorted for u.  in my opinion you do have a case...but dont go runnin round the forums actin like a girl postin things that skypoker is a cheaters site etc because people aint gonna wanna hear it. g/l in gettin it sorted
    Posted by Eagle26
    you have a nerve boyo, would u not moan if this happened to you BET YOU WOULD
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : ok well thats why i love poker.  just did some quick calcs on various random hands and have found that yeah they tend to increase the chance by a fraction of a percentage. now im gonna try and find out why that is because i can't figure it out myself, in fact IMO it should decrease the chance...... maybe im just thick
    Posted by scotty77
    Just simple maths.
    Say he had 33 and was up against AA.
    He's a bit worse than 20/80 to win and basically he needs to hit his 3 to win - although there are obviously other ways.
    If he hits his 3 he really only has to avoid an A.
    If he's also up against 99 and TT, he also needs to avoid 2 9's and 2 T's so there are 3 times as many re-draws in this case.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : if no-one cares then keep ur comments to urself as u r the only idiot that understands them
    Posted by wemjay
    I CARE WEMJAY AND GL ON GETTIN IT SORTED
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : I CARE WEMJAY AND GL ON GETTIN IT SORTED
    Posted by debdobs_67
    thankyou debdobs seems everyone likes a cheat xxx
  • edited October 2009
    how do you know wemjay was gonna be put out regardless, another player may have bet ( KK , QQ etc) but then folded because of the chat,  if they had fewer chips and 2 players lost then they would have lost. To be honest its not skys fault however id be peed off if it happened to me and i think the player should be banned for 3 months- do it again then ban 4 life it is cheating. In response to webby i see your point but that should not matter , cheating is cheating and the time lapse should not matter only the facts
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : Just simple maths. Say he had 33 and was up against AA. He's a bit worse than 20/80 to win and basically he needs to hit his 3 to win - although there are obviously other ways. If he hits his 3 he really only has to avoid an A. If he's also up against 99 and TT, he also needs to avoid 2 9's and 2 T's so there are 3 times as many re-draws in this case.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Thats what I thought I was saying :s

Someone said that having the pot multiway that it increased the OPs chances of winning. 

I can't see how it can do, as the OPs cards aren't gonna be affected by a random villains holding.

I think some how we're all getting confused here.  Cos what you just typed out is what I said originally... :s

But on top of that I just did the stats a few posts up and thats confused me even more.

Sigh its too late for this and this is gonna bug me.
  • edited October 2009
    how do you know wemjay was gonna be put out regardless, another player may have bet ( KK , QQ etc) but then folded because of the chat,  if they had fewer chips and 2 players lost then they would have lost. To be honest its not skys fault however id be peed off if it happened to me and i think the player should be banned for 3 months- do it again then ban 4 life it is cheating. In response to webby i see your point but that should not matter , cheating is cheating and the time lapse should not matter only the facts
    Posted by loonytoons
    thankyou someone has seen my point
  • edited October 2009

i totally agree with wemjay--anyone that announces thier hand in the chat box when there are still players to act is cheating---you are only allowed to lie about your holding---telling the truth is cheating--any player that uses the chat box to cheat should be chat banned for doing so

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : thankyou someone has seen my point
    Posted by wemjay
    I saw your point near the start of this thread wemjay.

I said.....

Yes, that's wrong WEMJAY.

But you've now made 5 Posts in as many minutes on the same subject all over the Forum, & that won't solve the problem.

Send an e-Mail in, or a Personal Message to Sky Rich.

That's the best way to get it sorted.

Good luck.

How is your daughter now? - I do hope all is well..
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : thats just it tikay it there for all to see if u go back and watch the hand in question i moved all in with 6 players left and 5 getting a seat in tonites primo before anymore action took place a message in the chat box from another player telling the rest of the table to fold i will call i got pocket aces now you tell me is that cheating or not because sky have told me that its not
    Posted by wemjay
    It's yet another software problem that needes to be addressed. CHAT SHOULD BE DISABLED WHEN A PLAYER IS ALL-IN.
    On any other half decent site this would be the case. Yet again Sky ignore to address these problems.
  • edited October 2009
    While it is innappropriate to talk about hands in the chat box, in this instance no harm was done?  He was always calling with AA.  You was gonna lose a large proportion of the time. He did cover himself from being given a bad beat tho by another caller but w/e, that didn't change your hand or chance of winning it only increased his by a small percentage. My advice would be to stop moaning and get on with it.  Because no one really cares and you are embarrasing yourself by moaning so much about being knocked out of a low limit satellite tournie.
    Posted by scotty77
    Give the guy a break, its highly innapropriate. he's got a point and that's why most sites you play on will disable chat when a player goes all-in. Sky please do something about this!
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : thats just it tikay it there for all to see if u go back and watch the hand in question i moved all in with 6 players left and 5 getting a seat in tonites primo before anymore action took place a message in the chat box from another player telling the rest of the table to fold i will call i got pocket aces now you tell me is that cheating or not because sky have told me that its not
    Posted by wemjay
    Hi Wemjay,
    What this player has done is not right, but a lot of the posts, on here, have been that it wouldn't have made a difference.
    Why not post he hand from the hand history to let us all see if, in fact, it could have made a difference. ie were you the short stack?
    The way you have answered some of the post, have been insulting and abusive and in the future my advice would be to remain calm when looking at the post, as you will lose support and sympathy from fellow players.
    I do hope your daughter is well and it was not to serious.
    col
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : Thats what I thought I was saying :s Someone said that having the pot multiway that it increased the OPs chances of winning.  I can't see how it can do, as the OPs cards aren't gonna be affected by a random villains holding. I think some how we're all getting confused here.  Cos what you just typed out is what I said originally... :s But on top of that I just did the stats a few posts up and thats confused me even more. Sigh its too late for this and this is gonna bug me.
    Posted by scotty77

You're right it doesn't it decreases the value of the best hand in this case aa if op had 33 obv aa is 80-20 fav if player x with 10-10 comes in the hand it is 60% aa 20% 10-10 20% 3-3 roughly from memory of seeing hand dealt on tv involving pocket pairs.Wemjay unlucky on that i guess we have to wait and see what customer support do for you hang in there be paitent.
  • edited October 2009
    hi guys,

if you suspect any cheating or foul play has taken place within sky poker please contact customer care by clicking here.

please provide the full details and i assure you every matter will be closely looked into.

if you are still having problems after reporting this just give me a shout.

Rich
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by loonytoons
    Great post loony that is spot on.
  • edited October 2009
    hi guys, if you suspect any cheating or foul play has taken place within sky poker please contact customer care by clicking here . please provide the full details and i assure you every matter will be closely looked into. if you are still having problems after reporting this just give me a shout. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Sky rich, people seem to be missing the point. it doesn't matter what the %s are, or how many people playin the pot. It is out of order and should not be allowed. Are Sky going to come out and do something about this? It can't be that hard to update the software and disable the chat when someone is all-in. And then this will be the end of these arguments and complaints. And we can start moaning about something else lol

ps. Is Tikay the Murray Walker of Poker?
  • edited October 2009
    hi guys, if you suspect any cheating or foul play has taken place within sky poker please contact customer care by clicking here . please provide the full details and i assure you every matter will be closely looked into. if you are still having problems after reporting this just give me a shout. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich
    This is off subject so delete when youve seen it please.
    Ive sent you a PM if you could have a look and PM me back
    col
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    rich i did get in toutch with u i pm u
  • edited October 2009
    i totally agree with wemjay--anyone that announces thier hand in the chat box when there are still players to act is cheating---you are only allowed to lie about your holding---telling the truth is cheating--any player that uses the chat box to cheat should be chat banned for doing so
    Posted by oynutter
    thankyou
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: BEWARE THE CHEATS : I saw your point near the start of this thread wemjay. I said..... Yes, that's wrong WEMJAY. But you've now made 5 Posts in as many minutes on the same subject all over the Forum, & that won't solve the problem. Send an e-Mail in, or a Personal Message to Sky Rich.   That's the best way to get it sorted. Good luck. How is your daughter now? - I do hope all is well..
    Posted by Tikay10
    my daughter is brused cut up and very sore but shes a good girl and hopefully will be ok thankyou for asking
  • edited October 2009
    hope shes better soon
  • edited October 2009
    hope shes better soon
    Posted by BANDICOOT
    thankyou im sure she will be just abit grumpy as you can well imagine
  • edited November 2009
    if you think there is a cheaing problem here you shoud try pokerstars.
    i play double or nothings there.
    there are 4 guys who work in shifts together.
    they all register for about 10 £50 double ups all at once all entering in the same order.
    they play the same games tohether for 4 hours or so then they disspear.
    the 4 new players appear and sign up to 10 games together and so on and so on.

there pattern is so rigid you can tell when there all gonna leave and return under different names.you could set ur watch by them.

pokerstars do nothing!
  • edited November 2009
    if you think there is a cheaing problem here you shoud try pokerstars.
    i play double or nothings there.
    there are 4 guys who work in shifts together.
    they all register for about 10 £50 double ups all at once all entering in the same order.
    they play the same games tohether for 4 hours or so then they disspear.
    the 4 new players appear and sign up to 10 games together and so on and so on.

there pattern is so rigid you can tell when there all gonna leave and return under different names.you could set ur watch by them.

pokerstars do nothing!
  • edited November 2009
    not  sure  it cheating   not  right  no  player  should  be  say  anything   like  that  while  the  hand  is  been  played  like  there  trying  to  influence   the  out  come  of  that  hand
  • edited November 2009
    It's not cheating, it's just very very inappropriate! an very unsportsmanlike! had this been at a table in a backroom in the east of london, i personally think the dude would be eating his food through a straw for a while. You should not talk about your hand till the the hand has finished! 

I think there should be some sort of chat ban though. Follow Tikay's advice and you shouldn't go too far wrong. Hope it gets sorted out ;)
  • edited November 2009
    If it's not cheating, then poker isn't the game i thought it was. i'm sure this will be sorted out, as sky cannot turn a blind eye to it, too much to lose.