You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

We need a downloadable client NOW!!!!!!!!!

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
I know ther has been talk of getting one for ages but i simply cannot play this site anymore without one.....it drives me mad!!!! 
  I know its not just me or my computer because ive tried 4 different laptops and two P/C's now, i struggle massivly to get more than one talbe running at any given time of day its nuts...effectively stopping me from playing cash poker....i love sky but i cannot trust the software, its unresponsive and slow to the point of being rendered useless for mutlitabling.
 The question i ask is why have we not been offered a downloadable client yet because i have used Pokerstars and FTP for years with no trouble at all, the thing is i want to play at sky but i want to be able to trust the software is going to let me make discisons in plently of time instead of freezing and then asking me to check fold or raise with 3 seconds left to act its rediculous, unplayable and most annoyingly avoidable so come on sky whats going on????? HELP!!!!!!!!!

Could anyone else show some support for my plight and vote yes to having had problems with using the browser as the face of the game, or had any troulbe multitable#ing or had the error message 'causing script to run slowly do you want to abort script?'

cheers Kyle

Comments

• edited October 2009
    i get the abort script? all the time...
  • edited October 2009
    its a bloody nightmare games run slow you misshands the other day i fold a flopped flush cause the timer ran down i had no option to do anything.......ARRRRRG come on SKy sort it OUT!!!!!
  • edited October 2009
    Used to have problems using internet explorer, but downloaded mozilla firefox which is a lot more stable..... can handle 2 tables ok on my lappy .... give that a bash see how you get on mate
  • edited October 2009
    i know but dont you think its outragous that with all the options avalable we still have to find a way of making it work ok so i could download firefox and try that but surely it should be ky who have to change things because so many people having problems that they could at least give a option of haveing a useable interface with which to play? without all the hasstle.....

the poll is just to prove my point lol useless but hey, its not like anyone gunna listen and actually do something about it
  • edited October 2009
    can only assume that it must be easier to "control" the cards with things as they are now,there is no other reason for things to have been as they are for so long.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We need a downloadable client NOW!!!!!!!!!:
    can only assume that it must be easier to "control" the cards with things as they are now,there is no other reason for things to have been as they are for so long.
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    lol what an idiot you are.  the software comes from a main server, has nothing to do with the client used.

but LOLZZZZZZZ OMFG RIGGED EVERYONE WILL AGREE WITH ME HAHAH LETS PUT THAT.

oh and yeah we need a downloadable client so bad.  the only machine Sky has ever run stable on is my high end laptop that cost 2.2k and when I'm using my home broadband which is 24MB.  anything else the Sky is horrible to play on.

I would imagine that the reason for the delay is that Sky need to have a client that can run in unison with the browser based system as well as the TV one.  Also it has to be stable and go thru tonnes of testing.

I really hope it is hear by the new year tho as it is long overdue.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We need a downloadable client NOW!!!!!!!!! : lol what an idiot you are.  the software comes from a main server, has nothing to do with the client used. but LOLZZZZZZZ OMFG RIGGED EVERYONE WILL AGREE WITH ME HAHAH LETS PUT THAT. oh and yeah we need a downloadable client so bad.  the only machine Sky has ever run stable on is my high end laptop that cost 2.2k and when I'm using my home broadband which is 24MB.  anything else the Sky is horrible to play on. I would imagine that the reason for the delay is that Sky need to have a client that can run in unison with the browser based system as well as the TV one.  Also it has to be stable and go thru tonnes of testing. I really hope it is hear by the new year tho as it is long overdue.
    Posted by scotty77
    You really need to buy a sense of humour mate.
    Calling people an idiot is totally uncalled for in any situation, but when it appears you cannot spot a humourous post when it slaps you in the face, I suggest you need to count to ten and think before you post a reply.
  • edited October 2009
  • edited October 2009
    i know its eaiser for sky just to run the one for the tv thing but for those of us that never use it surly we can be offered the option, plety of site have both the browser and downloadable options, eg coral ladbroks betfair used to 32 red does and many others.
    thanks for the relply good to ave others intput
  • edited October 2009
    Used to have problems using internet explorer, but downloaded mozilla firefox which is a lot more stable..... can handle 2 tables ok on my lappy .... give that a bash see how you get on mate
    Posted by dodgydaz
    Was the same for me. Firefox is much much quicker. + Delete temp internet files every couple of days and it works fine.
  • edited October 2009
    Im not fussed either way... I can play 3 games easily (which is probs my personal limit without losing "reads" on players) not sure what i could do on my comp physically, i reckon 9 will fit on my screen... but i dont live in my mothers basement and have a large spot problem....
  • edited October 2009
    lol nice post flash flush! surely it is your internet connections that are the problem and not your computers? And mere novice chill out that wernt a humourous post because longplay is all over area 51 moaning about rigged software... nice one scotty77.
  • edited October 2009
    firefox, ie, opera................who gives a f***k.  We should be able to play poker, and sky should be able to provide a reliable gaming experience.  This does obviously mean a downloadable client, and I am amazed we havent had one yet.  I am slowly but surely becoming very disillusioned with sky poker and wondering how much longer I can keep playing here..........wot the f***k are the technical team doing.....someone there is just inventing the f******g wheel i think
  • edited October 2009
    its not the internet connection deffinatly not ive never had a problem using any other software at all none....and its too cmmon a problem for it to be the internet connection, why is it so hard to except the the browser option is from the stoneage and need updating or at least an alternative put in force. All i want is to be able to trust the site is that so much to ask from somthing that i am effecticly paying to use thru the rake and lots of it?????? really its a joke that its not being taken seriously.
  • edited October 2009
    Ive never had a problem with it, all works fine for me... so dont understand how it can be skys fault. kyle i thought you were sorting something out to do with coaching new players?
  • edited October 2009
    i have it on good authority that a download version is coming soon---soon being probably a few more months--possibly in the new year---long overdue and definately much needed---flash player is a pain in the floppity doo dahs
  • edited October 2009
    Hey guys,

i have had to delete a post on this thread as it contained personal information that we simply can't allow. please refrain from doing this as unfortunately we have to delete all posts that contain email addresses, phone numbers etc.

thanks everyone.
  • edited October 2009
    hi guys,

i'll do some digging around downloadable client dates and see if i can get any more news for you.

thanks,

Rich
  • edited October 2009
    If you're digging around, an update on the delivery date for the implementation of a "proper" hand history would be appreciated too. Thanks.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to We need a downloadable client NOW!!!!!!!!!:
    I know ther has been talk of getting one for ages but i simply cannot play this site anymore without one.....it drives me mad!!!!    I know its not just me or my computer because ive tried 4 different laptops and two P/C's now, i struggle massivly to get more than one talbe running at any given time of day its nuts...effectively stopping me from playing cash poker....i love sky but i cannot trust the software, its unresponsive and slow to the point of being rendered useless for mutlitabling.  The question i ask is why have we not been offered a downloadable client yet because i have used Pokerstars and FTP for years with no trouble at all, the thing is i want to play at sky but i want to be able to trust the software is going to let me make discisons in plently of time instead of freezing and then asking me to check fold or raise with 3 seconds left to act its rediculous, unplayable and most annoyingly avoidable so come on sky whats going on????? HELP!!!!!!!!! Could anyone else show some support for my plight and vote yes to having had problems with using the browser as the face of the game, or had any troulbe multitable#ing or had the error message 'causing script to run slowly do you want to abort script?' cheers Kyle
    Posted by goddenkyle
    I have 18 tabled sky with no probs
  • edited October 2009
  • edited October 2009
    The download is in the queue behind a number of other poker developments, and scheduled for February release. 

Ahead of that we've got heads up rematches, play a similar sit & go, multi table tiling and seat rotation coming in the next two weeks, addons and rebuys coming in early November, a redesign of the website home page and poker lobby coming in late November and Omaha is being worked on for release in the new year also.   Not wanting to make excuses, but to give you an insight into our prioritisation, we'd have liked to get the download completed and out in November, but its design relies heavily on the new website design, so it was felt essential that was released first.

So there are lots of developments in the pipeline and we'd love to get it all out as soon as possible, but each new feature has to meet a strict schedule for design and development and be tested comprehensively before it can be released. 

Thanks for your patience and we're always looking for a couple of players to help test some of these features, so if you are interested please post here.

Regards,

Des.
  • edited October 2009
    I would be interested in testing the new features.

• edited October 2009
    In Response to We need a downloadable client NOW!!!!!!!!! : I have 18 tabled sky with no probs
    Posted by ajs4385
    And they are the bigger limit Cash Tables, too.
  • edited October 2009
    The download is in the queue behind a number of other poker developments, and scheduled for February release.  Ahead of that we've got heads up rematches, play a similar sit & go, multi table tiling and seat rotation coming in the next two weeks, addons and rebuys coming in early November, a redesign of the website home page and poker lobby coming in late November and Omaha is being worked on for release in the new year also.   Not wanting to make excuses, but to give you an insight into our prioritisation, we'd have liked to get the download completed and out in November, but its design relies heavily on the new website design, so it was felt essential that was released first. So there are lots of developments in the pipeline and we'd love to get it all out as soon as possible, but each new feature has to meet a strict schedule for design and development and be tested comprehensively before it can be released.  Thanks for your patience and we're always looking for a couple of players to help test some of these features, so if you are interested please post here. Regards, Des.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Hi Des,
    I'd be happy to help out in any way.
    col
  • edited October 2009

would love to test new stuff, because as you have probably read what i have isn't working lol

• edited October 2009
    If you're digging around, an update on the delivery date for the implementation of a "proper" hand history would be appreciated too. Thanks.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Spot on mate, Whilst the idea of a downloadable version is tantalising, I have had no problems with the browser version.

Also downloadable versions carry the threat of external poker programs making all the decisions for a player. Something sky has so far been void of.

Many other sites carry this threat and another post here somewhere said these programs are operated by up to 40% of players on some sites.

I prefer my poker 'untarnished' so to speak.
  • edited October 2009
    The download is in the queue behind a number of other poker developments, and scheduled for February release.  Ahead of that we've got heads up rematches, play a similar sit & go, multi table tiling and seat rotation coming in the next two weeks, addons and rebuys coming in early November, a redesign of the website home page and poker lobby coming in late November and Omaha is being worked on for release in the new year also.   Not wanting to make excuses, but to give you an insight into our prioritisation, we'd have liked to get the download completed and out in November, but its design relies heavily on the new website design, so it was felt essential that was released first. So there are lots of developments in the pipeline and we'd love to get it all out as soon as possible, but each new feature has to meet a strict schedule for design and development and be tested comprehensively before it can be released.  Thanks for your patience and we're always looking for a couple of players to help test some of these features, so if you are interested please post here. Regards, Des.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Hi Des

I would glady test too.

Cheers
  • edited October 2009
    bump! a downloadable client would b good, but only if incorparated certain features, like saving hand histories to your drive, and being able to resize/tile tables (i have to permanantly play 1 table at a time in mini mode on my netbook) etc... itd b great if they took inspiration from the 'stars client
  • edited October 2009
    Does anyone else not agree that all these thing we are asking for eg. download client, hand history, rezise ect should come standard as with most other leading poker sites, i think that if sky spent the money it would be great for there profits because more players would stick around and more would come....