You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

We need a downloadable client NOW!!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We need a downloadable client NOW!!!!!!!!!:
    Does anyone else not agree that all these thing we are asking for eg. download client, hand history, rezise ect should come standard as with most other leading poker sites, i think that if sky spent the money it would be great for there profits because more players would stick around and more would come....
    Posted by goddenkyle
    ...they ARE spending the money, on exac tly those things, 'Kyle.
  • edited October 2009
    fair enuff i do get that but how long can it take??? ok im gunna stop moaning now and be paitent in the mean time ull find me at stars 60% of the time unfortunatly.....thing is i hate ther cash out system and would rather play here lol.....its a annoyence both ways lol
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Des - I would be very interested in helping beta test the downloadable client and also the Omaha tables.

What do I have to do to get to the front of the queue plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)
  • edited October 2009
    The download is in the queue behind a number of other poker developments, and scheduled for February release.  Ahead of that we've got heads up rematches, play a similar sit & go, multi table tiling and seat rotation coming in the next two weeks, addons and rebuys coming in early November, a redesign of the website home page and poker lobby coming in late November and Omaha is being worked on for release in the new year also.   Not wanting to make excuses, but to give you an insight into our prioritisation, we'd have liked to get the download completed and out in November, but its design relies heavily on the new website design, so it was felt essential that was released first. So there are lots of developments in the pipeline and we'd love to get it all out as soon as possible, but each new feature has to meet a strict schedule for design and development and be tested comprehensively before it can be released.  Thanks for your patience and we're always looking for a couple of players to help test some of these features, so if you are interested please post here. Regards, Des.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Hi Des, I'm very interested in testing the new features, particularly omaha
  • edited October 2009
    I entered a russian roulette and by the time i got in to the table i was out lol
  • edited October 2009
    A couple months ago, I posted a thread in the tecchie forum explaining the best way to cater for multi tablers with a downloadable client.  Someone said they would send it to the tecchie team.

I would be happy to test the downloadable client.  In fact I think it is essential, lol.
  • edited October 2009
    hi des--i could help by testing features if you need anyone with a very slow gprs mobile connection--im ya man!
  • edited October 2009
    The download is in the queue behind a number of other poker developments, and scheduled for February release.  Ahead of that we've got heads up rematches, play a similar sit & go, multi table tiling and seat rotation coming in the next two weeks, addons and rebuys coming in early November, a redesign of the website home page and poker lobby coming in late November and Omaha is being worked on for release in the new year also.   Not wanting to make excuses, but to give you an insight into our prioritisation, we'd have liked to get the download completed and out in November, but its design relies heavily on the new website design, so it was felt essential that was released first. So there are lots of developments in the pipeline and we'd love to get it all out as soon as possible, but each new feature has to meet a strict schedule for design and development and be tested comprehensively before it can be released.  Thanks for your patience and we're always looking for a couple of players to help test some of these features, so if you are interested please post here. Regards, Des.
    Posted by Sky_Des
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Hi Ded,
    Any chance of a response to my email/post?

Thanks

Candi
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We need a downloadable client NOW!!!!!!!!! : Hi Ded, Any chance of a response to my email/post? Thanks Candi
    Posted by candi
    hey Candi,

which post are your referring too? let me know and i'll chase it up for you.

all the best,

Rich
  • edited October 2009
    Download would be fantastic
  • edited October 2009
    The last update has definately improved the table loading speed--has anyone else noticed a vast improvment--i can now get on the tables at least 10 times faster--thanks techies---touchwood--lol
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We need a downloadable client NOW!!!!!!!!! : hey Candi, which post are your referring too? let me know and i'll chase it up for you. all the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich
    and thankyou for your response.
    Im referring to an earlier email i had off Des when he said there would be a tourney and a show to find our star poker player. He said news to follow in september, however i`ve not heard anything since and its october now.
    I sent him another message to ask him if there was any development, but as of yet, i`ve heard nothing from him.

Kind regards

Candi xxxx
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We need a downloadable client NOW!!!!!!!!! : Hi Rich and thankyou for your response. Im referring to an earlier email i had off Des when he said there would be a tourney and a show to find our star poker player. He said news to follow in september, however i`ve not heard anything since and its october now. I sent him another message to ask him if there was any development, but as of yet, i`ve heard nothing from him. Kind regards Candi xxxx
    Posted by candi
    Hi Des/Rich,
    Iwould be grateful for at least some response
    thankyou

Candi
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We need a downloadable client NOW!!!!!!!!! : Hi Rich and thankyou for your response. Im referring to an earlier email i had off Des when he said there would be a tourney and a show to find our star poker player. He said news to follow in september, however i`ve not heard anything since and its october now. I sent him another message to ask him if there was any development, but as of yet, i`ve heard nothing from him. Kind regards Candi xxxx
    Posted by candi
    Rich, any joy?
    Candi
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We need a downloadable client NOW!!!!!!!!! : Rich, any joy? Candi
    Posted by candi
    Rich is currently on holiday.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We need a downloadable client NOW!!!!!!!!! : Rich is currently on holiday.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Is sky Des on holiday too?
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Candi,

i'll pass this thread onto Des and hopefully he'll get back to you soon.

all the best,

Rich
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by candi
    Hi Candi,

Sorry for the delay in coming back.  This is something we are working on at the moment with a proposed launch date of late November.  However, as with all proposals, it has to go through a final sign off process and until it successfully does that we can't say too much.  Lots of fingers crossed though...

Regards,

Des.
  • edited October 2009
    Hi Candi, i'll pass this thread onto Des and hopefully he'll get back to you soon. all the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich
    thankyou  for your reply and thankyou for contacting Des, much appreciated hunni

Kind regards

Candi xxxx
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: We need a downloadable client NOW!!!!!!!!! : Hi Candi, Sorry for the delay in coming back.  This is something we are working on at the moment with a proposed launch date of late November.  However, as with all proposals, it has to go through a final sign off process and until it successfully does that we can't say too much.  Lots of fingers crossed though... Regards, Des.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Hi Des,
    Thankyou for your reply. Hope you are keeping well hunni

Fingers crossed for a  successful outcome to the development of this theme.

kind regards

Candi xxxx

• edited October 2009
    i personally can understand why everyone wants a download client such as many other sites do use this.

However my personal opinion is against it. I find the site easier to navagite than the ipoker clients i have used in the past, i find it easier to find what type of game i want there and then. I prefer the system that it uses. Yes i have the odd call/check delay from time to time but it still does it without hesitation.