You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Nice Weather Today

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Think I made a Mistake its a Hurricane coming first then a Tornado.
  • edited August 2011

Oops its a Typhoon first then a Hurricane followed by a Tornado a Spitfire then a Lancaster bomber.  Doesn't the Weather just fly past. ?

• edited August 2011
     Mmmmmmmm  anyone out there.?    Bennydip ?  
  • edited August 2011
     Sooooo nice and Sunny today think I'll pot a few hanging baskets.  Which basket should I hang first. ?
  • edited August 2011
    what u putting in them?
  • edited August 2011
    Bleeding Hearts
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Nice Weather Today:
    Bleeding Hearts
    Posted by logdon

fuschias are the way forward

• edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Nice Weather Today : fuschias are the way forward
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    Summer variety dying off now my weather predictions haven't helped so something from my winter collection "Pansies". Do you know any ------------  good varieties.?
  • edited August 2011
    nah dont do pansies prefer more substanial offerings
  • edited August 2011
    more of a lawn man - feed n weed it baby!
  • edited August 2011
    I believe there are a lot of delicate little flowers on the Forum to choose from. !     "Sunny Days" 
  • edited August 2011
    i just like killing ants tbh
  • edited August 2011
    i just like killing ants tbh
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    Lots of them about when the Weather is hot they come out of the ground in swarms start flying around but barely get ten yards when their wings fall off.  Another mound to add to the Lawn looking like more like we have a mole. Put Ant powder down last year twice as many this year, complained to the shop and was told it would have been three times as many without the powder.  Didn't see that one coming on the river.?    
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Nice Weather Today : Lots of them about when the Weather is hot they come out of the ground in swarms start flying around but barely get ten yards when their wings fall off.  Another mound to add to the Lawn looking like more like we have a mole. Put Ant powder down last year twice as many this year, complained to the shop and was told it would have been three times as many without the powder.  Didn't see that one coming on the river.?    
    Posted by logdon
    Did any get in your pants?
  • edited August 2011
    In Response to Re: Nice Weather Today : Did any get in your pants?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I can only assume you meant Plants.     No.     I sprayed them with soapy water something you need.?
  • edited August 2011
    Tomorrow I will be planting "Nemesia"  re- "Angelart Pear"   Fuchsia Sunray  "Alpine" Phiox Subulata Blues  With a Lesuminous Mix and finaly  Erysimus Bowes Mauves.     Lovely don't you think.!   "Percy would be proud."!
  • edited August 2011
     All that Rain has brought the Slug's out in force. Could they ever become endangered.  My Hedgehog used to get rid of a few of them but sadly it got run over by a car on it's nightly travels. Another endangered Species so many to worry about.  Went to "Butterfly World" last week and what a great day out it was.  Beautiful exotic Butterflies just land on your hand and such wonderful colours. They were in a heated enclosure otherwise they would not survive our cold winter weather even in metamorphoses state. They were from hot Countries and not from the British Isles.  Wish they were like that in my garden. Only spotted three White one's in as many days , their called "Cabbage Whites" silly name really as Cabbages are green.?  They will soon be joining all the other endangered creatures and will only be found in zoo's wildlife parks. "Sad don't you think". ! Off to have a good cry. sob sob 
  • edited August 2011
    I don't think you've seen three white ones, but seen 1 white 1 three different times.

Can't you get yourself a new hedgehog?
  • edited August 2011
    I don't think you've seen three white ones, but seen 1 white 1 three different times. Can't you get yourself a new hedgehog?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You can't fool me, well may-be only some of the time. There were definitely three.  One was larger than the other one,  the third had black spots.  You must think I'm stupid.  ! Also  You can't buy Hedgehogs as pets, they're not Tortoices they are wild creatures and very bad at the green cross code. Saying that you can't buy Tortoises either now. Another endangered species. Hedgehogs used to emerge  big and fat after hibernation but now they look like they've been on the Atkinson Diet, skinny and under fed. Hubby said, the reason you don't see many now is,  they are being eaten by the East Europeans coming into the Country. They consider them a delicacy.  Think he's having a laugh with me at my expense.  It's not Funny, its serious.  "The Disappearing World."  off for another sob.
  • edited August 2011
    "Cyclone coming"    Yes, you read it correctly. In the Post that is,  my Dyson Hover,  Oops "I mean Vacuum cleaner,"  which I might add was not cheap,  gave up the Ghost last week and Hubby being "Mr Fix It" took it apart,  he found the problem, much to my surprise and phoned their help line.  He spoke to their technical department and told them which part had broken, but that he thought our Warranty had expired.  They just said, Ok we'll send you out a replacement part and the next day the part arrived in the post "no charge"  Well, we think it was free as there was no bill with it. I told Hubby to check by phoning them to see if they forgot to put the bill in the box, he said, don't be silly it may remind them to send one and we get billed,  but he thinks it was free.   "If it was free," then well done Dyson you don't often get a freebie nowadays" .  "If not".   I have sent Hubby's suit to the cleaners ready for our Court appearance.?    
  • edited August 2011
      Surprise Surprise the Vacuum cleaner works but Hubby said,  he was told not to use it any more as he was responsible for it breaking in the first place.  The static Electricity in his body malfunctioned the appliance.  Mmm  I'll make him wear rubber gloves.
  • edited August 2011
     Brrrrrrrr  Heating went on last night for the first time and guess what "Yep" the pump had got stuck. Hubby had to free it by poking a stick in the screwhole to make it turn.   He is getting quite good at fixing things lately, before if he took anything apart it ended up in the bin and we bought a new one or we would called the repair man.  So when he said, "I'll have a look at it."  I was thinking.!   Please don't touch it, let it mend its self. ?       
  • edited August 2011
    Not so nice Weather on it's way to New York City.  Hurricane Irene ....... Come On.!      Why do they always call these nasty Storms by Ladies names.  Whats wrong with Tom Dic k or Harry.
    There's a Di ck of a Storm coming. ?   Sounds more Plausible and you know what to expect. ! 
  • edited August 2011
    well logdon the Di ck was not as big has we thought it was going to be. but the surge may be bigger xxxpaige
  • edited August 2011
    well logdon the Di ck was not as big has we thought it was going to be. but the surge may be bigger xxxpaige
    Posted by paige55
    Yes Trish,  they should have named the Storm Di ck after all,  you heard it here first. ?  Would you like to live in America where Hurricanes Tornado's are every day occurrences, they come home from work to find their house and furniture gone. Here we just have to put up with someone stealing our car or telly. 
                                                                   ---------------------------

Well the Acorn's are falling off the Tree's now and that is the first sign Winter's on it's way. Next will be the horse chestnuts  conkers and then the leaves on the tree's.  Brrrrrr my heating is on already. !     Hugsx
  • edited August 2011
    love you my logdon xxx love  your post xxxx
  • edited August 2011
    love you my logdon xxx love  your postxxxx
    Posted by paige55
    Just thought I would highlight this before the boys start talking about us.  Hugs x 

That Irishrover , Alias Denis the Menace has got a cheek calling me a Moo Cow was funny thou. ?

Well my friend came to collect "Roley" and I really miss him.  "Rusty" doesn't  he was frightened of him and would run upstairs when I let him out for exercise to roll around the floor.  Dogs are stupid don't you think. Mmmmm  
  • edited August 2011
     Well, Folks Today is Officially the last day of Summer we have reached the top,  it's all down hill from tomorrow. Bet that's cheered you all up.!  
  • edited August 2011

winter blues are on there way,dark nights will soon be here to stay

• edited September 2011
    No two days are the same with our Weather,  take yesterday  I'm giving it away. But today I'm keeping.!