You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A Team Forum

edited July 2011 in Community Suggestions
As has been mentioned in another (possibly trollish) thread, the GPC forum has an awful lot of "team" activity. For non-team members this might be off-putting. On the other hand, without the team banter in GPC, the place might be a little dead.

Anyway, a quick poll to see.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    Easy peasy answer TEAMS rule ;)

Well at least Team51 does  xxx
  • edited July 2011
    No GPC is the place to be i dont think its too bad we all have our own threads then the odd others no big deal

dont feed the troll
  • edited July 2011
    DEFINITELY a seperate part of the forum.

Also all the DTD stuff should be in the tournaments section, I have no idea why it isn't, especially as most of the community mods are involved in either playing or running it. 

Any thread that is mis-placed is jumped on within 15 minutes nowardays, so I don't know why tourny based threads are allowed to stay in GPC, can anyone explain?

• edited July 2011
    errrrrr ........ don't feed the troll - did I hear that somewhere?

FEED THE TROLL - START A POLL
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum:
    DEFINITELY a seperate part of the forum. Also all the DTD stuff should be in the tournaments section, I have no idea why it isn't, especially as most of the community mods are involved in either playing or running it.  Any thread that is mis-placed is jumped on within 15 minutes nowardays, so I don't know why tourny based threads are allowed to stay in GPC, can anyone explain?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

+1

If your not part of a team it' becomes rediculous strolling through threads in GPC to find something decent to partake in. That said i'm all for the team stuff but it's growing so bid and with the DTD, GPC is more of a team forum now.

• edited July 2011
    DEFINITELY a seperate part of the forum. Also all the DTD stuff should be in the tournaments section, I have no idea why it isn't, especially as most of the community mods are involved in either playing or running it.  Any thread that is mis-placed is jumped on within 15 minutes nowardays, so I don't know why tourny based threads are allowed to stay in GPC, can anyone explain?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    By your theory JJ this also means Primo & BH threads should go into tournaments section also!!! The idea of the DTD is to encourage new members to the forum and get them joining in, why therefore would it be placed in a forum section that gets next to no traffic. I remember the Sky team using the same theorem for moving the live show threads to the tourney section however this idea was swiftly deemed a non starter and the show threads were moved back to GPC.

Also the DTD comp takes up one thread per Monday, this can hardly be classed as spamming the forum!

Happy for a subsection for team posts, but DTD should definitely stay where it is!!!

xx
  • edited July 2011
    errrrrr ........ don't feed the troll - did I hear that somewhere? FEED THE TROLL - START A POLL
    Posted by elsadog

+1    yes you have just given the troll a banquette!!!  well done!!!!

VERY CONTRADICTARY LOL
  • edited July 2011
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1

• edited July 2011
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Hi JJ

GPC is the 1st point of call when New People join the Forum & Monday Nights DTD was set up for smaller BR so as to have a good night of Fun & Banter & Sky Adam Kindly puts up a Prize for the Winner btw Sky Mods DO NOT Run it I do & scouse_red (Chris) does Table Updates on the night. Forum DTD is open to anyone the Teams are a Bonus to the spirit of the Game

By all means if you wanna move it from GPC then you would have to also move TSP Lite & The Omaha Club which sort of defeats the object of attracting new players

Michael
  • edited July 2011
    If DTD has to stay, it should surely only need 1 thread? Which could be stickied at the top, out of the way?

Compromise !

Any DTD news, such as this mornings 'important announcement' should be put on the thread, at both ends, (opening post, last post) - Irishrover Styleeeee

I agree the presenters comps should also be shifted over to the tourny bit, if they set the example, others might follow. Again, I dunno why these threads aren't insta-shifted by mods.

MODS ??

-----
    They r quick enough to snap-move my posts when I ask for advice on turning my PC on! (tbf that's the big mods, not the comm mods, but same thing)
  • edited July 2011
    It is General Poker Chat therefore it is in the right place!

Dave
  • edited July 2011
    +1In Response to Re: A Team Forum:
    It is General Poker Chat therefore it is in the right place! Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    +1

• edited July 2011
    It is General Poker Chat therefore it is in the right place! Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    You could make a case for anything to be general poker chat, as long as it's about poker.

If you're gonna split a forum into sections and have one called "sky poker tournaments" then surely a thread all about tournaments belongs there. 

Who has the deciding vote? The poll is obv gonna be dominated by forum regs, 90% of whom play DTD and are in a team. The com-mods also participate in teams and the DTD, and they ultimately make the decision. So obv I'm wasting energy typing this! lol

--------

Just an example a guy posted recently asking for general help with his poker, nothing specific enough for the clinic, just advice about books/coaching/group study etc. Machka moved it to GPC (good work)

It's had 2 replys and is now on page 2, while there are 9 team/DTD related threads on page 1. 

???

• edited July 2011
    I'm OK with a team section in the forum, GPC must be pretty annoying these days for members who aren't interested in the multiple threads of team banter.

I think the DTD should defo stay in GPC though to promote it as much as possible.
  • edited July 2011
    I think the DTD thread should stay in here as it helps to attract new players when it's in the busiest section of the forum.

Having a team section for all of the team threads would be good though.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : You could make a case for anything to be general poker chat, as long as it's about poker. If you're gonna split a forum into sections and have one called "sky poker tournaments" then surely a thread all about tournaments belongs there.  Who has the deciding vote? The poll is obv gonna be dominated by forum regs, 90% of whom play DTD and are in a team. The com-mods also participate in teams and the DTD, and they ultimately make the decision. So obv I'm wasting energy typing this! lol -------- Just an example a guy posted recently asking for general help with his poker, nothing specific enough for the clinic, just advice about books/coaching/group study etc. Machka moved it to GPC (good work) It's had 2 replys and is now on page 2, while there are 9 team/DTD related threads on page 1.  ???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

What are you moaning about? If a thread is interesting people will post - if it's not they won't - simple as that. You can't force people to be interested in what interests you! 

It's not broke so don't try to fix it.

The large majority of people on the forum obviously find the whole DTD and team thing interesting, if you don't then that I'm afraid puts you in the minority. The excuse that it clogs up the forum is nonsense - if you don't want to read it you don't have to. On the first 2 pages of the general chat there are over 2,000 posts relating to DTD and teams - I'm sorry but you can't argue with that.

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : What are you moaning about? If a thread is interesting people will post - if it's not they won't - simple as that. You can't force people to be interested in what interests you!  It's not broke so don't try to fix it. The large majority of people on the forum obviously find the whole DTD and team thing interesting, if you don't then that I'm afraid puts you in the minority. The excuse that it clogs up the forum is nonsense - if you don't want to read it you don't have to. On the first 2 pages of the general chat there are over 2,000 posts relating to DTD and teams - I'm sorry but you can't argue with that.
    Posted by elsadog
    Isn't this why they should have their own section though, Anyway I've found a solution. I'm just gonna join the DTD and a team.
  • edited July 2011

SOLUTION - Delete the clinic as who needs 25 smart alecs telling you how to play a hand 100 diff ways and replace it with a team thread.

Or EVERY team should have their own forum thread like Team 51 already have!!!.....

.....or shall we just close the whole thing down so nobodies nose will be put out of joint!
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : What are you moaning about? If a thread is interesting people will post - if it's not they won't - simple as that. You can't force people to be interested in what interests you!  It's not broke so don't try to fix it. The large majority of people on the forum obviously find the whole DTD and team thing interesting, if you don't then that I'm afraid puts you in the minority. The excuse that it clogs up the forum is nonsense - if you don't want to read it you don't have to. On the first 2 pages of the general chat there are over 2,000 posts relating to DTD and teams - I'm sorry but you can't argue with that.
    Posted by elsadog
    1 - They've got to see it first.

2-  Nope, but you can organise it better. 

Anyway, the inevitable has happened and the thread has been taken over by team captains/participants, DTD organisers, and community mods (who fall into all 3 catagories), so I don't stand a chance trying to reason against that lot on mi todd. 

It's not even a big deal just thought I'd reply to a reasonable opening post with an alternative P.O.V.

Will look forward to a new DTD thread going up on Friday, hopefully at the top, as a sticky though. You know it makes sense ;)

• edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : Isn't this why they should have their own section though, Anyway I've found a solution. I'm just gonna join the DTD and a team.
    Posted by yuranASSet
    EXCELLENT PLAN!!!!

Welcome to the Monday madness!!!

If I may, I'd like to point you in the direction of the team threads in general poker chat where I understand TPT (Team Poker Trev) TNP (Team Ninja Ploppers) and THS (The Hit Squad) have an ongoing recuitment drive!!

GL & see you on Mondaaaayyyyyyyyy

xx
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : 1 - They've got to see it first. 2-  Nope, but you can organise it better.  Anyway, the inevitable has happened and the thread has been taken over by team captains/participants, DTD organisers, and community mods (who fall into all 3 catagories), so I don't stand a chance trying to reason against that lot on mi todd.  It's not even a big deal just thought I'd reply to a reasonable opening post with an alternative P.O.V. Will look forward to a new DTD thread going up on Friday, hopefully at the top, as a sticky though. You know it makes sense ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

A brand new Forum DTD thread goes up once a week that's how it works
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : EXCELLENT PLAN!!!! Welcome to the Monday madness!!! If I may, I'd like to point you in the direction of the team threads in general poker chat where I understand TPT (Team Poker Trev) TNP (Team Ninja Ploppers) and THS (The Hit Squad) have an ongoing recuitment drive!! GL & see you on Mondaaaayyyyyyyyy xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Thank You :D
  • edited July 2011
    as the said 'troll' of the previous thread (something of which i deny whole heartedly) i feel i should put my tuppence worth in,i agree with dohhhh completely there should be a seprate section for the team aspects of the forums.

The main problem is that most of the regs are in a team of some description so therefore the team posts will get more replies and will be at the top of the forum listings..If there were to be a new interesting thread from a new player asking for help ( as in dohhhs example) then within 5 minutes there will be lots of replies to the THS/TKP etc team threads and this persons questions will be on page 2, and lets be honest who ever looks at that!!!!

I dont know what the problem is it is called general poker chat,the word general in this context meaning  'Affecting or concerning all or most people'. how can a thread about a team which only applies to a handful of people be in GENERAL poker chat....the area 51 stuff has more right to be on here then that
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : 1 - They've got to see it first. 2-  Nope, but you can organise it better.  Anyway, the inevitable has happened and the thread has been taken over by team captains/participants, DTD organisers, and community mods (who fall into all 3 catagories), so I don't stand a chance trying to reason against that lot on mi todd.  It's not even a big deal just thought I'd reply to a reasonable opening post with an alternative P.O.V. Will look forward to a new DTD thread going up on Friday, hopefully at the top, as a sticky though. You know it makes sense ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    JJ I as you know fall into all 3 catagories, my personal viewpoint is this............
    1/   I think the DTD thread should be left exactly where it is in GPT it's one thread a week and does a lot to bring the community together.
    2/ The suggestion of creating a new section in the forum for teams if viable then yes why not

however I hope that if this is the case and the traffic on the forum slows right down people will be big and honest enough to admit it was a mistake to do this, because after all Sky Poker prides itself on the community asspect
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : JJ I as you know fall into all 3 catagories, my personal viewpoint is this............ 1/   I think the DTD thread should be left exactly where it is in GPT it's one thread a week and does a lot to bring the community together. 2/ The suggestion of creating a new section in the forum for teams if viable then yes why not however I hope that if this is the case and the traffic on the forum slows right down people will be big and honest enough to admit it was a mistake to do this, because after all Sky Poker prides itself on the community asspect
    Posted by scouse_red
    this would actually depend on you guys that are in the teams,do you just dismiss anything pn the site now that is not related to your team thing...would you just ignore a post without reading it because your team is not in the title..if this is the case then of course the forum will be dead afterwards
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : this would actually depend on you guys that are in the teams,do you just dismiss anything pn the site now that is not related to your team thing...would you just ignore a post without reading it because your team is not in the title..if this is the case then of course the forum will be dead afterwards
    Posted by jesusdog22
    not at all the forum is there for that reason and I'm sure if you spend a bit of time going thru posts in non team related threads you will find that members of all teams do post in them
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: A Team Forum : not at all the forum is there for that reason and I'm sure if you spend a bit of time going thru posts in non team related threads you will find that members of all teams do post in them
    Posted by scouse_red
    well if what u just said is true then the forum will still be very active even if the team stuff gets moved out,great lets do that then
  • edited July 2011
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you are always sharing your views with the forums why not be part of it. its human nature to be part of a group. to many people live a lonely life without friends , forgotten, looking at their computer trying to reach out but failing. the only true contact is the knock on the door . its the takeaway man with your meal. you pay him he goes nice man. im sure if you asked a team would welcome you in. go on be part of a family. feel wanted.be happy. be part of a rail, you will never look back

• edited July 2011
    LOL before all this team malarchy come along it was constant moaning etc thats all you can read in GPC now your moaning that theres too much you can easily just skip them. its all part of the banter and you dont have to be a part of the team to join in.

i gurantee GPC would be 9/10 im leaving threads or moaning if they create a team seaction on the forum

i am infact totally against it altogether easier to find all good things in GPC saves siving through rubbish etc

Jesus i think you will fit in area51 maybe they have a vacancy....
  • edited July 2011
    as the said 'troll' of the previous thread (something of which i deny whole heartedly) i feel i should put my tuppence worth in,i agree with dohhhh completely there should be a seprate section for the team aspects of the forums. The main problem is that most of the regs are in a team of some description so therefore the team posts will get more replies and will be at the top of the forum listings..If there were to be a new interesting thread from a new player asking for help ( as in dohhhs example) then within 5 minutes there will be lots of replies to the THS/TKP etc team threads and this persons questions will be on page 2, and lets be honest who ever looks at that!!!! I dont know what the problem is it is called general poker chat,the word general in this context meaning  'Affecting or concerning all or most people'. how can a thread about a team which only applies to a handful of people be in GENERAL poker chat....the area 51 stuff has more right to be on here then that
    Posted by jesusdog22

This is just not so - any replies go on the same thread and even with a thousand replies on a thread it has no effect on any other thread.