You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

dont win

2»

Comments

• edited July 2011
     Robbers, you win a few quid they sc rew
     you over every night.
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: dont win:
     Robbers, you win a few quid they sc rew  you over every night.
    Posted by russ137
    sigh , i give up ;)
  • edited July 2011
    Edge ure more than prob a really decent fella , but in all honesty mate ya gotta , just gotta accept the beats and move on. If you know ya played a hand well but still lost then ya have to be happy that ya did nowt wrong. I used to blame site/players/aliens/gordon brown etc as long as it wasnt me. What i did was rethink , look in the poker clinic non stop and realise it was actually me that was not that good. I have now vastly improved my position , bet sizing and knowing/feeling i could be behind and i kid ya not my game has improved vastly. Best of luck anyway xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    thank you debs...a lot of it is just kneejerk reaction...but honestly my usually answer to a bad river is gurgle gurgle...and bad beats are part of the game...and i honestly have never had a problem with them...bar like everyone else..a bit crushed....but recently it has not only been the volume...that happens....it also the amount of hands that are close to impossible to fold...but never catching...and the amount of folded muck that is ending up winners....these percentages of hands have been astronomical.....and two cards in particular have thwarted me time after time after time...eights and kings...my game has been good...and all i ever wanted was to play socialable poker....but i now definitely feel the site is making it impossible...next week i could win 4...but it doesn't and wouldn't now change my opinion...in my heart i know its rigged...but i luv the game...and i have played with you debs and recall a good game were you took me out...a nice lie up by the way...and i generally enjoy playing with everyone at the tables...I never vent frustration at a table.. feeling that area 51 is the proper forum for this...no site is any different...and i wish i had somewhere in my area where i could play at a table....but thanks for replying..and i hope i meet you again on the table....(with better results..lol)...(or without better result)...luv the game
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: dont win : thank you debs...a lot of it is just kneejerk reaction...but honestly my usually answer to a bad river is gurgle gurgle...and bad beats are part of the game...and i honestly have never had a problem with them...bar like everyone else..a bit crushed....but recently it has not only been the volume...that happens....it also the amount of hands that are close to impossible to fold...but never catching...and the amount of folded muck that is ending up winners....these percentages of hands have been astronomical.....and two cards in particular have thwarted me time after time after time...eights and kings...my game has been good...and all i ever wanted was to play socialable poker....but i now definitely feel the site is making it impossible...next week i could win 4...but it doesn't and wouldn't now change my opinion...in my heart i know its rigged...but i luv the game...and i have played with you debs and recall a good game were you took me out...a nice lie up by the way...and i generally enjoy playing with everyone at the tables...I never vent frustration at a table.. feeling that area 51 is the proper forum for this...no site is any different...and i wish i had somewhere in my area where i could play at a table....but thanks for replying..and i hope i meet you again on the table....(with better results..lol)...(or without better result)...luv the game
    Posted by edge215
    In the words of dohhh , keep the faith xxx
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: dont win : thing is what do you want "them" to do about it.........?stop players who are ahead being outdrawn? insist fh never gets beat? aa never looses to aipf?....because i dont think it would be possible
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    not at all daveyzz...would make it a boring game...but these things dont continuously happen time after time after time....i want them to turn on the rng...that's all
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: dont win : not at all daveyzz...would make it a boring game...but these things dont continuously happen time after time after time....i want them to turn on the rng...that's all
    Posted by edge215
    my point is that "they" cant do anything about it....the rng is what it is.
    i think its ok but some people think its dodgy in some way.....so if you think that way there is no point in playing surely?.
    unless you think you will get your turn to win eventually....

gl..dave
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: dont win : my point is that "they" cant do anything about it....the rng is what it is. i think its ok but some people think its dodgy in some way.....so if you think that way there is no point in playing surely?. unless you think you will get your turn to win eventually.... gl..dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    i dont believe the rng is cast in stone Daveyzz...its a computer programme...and as such..can be easily altered at the push of a button...it can be altered so there is a higher percentage of face cards..or a higher percentage of muck cards....and i believe it is regularly...depending on wether quotas have been reached or not..in fact it could be self regulated to fit this criteria...but unfortuneately i am one of those people with a highly addictive nature..i.e.I still bet on horses..football..and snooker..despite the fact there is numerous worldwide court case which have been dragging on for years attesting to the fact that all of these sports have more rigging than captain jack sparrows black pearl...luv poker...win or lose...and unless i find a live table venue...i'll just have to put up with what i've got....and by the by...it is only an opinon Daveyzz...so i hope i'm wrong...and best of luck to yourself at the tables... 
  • edited July 2011
    Debatable whether u shudda called 4 x raise with 10 jack off. Bet on flop too low. Bet on turn shudda been all in or check ready for a fold. In my humble opinion. Once board pairs u shudda been outa there.......Not saying im a poker master or owt just needs folding at times especially in tourneys.....again in my opinion only
  • edited July 2011
    Debatable whether u shudda called 4 x raise with 10 jack off. Bet on flop too low. Bet on turn shudda been all in or check ready for a fold. In my humble opinion. Once board pairs u shudda been outa there.......Not saying im a poker master or owt just needs folding at times especially in tourneys.....again in my opinion only
    Posted by peacock10
    totally agree peacock...I did state this was a badly played hand...in defence i must say i knew he hadn't higher spade....and a hint of desperation told me i couldn't get beat three times with ace flushes to houses with eights in them....by this stage i was starting to panic that i would never win another significant hand....and constant cruel hands will make you lose confidence with your good hands...i.e. not taking what you should from the pot...and play more bad hands...in the hope you can do on to others that has been done on you...in short...a sustained period of brutal cards will affect your gameplay...by the why...guy hand been going all in with four suited on board when all he had was queens...how can you fold to that
  • edited July 2011
    This site is a total joke.I have never seen so much bad play win as matey says dont win for gods sake.My advice is play for a while and leave you will never get a bankroll on sky poker.
  • edited July 2011
    This site is a total joke.I have never seen so much bad play win as matey says dont win for gods sake.My advice is play for a while and leave you will never get a bankroll on sky poker.
    Posted by russ137
    Tell that to the pro players on here then ;)
  • edited July 2011
    you will gain a bankroll, but if like me lose it to bad luck..

yes the chasers and bad callers hit on rivers or runner runner.

but these people dont know how to play poker, they dont know how to ready betting or anything but their own 2 cards. they dont see the posibilities of what hand is out there...

you can make mistakes yourself. everyone does. if you can admit that. you can win.. if you see where you went wrong...

i am having alot of bad luck myself by being called by people who think they are winning and calling.. then they win on river or runner runner..  not bad play by me, but by them calling and hitting LUCK..

i have learnt that it is not my playing that needs to change, it is my luck that needs to change. i am up on the site and would be a hell of alot more up if i had not had bad luck...

i could show you atleast 10hands in the last couple of days where people have made bad choices and called thinking they are winning, just against me and getting lucky...

it is poker and it can be annoying. believe me i get annoyed when they do stupid things..

my luck will change and i will start to win again, my play is good, i differ my play depending the situation. 

i know my play is good. just need better luck..

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS WHEN THE OTHER PLAYERS THINK THEY CAN PLAY POKER BECAUSE THEY GET A FEW WINS BY CHASING CARDS. YOU DONT SEE HOW MANY TIMES THEY LOSE CHASING..  they are not going to boast about chasing a 1 holding card flush for 3000 chips cos they think it will hit..

they dont see past their own 2 cards, they dont see that AK is not the best hand. they think A5 os is a really good hand(most of the time dominated) but they dont know what dominated means...

you have to see it through their eyes and you will see that they personally think they are ahead..

the fact you slow roll your AA and nothing comes flop and u push / they call with 1010 and it comes 10 river.

they dont know that. excellent play by you but unlucky to lose..

there are some really bad players and there are some excellent players.. i have played both... and everyone makes mistakes...

the problem you will find is that the bad players dont know they are bad players because they have won a few times, got into the money and lost with bad play anyway...

it takes a good player to admit where he / she went wrong in the hand..   a good player to be ables to fold your pair when overcards are showing and fold your AA when you know you are beat...   it is the bad players who call with the bottom pair cos they think you did not hit anything and catch a river, these people need to look at how they played, but they dont, because they won..

if you can acknowledge you played a hand correctly and lost then you have won half of the battle.. if you play a hand badly and win but dont know this then you will lose eventually..

you think the bad players are winning, they do win against you and I. BUT they also lose more to others...

sometime it can look like the site is bias to bad play, i have stated this myself and think the odds of some hands coming are higher than they should be..  that is my opinion.. others think that everything is fine and dandy..

we are all wrong and you can only state it is fine if you have played sooooooo many hands, of which you will never play whilst you are alive...  the rng may upset people(including me) alot but there is nothing you can do about this matter..

i was going to rant about how it needs checking but i shall not..

it is not the rng that is bringing you bad luck and making you lose to the bad players(you stated) but their bad play or your bad play...
  • edited August 2011
    i wish i new how to post hands...cos guess wat.....yes tonite first tourney ace high spade flush beat yet again by a house with eight on the river....unbelieveable?....tell me how to post hands...and i'll show u this sky manufactured hand 3 times on the same player in 3 days....you people are a joke
    Posted by edge215
    your the joke you just cant see it!!! your a bad player who is bitter at losing all the time!!!! listen to what dohh is saying cos he wins money at the game  and you dont and theres a reason for that!!!!